• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astral

So has anyone infused their weapons with anything? How are Bleed and Poison? I'm thinking of infusing my Uchigatana with a bleed stone and Ricard's Rapier with a poison stone because of that awesome multi-hit heavy attack. I'm not sure what to do with my bow.

Bloomers

Been playing this game so much in the past couple days that I completely forgot to put my initial impressions. Might just do a post game thing instead.
In the meantime I need someone to gauge my progress. I'm at the
Shrine of Armana
getting my ass kicked after the 2nd bonfire. About how many hours do I have left in the game?

Also is it true that you don't get immediately kicked into NG+ at the end of this game?

So has anyone infused their weapons with anything? How are Bleed and Poison? I'm thinking of infusing my Uchigatana with a bleed stone and Ricard's Rapier with a poison stone because of that awesome multi-hit heavy attack. I'm not sure what to do with my bow.

Can the blacksmith infuse anything right away cuz I don't think I've seen the option for doing that.

Raxus

Been playing this game so much in the past couple days that I completely forgot to put my initial impressions. Might just do a post game thing instead. In the meanwhile...

I need someone to gauge my progress. I'm at the
Shrine of Armana
getting my ass kicked after the 2nd bonfire. About how many hours do I have left in the game?

Also is it true that you don't get immediately kicked into NG+ at the end of this game?

You are near the end from what I hear.

And it is true.
You initiate NG+ at the Majula Bonfire.

Celegus

Hmmm.. anyone know how to get the items taunting me during the ride up the elevator after the
ship section of No Man's Wharf
? I can't figure out how to get them!

This game feels so plain compared to DS1. The enemies, bosses, environments all just feel incredibly average in comparison.

It just seems like a good imitation which still makes it better then most games.

Been playing this game so much in the past couple days that I completely forgot to put my initial impressions. Might just do a post game thing instead.
In the meantime I need someone to gauge my progress. I'm at the
Shrine of Armana

You still have maybe 5 hours left.

Also yes it is true

FluxWaveZ

General question about NPC companion phantoms: if an NPC phantom is "vanquished", are they permanently gone in-game?
Lucatiel killed herself by walking off a narrow bridge into the abyss, and that would suck.

Edit: The answer is no, from what I can tell.

phierce

Hmmm.. anyone know how to get the items taunting me during the ride up the elevator after the
ship section of No Man's Wharf
? I can't figure out how to get them!
Yes.
Start the elevator from the top, run out before the gate closes, get on top of the elevator, ride it down and walk in to the hole the items are in.

happypup

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but
if you manage to kill the fire salamander thing guarding the fire longsword you can jump the lip and gain access to the fire pit area you see on your way to the last giant. with enough arrows you can safely clear the area. I got a couple of the items before I died, and used over 300 arrows.

Ferrio

Banned
Had my first phantom, he got the beatdown.

I really need to find another whip though.....
stupid enemies aren't giving me them and the silky smooth trade isn't working either (got lots of other things including hammer)

ElFly

I've found some walls with writing underneath saying "secret wall" and stuff, but I cannot break them. What gives.

Also, fuck you game for making me waste a pharros stone.

Garcia

I've found some walls with writing underneath saying "secret wall" and stuff, but I cannot break them. What gives.

Also, fuck you game for making me waste a pharros stone.

You have to press X. It's a nod to the old Kings Field games.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, looking at the merchants and it seems like for a number of them you need to spend a set amount to get them to upgrade their inventory or unlock something.

Bloomers

This game feels so plain compared to DS1. The enemies, bosses, environments all just feel incredibly average in comparison.

It just seems like a good imitation which still makes it better then most games.

I agree to an extent. The bosses seem less inspired/ somewhat recycled design-wise outside of a few exceptions, and the music isn't as bombastic & distinct as it was in DaS (more like DeS in this respect).

However, I think the game more than makes up for it in the overall level design and art direction. I really dug the puzzles and platforming this time around, moreso than the original. The story presentation is solid too.

Garcia

To me it feels like a beta. It's bug ridden and has several hideous looking locations. I keep playing it only because the Co-op so far has been unbelievable good and addictive.

To you guys who bought the Collector's Edition Guide, how's it?
I only read it after I complete an area or for an NPC that I want to make sure lives through their story. There's a lot of info, life especially.

There's a spoiler about The Lost Sinner that is mind blowing.

Chake

Banned
Could someone give me directions in No Man's Wharf? I keep getting to the place where the three creatures that scared from the light are, and keep dying over there.

I only read it after I complete an area or for an NPC that I want to make sure lives through their story. There's a lot of info, life especially.

There's a spoiler about The Lost Sinner that is mind blowing.

Is there a lot of lore? I'm most interested in that.

I can't seem to get the Pursuer to show up in the Forest.. Any ideas?
Like in the beginning?
He only shows up there once. After the first boss battle he is in a different location behind a locked door opened by the soldiers key.

Could someone give me directions in No Man's Wharf? I keep getting to the place where the three creatures that scared from the light are, and keep dying over there.

On the clifftop?
If so, you're going the right way. Go straight until you hit the building that they run into, but don't go in. Instead, hang a right and go to the next building. Fight your way through it, and you'll end up on a platform with a lever. Pull it, and it'll bring the ghost ship to the dock. Your boss is in there.

Celegus

Yes.
Start the elevator from the top, run out before the gate closes, get on top of the elevator, ride it down and walk in to the hole the items are in.

Ahh, derp derp. Thanks - can definitely tell I played a bit too long tonight and it's probably a good thing I stopped for the night!

Ah, cool. Is it worth it though? Thirty percent sounds like your defense would be way too squishy.

I got naked for the
spider
boss. I was able to survive only one of his attacks, and I guess a second one but only at a very particular angle. I think it was worth it, at least for that fight. I think I'll start trying to apply it to more bosses that give my trouble. I went through like 90% of Dark Souls without a shield, so it's my preferred style of play, but the armor in this game is too good to pass up for regular enemies.

I thought you were supposed to only be able to dual-wield with weapons of the same type? Because...uh, well I'm currently dual-wielding a Falchion and a Fire Longsword together. So...there's that.

Is there a lot of lore? I'm most interested in that.
Mostly descriptions for the bosses and stuff. It's hard to say, it's Dark Souls so how much lore is a lot. EpicNameBro helped make it and had the original lore documents from FROM if I recall correctly.

I thought you were supposed to only be able to dual-wield with weapons of the same type? Because...uh, well I'm currently dual-wielding a Falchion and a Fire Longsword together. So...there's that.
There's a "duel wielding compatibility" for weapon mixes. I don't know much more than that, I don't even know how to know if I'm in a power stance.

ironcreed

Banned
Using the Halbred pissed me off. Landing its attacks properly is super annoying. I just went back to that lightning sword.

Yeah, attacking has a bit more of a rhythm to it now with some really awesome movesets. But some weapons are just going to take a bit of time to really master. I'm sticking with maces and greatswords for now, but also really like the Scythe I just got.

Bloomers

SUPER SPOILER
Its a she. The witch of :) :) :)

Some have noticed it's the same bug creature from the bed of chaos too.

Whoa.... Is this told thru items or an NPC? I mean I never actually thought
the chancellor in drangleic
was directly referring to
her

Ugh, been at half health forever. no matter how many times I am summoned and complete my duty (big and small soapstones) I can't return to human. :(

Human effigies are so rare, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom