• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you were supposed to only be able to dual-wield with weapons of the same type? Because...uh, well I'm currently dual-wielding a Falchion and a Fire Longsword together. So...there's that.

You can dual wield any weapons, but you'll only be able to use Power-stance with weapons of the same type.

dubq

Like in the beginning?
He only shows up there once. After the first boss battle he is in a different location behind a locked door opened by the soldiers key.
Yeah I was hoping to use that
eagle
to get somewhere. I'm I SOL For that now?

Is there a list anywhere of what the unique boss souls can be traded for? I'd like to spend some of 'em if it turns out I won't need to swap 'em for anything vital

Chake

Banned
On the clifftop?
If so, you're going the right way. Go straight until you hit the building that they run into, but don't go in. Instead, hang a right and go to the next building. Fight your way through it, and you'll end up on a platform with a lever. Pull it, and it'll bring the ghost ship to the dock. Your boss is in there.

Thanks! Also, is it true that enemies stop respawning after killing them couple of times?

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
The feeling when you are in the champion covenant and have been getting abused by this game for days and finally start to see yourself becoming powerful..Thank you based fromsoft ;_;

Whoa.... Is this told thru items or an NPC? I mean I never actually thought
the chancellor in drangleic
was directly referring to
her
I found out from the book honestly. I know her soul has some of the information and
the fact it's the same bug.

Yeah I was hoping to use that
eagle
to get somewhere. I'm I SOL For that now?
He's.... Around. Move along, nothing to see here.

Iron Keep stuffs

Smelter Demon is an asshole. He's also dead. Seriously, fuck that guy.

Old Iron King is one of the most underwhelming fights in the Souls series. His attacks are ridiculously easy to roll through and I took him out in a measly four cycles. Smelter Demon should have been the Primal Bonfire guardian. He makes Old Iron King look like a Hollow Soldier.

K.Sabot

No I have that I mean the equivalent of a Red Eye Orb. Or someone that sells unlimited amounts of cracked red eye orbs

Apparently there isn't and I'm still pissed that they ruined both the blue sentinel and blood covenants in this game with such an asinine design decision.

Ugh, been at half health forever. no matter how many times I am summoned and complete my duty (big and small soapstones) I can't return to human. :(

Human effigies are so rare, too.
It turns out that might be a bug and you're not supposed to regain humanity. I wouldn't depend on it so much now. :(

Fight the boss in a summon a couples times to learn to hold your own and then use an effigy, they're not that rare. I understand you can buy unlimited smooth stones to give to the crows which often nets you an effigy. There apparently is also
a thing you can pray to later of you have 0 effigies and it will let you regain humanity.

Astral

Iron Keep stuffs

Smelter Demon is an asshole. He's also dead. Seriously, fuck that guy.

Old Iron King is one of the most underwhelming fights in the Souls series. His attacks are ridiculously easy to roll through and I took him out in a measly four cycles. Smelter Demon should have been the Primal Bonfire guardian. He makes Old Iron King look like a Hollow Soldier.

I agree. That was as underwhelming as the Dragon God in Demon's Souls. Speaking of Iron Keep, what's inside
that room that seems to be on fire on the inside? Is it nothing? And how the hell do you survive the lava to get the items?

Dresden

Went through the
Gutter
, that place where you're required to use a torch to progress. Visibility wasn't Tomb of the Giants bad, but you basically couldn't see anything past a few steps without one; lighting sconces along the way and seeing the ones you lit stretch behind you all the way down to the bonfire was pretty cool. The torch mechanic is still lousy; good job on locking out dual wielders, people relying on two-handing their weapons, and archers out of their chosen method of play.

The game also ran like shit. No wonder they took most of this stuff out.

As for the level itself, disappointing, like a smaller, far less impressive version of Blighttown. And DkS2's obsession with using poison for everything is really wearing thin.

sixghost

Heads up for anyone playing an INT character, when you get to
Amana, make sure you kill the Female Mages in the water area
(late game area spoiler) until you get their staff to drop. It scales S with INT and is way better than the starting staff.

Manus

Apparently there isn't and I'm still pissed that they ruined both the blue sentinel and blood covenants in this game with such an asinine design decision.

How have the ruined the red covenant? I'm sitting on like 15 cracked red eye orbs. They drop off the pigs and you get them for solo dueling. Not very hard to obtain at all.

Toxi

Banned
How have the ruined the red covenant? I'm sitting on like 15 cracked red eye orbs. They drop off the pigs and you get them for solo dueling. Not very hard to obtain at all.
Ooh, they're farmable. That makes things easier. I was worried there for a second.

EDIT: But don't the pigs disappear after you kill them enough? Ugh.

Garcia

Just got fifty steam bucakroos for my b day (which is Sunday) and sooo tempted to buy this.

But I will be stroonnggggg.

You have seriously no idea how much fun you're gonna get when this gets released on PC. The Co-op is almost a game on its own and with PC's lightning fast loading times + Steam Servers it will be pure joy!! :D

Bloomers

I found out from the book honestly. I know her soul has some of the information and
the fact it's the same bug.
huh I'll have to take another look when I start up the game again.

On a semi-related note, I love that there are so many hidden ways to make boss fights easier if needed.
Looking up that Lost Sinner stuff showed me that if I had killed the Gargoyles sooner, I would have been able to use a torch to light up some oil to brighten up the Lost Sinner boss room.
The more you know.

K.Sabot

Worst cast scenario, you run out of pigs, then bonfire ascetics, then pigs again, then cracked eye orbs.

This is a terrible way to handle it.

The pigs don't even drop it that often, why do I have to PvE if I just want to PvP?

Why aren't you wearing the ring of binding?

Wut? Don't have the ring.

It turns out that might be a bug and you're not supposed to regain humanity. I wouldn't depend on it so much now. :(

Fight the boss in a summon a couples times to learn to hold your own and then use an effigy, they're not that rare. I understand you can buy unlimited smooth stones to give to the crows which often nets you an effigy. There apparently is also
a thing you can pray to later of you have 0 effigies and it will let you regain humanity.

I hot a tone of those, so I will see.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
To me it feels like a beta. It's bug ridden and has several hideous looking locations. I keep playing it only because the Co-op so far has been unbelievable good and addictive.

What bugs are there? The only ones I've encountered is the co-op humanity bug.

Also I still don't understand the hideous locations complaints. Even the most ugly ones are about on par with demon/dark ugly locations and the better looking locations far surpasses the best of demon/dark souls.

Dresden

Lose duels and run out of ability to duel.

This is some Tekken Revolution bullshit.

Which is ironic because this is namco published.

The game is filled with terrible decisions. If the soul memory thing works as expected, then that's going to be a royal pain as well.

What bugs are there? The only ones I've encountered is the co-op humanity bug.

Also I still don't understand the hideous locations complaints. Even the most ugly ones are about on par with demon/dark ugly locations and the better looking locations far surpasses the best of demon/dark souls.

The combo of Harvest Valley + Earthen Peak is the ugliest thing ever in the series :(

Manus

Worst cast scenario, you run out of pigs, then bonfire ascetics, then pigs again, then cracked eye orbs.

This is a terrible way to handle it.

So farming them through duels is a terrible way to handle obtaining PVP items? Like really? It's perfect practice for when invading other players. I really don't see the problem.

Lose duels and run out of ability to duel.

This is some Tekken Revolution bullshit.

Which is ironic because this is namco published.

Effigies are limited and Red Eye's are limited, it seems there is kind of an entropy in the game design to keep random invasions and coop on an even keel from an item usage perspective. It seems they want people to use specialized covenants for PvP.

Gorillaz

So the only way to get a red cracked orb is to basically farm
the pigs in the hub
or just get lucky?

I would rather deal with that style of PvP then the BS they have for covenants now

Alucrid

Banned
I cant beat the
Smelter Demon
. Maybe this would change if I can get two summons, but his fire just hurts me so much from having to go and melee him.

K.Sabot

You can just initiate duels by gong to the statues where Titchy Gren is in the Blood Covenant. I don't think you lose orbs there, do you? I have not done it yet.

You lose another item from doing that, which you gain by winning battles with cracked eye orbs.

Run out of orbs, you run out of the duel item, run out of the duel items, you run out of PvP.

Then you farm the pigs until you lose that avenue and then what?

And soul memory issue makes it so when you pvp with another person and win, you are queued higher and higher with other people close to your memory. Which makes issues in the opposite direction.

ironcreed

Banned
the pigs in the hub
or just get lucky?

I would rather deal with that style of PvP then the BS they have for covenants now

Or join the Brotherhood of Blood Covenant, go to the statues where you join after the Executioner Chariot and initiate duels. if you win, you are rewarded with them.

deadeye

the pigs in the hub
or just get lucky?

You can also get some by
trading in those smooth and silky stones to the crow. It is totally random though. I traded in 10 of them and got only 2.

Bloomers

Another question: did I pass the thing that has the King's Symbol back in
Castle Drangleic
or is it past the
Shrine of Armana
?

Yasadril

did bonfire ascetic on
skeleton lords
got
clear bluestone ring+2 which shorten spell cast time
bonfire ascetic added new monsters location in that bonfire

Astral

I cant beat the
Smelter Demon
. Maybe this would change if I can get two summons, but his fire just hurts me so much from having to go and melee him.

Either get a bigass shield that blocks everything or learn his attacks and roll. Once I learned every single one of his attack patterns, knowing when to attack and heal was a lot easier. Really tough boss though. Luckily the one after him is cake.

Prototype

ok, I give up, I need some help.

any tips for
rat king
?

I'm playing a pure strength build. I have a built up great sword and a broadsword. I can use shield with both and stay under 70%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom