• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seriously the absolute worst player in the game, by far. This is just sad. Nbody else in the world has died as many times on this boss as I have, not a single person.

Uh... items just respawned for me. That's not supposed to happen, right? Well in Majula spoilers:
used the ring to drop down their early, cleared out the area with the exploding zombies and got to blighttown 2.0 before bailing out of there. Went back later with the ladder npc, and all the items returned (except the Crystal Lizard)- got two ash knuckle rings now.

Yeah I had some items respawn for me as well. It seems like a bug. I got an extra soul vessel and estus shard out of it.

Am I seriously the worst player in Dark Soiuls 2? i can't beat the last giant. I've tried 8x, I am the worst.

Use the Small White Sign Soapstone and invite friendly phantoms to help you, if necessary. ;)

EDIT: Sorry, my bad. I was never sooo wrong ^^ I'm confused after a long day of playing DkS2. Using the White Sign won't invite any phantoms of course. Use Human Effigy from your inventory to regain Humanity and invite White Phantoms to help you with the boss

Thanks all. The problem I have with the lion enemies is that they gang up on me and I can't seem to draw them out one by one. And there's a shit-ton of them :(

There are 2 you trigger right away after you come out of the bonfire area, as soon as they aggro lock on and start back tracking, eventually they will start leashing back to their spawn point, but if you run up to them they should regain aggro. It's a matter of back and forth. You may have to upgrade your weapons or try another area if you're only hitting them for 100 or less.

Ghazi

Those
stupid long armed green monsters
in
No Man's Wharf
are bs: hitboxes hit behind them, they aren't scared of light.

So stupid.

Clevinger

so wait, to open up hidden passages you now hit A next to the wall instead of hitting it? Do I need to go back to all the suspect walls I swatted at and hit A instead?

There are multiple types of fake walls that require specific solutions including normal attack, pressing A/X, using fire barrels/firebombs, and those Pharos Lock things.

I did it. Yayifications! I'm the absolute worst dark souls 2 player. Did anyone else did that many times at that boss? Doubt anyone died more then 2x.

Filth

I never got the item to leave messages on the floor... I'm like halfway done with the game. Where do you find it??

The Lamp

HOLY FUCK MY CONTROLLER HIT THE FLOOR and pressed R2 and I sliced the shit out of the Emerald Herald. I hope she doesn't hate me forever or something... She was like "wait... What are you...??"

B-Dex

Is there another way to go in Huntsman's Copse other than Undead P? I feel like I'm missing something because I've exhausted all my other routes.

There are multiple types of fake walls that require specific solutions including normal attack, pressing A/X, using fire barrels/firebombs, and those Pharos Lock things.

Yup. Weird change.

I had the same realization. I went message after message about illusionary walls in earthern peaks or whatever, and thought they were all trolling because I'd attack everywhere and nothing.

Yeah I thought all the illusory walls were the Pharros kind. Turns you you press the interact button to open the other ones. I was wondering why so many illusory wall ahead messages were so highly rated. lol

Yep. Pretty lame.

Wow glad I read about that here when I'm only 10 hours in and not much later. Gonna go back and recheck all those walls now. Thanks

Should I upgrade my Traveling Merchant Coat (bought from Melentia) or is it the worst possible armor for a swordsman? (Killed the first two bosses and currently I'm at Heide's Tower of Flame but didn't try the bosses yet - so I'm not that far into the game yet)

Dresden

Should I upgrade my Traveling Merchant Coat (bought from Melentia) or is it the worst possible armor for a swordsman? (Killed the first two bosses and currently I'm at Heide's Tower of Flame but didn't try the bosses yet - so I'm not that far into the game yet)

Armor/defense doesn't seem to matter. Wear what looks cool and keep your weight below 30% for max speed.

Stoze

So are there other bosses besides in the Lost Bastille besides the Ruin Sentinels? I've explored everywhere, the only path I couldn't really go is the basement needing pharros lockstone to open up secret walls.

Hyoukokun

Have you been to the Wharf yet? Continue on the path after the 3rd boss you listed if you haven't.

That did the trick. I felt like I was maybe a bit over-leveled for the Wharf - didn't die once. I thought the
monsters that fled from light
were a cool touch, though.

Just beat
Old Sinner
. What do now?

Be a man. Buy the silver cat ring and jump down that big hole in the ground.

Edit:
Speaking of the
Lost Sinner
, I first I thought he was
Gwyn
. I was almost certain,
then I read the description of the boss soul and it referred to the Lost Sinner as a her.

Hypron

Is there another way to go in Huntsman's Copse other than Undead P? I feel like I'm missing something because I've exhausted all my other routes.

Yeah there's a
large bridge that you can lower on the level above the bridge you took to go to the undead purgatory.

FluxWaveZ

I need advice, or I might be screwed (concerning boss at about a SL 74 game point):

I'm at Sinner's Rise and I can't defeat The Lost Sinner; I've lost about 30k souls to this guy. I'm a SL 74 mage with no health, but cool magic business if I get the opportunity to cast it. But he doesn't give me that opportunity and practically one-shots me upon entering the arena. Dodging this guy's attacks 100% of the time is extremely hard and Yearn doesn't do shit against bosses.

I'm also undead and out of effigies because of this boss, so I have no choice but to do it alone. I don't have anymore Smooth and Silky Stones to get anymore effigies from the trade, either, if that's how it works.

I'm afraid I've reached a wall I won't be able to climb over.

The pvp in this game just doesn't seem as tight as Dark Souls and Demons Souls. I haven't played just looking at some vids. Something about it looks wrong. Its weird that theres no back rolling for instance and right now everyone is just r1 spamming for stunlocks.

Dresden

I need advice, or I might be screwed (concerning boss at about a SL 74 game point):

I'm at Sinner's Rise and I can't defeat The Lost Sinner; I've lost about 30k souls to this guy. I'm a SL 74 mage with no health, but cool magic business if I get the opportunity to cast it. But he doesn't give me that opportunity and practically one-shots me upon entering the arena. Dodging this guy's attacks 100% of the time is extremely hard and Yearn doesn't do shit against bosses.

I'm also undead and out of effigies because of this boss, so I have no choice but to do it alone. I don't have anymore Smooth and Silky Stones to get anymore effigies from the trade, either, if that's how it works.

Do you have a decent shield with 100% physical resist? With 16 strength you can wield the Drangleic shield, and that should let you tank those hits.

Armor is important for poise If you want to play that style

Have you done any pvp? Poise is not as important as it was in DkS. And for PVE, moving fast and rolling further > marginal decrease in damage taken.

Do you have a decent shield with 100% physical resist? With 16 strength you can wield the Drangleic shield, and that should let you tank those hits.

Have you done any pvp? Poise is not as important as it was in DkS. And for PVE, moving fast and rolling further > marginal decrease in damage taken.

Or just put down blue soap stone until human and summon.

Hypron

I'd recommend getting a heavy shield (like the one you can buy from that seller at Majula that has 95% physical defense) so that you don't need to avoid all his attacks anymore. Also wear that ring that slowly regenerates your health that you find at the beginning of the game (I don't remember exactly where I found it but it was really early on). This should make the fight a lot easier.

FluxWaveZ

I'd recommend getting a heavy shield (like the one you can buy from that seller at Majula that has 95% physical defense) so that you don't need to avoid all his attacks anymore. Also wear that ring that slowly regenerates your health that you find at the beginning of the game (I don't remember exactly where I found it but it was really early on). This should make the fight a lot easier.

I do have the ring on, at least, but it doesn't matter much when he literally one-shots my guy depending on the kind of attack the boss lands.

I really need a shield for this? Man, I never wanted to put any points into STR and grinding for that's gonna take forever. What a pain.

mellow

I'm a disgrace to fashion souls, i'm rockin' the vengarl set since it's the best thing for it's weight i've found by far and it seems like everyone else I co-op with are using it too

i need to find something snazzy that's also decent stat wise and not too heavy

and regarding the earthen peak boss

wow, i did co-op there a bunch of times for some soul farming since it's a relatively easy fight..or at least it was for me when I had drained the poison, a good majority of people hadn't though and the fight is damn near impossible even with three people, I don't think I cleared it at all in those conditions

SharkJAW

I'm a disgrace to fashion souls, i'm rockin' the vengarl set since it's the best thing for it's weight i've found by far and it seems like everyone else I co-op with are using it too

i need to find something snazzy that's also decent stat wise and not too heavy

and regarding the earthen peak boss

wow, i did co-op there a bunch of times for some soul farming since it's a relatively easy fight..or at least it was for me when I had drained the poison, a good majority of people hadn't though and the fight is damn near impossible in those conditions even with three people, I don't think I cleared it at all in that situation
I use the Aurous set and it's done okay. Not anywhere near the defense of Vengarl's, but the Aurous chestpiece increases your equip load, and the set is lightweight enough to allow for good mobility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom