• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scher

Okay, From, I know you think you can force me to fight everything in the room by changing the way invincibility works when passing through a fog door and then placing two guards in front of the door, but I'm not doing that. It's not fun to clear everything out everytime, and I'm going to find a way to avoid fighting.

theytookourjobz

Okay, From, I know you think you can force me to fight everything in the room by changing the way invincibility works when passing through a fog door works and then placing two guards in front of the door, but I'm not doing that. It's not fun to clear everything out everytime, and I'm going to find a way to avoid fighting.

I know which one you're talking about too lol. There's an NPC summon on the left if you're human.

Maybesew

Had another good session this morning. Took down
jabba the hut and the headless medusa.

I currently have two dual wielding sets. Double falchion for a more pure dex and bleed. And then the fire long sword + heindel knight sword are my straight sword combination. The combo of fire and lightning gives a nice elemental dmg source when that is advantageous.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Placing red signs down on bridge at first bonfire in iron keep all day if anyone wants to pvp. PSN is makinamimari, SL100~

RyudBoy

Getting my ass handed to me, and I'm only about an hour in. Restarted a new character several times now, but I can't seem to get anything going. Had a similar experience with Demon's Souls. It took a very long time to get into it, although that shouldn't be the case here. I had a much easier time getting started in Dark Souls.

Oh well, time to die some more.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So what is up with these torches?

It seems like if I double hand a weapon or pull my shield out instead it just goes away. Is that right?

Hyoukokun

Where should I go next? So far I've tackled:

Last Giant
Dragonslayer
Dragonrider
Pursuer
Ruin Sentinels
Belfry Gargoyles

I seem to have hit dead ends in all directions, which surprises me - can't remember the last time that happened in a Souls game. The only places I can think of offhand are
the big hole in Majula and the ruins with the entrance blocked by a petrified statue
. Is there somewhere or something obvious that I'm forgetting to try?

bidguy

Banned
boss:
gargoyle fight was intense. i kept all boss souls but when can i finally forge some weapons out of then ? in at last bastion btw

FluxWaveZ

Dammit, as a magic user I can't take down the
Sinner's Rise boss who weilds that big sword in the darkness.
Even with a torch, the lock-on gets messed up. Haven't had any success even with
Lucatiel assisting me
and now I'm out of effigies.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Anyone know where to get large titanite shard from?
The blacksmith in Lost Bastille sells 'em unlimited after you give him the ember.

There's a very nice ring that easily missed, you have to hug one of the walls and go up a hill to get to it.
What is that foggy area exactly? Is it
the poison pits in Harvest Valley?
Or somewhere else?

You have to use the
pharros' stones to fill the small pool with water. Hop in the water to get wet and survive the lava.
How long does the effect last? I thought of that, even tried it, but got still burnt to a crisp.

Hixx

Where should I go next? So far I've tackled:

Last Giant
Dragonslayer
Dragonrider
Pursuer
Ruin Sentinels
Belfry Gargoyles

I seem to have hit dead ends in all directions, which surprises me - can't remember the last time that happened in a Souls game. The only places I can think of offhand are
the big hole in Majula and the ruins with the entrance blocked by a petrified statue
. Is there somewhere or something obvious that I'm forgetting to try?

Have you been to the Wharf yet? Continue on the path after the 3rd boss you listed if you haven't.

ultron87

(Covenant question)
So for RatBros and BellBros do you have to be in the area with the ring on to get summoned or can you go wherever?

(Covenant question)
So for RatBros and BellBros do you have to be in the area with the ring on to get summoned or can you go wherever?

I think rats need to be in the area since you're summoning other people to your world.

Bell can be anywhere as long as you have the ring

What's the thoughts on mages? Still like Dark Souls or easier like Demon Sous? Is it still better to be sword and shield?

I'm watching videos on Gamespot & guy is spamming Soul Arrows on every single boss & tough enemy like the game is Demon Souls.

Looks like easy mode, I thought they nerfed the magic even further in this game?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm getting spoiled left and right because I want to help people, but people don't label their spoilers and it's just fucking not worth helping people anymore.

Yeah, very annoying.

So (Bell covenant, maybe late game spoilers?)
now I'm mostly invading in a different place, with some sort of sunset lighting. I haven't even reached this place yet. Didn't know there were two bells to protect! Very cool. That area is much nicer-looking too.

FluxWaveZ

I'm watching videos on Gamespot & guy is spamming Soul Arrows on every single boss & tough enemy like the game is Demon Souls.

Looks like easy mode, I thought they nerfed the magic even further in this game?

Seeing how I'm literally dying within seconds against the boss I'm facing currently and how it was the same with the previous boss I had to face until I summoned two partners, I'm inclined to say it's not that easy.

I'm SL 63, playing as a Sorcerer. From what I've heard, magic has been nerfed. So far it haven't noticed, but I hear tell that later on magic isn't as viable as it was in the older games.

NIN90

Is there a vendor that sells Titanite shards? Or an enemy (apart from Crystal Lizards) that drop them?

I already exhausted Leningrast.

phierce

Need a little help with a boss
Medusa! How do you get the floor to raise so that most of the poison is gone?
Right outside her room is a ledge you can walk on and use a torch to set the shaft of the windmill on fire. That will do away with the poison

ironcreed

Banned
Man, to hell with these
Gargoyles.
Two were no problem before, but this is a clusterfuck. I even summoned a guy and we both got dusted.

There's a cleric's chime around Majula, it's off a hidden ledge to the right of when you first come out of the beginning area and into Majula proper. Look along the cliff.

There's also a binocular, which lets you aim spells.

WHAT? A Bincular that lets you aim spells?!? Man, I gotta get that immediatlely. Any other magic users have this item yet?

ironcreed

Banned
I'm not wasting all of my effigies on these
6 Gargoyles
just so I can summon. I'll come back after I level up and get some better gear.

FluxWaveZ

WHAT? A Bincular that lets you aim spells?!? Man, I gotta get that immediatlely. Any other magic users have this item yet?

SL 74 mage here and I have it. Got it really early in the game, but don't recall where.

Trying it out for the first time now; it's nifty, but not something I can see using much of the time and there's no reticle for precision shots.

GrimmUK

Banned
This last stretch of the game is incredibly frustrating. It's just been straight corridors to the boss littered with a group of enemies.

I'm playing as a swordsman and after ~8 hrs I found out that there's something like a "Power Stance" to swing both weapons at the same time. Why did it take me so long to realize that? For the first 8 hours I was just using the normal stance which is a pain in the ass against strong opponents. Finally my swordsman doesn't seem to be so weak anymore... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom