• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

IJoel

Having a hard time with sorcery and running out of spell charges. So far, I only have 2 spells, with 46 charges in total for them. Where can I get more spells? I have like 34k souls saved for spells, but it's becoming really difficult maintaining them.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I see that people having trouble with him is more common than I had thought.

I was so glad to be finally done with him. Had to sacrifice a lot, though.

The first time I fought him, I had one phantom, and we did pretty good, got him down to about a 3rd heath. I didn't think he was such a cheap asshole, Last two times he basically spammed me with blade attacks until my endurance disappeared, then killed me as I tried to heal.

He's a cheap asshole.

How do unstone the chick at the beginning of the tower or whatever. What item do I need?

FluxWaveZ

You beat it? What ended up working?

Me summoning two phantoms to assist me and running the hell away/strategically evading the boss at the very start of the battle and then staying somewhat behind, showering the boss with magic while the two combatants did their thing. I tried to do the same before, but bad luck (mummy explosion, two rapid swings at the start of the battle...) always stopped me.

Ran out of humanity so I had to buy one from the shopkeeper at
Cardinal Tower
. I fear that going forward, I might have to rely on partners to beat bosses just like I've had to in my two previous fights, but I'll see.

Edit: I did put 6 points into END, at least, but I can't get myself to put anything else into something that isn't INT or ATN. If that mindset comes back to bit me more often than not as the game goes on, well, at least I have the respeccing option now.

You can't finish this game as a sorcerer without help from online players. It's fucking impossible. Patch this asap FROM. So much bullshit.
At first (late game spoiler)
the smelter demon
and now
the old iron king

Ridiculous.

Ah, shit.

Fought the Belfry Gargoyles, lost, and respawned with my gender switched. WTF? Even after heading back to the magic coffin at the starting area of the game I can't switch back to my original gender.

Is this a bug or some other weird shit?

2AdEPT

You can't finish this game as a sorcerer without help from online players. It's fucking impossible. Patch this asap FROM. So much bullshit.
At first (late game spoiler)
the smelter demon
and now
the old iron king

Ridiculous.

I think you will need a more balanced character this time in DS2 as opposed to DS1 in using a mage. Sorcerer was broken last game and they did their best to balance the strength of characters....sounds like it is working so far. Make sure you have lots of adaptability and vitality to roll. You can get away with a lot in this game, i.e. no points in VIG, STR, DEX, ATT, INT, and/orFAI but the new SL 1 runs and speed runners will set a new bar for MINIMUM ADP and likely some VIT as well. If you don't roll/move fast the game will punish you...that's all there is to it really.

mellow

welp, guess i'm not completing lucatiel's questline on this character

ended up beating the smelter demon myself, i forgot adding summons makes them harder (right? certainly seemed that way) anyway, keeping her alive during that and the lost sinner is just insane, she's incredibly useless and gets wrecked, or falls off of the ledges on the way, lol.

2AdEPT

ended up beating the smelter demon myself, i forgot adding summons makes them harder (right? certainly seemed that way) anyway, keeping her alive during that and the lost sinner is just insane, she's incredibly useless and gets wrecked, or falls off of the ledges on the way, lol.

you can get her three out of four fights and her quest will still continue. One fight seems to be the hardest, although I cant recall from earlier posts what fight that is...hopefully the one you just did....not even close to knowing what any of the boss names are that far except for the sentinels.

Today's boss list:

Executioner's Chariot
Skeleton Lords
Covetous Demon

The
Chariot
was probably the toughest, if only because the skeletons didn't always let you do what you wanted to do even if you knew how to do it.
Covetous Demon
was probably the easiest battle so far - definitely ranks up there with Pinwheel and True King Allant as the easiest bosses in the series. Really fun to co-op that fight, though. Always amusing when
someone gets their gear eaten

And finally joined the Heirs of Sunlight! Does anyone know what the rewards for the covenant are, and how much it take to rank up?

You have to summon her to continue the questline? I've been solo'ing all the bosses so I guess I'll miss out too. I just met her at
Earthen Peak
. When will she just stop appearing?

dalVlatko

Where are you supposed to use the Brightstone key? I've looked everywhere and the one lock door I found still can't be opened. I hate this area so much.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I have a bug in
Doors of Pharros
where I can't aggro any enemies except for the
elephant man and one Grym soldier
(the two guys near the bonfire). I've already beaten it, but it is kind of funny that I can do a dance right in front of the enemies and they don't react at all. I can't target or even hit them. The sword just goes right through.

Also,
the Pursuer
just respawned in
Iron Keep
. Are you kidding me? He gave me a nice ring, though.

Where are you supposed to use the Brightstone key? I've looked everywhere and the one lock door I found still can't be opened. I hate this area so much.
The area before the boss in
Sinner's Keep
. Stupid key name, I know.

Scher

So I'm extremely curious about something I came across in
Aldia's Keep
. On the left side of the bottom floor, I noticed there was a lever, but there were also a bunch of messages saying to turn back. There was also one right in front of the lever that said "Don't you dare!". Considering the multitude of messages, I decided it was best not to test my luck. What is it that that lever does?

Dresden

And finally joined the Heirs of Sunlight! Does anyone know what the rewards for the covenant are, and how much it take to rank up?

10 medals per rank up:

sunlight parma (terrible shield)

sun sword (solaire's sword from dks1, with the original longsword moveset and good str/dex scaling

sunlight spear?

at rank 2 so far.

Bowler

Fought the Belfry Gargoyles, lost, and respawned with my gender switched. WTF? Even after heading back to the magic coffin at the starting area of the game I can't switch back to my original gender.

Is this a bug or some other weird shit?

Gotta be glitch. Mine switched fighting the first boss. Could be because I killed and pillaged the starting 3 fire keepers at the beginning of the game?

10 medals per rank up:

sunlight parma (terrible shield)

sun sword (solaire's sword from dks1, with the original longsword moveset and good str/dex scaling

sunlight spear?

at rank 2 so far.
I see. Would you happen to know if you can rank up in the Blue Sentinels, and if so what rewards you get for doing so?

2AdEPT

Snuck a peek at MAN vs. GAME twitch channel. If that guy keeps his viewership the way it is by my count he will make $20K this month and for any month he can keep that many subscribers just by "Manning-up!" and playing games like DS2.

I haven't seen a single sign to summon anyone so far and no matter how many times I try I can't put down my own sign with the white soapstone. I know I'm online... what am I missing?

FluxWaveZ

I haven't seen a single sign to summon anyone so far and no matter how many times I try I can't put down my own sign with the white soapstone. I know I'm online... what am I missing?

Are you human? It'd be weird that you couldn't put your sign down even if you were undead, though.

Edit: Ah, or it's a bug.

Edit 2: Dammit, invaded someone's world only to be kicked back to my world because they challenged the boss. Waste of a Cracked Red Eye Orb.

Jobbs

Banned
anyone else find "soul appease" to do absolutely nothing? I just tried using it to the skelly groups in the huntsmans copse boss and it does absolutely nothing. I've tried it other places and had no effect.

TraBuch

Banned
Do any merchants sell poison arrows in unlimited supply? Poison is unbelievably awesome in this game. Or shitty depending on your point of view.

I have a bug in
Doors of Pharros
where I can't aggro any enemies except for the
elephant man and one Grym soldier
(the two guys near the bonfire). I've already beaten it, but it is kind of funny that I can do a dance right in front of the enemies and they don't react at all. I can't target or even hit them. The sword just goes right through.

Also,
the Pursuer
just respawned in
Iron Keep
. Are you kidding me? He gave me a nice ring, though.

The area before the boss in
Sinner's Keep
. Stupid key name, I know.
Are you in the
rat covenant (cant think of the actual name right now)
?

Also, yeah i was surprised when he showed up there haha i was like what in the world is that in the middle of the room...OH SHIT. I completely wrecked him though, felt good after he did me in pretty bad at the beginning of the game haha.

Also, wtf. Anybody else having MAJOR problems with the boss of
Dragon Shrine
? Heck, with that whole area. I was destroying everything before this area, including the
Dragons in Dragon's Aerie
. Soon as I got here though, I can barely make it to the boss, and even when I do, that damn boss 1 shots me with a near impossible to dodge attack. Is there some sort of secret to defeating it?

I've even tried to help about 20 people complete the area, and have not succeeded once. I have gotten a ridiculous amount of souls for these runs with people though lol.

test_account

XP-39C²
Is it possible to be immune to poison in Dark Souls 2? It was possible in Dark Souls 1, if you had a special ring. Is it anything like that in Dark Souls 2? If yes, where do i get this item? Or what is the best way to not get poisoned while being in poison water/sludge?

I beat the
Ruin Sentinels
in Lost Bastille and supposedly there's
a bunch of illusory walls in the room. I even watched a Youtube video showing exactly where they are, but for me there's just nothing. I hit the wall and my weapon just reflects off it. Anyone know what the deal is?

All this time I've been using the power attack and not a regular attack? Are you fucking kidding me? I am fucking stupid. Can I change the controls, R1 sucks to attack )=

Grisby

Concerning that hidden bonfire in Lost Bastille. Should I
open any of these chests that are in with this dwarf dude
?

Bowler

Is it just me or is anyone else refreshing this thread every minute to see if peeps answer questions from other posters? I am awaiting like 15 different questions people have posted...

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Is it the one in the Forest
of Giants where you get ganked by two turtle things, a few hollows and an archer as soon as you walk out?

Because that was some proper bullshit right there.

Nope is the one on Sinner's Rise
where immediatly there is 3 crossbow guys ganking you

LordCanti

New meta: Prostration after defeating the host during
Bell
invasions.

Other new meta: Start with a big ridiculous weapon. Swing at air a couple times to lull them into a false sense of security. Switch to pyro flame: Firestorm.

Works every time.

I beat the
Ruin Sentinels
in Lost Bastille and supposedly there's
a bunch of illusory walls in the room. I even watched a Youtube video showing exactly where they are, but for me there's just nothing. I hit the wall and my weapon just reflects off it. Anyone know what the deal is?

With one or two exceptions, illusory walls are a button press now (which I didn't know going through either and I have no idea why From changed it). Some require you to use a Pharros Lockstone before they reveal themselves (not sure if you can hit that spot before using the stone and it'll work).

Booshka

Really bummed there isn't a reliable farm for Titanite and Large titanite shards, or at least early on in the game. Want to upgrade a ton of weapons to just +6 and mess around with them. I don't mind farming for upgrade materials, so it's a bit lame that I haven't found a way to do it and I am SL 85 already.

Rolling pure STR just about, Mace +5 and Large Club +4, both are wrecking shit, picked up the Great Club, but can't really upgrade it so it'll just sit there until I find a reliable upgrade farm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom