• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is resistant to a lot of things, it looks like only heavy STR weapons can put a dent in him. My bro and I cooped it and he used a club and was hitting 300's at 35 STR.

He's weak to strike damage just like every armored enemy. My upgraded sword did nothing to him but my club worked great.

Hmm, I actually did talk to him but he didnt' give me anything. Perhaps I should go back and talk more.

You have to talk to him and he will talk about the next area trap then Enter the area and the door will close behind you then a ambush will trigger, survive and the last part of that area will take you to his area then talk to him again to get the soapstone

I never see the small soapstone yet but it useless when you get the normal one

Ive defeated
the persuer
, wich way can i go best now, i have a litte trouble with the
turtles
.. maybe its not my time to go there?

2AdEPT

He gave it to me after defeating
the giant
and getting my ass kicked by
the pursuer
. Maybe you have to talk to him after certain events ?
Also,
In the Forest of the Fallen Giants
what I am supposed to do after defeating the giant, going straight to the pursuer ? It seems I've explored everything in that area...
Overall the world doesn't seem as "open" as Dark Souls.

You get a
key
Soldier Key
that opens another door (go left after ladder down from bonfire) Its a cool progression .....anyone think the tree you meet down there is actually the
giant
you just
killed
? seems obvious but who knows.

BTW - anyone who wants a cool armour set that enables you to stay light for early game, check out my unveiling in the tutorial area...no spoilers there, but if you want to see how I get it you have to watch my previous vid! :p

http://youtu.be/WHdprgEZW98

bronk

Banned
Looks like I'll be finishing this game wearing that travellers headgear sold by old hag. The drop frequency is ridiculous. I'm about to complete the armor set those giants in heide's ruins wear in just one sweep of the entire area. Effigy drops is frequent too.
Thanks old hag I always wear mine.

Jobbs

Banned
hey, guys, if you won by drinknig estus 4 times while your attacker isnt able to heal at all, and just barely won, then please don't emote.

thanks , but i'm not doing that. i paid a lot of money for this game xD

I was able to stockpile that much as if there is a leftover souls from leveling up I buy that or chunks or gems. Good to finally put it to use lol. I enetered the boss with 38 bombs, finished the boss with 10 left. So still a crap ton of bombs.

Have you tried the Drangleic armor? That's been my go to armor till I got the giants armor.

Where do you get the Drangleic armor?

Also, to anyone, what is the cover/promotional artwork armor? How do you get that one?

And how do I get to the
Pursuer? I keep hearing about this boss being after the first boss in the Forest, but I can't seem to get any further, I just come up to a King's door or something

Also, to anyone, what is the cover/promotional artwork armor? How do you get that one?

After the pursuer fight, walk past that area near a huge tree. Before that tree there is a hole in the ground. If you look down on that hole, you will see the armor set. Jump down and viola a great set. Look out for those soldiers playing dead though.

Edit: it is heavy as fuck btw. I suggest at least 18vit.

after defeating the pursuer, you continue and will see a hole, down there you'll a corpse, he has the whole set of drangleic armor
You get to the
by going back to the area with the giant stone sword, on the right there's a door, you need the soldier's key to open it, (which you probably have), after some staircases you'll find him

After the pursuer fight, walk past that area near a huge tree. Before that tree there is a hole in the ground. If you look down on that hole, you will see the armor set. Jump down and viola a great set. Look out for those soldiers playing dead though.

Haha wow, then that ties exactly into the other question I just asked above...

Astral

What determines how many souls you get from killing invaders? Is it the amount souls they're carrying? I just wanna kill someone who's loaded.

Nose Master

The Rat Covenant takes fucking forever when you're at a high soul level. I have a feeling the ring you get at the end won't even be worth it.

Try the other area? I also found that the first spawn is almost instantaneous, so I usually just stop in for a quick murder after I die a bunch on my current dungeon or wherever. Lot faster than waiting around.

Scher

Some of these bonfires are freaking stupid.

The one in Sinner's Rise is ridiculous because it's right next to some crossbow enemies that as soon as you spawn at that bonfire, they start firing at you and running toward you. I thought bonfires were supposed to be a safe location of rest? wtf

That bonfire is easily the source of many of my deaths. I've warped there several times when I've needed to take care of something and I keep forgetting those archers are right there.

That bonfire is easily the source of many of my deaths. I've warped there several times when I've needed to take care of something and I keep forgetting those archers are right there.

Why don't you just farm them until they stop respawning? Easy enough solution.

Haha wow, then that ties exactly into the other question I just asked above...

From the bonfire above last giant. Down the ladders, turn right, straight past the sconce, door, behind it is 2 spear soldiers, to right is another door, 2 spear dude again, and upstairs is the fog gate to the boss. There is also a way from it near the ballista room, and the hole in the wall is blocked by metallic turtle.

That doesn't change the fact that it's bad design, which seems to be more prevalent in this game than I'd like.

Oh, no, I get that. Some design decisions were clearly made just so they could be dicks. But harping on the fact won't change anything. Just farm them until they're gone for good and be done with it. :)

Essay

Oh man, I'm loving all the opportunities to get mobbed by NPCs when I invade people. Blue Sentinels should try to put their ring on in the central water-filled area at the Doors of Pharros. Nothing as exhilarating as fighting off a real human opponent, two mammoths, two toxic-inducing rats and an axe-wielding ogre all at once while waist deep in water.

Killing off the Bell Keepers is kind of fun too for that same fighting-off-a-legion feel. I've only found Belfry Sol though. Where's the other bell at?

TWILT

Banned
Question about humanity: My friend just helped someone defeat a boss in co-op (after being summoned), but he didn't become human again. I remember being summoned for help myself, and I got my humanity back; is it a one time only thing or something?

RoeBear

Question about humanity: My friend just helped someone defeat a boss in co-op (after being summoned), but he didn't become human again. I remember being summoned for help myself, and I got my humanity back; is it a one time only thing or something?

From has said it's a bug. You aren't supposed to ever get your humanity from coop.

halfbeast

Banned

it's a glitch, apparently. you're not supposed to get revived.

...great, isn't it?

Ardenyal

It seems random to me. I've become human on both failed and succesful attempts. Maybe it just inches you towards humanity bit by bit.

Edit: oh, cleared by posts above

TWILT

Banned
From has said it's a bug. You aren't supposed to ever get your humanity from coop.
it's a glitch, apparently. you're not supposed to get revived.

...great, isn't it?
It seems random to me. I've become human on both failed and succesful attempts. Maybe it just inches you towards humanity bit by bit.

Edit: oh, cleared by posts above
Eesh, my friend's stuck at the Lost Bastille's boss with only half his health lol.

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up guys!

Rojo

Hey guys where can i find the cloak used in this gif looks nice.
imN72a7hYHbVp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom