• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Is there a better way to get my friend to summon me other than just putting my sign down?

both of you buy the engraving ring from the cat in manjula and enscribe it with the same god and youll only see each others soul signs makes for easy friend summoning can swap it for another right after you invite each other

mattp

has anyone figured out how pyromancy works yet? I know it's power is tied to both int and faith but is it just simply that you can upgrade either stat and they both equally power it up, or is it some combination of the two that's required

d00d3n

If you are completely hollowed out (50% health), does that reduce the invasion rate? Have been in this state for some time and I have never been invaded (not earlier in the game either). I am lvl 26 and I am trying to beat the second boss atm. Have joined Way of the Blue.

Getting quite annoyed. I have both large and small white soapstones and anywhere I place them it says failed to place. I can see bloodstains and other phantoms running around so I think online is working. Anyone else having an issue with this?

theytookourjobz

has anyone figured out how pyromancy works yet? I know it's power is tied to both int and faith but is it just simply that you can upgrade either stat and they both equally power it up, or is it some combination of the two that's required

You have to upgrade your pyromancy flame using seeds.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I really don't understand though...why didn't I get a token of flidelity? What do I need to do to get one?

There is no need for spoiler tag this.

How to get Aurous Armor Set:

1) Buy all the Alva Set
2) Equip Alva Set
3) LITERALLY jump off the well and die with the set on
4) DONT PICK UP YOUR SOULSSSSSSS!
5) Go back in to the house and talk to him, and he will give you the Aurous Armor set.

Did you get the non-invisible set or still the invisible one, using this technique?
I bought nothing more once he restocked, just used the darksign when I had 8 souls, talked to him and got the invisible set.

NIN90

There is no need for spoiler tag this.

How to get Aurous Armor Set:

1) Buy all the Alva Set
2) Equip Alva Set
3) LITERALLY jump off the well and die with the set on
4) DONT PICK UP YOUR SOULSSSSSSS!
5) Go back in to the house and talk to him, and he will give you the Aurous Armor set.

you shittin me

Tc91

I'm at
No-Man's Wharf
currently have, 30 str, 23 dex.

Using the Drangleic Sword at the moment, but is there better weapons available for me? Should I put some points into faith and use the Heide sword and upgrade it?

Question about an NPS in No Man's Wharf:

I found the guy in the top of the house who will buy items. Next time I came back, he was gone. Where can I find him again?

Is there any other way to sell items?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
RIP. My OG 60G PS3 just died on me while playing. Hadn't even gotten out of Majula yet. Hope I can at least get my disk out ;(

My 60gb died the day this came out. Ended up snagging a cheap super slim 12gb to replace(actually really hard to find, both online and in stores). Fortunately I was able to get the disc out of the drive before it collapsed when I noticed telling signs. Amazed it lasted the entire gen though, even my Wii died during its lifecycle.

So you have to stock up on effigy or is there someway to restore one's you used?

Also, should I be joining a group in mujala or whatever at this point in the game (just beat first boss)?

some one told me human effigies are like Stone of Ephemeral Eyes which mean they cannot be farmed and there are only a finite number per playthrough.

fedexpeon

Banned
some one told me human effigies are like Stone of Ephemeral Eyes which mean they cannot be farmed and there are only a finite number per playthrough.

You can kill the dogs in Lost Bastile for Human effigies, and also skeletons drop them too.
So just port to McDuff's bonfire and genocide all of those hounds =p.

Y2Kev

Also I get summoned all the time but I don't see any opportunities to summon. Why? Do I have to be human?

Hixx

I found the guy in the top of the house who will buy items. Next time I came back, he was gone. Where can I find him again?

Apparently he is only there once and I'm not aware of any similar NPCs

Tc91

I'm at
No-Man's Wharf
currently have, 30 str, 23 dex.

Using the Drangleic Sword at the moment, but is there better weapons available for me? Should I put some points into faith and use the Heide sword and upgrade it?

Don't worry, he just moves around a lot. I also found him in Harvest Valley and Doors of Pharros.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If you are completely hollowed out (50% health), does that reduce the invasion rate? Have been in this state for some time and I have never been invaded (not earlier in the game either). I am lvl 26 and I am trying to beat the second boss atm. Have joined Way of the Blue.

I think it goes something like this

High Sin Level Human
Human
High Sin Level Hollow
Hollow

No matter how many times you died I believe.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

Not confirmed yet, but I read somewhere that
he supposedly moves to harvest valley, next to where the blacksmith's daughter is. After you talk to him there, he supposedly moves to near the entrance of Brightstone Cove (the doors of pharros), where he will stay

Take that with a massive grain of salt, though.

Y2Kev

Talk to Pate in Forest of Fallen Giants. Not actually called a "large" stone but rather it's the normal one. Using it will give you Tokens of Fidelity.

Hmm, I actually did talk to him but he didnt' give me anything. Perhaps I should go back and talk more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom