• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
After beating a boss in co-op I returned to my word and my character has changed his facial settings. Im now sporting a long pony tail and lost all facial hair. Known bug?

Hixx

you really should become human, when you success full helped a player.

I can understand why they wouldn't do it as a 100% chance to regain humanity when you are successful but maybe a 20-25% chance would be a nice perk without making it too easy an alternative to finding an Effigy.

Endgame I think. I'm stuck. Don't have the patience to backtrack for another 4-5 hours for a random door.
Just killed the 2 guys at Throne of Want
. Where the hell do I go next? I suspect I missed a random door that you need
the kings ring
to open.

Dresden

I remember people thinking that every successful summon would result in chipping away another layer of death, until you went human. I wouldn't have minded this.

Kieli

Every time I watch more of this game, I like it less and less. I should probably just abstain completely before it's too late.

skynidas

Banned
Endgame I think. I'm stuck. Don't have the patience to backtrack for another 4-5 hours for a random door.
the kings ring
to open.
Did you went to the dead trees? In the forest

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
the kings ring
to open.

Did you go to the top of the Dragon spire yet? You get a quest item there that will finally solve a mystery

Hey guys where can i find the cloak used in this gif looks nice.
http://i.minus.com/imN72a7hYHbVp.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Someone's petrified in the bastille...

Jobbs

Banned
driinking estus is way too easy in this game. it's almsot impossible to stop hosts from drinking multiple times. getting boring. where can we pvp where no one can estus, or both? only one with 10 heasl per fight and not the other is boring pvp.

God, this game is HUGE. Way bigger than DS1. I thought I was finished when I got
the 4 big souls, and now I realize that was like halfway.

Phatmac

driinking estus is way too easy in this game. it's almsot impossible to stop hosts from drinking multiple times. getting boring. where can we pvp where no one can estus, or both? only one with 10 heasl per fight and not the other is boring pvp.
Use more Lloyd talisman's it stops people from using estrus flasks.

Gorillaz

I think the bug over humanity has to do with the fact the game is confused between which health bar and form should be brought back after victory. Since you can "full health" in someones world even if your half health in yours

Merchant. That merchant " old hag" that used to be near the bonfire above the last giant boss, now in Majula.

thanks I figured that's the one you meant haha

ElFly

I am not liking the moveset of the large club.

If you don't let go of the stick, you can change the direction of the hit of the 2H strong attack, even when locked,, which has made me miss ton of times.

Jobbs

Banned
Use more Lloyd talisman's it stops people from using estrus flasks.

are these easily farmable? how long do they last?

pvp in this game usually tmeans, fight, and if he gets hurt, just wait for the host to start running like a rat trying to estus while you frantically try to stop them, usually unable to.

I want both sides to have estus or no sides. there should be a place for that to happen.

Someone's petrified in the bastille...

2an4d.png

That guy is of no use to me and thats a great looking set too, hmm.

AngryMoth

Iron keep question.
How'd I get all that loot guarded by fire? Thought maybe there'd be a flame stoneplate ring equivalent but I just beat the area and haven't found one.

Phatmac

are these easily farmable? how long do they last?

pvp in this game usually tmeans, fight, and if he gets hurt, just wait for the host to start running like a rat trying to estus while you frantically try to stop them, usually unable to.

I want both sides to have estus or no sides. there should be a place for that to happen.
I believe you can buy them from the merchant.

Grinchy

Banned
I've had a lot of laggy fights, and it usually seems to favor the host. I am pretty sure there's a gears 1 style host advantage in pvp. he can attack when I'm out of the way on my screen and I'll get hit, and I'll attack him dead center and nothing connects. This isn't every match but it happens often enough to make pvp seem a bit silly.

The first time I was invaded was on the release date. It was in the Forest. It ran silky smooth and it was a great fight. I've only been invaded twice more since then but they were both laggy in the way you describe. The guy could be swinging from 7 feet away and still connect for some reason and my hits that were directly on him wouldn't go through.

Did you go to the top of the Dragon spire yet? You get a quest item there that will finally solve a mystery

God dammit I missed a branching path. What area leads to that? The only place I think I could have ran through was
Shrine of Amana
without fully exploring.

phierce

Iron keep question.
How'd I get all that loot guarded by fire? Thought maybe there'd be a flame stoneplate ring equivalent but I just beat the area and haven't found one.
You have to use the
pharros' stones to fill the small pool with water. Hop in the water to get wet and survive the lava.

Goddamn, are you serious game? I joined the champions convenant at the beginning not knowing what it is doing. Just found out at level 60.... Different game now... and I was wondering what everybody is about that it is easier than DS1...

This place after
Drangleic Castle
is awful. There are way too many casters in an area full of water.

Yea I just ran through. Magic in general in this game is complete bullshit to dodge, making PvP all the more fun as well! The range on those magic sniper bitches is insane though.

Gorillaz

Some of these dudes in huntsman Corpse are starting to piss me off co op wise. Moving around all heavy and shit, blocking me from moving away from attacks and running on the bridge pushing me out of the way to my death

then actually send me a message saying "oops"

NekoFever

Goddamn, are you serious game? I joined the champions convenant at the beginning not knowing what it is doing. Just found out at level 60.... Different game now... and I was wondering what everybody is about that it is easier than DS1...

I'm pretty sure it warns you before you join.

demidar

Do you know where exactly?

In that three storied area that leads to the isolated tower across the bridge that has a bonfire at the top of it, keep going up instead of crossing the bridge. You'll find two prison cells and lots of exploding zombies. The petrified person is blocking the one with a bonfire inside of it.

What's the deal with all the bonfires in dead ends? I found one in forest of giants, and another in cathedral of blue. What is the point of these bonfires?

Jesus, I'm not usually one to complain but getting elemental weapons is such a fucking chore in this game. It's the total MO of Dark Souls II: make one half of the equation simpler, make the other half more obtuse.

I'm really complaining about nothing. Iron Keep can't be that far in the game. I don't care about spoilers now, which way to Iron Keep?

Nose Master

Are you serious? Drinking an estus mid fight is pretty much "hey, murder my shit." The animation is long enough to get off like 2-3 swings, easy. You can't even walk while you're chuggin.

Garcia

How do I enter
The Gutter?
I already paid the NPC to drop that ladder into the hole but the stone door remains locked. Where am I supposed to find the key? :eek:

Spacebar

Where the hell can I find a talisman for a Knight? I got 10 ATN and 12 FTH and the Heal spell, but I can't find anything to let me cast it.

Jobbs

Banned
Are you serious? Drinking an estus mid fight is pretty much "hey, murder my shit." The animation is long enough to get off like 2-3 swings, easy. You can't even walk while you're chuggin.

I've been chain pvping for days, and it hosts are constantly getting an estus off. it's almost every fight.

the cat sells a limited quantity of lloyds, is tehre anywhere to farm them or buy them unlimited?

How do u get the soul at the top of Hill in forest of giants? The one that's near the beginning by the first bonfire? Also how do you get soul on topof scaffold.... Around the area you get flame sword

Alrighty, got to the castle and got my Heide Spear to +10, good place to stop for a couple of days.

I really liked the Rotten, even if he was a total pushover it was nice to fight a boss that there wasn't 3 of, had a posse of enemies with him, or had buggy targeting because the room was supposed to be pitch black but wasn't because lolnolighting.

halfbeast

Banned
Where the hell can I find a talisman for a Knight? I got 10 ATN and 12 FTH and the Heal spell, but I can't find anything to let me cast it.

when you walk to Majula from the tutorial area (betwixt something) down the path, on your right there's a ledge you can roll down from to grab a couple of items. or you go to the Heide area with those giant sentinels and beat the boss, after that you can get lots of miracles and I think you can buy a talisman there too.

Dresden

There's a cleric's chime around Majula, it's off a hidden ledge to the right of when you first come out of the beginning area and into Majula proper. Look along the cliff.

There's also a binocular, which lets you aim spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom