• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fellas that beat the Iron Keep:

Please tell me there's a closer bonfire to
Old Iron King
than the one after the
Smelting Demon
. It's a fucking drag to go through the narrow ass corridors with the stone knights. I'll also welcome tips to kill these guys quickly or ways to sidestep them.

hew9753

The
Bell Covenant
has to be the one of the most frustrating thing in a Souls game. It's impossible to get through that tiny
Belfrey Luna
area to the boss fight without getting invaded by one or two people. It's constant. There's no time to get through the area and summon help against the
Gargoyles

I know, I should be better at PVP or learn to fight the boss myself, but this part of the game is one the few times in a Souls game where I've felt it was just plain unfair. Maybe there are so many invaders because the game is new but man is it pissing me off right now.

Facism

So I don't think I can wait for the pc version. How's the framerate and stuff on PS3? Does anyone think it is worth waiting?

game looks like shit and runs like shit, but it's that rich, creamy Souls goodness we all love.

COOP seemingly works at any level and everywhere. I've never waited for more than 30 seconds to get summoned anywhere, even in the Forest at level 45.

Dresden

Fellas that beat the Iron Keep:

Please tell me there's a closer bonfire to Old Iron King than the one after the Smelting Demon. It's a fucking drag to go through the narrow ass corridors with the stone knights. I'll also welcome tips to kill these guys quickly or ways to sidestep them.

There is. In that room with the four-directional flame breathers and the spiked walls, look for a ladder leading up.

Is there ever a way to bring back enemies that you've killed 10 times? This mechanic is really annoying.

I'm not sure anyone knows anything about how this works for certain?

Because I had enemies in Heide's Tower that were gone because I'd killed them and they'd killed me so many times. Several hours later and several bosses later, they are all back.

On the other hand, there are enemies that disappeared in Giant's Forest that were gone way before I ever found Heide's Tower, and they're still gone now. So I don't know how it works.

Rojo

So how do i invade someone on my friends list do our levels need to be the close to each other he just started and is casting on twitch i just want to ruin his day.

Question about pursuer
is there any other times he fights you? I got the kmpression from previews youd see him throuh the whole game but all that happened was he killed me once in the castle then i just killed him last night in the fight behind a boss door... A litle bit anti climactic

Servbot24

Banned
None. I haven't even gone past the Last Giant. I'm stuck, it's the gate that closes behind you after pate. I died and now I can't get back through the gate.

That's the gate past the room with arrow launchers (lol i don't know the word for these) right? You don't need to go in there to face the Last Giant.

Question about pursuer
is there any other times he fights you? I got the kmpression from previews youd see him throuh the whole game but all that happened was he killed me once in the castle then i just killed him last night in the fight behind a boss door... A litle bit anti climactic

yes. after the first boss in iron keep he spawns in the boss room

theytookourjobz

The
Bell Covenant
has to be the one of the most frustrating thing in a Souls game. It's impossible to get through that tiny
Belfrey Luna
area to the boss fight without getting invaded by one or two people. It's constant. There's no time to get through the area and summon help against the
Gargoyles

I know, I should be better at PVP or learn to fight the boss myself, but this part of the game is one the few times in a Souls game where I've felt it was just plain unfair. Maybe there are so many invaders because the game is new but man is it pissing me off right now.

It's an optional area. Also you're trespassing. Keep off mah bells bro.

Jobbs

Banned
This. I've found you have to attack immediately after they take the swig or else they can easily roll away. The drinking animation does not last the entire time health is being restored unlike DkS1. So frustrating in Belfry Luna/Sol when peeps would run away and get a quick swig in before I could attack.

it's happened several more times since my last post, dude. they just sprint away and estus, and it's so fast you can't stop them. you sprint to them but have little or no endurance to put the kill moves on them.

dubq

How does Way of the Blue work? Is someone supposed to automatically be summoned when I am being invaded or do I have to do something special? Also do I need to be wearing the ring?

how am I supposed to kill these shield hollow soldiers?They're just too strong, if i attack when their shields down i get countered, if i attack when they aren't attacking I do no damage and get countered.

dubq

how am I supposed to kill these shield hollow soldiers?They're just too strong, if i attack when their shields down i get countered, if i attack when they aren't attacking I do no damage and get countered.

The ones with the spears and shields? I just dodge to their left and slash them from behind after they've taken a swipe.

You gotta make them commit to a move, wait for them to be exposed, and then strike.

Foffy

Banned
My copy of the game is arriving on Tuesday, but I have a question about Covenants. Can they still be used offline? For example, every Covenant in the previous game allows you to pool and farm offline for materials to get upgrades outside of the Forest Hunter Covenant (though you can still get the Fog Ring another way). I wanted to know if that was the case, or does every Covenant now mandate online play?

dralla

Where the heck is the Pyromancer lady in the hub? She said she'd be there after I rescued her but can''t find her anywhere. I can't find any of the NPC's I've help actually.

Jobbs

Banned
at this point i have 55 titanite chunks and an npc vendor who sells unlimited larges, but the rare commodity is the lowly titanite shard, which is going extinct.

Fell down a pit in the Shaded Woods and got all my gear destroyed. Cost me 15,000 just to repair my rings! This game . . .

Also, everyone is wearing Drangelic Armor. I need some new gear!

Celegus

Oh yeah, took down
Lost Sinner
on my first try. Good thing, too, since I had 30k souls on my person from dying so many times getting to him. Those poison zombies ain't no joke. Been on a roll lately, just tearing through bosses. It took a little at first, but I think I got my Dark Souls legs back.

sixghost

at this point i have 55 titanite chunks and an npc vendor who sells unlimited larges, but the rare commodity is the lowly titanite shard, which is going extinct.

You eventually get a vendor in Majula that sells infinite shards. After the
Havest Valley

NeededSleep

Can anyon tell me what those giant dead trees in forest of giants are for? you can examine them but it does nothing. Spotted 3 of them so far.

Thanks!

Also are there any swords to aim for like from ds1 the one you get from qualag*sp?

Was my fav weapon, so far nothing has been too exciting for me :(

Quick bump. Still haven't been able to find any info about the trees

nOoblet16

Ok I am kind of frustrated now, why is it that my weapon never even comes close to doing half the amount of damage as my base stat? I've got halberd with 230 damage and +50 on top from scaling and yet when I fight the ruin sentinels the one handed hard attack only does damage ranging from 70-110. wtf? I tried to use a blunt weapon instead because of their armour and even that suffers from the same issue apparently.

And it's not just the sentinals, it's the same with those big guys and the royal guards that I need to fight on my way to the ruin sentinels (was never able to find the shortcut)

Majin Boo

Anyone got tips for the
Darklurker
bossfight? I don't stand a chance as soon as he
splits into two. And it doesn't help that I have to offer a human effigy every time...

phierce

hahahaha...it makes me feel like a great parent listening to my stepson RAGE as he's trying to make his way through Shrine of Amana.

On another note...(item question) does the
Ladder Minuature
have any use?

The Lamp

I'm getting spoiled left and right because I want to help people, but people don't label their spoilers and it's just fucking not worth helping people anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom