• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the DLC weapons says, in its description, that it's found in the
Undead Purgatory
. I tried going everywhere I can think of in this little zone, but couldn't find them.

Anyone who knows where they're found? Or maybe you don't get them if you redeemed the sets?

I'm human, have the White Soapstone from Pate. I can't leave my sign to be summoned...any ideas? I'm in the Blue Covenant u get at the start
This has happened to me. It's only happened after I've used my sign, got a summons, and then for whatever reason I fail to join the session and my soapstone is unusable. I fixed this issue by quitting to the start screen and reloading. Hope that helps.

Hmm, I actually did talk to him but he didnt' give me anything. Perhaps I should go back and talk more.
Yeah, explore the area he asks you to and when you return to him he'll give you the soapstone as a reward.

3v1 and I won! I used the red soapsign so I got summoned to invade and this dude had two other phantoms with him. Well screw that I had the entire huntmans corpse at my back so I lured them to those big dudes, the phantoms got distracted and the actual host seemed to not be paying attention to me and I just went all in and kill him.

Awesome.

domstah

This has happened to me. It's only happened after I've used my sign, got a summons, and then for whatever reason I fail to join the session and my soapstone is unusable. I fixed this issue by quitting to the start screen and reloading. Hope that helps.

Yeah, explore the area he asks you to and when you return to him he'll give you the soapstone as a reward.

This was my work around too - same deal, had a failed summon, unable to use either soapstone. Quitting out and reloading got all working again.

daman824

I picked knight as my class. What stats should I be focusing on? I've been raising endurance, strength, and dex. Should I be changing anything up?

Also, there is a limited amount of human effigies? How are you supposed to get your health back to normal after they are all used up?

Jobbs

Banned
It is extremely rare to get a laggy match, only twice for me in about 30 fights.

I've had a lot of laggy fights, and it usually seems to favor the host. I am pretty sure there's a gears 1 style host advantage in pvp. he can attack when I'm out of the way on my screen and I'll get hit, and I'll attack him dead center and nothing connects. This isn't every match but it happens often enough to make pvp seem a bit silly.

Hixx

I picked knight as my class. What stats should I be focusing on? I've been raising endurance, strength, and dex. Should I be changing anything up?

Also, there is a limited amount of human effigies? How are you supposed to get your health back to normal after they are all used up?

Being summoned has a chance for you to regain humanity.

Quick question - kind of at a dead end here.

I just talked to the guy who mentions a warrior who insisted on going first (think NPC is named Pate?)

I went thru an arch, a gate closed behind me.

I killed my way past a few packs of bad guys, ended up on a ledge above the NPC.

I can drop down, but not sure if I'm missing anything before I do.

Was this a pointless run around? I think there was one body with an item to loot... but other than that seemed like a dead end.

Wanchan

Getting quite annoyed. I have both large and small white soapstones and anywhere I place them it says failed to place. I can see bloodstains and other phantoms running around so I think online is working. Anyone else having an issue with this?

Did you create your character offline, without any patch applied to the game and with calibration 1.00?

I've had a lot of laggy fights, and it usually seems to favor the host. I am pretty sure there's a gears 1 style host advantage in pvp. he can attack when I'm out of the way on my screen and I'll get hit, and I'll attack him dead center and nothing connects. This isn't every match but it happens often enough to make pvp seem a bit silly.

this has been my experience as well, I honestly had more fun in Dark Souls PvP.

I get hit by air and take damage yet I hit directly on someone and whiff.

also the
dragon shrine
boss is impossible

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
I just noticed in Heide's Tower that my character is jumping backwards when blocking some of these enemy attacks. Anyone know what is causing that to happen? It's pretty cool, but also had me almost jumping off the ledges sometimes while circle-strafing.

Looks like I'll be finishing this game wearing that travellers headgear sold by old hag. The drop frequency is ridiculous. I'm about to complete the armor set those giants in heide's ruins wear in just one sweep of the entire area. Effigy drops is frequent too.

Hmm, I actually did talk to him but he didnt' give me anything. Perhaps I should go back and talk more.

He gave it to me after defeating
the giant
and getting my ass kicked by
the pursuer
. Maybe you have to talk to him after certain events ?
Also,
In the Forest of the Fallen Giants
what I am supposed to do after defeating the giant, going straight to the pursuer ? It seems I've explored everything in that area...
Overall the world doesn't seem as "open" as Dark Souls.

Kysen

I cant see how a SL1 speed run is possible. Some of these bosses are just crazily hard. Huge arcing swings, getting shot by adds while handling a boss or fighting while taking environment damage. I've also being relying on summons alot this time around. Also whats up with the
bell towers
. Every time I enter those zones I get constantly invaded. At one point I had 2 invaders and like 5 mobs chasing me, obviously I got ganked.

Jobbs

Banned
I cant see how a SL1 speed run is possible. Some of these bosses are just crazily hard. Huge arcing swings, getting shot by adds while handling a boss or fighting while taking environment damage. I've also being relying on summons alot this time around. Also whats up with the
bell towers
. Every time I enter those zones I get constantly invaded. At one point I had 2 invaders and like 5 mobs chasing me, obviously I got ganked.

bell tower is a pvp area. it's like the cat forest covenant in souls 1.

Mindlog

Other random things.
There are blood stains EVERYWHERE.
I can easily get summoned EVERYWHERE.
Leaving helpful messages is just as important as dumb messages. One of my illusory wall messages is getting me health almost every 10 minutes and two of my dumb messages are doing the same. One dumb bonfire ahead in front of a bonfire is getting noticed frequently along with my message about the dumb treasure you have to jump to in one of the early zones.

Also receive a smattering of rates from fake mimic messages.

bell towers
it's a covenant.

Anyone who enters the belltower gets invaded by members.

Ardenyal

Upgraded my scimitar which was my main weapon to have poison effect not realising this would make it now do terrible damage. Not enough chunks to get another decent weapon so I'm feeling a little underpowered :p. Need to find a palestone.

Also,
smelter demon
was really tough for me, took over an hour before I finally bested him. Ironically I'm finding it easier to solo bosses because my summons always die before the boss gets down to half health.

Yeah. Poison seems really hard to apply now. even with dual wield with good movesets for getting in multiple hits it seems to take too long to get anything going with poison.

Kysen

I really recommend trying out the lingering flame pyro spell. Makes for some funny trap moments, place 4 of them and lure people/monsters and watch them explode. Made the
rat boss a joke as the critters detonated right at the start.

Ardenyal

Sorcerer is useless.
SL 102 with 41 INT
Soul Spear does 80-100 Damage to the
Smelter Demon
Soul Arrow does 10-20
Yeah, no chance.

In singleplayer or multi?

In multiplayer I could do only something like 30 dmg to him... I was a sliver of HP away from defeating him when my phantoms died.. trying to whittle away that last bit took longer than taking him down by myself lol.

Kysen

Sorcerer is useless.
SL 102 with 41 INT
Smelter Demon
Soul Arrow does 10-20
Yeah, no chance.

Its just that one boss, everything hits really weak especially when he powers up the second time.

I summoned some casters earlier and one of them was doing crazy damage with this weird blue soul like spell.

Sorcerer is useless.
SL 102 with 41 INT
Smelter Demon
Soul Arrow does 10-20
Yeah, no chance.

He is resistant to a lot of things, it looks like only heavy STR weapons can put a dent in him. My bro and I cooped it and he used a club and was hitting 300's at 35 STR.

Some of these bonfires are freaking stupid.

The one in Sinner's Rise is ridiculous because it's right next to some crossbow enemies that as soon as you spawn at that bonfire, they start firing at you and running toward you. I thought bonfires were supposed to be a safe location of rest? wtf

Tell me about it, I just lost 180K at that bonfire by warping from Majula and leaving my console to get something to eat. I come back and see 0 souls with no stain anywhere :(

Astral

The Rat Covenant takes fucking forever when you're at a high soul level. I have a feeling the ring you get at the end won't even be worth it.

Its just that one boss, everything hits really weak especially when he powers up the second time.

I summoned some casters earlier and one of them was doing crazy damage with this weird blue soul like spell.

Ah okay, how are my stats btw ?

Good or bad for sorcerer?

SL: 102

VGR 20
END 20
VIT 15
ATN 20
STR 11
DEX. 9
ADP 13
INT 42
FTH 6

Carroway

I would imagine that MP in Dark Souls 2 is the same as in Dark Souls 1.. The more people you had with you, the more HP the boss would have.

As a side note:

Putting the Cross Region play to Allowed and being in the Heirs of Sunlight = Always Summoned. Very fun to help people through the levels! So far I am enjoying this game quite abit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom