• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Ehhhh not sure I like this. Great for high level, shit for early play, and seems a little arbitrarily difficult given you need souls not just for levelling but also for items. Continually dying essentially increases the difficulty and lowers the probability of recovery. That's weird skewering.

instead of farming trash mobs you basically just farm bosses now if you want souls just keep dropping your soul sign and rip them up can boss run as many times as you want well till you massively out level it but then you just move to the next boss to farm

MilkBeard

Okay...this is bugging the crap out of me.
I can't figure out how to get that item on the ledge in the 3 Sentinels boss room area.
I tried jumping from the 1st ledge where you landed for the boss fight, and the 2nd one near the bonfire.
I wasn't even close to reaching the edge of the ledge...please don't tell me that I need one of the bosses to break the pillar.

Press X to Secret

R.I.P

So does
the pursuer
(second boss of forest of fallen giants) have any weaknesses? Tried him twice earlier today ( once solo and once as a phantom for another player) and my heide knight sword +3 did pretty shit damage against him.

I also tried to advance into heides tower of flame. Got the first bonfire lit there and don't have much trouble dealing with the first knight, but the second one has absolutely wrecked my shit on each try so far.

T.O.P

Banned
Welp hit my first wall today
The Lost Sinner

Dude hits like a truck, i'm trying to use a big ass shield and it's still pretty fuckin hard, i'll need to put all my atience in this fight :/

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So does
the pursuer
(second boss of forest of fallen giants) have any weaknesses? Tried him twice earlier today ( once solo and once as a phantom for another player) and my heide knight sword +3 did pretty shit damage against him.

I also tried to advance into heides tower of flame. Got the first bonfire lit there and don't have much trouble dealing with the first knight, but the second one has absolutely wrecked my shit on each try so far.

The big ass ballista in the room a weakness.

Though for both cases just learn how to dodge really.

leehom

Does your level scale with the game like the previous ones? Finding it kinda difficult trying to complete the game at level 22. At shaded woods, trying to kill all the invisible mobs and keep dieing :( Anyone want to help? I found the next bonfire and went up and got killed by whatever those creatures are. Don't know if they were blocking or not, but I only did 12 dmg a hit.

Hixx

So does
the pursuer

Pursuer
is easy to parry, just bait his charge and parry it over and over again. Or use the ballista :p

For those Knights, roll behind them on their right-hand-side after the first attack and you can get a couple of hits in easily. Rinse and repeat.

Antiwhippy

Does your level scale with the game like the previous ones? Finding it kinda difficult trying to complete the game at level 22. At shaded woods, trying to kill all the invisible mobs and keep dieing :( Anyone want to help? I found the next bonfire and went up and got killed by whatever those creatures are. Don't know if they were blocking or not, but I only did 12 dmg a hit.

?

The souls game have never scaled to your level, unless you're talking about NG+.

Randam

is there a way to jump farther?

in the first area
forrest of old giant
(idk the exact name. been playing the german version) where you find the first big
turtle mace guy
there are 2 soldiers throwing firebombs. you can climb um a letter and get to them.
and there is an item on some planks but i can't get to it.

i took of all my close, but still could make the jump.

and is it possible to kill the second (?) boss
persuer
with the
Ballista
thing, when you are fighting him solo?

beat him with my sword. just wondering.

R.I.P

The big ass ballista in the room a weakness.

Though for both cases just learn how to dodge really.

Pursuer
is easy to parry, just bait his charge and parry it over and over again. Or use the ballista :p

For those Knights, roll behind them on their right-hand-side after the first attack and you can get a couple of hits in easily. Rinse and repeat.

lol, didn't even notice there's a ballista in the boss area. Thanks for the tips!

K.Sabot

Spell parry doesn't work as well as I'd like online lol.

When I do get it, the spell goes right through me with no damage or it instantly appears back in front of the caster.

Grudy

I'm gonna stop playing until Namco fixes this server problem I'm having :l I feel like I'm missing a lot without online and it just doesn't feel the same.

Although I'm starting to think it's only affecting me because you all seem to be playing online normally (I googled it and no body seems to be having the disconnecting problem either). Should I try contacting Bamco or From?

Randam

I'm gonna stop playing until Namco fixes this server problem I'm having :l I feel like I'm missing a lot without online and it just doesn't feel the same.

Although I'm starting to think it's only affecting me because you all seem to be playing online normally (I googled it and no body seems to be having the disconnecting problem either). Should I try contacting Bamco or From?

try your ISP first.

Vortex566

I just help people beat bosses. Never once did the enemies in my game face extinction, nor have I ever run in trouble for not having enough souls. I mean shit, I'm probably over leveled at this point.

I can see it being a problem in single player, but meh, the real DS experience is online to me.

This completely, I've just spent the best part of an hour helping people kill bosses.

MilkBeard

Welp hit my first wall today The Lost Sinner

Dude hits like a truck, i'm trying to use a big ass shield and it's still pretty fuckin hard, i'll need to put all my atience in this fight :/

I am facing him now and I'll give you a tip. His attacks are powerful, but they are very easy to dodge if you roll. As long as you have some adaptability, you should be easily rolling through most of his hits. He's not so tough once you start doing that.

Vitten

Beat a boss with the help of two phantoms and we all simultaneously did the warcy gesture at each other ... LOL

Wish I had a vid, was laughing for 5 minutes sraight.

Cyborg

Just started Playing DS2..I must say it looks better than DS1 (graphics) but not as good as the original reveal.

:) Cant wait to face my first enemy.

T.O.P

Banned
I am facing him now and I'll give you a tip. His attacks are powerful, but they are very easy to dodge if you roll. As long as you have some adaptability, you should be easily rolling through most of his hits. He's not so tough once you start doing that.

I might try that instead of going for blockin every attack

@can you edit with a poiler the quote? i used /B instead of the spoiler tag lol

Antiwhippy

Beat a boss with the help of two phantoms and we all simultaneously did the warcy gesture at each other ... LOL

Wish I had a vid, was laughing for 5 minutes sraight.

I think my favourite moment of that was when me and the other guy faced each other and did the weary gesture to each other.

Where do you get the warcry gesture?

I think my favourite moment of that was when me and the other guy faced each other and did the weary gesture to each other.

Where do you get the warcry gesture?

I've done simultaneous war cries when doing co-op, it's the best.

War cry is a default gesture. Out of the ones I've learned from NPCs, I like the
duel
bow the best.

Ferr986

I might try that instead of going for blockin every attack

@can you edit with a poiler the quote? i used /B instead of the spoiler tag lol

Maybe its just me but I feel like I cant tank the bosses as easily as DS1, they drain a lot of stamina.

T.O.P

Banned

Whoop, and he's down!

Used the heavy shield tactic, i just needed more patience and to wait for the right moment, didn't even use a Flask :D

A couple of questions:

1. (covenant spoiler) In the
Bellkeeper Covenant
can I just wait around anywhere to be summoned in like the Forest Hunters in the first game?

2. How in the hell do I get to these two items:

Near the Crestfallen's Retreat bonfire.
darksouls2item1_by_realghostvids-d7a954q.jpg

Outside the Cardinal Tower bonfire.
darksouls2item2_by_realghostvids-d7a954k.jpg

I keep coming back to these areas and cannot find a way to get to them.

A couple of questions:

1. (covenant spoiler) In the
Bellkeeper Covenant
can I just wait around anywhere to be summoned in like the Forest Hunters in the first game?

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/074/c/3/darksouls2item1_by_realghostvids-d7a954q.jpg[img]

[img]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/074/c/1/darksouls2item2_by_realghostvids-d7a954k.jpg[img]

I keep coming back to these areas and cannot find a way to get to them.[/QUOTE]

First one you [spoiler]jump from the tower.[/spoiler] Second, just wait until later.

Tilian

Banned
What's people's experience with quality vs. elemental? I just got the
Dull Ember
and am wondering if elemental paths in DS2 turn out to be as powerful as quality? I'm SL70 with 25 DEX and a slabbed Falchion. I'm wondering if an elemental build will beat this with my
pine resin buffs

MilkBeard

Maybe its just me but I feel like I cant tank the bosses as easily as DS1, they drain a lot of stamina.

Yeah, I think blocking is a little more dangerous this time around. Not to mention the 100 percent block shields are super heavy as well. In DS I just carried a hollow shield around for almost the whole game because 100 percent block and it was light.

I feel like i've been using the drangleic chest armor for nearly the entire game, i havent even upgraded it yet, seems really weird that i havent come across anything even remotely similar in about 15 hours now.

MilkBeard

Whoop, and he's down!

Used the heavy shield tactic, i just needed more patience and to wait for the right moment, didn't even use a Flask :D

Yeah, you can also circle around him and when he does a wide swing you will be at his back for an attack. I kept doing that a lot.

A couple of questions:

I keep coming back to these areas and cannot find a way to get to them.

The first you can get by jumping from the base of the ladder that leads to the archer that pelts you in the area with the knight beneath the tree.

The second, I believe is a late game area.

in the first area
forrest of old giant
(idk the exact name. been playing the german version) where you find the first big
turtle mace guy
there are 2 soldiers throwing firebombs. you can climb um a letter and get to them.

There is no way to jump further, but you can make that jump with good timing. I forget what the item there is so it must not have been anything that great (I remember feeling let down when I picked it up).

Does anyone know what item is in the
Scorpioness
boss room. I killed her before realizing my mistake.

Brohan

So ive encountered
Gavlan a second time (dispelling the idea that hè is a one time thing) and he sells another ring of Giants, do they stack?

Soriku

in the first area
forrest of old giant
turtle mace guy

A couple of questions:

darksouls2item1_by_realghostvids-d7a954q.jpg

Besides taking your armor off, set your jump to L3 (on PS3; don't know what it is on 360) if you haven't. It really makes the timing much easier when the run and jump are separate. I couldn't get the Crestfallen Retreat item till I did that even when taking my armor off.

For Randam at least, I don't quite remember, but if you can't get the item this way then there's probably a way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom