• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

Lore wise who is TLS suppose to be?

because his build and mannerisms remind me of a certain old friend
that also happened to be the last boss of DS1

I don't know man, Smelter's pretty fair. Tough, but fair. You really gotta learn his attack patterns and which attacks leave him most vulnerable.

It wasn't a comment specifically about Smelter, he seems tolerable, but with all the other bosses I had to put up with today, I'm not in a mood to waste my time on bosses and areas I don't have to. I can't stand most of the bosses in this game, they're terrible. I really just want to finish this game and replay Demon's Souls again.

Ferrio

Banned
Finally, I'm power stancing two whips! Funny as hell... uh not that good but funny! I'll roll with it for awhile.

Also the game has opened up so much I forget where I've left off in each zone...

Dresden

Confirmation would be great. At this point it is just hearsay, and I am only early-mid game with my character to confirm it myself.

High damage, plus the buffs that Faith receives would be amazing.

Going back to this, I don't see how they can hit 500+ atk with it with 50 faith, unless their strength is incredibly high or the scaling picks up in the next twenty level ups. At 30 faith my sword is at 363 ATK (12str/10dex/30fth), and the last level gave me only a point increase in atk.

LordCanti

Lore wise who is TLS suppose to be?

because his build and mannerisms remind me of a certain old friend
that also happened to be the last boss of DS1

Spoiler for the identity of a mid-game boss, using info from the guide that someone told me. Don't do it if you want to figure it out yourself.

The Last Sinner, or the bug that controls him to be precise, is the Witch of Izalith from Dark Souls. Who the corpse she inhabits is, if he was anyone at all, I have no idea. I just know that she's the bug.

Okay.. so I join the bell covenant, but hanging out there I'm still invaded by greys. Why? I thought I was to be the defender. I really hate that they just pummel in. I've had several down to slivers and then someone else joins and messes all up.. Roar..

And is this area really that small?

Aaaaaahhhhhhh I finally beat those fucking
Ruin Sentinels
and now I have to fight these fucking
Bell Gargoyles
!?!?!? How is this supposed to be possible!?

I'm at a loss as to where to go next.
I've killed:

Dragonrider and the Lancer
Lost Sinner
Pursuer
Ruin sisters
Lost giant
Wharf pirate guy

I accidentally used my Branch of Yore on the dude in the prison near Lost Sinner. Now I cant find another to unlock for forests. Do I kill the gargoyles to proceed now? That is the only thing that remains that I've found so far....

Okay.. so I join the bell covenant, but hanging out there I'm still invaded by greys. Why? I thought I was to be the defender. I really hate that they just pummel in. I've had several down to slivers and then someone else joins and messes all up.. Roar..

And is this area really that small?

You don't have to be in the area to be summoned to defend the bell. I generally hang out at the The Lost Bastille's Servant's Quarters bonfire.

Mutombo

Is anyone using the twin blade? I've got it +3, but it's still no match for my Falchion +5, not by a long shot. It seems to have quite a bit defensive capabilities, so From might be nudging the twin blade user towards holding it with two hands. Once you hold it in both your hands it becomes quite fast and I was hoping the DPS would be equal to the falchion, with long attack streaks, but I just keep getting hit in between. I might need higher poise to not get interrupted?

You don't have to be in the area to be summoned to defend the bell. I generally hang out at the The Lost Bastille's Servant's Quarters bonfire.

And I don't get anything for killing invaders? I've slain the last three and no reward!! A few souls I guess.. Thanks for that tip though!

Ferrio

Banned
Is there some limitation to being summoned after you've beaten a boss? I was being summoned before a boss constantly... I beat the boss on my own game.. decide to farm some small stones... put down a sign infront of the now dead boss room... and no summons.

Gun Animal

I'm on the (I think) third boss and I'm REALLY MAD. I beat the first two in one try but this one's like a brick wall for some reason.

Three tall metal dudes. What the frick do I do? The first one is easy enough atop the ledge, but the last two always kill me.

Is there some limitation to being summoned after you've beaten a boss? I was being summoned before a boss constantly... I beat the boss on my own game.. decide to farm some small stones... put down a sign infront of the now dead boss room... and no summons.

What do these small stones do for you?

Grinchy

Banned
Anyone else sometimes feel like their dodge roll didn't register? Like the game is missing your input or there is a delay or something? I'm not talking about adaptability either. I mean when you know for sure that you weren't dodging any differently than usual but for no reason your guy just stands there and gets wrecked instead of doing the perfectly timed roll.

Ferrio

Banned
What do these small stones do for you?

You trade them to the things asking for shiny in Things Betwixt, the same ones people are giving the petrified wood gift to. You then get a random item... I was trying for the old whip. There's a list of items that it can be on the wiki. Elemental stones, effigies, some big ass mace that needs 50str to wield... etc

Anyone else sometimes feel like their dodge roll didn't register? Like the game is missing your input or there is a delay or something? I'm not talking about adaptability either. I mean when you know for sure that you weren't dodging any differently than usual but for no reason your guy just stands there and gets wrecked instead of doing the perfectly timed roll.

I haven't seemed to experience any of the input problems or framerate issues most people seem to be having. :(! My circle button kind of sucks, but it's an old controller. I tested it and it wasn't the game.

I'm on the (I think) third boss and I'm REALLY MAD. I beat the first two in one try but this one's like a brick wall for some reason.

Three tall metal dudes. What the frick do I do? The first one is easy enough atop the ledge, but the last two always kill me.

Before the boss room,
turn human and use the summon sign in one of the cells before the boss. The NPC it summons uses magic that does serious damage to them. Just keep them distracted so they don't attack her.

Garcia

I think I'm going to stop trying to sunbro around the
Smelter
. Hosts are getting chopped apart like fishes.

A sunbro needs some rest from time to time. You're doing a great service to the community.

Yep. I died because of this during the
Last Sinner
fight. Fun times!

Sitting here at work and all I can think about is playing more Dark Souls 2. Still trying to figure out a new weapon to go with over my +7 Mace.

i havent experienced this. i have fought
the pursuer and dragonrider
several times each after beating them. maybe your level is too high? the previous games all had restrictions on that i think.

i have beaten at least five bosses and that description does not sound familar to me. i suspect you have other paths open to you.

Zeliard

Shouldn't be. I've co-oped tons and all but one fight was against a boss I had already beaten in my own game (that one exception due to the host leading us to another fog door in the area).

Gorillaz

Spoiler for the identity of a mid-game boss, using info from the guide that someone told me. Don't do it if you want to figure it out yourself.

The Last Sinner, or the bug that controls him to be precise, is the Witch of Izalith from Dark Souls. Who the corpse she inhabits is, if he was anyone at all, I have no idea. I just know that she's the bug.

I knew
Witch of Izalith
was in the game somehow but I didn't know to what length

the story just got a little bit interesting

Garcia

I'm at a loss as to where to go next.
I've killed:

Dragonrider and the Lancer
Lost Sinner
Pursuer
Ruin sisters
Lost giant
Wharf pirate guy

I accidentally used my Branch of Yore on the dude in the prison near Lost Sinner. Now I cant find another to unlock for forests. Do I kill the gargoyles to proceed now? That is the only thing that remains that I've found so far....

You will get more
Branches of Yore
in a new area. Here's what you have to do in order to keep making progress:

You need to recruit the lady that's sitting close to the bonfire you light upon defeating The Lancer. Talk to her continuously until she has nothing else to say. When you warp to Majula she'll be sitting inside the branching path which you can enter next to the cat-lady's house. She'll ask for 2000 souls in order to proceed to a new area (where you will find 2 more Branches of Yore)

Gun Animal

i havent experienced this. i have fought
the pursuer and dragonrider
several times each after beating them. maybe your level is too high? the previous games all had restrictions on that i think.

i have beaten at least five bosses and that description does not sound familar to me. i suspect you have other paths open to you.

I beat the last giant and the pursuer and then i huddled up into that nest right after the pursuer's fight area. What path did you take?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
What was your class and final stats if you don't mind me askin'?

Dual swordsman, which I mainly picked for the upgraded starter weapons. I didn't dual wield. Wouldn't pick this class again, base VIG and ADP are too low.

SL 133

VIG 36
DEX 40
ADP 32
VIT 23
END 20
STR 17

Everything else at base level. Used a +10 Falchion and later a BKH. Upgraded short bow for range

Dresden

Anyone know what the sorcery spell is that looks like a Souls-version of Diablo 2's frozen orb? Looked so damn cool when another summon used it.

i feel like weapon durability is too low in this game. i am using the mace, which has 60 durability and by the time i was most of the way through
no mans wharf
i had depleted almost all of it.

I beat the last giant and the pursuer and then i huddled up into that nest right after the pursuer's fight area. What path did you take?

if you go back to manjula, there is a church looking building. go all the way down the stairs, pull a chain, and find a new area. there are two bosses in that area, and an additional area beyond it. i think from that additional area you go back to the area where the bird takes you, but in a different spot.

You're not at the end :)
Did you find those 'produce the symbol of the king' doors? Well maybe now...

wee-bey-gif.gif

Was confused as he was just hanging out, lol.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking there is an input delay type problem going on sometimes.

Here's a boss question. For The L
ast Sinner
, is the lock-on only supposed to work 60% of the time? I was about 7 feet away from the guy in the last fight I was in and I clicked the joystick 9 times in a row without it locking on. I'm sure I'm losing the lock when he gets far away from me but then it just doesn't want to seem to lock back on (unless that's some mechanic that's supposed to be there for the fight).

Gorillaz

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking there is an input delay type problem going on sometimes.

Here's a boss question. For The L
ast Sinner
, is the lock-on only supposed to work 60% of the time? I was about 7 feet away from the guy in the last fight I was in and I clicked the joystick 9 times in a row without it locking on. I'm sure I'm losing the lock when he gets far away from me but then it just doesn't want to seem to lock back on (unless that's some mechanic that's supposed to be there for the fight).

well that's part of the gimmick of that fight
if the room is completely dark then it's harder to lock on to him, you would need to open the gates on the outside of the boss room, in those 2 doors, to have the chance to auto lock on him from anywhere

SharkJAW

so you can buy infinite amounts of
large shards
but not of
normal shards
?
The blacksmith at Majula has a daughter you meet in the beginning of the poison mist valley. Talk to her until she has nothing new to say, she'll move to Majila near the blacksmith's house and sell infinite small shards.

Gun Animal

i feel like weapon durability is too low in this game. i am using the mace, which has 60 durability and by the time i was most of the way through
no mans wharf
i had depleted almost all of it.

if you go back to manjula, there is a church looking building. go all the way down the stairs, pull a chain, and find a new area. there are two bosses in that area, and an additional area beyond it. i think from that additional area you go back to the area where the bird takes you, but in a different spot.

That was the first place I checked in Majula but I didn't see the chain and figured it was a dead end. THANK YOU!

Grinchy

Banned
well that's part of the gimmick of that fight
if the room is completely dark then it's harder to lock on to him, you would need to open the gates on the outside of the boss room, in those 2 doors, to have the chance to auto lock on him from anywhere

Oh wow, thank you for that. I co-op'd with someone earlier who did that
but I didn't have the key in my game. It was dark as hell in the room so I kinda assumed it was part of the fight
, but let's just say I wouldn't be shocked to find out there are bugs in the game either lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom