• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Soul Vortex, I think. Too bad the spell has a super long cast time and kind of sucks except in very specific situations. I also just found a spell with 64 INT req, which is fucking insane.

Thanks.

The ng+ stuff sounds pretty weird - Faith has a similar miracle with absurd requirements. Not sure how useful they'll be in practice.

K.Sabot

Yeah that was really freakin close. Always fun when people don't ruin it by popping estus, hopefully etiquette will be more established in the future.

sep

Played some more tonight. Got motion sickness again. Sigh. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the way the camera moves and/or the field of view. General look of the game doesn't seem as crisp/nice as Dark Souls.. I dunno. Everything feels very choppy/clunky. I still think it's gotta be just the camera/fov making me ill, though.

Doesn't matter how slow/fast I have the camera set, I still get nauseous.

So disappointing. I even bought the CE and I rarely buy CEs, but souls games are the best there is these days in my opinion so there was no question.

Is there an official forum/contact that I can query about this? Via google I can see a few other people are reporting the same problem, and 1-2 others in this thread at least.

I am getting sickness too.
I'm playing on PS3 and after around an hour i get nausea.
Only happened before with HL2 and Borderlans 2 and changing FoV fixed it. But those were on pc, changing FoV is not an option on consoles.

blackflag

This game is ridiculously easy if you pump your ADP to at least 20. Seems much easier than The previous 2. Just owned
smelter
hard by just rolling everything and I'm pretty fuckin drunk. I've 1 shorted the last several bosses.

And I rarely ever did that in the previous ones.

Murakumo still godlike. I respecced to DEX just to use it. SL168 and being summoned and invaded still, so a lot of people are saying fuckit to the ol 130 softcap

Jobbs

Banned
I think I'm going to stop trying to sunbro around the
Smelter
. Hosts are getting chopped apart like fishes.

This boss took me more attempts than any other. I went through all 15 of my effigies trying to kill him. spent an entire night on it. Several of those times he had a smidge left when I died. Unless you have a specific item and the stats to use it (see below) I think he's the hardest boss I've seen by a good margin.

I noticed I had a shield that has 100% fire resist and 100% physical resist, but it had 2 more str requirement than I had. so I went and got some souls and leveled up to use the shield. using that shield, and with my familiarity of what he does, the boss became pretty much easy.

the problem had been his fire melee attacks -- blocking them was giving me heavy damage, and while it's possible to dodge them, it requires good timing and inevitably I'd eventually mess up.

with the 100% fire/physical shield, though, he's a snap.

RoeBear

Yeah that was really freakin close. Always fun when people don't ruin it by popping estus, hopefully etiquette will be more established in the future.

Yeah earlier I fought a guy that was throwing stuff. I thought it was Lloyd's Talismans so I shrugged it off, till I found out they were Witches urns.

Here's a Picture of my stats and stuff.

and here's one of my Equipment.

Also, if anyone is interested here's the Fight I had with K.Sabot

You can't reallocate less than what your starting class started with.

Jobbs

Banned

it is a little annoying when the host slips away and pops estus, maybe multiple times, just barely, and after I killed through 3 of his lifebars and he finally finishes me he makes some gesture like he "got me"...

SharkJAW

Just regular red invaders? How do you invade, is the cracked reds the only way? If so how do you get more?
I've been the one getting invaded, but I believe there are a couple covenants that allow for PvP, one being the bloods, and another being dragons.

Someone help me with black gulch. I try to be a good boy and destroy all the statues but once i get to the worms it all goes to hell. Surely there is another way.

What really helped me here is equip a small dagger for the statues and just take it really slowly. Something with a wide swing like a hammer just makes you move too much, so you'll get hit from al sides with poison while still in the animation. Statues crumble from one hit of anything I believe, and with a dagger you stay in place when attacking. Stab stab stab!

Also don't miss the
secret bonfire
just before the boss so you won't have to deal with all of that again if you die.

Randam

how could they make 2 of the most satisfying mechanics of demon's and dark souls 1 so dull and boring in dark souls 2?

I am talking about ripostes and backstabs..

the sound when you landed a parry and then, when you hit the riposte.
the blood everywhere.

sogood.gif

but now?
just lame..

K.Sabot

Hey man, great video! I'm curious about your stats, whats the spread like? I'm considering soul-vesseling up to get a partial faith build going so I can make use of sunbros spear and other things. You definitely looked like a veritable tank.

Here's his quote from the previous page in case you missed it.

Yeah earlier I fought a guy that was throwing stuff. I thought it was Lloyd's Talismans so I shrugged it off, till I found out they were Witches urns.

K.Sabot

AWW YISSSS finally beat the
Smelter Demon
solo

By FAR the toughest boss I've faced so far

That dude cheats. "guess i take literally 0 damage now" "guess you can't block me now"'

I just became human after doing a dragon duel, WUT? Also that would be so great if it happened more often.

Hey I make a cameo in your vid. :p

I'm almost at Iron Keep. We should PvP sometime.

fedexpeon

Banned
Okay...this is bugging the crap out of me.
I can't figure out how to get that item on the ledge in the 3 Sentinels boss room area.
I tried jumping from the 1st ledge where you landed for the boss fight, and the 2nd one near the bonfire.
I wasn't even close to reaching the edge of the ledge...please don't tell me that I need one of the bosses to break the pillar.

Ferrio

Banned
I don't think this dual wielding whips is going to work out in pvp. Nice range, and good stun... but holy hell barely any damage.

Facism

Blue sentinels feel like a massive waste of time. People have to be in the way of blue cov AND be wearing a bloody ring.

Remove the ring requirement at least.

Wtf happened to sorcery? I thought you could modify power/casting speed with r1/r2 in the stress tests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom