• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guevara

Tons of folks want help cooping everything in Lost Bastille from the first bonfire to the boss. Kind of a fun run, but these hosts tend to be kind of bad.

Jobbs

Banned
What in the fuck at this Sinners' Rise enemy that is destroying me.

Are there any other areas I could go to? So far:
I've been to Forest of Fallen Giants, Heide's Tower of Flame, No-man's Wharf, and the Lost Bastille.

yeah there's another place you should do.
try going back down the tunnel that originally lead from majula to tower of flame, there'll now be that cleric chick there and she can move the path if you pay her and it leads to a new path.

Gorillaz

at huntsman corspe

I just summoned a dude, this dude, races off into the woods

this is all real time....I literally don't know where he is and what he's doing but the plan was the fight
chariot
boss

I assume some of these dudes realy don't play on there own and get help ALL the time or something because they trip up on smaller things and enemies

A couple of queries about Covenants, Gaf (and please refrain from spoilers!):

- I'm currently in the Way of the Blue, yet my cracked blue eye orbs are greyed out and unusable; granted, I haven't tested extensively in all areas, but I've attempted to invade in areas where I've been invaded before. And yep, I'm human.

- Being summoned as a Grey Spirit. What does this mean exactly?

Cheers!

skynidas

Banned

I've been to Forest of Fallen Giants, Heide's Tower of Flame, No-man's Wharf, and the Lost Bastille.

you can go down the well in majula. or go to hunstman copse, to get there just follow the path from majula to heide's tower of flame and you will find someone there that will help you

skynidas

Banned
I have limited amount of titanite shards. Should I use it on heide spear to upgrade it?

i wouldn't do it, that spear is not that great. but titanite shards are not rare and you can buy them infintely from a vendor later in the game. chunks are the ones that you should save up

How am I supposed to get past those three axe wielding guards in shaded ruins? Even with my 100 protection shield they still take half my health AND inflict curse.

Shinta

Banned

- I'm currently in the Way of the Blue, yet my cracked blue eye orbs are greyed out and unusable; granted, I haven't tested extensively in all areas, but I've attempted to invade in areas where I've been invaded before. And yep, I'm human.

Cheers!

You need to be in the Blue Sentinels to use those. Only they can.

Jobbs

Banned
anyone else already rolling multiple alts before even beating the game? so far, I have my original main, quality build, I have my faith character, and just now I rolled a character for dext build because I want to dual wield claws. I tried dual wielding claws on my quality char and the animations are great, you can finally properly be a wolverine. whether or not this is really good in practice, not sure, but it's a pure win on style.

d00d3n

The crazy thing about this game is that avoiding a lot of pain hinges on finding the cling ring. I have over 20 effigies just sitting here not being used as I murder bosses with no compelling reasons to restore my humanity yet, over half way through the game. It's not the best design.

I killed the Smelter Demon first attempt. The mace from the first blacksmith just wrecks shit.

Thanks for this tip. Was crawling forward with 50% health on the other main branch, and it was kind of getting hard. Just got the ring and it is awesome!

perorist

Unconfirmed Member

Cheers!
First one is a server glitch, log out and back in to your file and they should be usable again.

Grey is either you got pulled in by someone in the rat covenant or you invaded as a bellkeeper

The Lamp

Is it bad that I brought two friends with me to that fight and won on my first try, not because I was scared of the boss, but because I didn't want to have to wade through that freaky ass dungeon in Sinner's Rise one more time than was necessary? Lol

I've been looking for a DEX weapon of my liking for so long...

Still using upgraded Flame Longsword since I've not bothered to dump points in dexterity yet. Can anyone please spoil me a little if there's anything in vein of Balder Side Sword in this game?

Thanks.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The miracle lady from Heide's should be in the tunnel between Majula and Heide's. You can pay her 2k to get access to a new area.
Or drop down the pit in Majula.
yeah there's another place you should do.
try going back down the tunnel that originally lead from majula to tower of flame, there'll now be that cleric chick there and she can move the path if you pay her and it leads to a new path.
you can go down the well in majula. or go to hunstman copse, to get there just follow the path from majula to heide's tower of flame and you will find someone there that will help you

Thanks guys! I'll check it out, I've been finding a bunch of dead ends elsewhere.

You need to be in the Blue Sentinels to use those. Only they can.

Ah. Thanks, dude. So, just to clarify, Way of the Blue and Blue Sentinels are not one and the same?

Also, does being in the WotB only grant me the benefit of receiving help from Blue Sentinels + the ring that yields extra HP? And do I need to be wearing said ring to receive help?

First one is a server glitch, log out and back in to your file and they should be usable again.

Grey is either you got pulled in by someone in the rat covenant or you invaded as a bellkeeper

Awesome. Thanks for that.

Shinta

Banned
I feel like it's a lot more difficult to be a jack of all trades in this one, which is what I almost always play.

Your starting stats are so much lower in the bad areas, and now you need to build up an extra stat as well just to not have massive lag.

Before, I could have a decent dex character with light spell and miracle ability fairly early. Now I feel like I'll be level 50 before I even get that set up, and it probably won't even be viable by then.

Ah. Thanks, dude. So, just to clarify, Way of the Blue and Blue Sentinels are not one and the same?

Also, does being in the WotB only grant me the benefit of receiving help from Blue Sentinels + the ring that yields extra HP? And do I need to be wearing said ring to receive help?

As far as I know, you are correct. I received help once, and I was wearing the ring. I don't honestly know if it works without the ring.

Blue Sentinels is the other group where you wear a ring and get to invade people in WotB's games only if they are being invaded. And you show up to protect them. It's a cool idea, but apparently it's quite difficult to get summoned. In addition to that, you can use the blue orbs you mentioned, or challenge other Blue Sentinel members in PvP. To join the Sentinels you have to get the white soapstone and successfully help one person kill a boss in co-op as a prereq. Then talk to their leader.

There's other areas you can go to. Look around Majula.

I've been looking for a DEX weapon of my liking for so long...

Still using upgraded Flame Longsword since I've not bothered to dump points in dexterity yet. Can anyone please spoil me a little if there's anything in vein of Balder Side Sword in this game?

Thanks.
I'm just using upgraded falchion until I find katana in this game for dex weapon.

Jobbs

Banned
I'm just using upgraded falchion until I find katana in this game for dex weapon.

so far I've found two katanas:

1) bladesteel katana drop from the ninjas in iron fort, which you get to from the huntsman's corpse path

2) uchi can be bought from the blacksmith in bastille, but only after you get the ember from iron fort

might want to rush that path if you want to be a ninja asap. not easy but doable.

incidentally, I keep seeing a berskerker katana description in my loading screens. I want it.

so far I've found two katanas:

1) bladesteel katana drop from the ninjas in iron fort, which you get to from the huntsman's corpse path

2) uchi can be bought from the blacksmith in bastille, but only after you get the ember from iron fort

might want to rush that path if you want to be a ninja asap. not easy but doable.

incidentally, I keep seeing a berskerker katana description in my loading screens. I want it.
I don't know how to get to huntsman's cope.

Sotha_Sil

Smelter dude has gotten me twice. Summoned one helper each time who each promptly got owned in 20 seconds. Bleh.

I keep fumbling around with the controls switching weapons/spells, and it's costing me.

Fhtagn

(Area names only)
harvest valley/earthen peak/iron keep
is one hell of a sequence and intensely Soulsy. I'm still working through the third but I've gone from "oh god this is impossible" to consistently clearing out the area I have mastered and getting a little further each time. Possibly my favorite sequence yet.

I'm actually glad the enemies are starting to not respawn in this case, because the duration of each run is so long because the space is so huge, and because I have the first part down so well I could easily grind here for a long time instead of pushing forward or co-oping.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Why does my regular rapier seem to scale better than my ricards raper, when ricards has S in dex and regular has B with a d in strength? is dual scaling better, even if you have a really low stat for the second scaling?

Fhtagn

Wait so is it a onscreen prompt or just pressing A against a wall?

There are several kinds of secret doors, some opened by pushing the interact button (X on PS3) (King's Field/wolfenstein 3d style), some by blowing up with environmental hazards or by baiting heavy enemy attacks into destroying walls, and illusory walls that you break with your weapon after using a lock stone near by.

k4n3

Banned
this game seems like its never ending! im level 100 and still clearing stuff heheh.... i liked the flow of the world better in ds1 and also hate the pyro nerf in ds2 :(

I am about 90 percent to completing the game, heavy dex builds in this game are very underpowered compared to str, the good dex weapons are rare and further into the game. Meanwhile you find bucket loads of great str weapons throughout.

squadr0n

Anyone know of a good area to farm human effigy yet? im stuck in dead form and cant beat this
chariot
boss without help lol. lvl 84

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I cannot beat Nameless Sinner at all, even with two phantoms. Is there somewhere else I can go in the meantime, because I'm tired of this place.

PBY

Banned
Moment of truth y'all- can I break this game? Ie play badly/put points wrong/lose souls to the point that the game becomes unbeatable?

FluxWaveZ

I cannot beat Nameless Sinner at all, even with two phantoms. Is there somewhere else I can go in the meantime, because I'm tired of this place.

I see that people having trouble with him is more common than I had thought.

I was so glad to be finally done with him. Had to sacrifice a lot, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom