• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garcia

Hey guys, I have already vanquished
3 of the Great Four. Lost Sinner, Spider and Iron Keep Boss
. Right now I've found the
Drangelic Castle
but it seems I can't enter yet, I've entered the
Grave of Saints
buy only had 4 Pharros Lockstones with me. . . I need an extra 3 to place next to the rat statues and I can't enter the door that (I assume) leads to
The Gutter
because it's locked.

Any ideas of where should I be going now?

FluxWaveZ

Huh, I didn't know there were summon signs to summon black phantoms into your own world. Neat. Dealt with that guy and his giant, intimidating sword quite well.

Gorillaz

anybody have any luck with human effigy farming or an easy way to get them?

already got the merchant hat to up my chances but is there anyway out there to for sure get them

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Changes at 70% for me. 70 and over is fat roll, under 70 is fast roll

There are more roll types this time around, they are just much harder to see the difference in effectiveness/distance. I want to have the best possible gear I can have with the fastest possible roll, but I need to know my cut off% for equip load

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!

already got the merchant hat to up my chances but is there anyway out there to for sure get them

You can kill
the old ladies back in Things Betwixt, they will drop like 8 effigies in total, but you will lose the ability to respec

Garcia

There's an exploit that will effectively render any Human Effigy useless:
You have to get a Ring of Life Protection from No Man's Wharf; it protects you by keeping your humanity and souls intact upon death. You have go to Majula to get it fixed by the blacksmith everytime you die.

Other than that, I don't know where to farm Human Effigies.

mattp

ok guys, am i missing something here?
how the fuck do you switch the type of arrows youre using? lol
i've got both slots filled but i don't know how to switch to slot #2 and i feel like i'm going crazy

Alebelly

Those dogs you fight drop them, (sorry i just forgot the name of the place)on the way to the area with the 3 skinny/tall boss dudes, after the boat ride

TraBuch

Banned
Huh. That's odd. My bonfire travel locations have suddenly started showing locations marked "???", both bonfires I've missed in areas I've already been and areas I haven't gotten to yet.

Ghazi

In
Lost Bastille
there's a bonfire with a
stone statue
in front of it. How do I break it? Or leave it be for now?

LordCanti

Major props to anyone that resists the urge to heal during PVP.

Major fuck yous to anyone that disconnects their console from the internet when they are getting their ass kicked at PVP.

TheGrue

So I got the impression from the other thread that there was no darkness in this game. No Man's Wharf seems pretty dark. I had trouble seeing much further ahead of me. Maybe people have the brightness turned up? Torch really helped there.

In
Lost Bastille
there's a bonfire with a
stone statue
in front of it. How do I I break it? Or leave it be for now?

you can't break it,
it's a petrified person. a sorcerer, i think. you can free him with an item, fragrant something.

So it seems like soul memory is what's preventing me from co-op with a friend.
I like the idea of considering more than just level in matchmaking but the current system is too harsh. I think there should be two counters; souls spent and souls lost. With souls spent being the factor that affects summons and Pvp. Losing tens of thousands of souls always sucks but it's even worse if it prevents mp interaction. Lost souls in no way give you an advantage so they should not elevate your ranking online.

Gorillaz

You can kill
the old ladies back in Things Betwixt, they will drop like 8 effigies in total, but you will lose the ability to respec
Heard about this....but hoped it wouldn't come to that....might have to
There's an exploit that will effectively render any Human Effigy useless:
You have to get a Ring of Life Protection from No Man's Wharf; it protects you by keeping your humanity and souls intact upon death. You have go to Majula to get it fixed by the blacksmith everytime you die.

Other than that, I don't know where to farm Human Effigies.
yep just got the RIng,
Those dogs you fight drop them, (sorry i just forgot the name of the place)on the way to the area with the 3 skinny/tall boss dudes, after the boat ride

yea....let's just say that well ran dry

TraBuch

Banned
In
Lost Bastille
there's a bonfire with a
stone statue
in front of it. How do I break it? Or leave it be for now?

You get this item called a Fragrant Branch of Yore that lets you unpetrify people. You'll get one eventually just playing through the game.

is there a point to the
Belfry Sol
area other than items and getting invaded? and what's the point of ringing the bells, anyway? what does it do?

it's the area accessed by using a pharro's lockstone in
Iron Keep.

LordCanti

If anyone needs help with an SL120ish (NG) boss on the PS3, I'm available.

is there a point to the
Belfry Sol
area other than items and getting invaded? and what's the point of ringing the bells, anyway? what does it do?

it's the area accessed by using a pharro's lockstone in
Iron Keep.

I think that is the entire point. I did
both bells and nothing seems to have happened. They are just really great PVP spots (which is also the easiest way to farm Titanite Chunks).

Dresden

So it seems like soul memory is what's preventing me from co-op with a friend.
I like the idea of considering more than just level in matchmaking but the current system is too harsh. I think there should be two counters; souls spent and souls lost. With souls spent being the factor that affects summons and Pvp. Losing tens of thousands of souls always sucks but it's even worse if it prevents mp interaction. Lost souls in no way give you an advantage so they should not elevate your ranking online.

It'd be better if soul memory didn't exist at all. I like how FROM came close to a good online experience after the mistakes made with DkS1, but kneecapped themselves like this with a horrible decision.

So I just finished the game. Pretty awesome all around however I feel like some of the areas were filler/had filler sections. There are some really well done, beautiful areas in the game though. I think the combat, multiplayer, leveling, etc, all those systems have been improved on greatly. There are some issues with the game though such as the world not feeling connected, with the tradeoff being much more to explore.

Huge Spoilers regarding finishing the game:
So... uh. Who is this last boss I just killed? Death Lady? Vendrick was supposed to be the big bad, but he was corrupted, so of course something else would be behind it, but I figured that would be vague and he'd be the last boss somehow regardless. Fight was really easy compared to Gwynn. Her health went down fast.

I ventured into NG+ and oh WOW at the starting area. lol That was a nice surprise. I just hauled ass and got out of there instead of fighting. Have other areas been changed to include crazy enemies? Or is there something going on back there I should actually investigate?

Also does NG+ just raise the bonfire intensity to the next level for every bonfire and that's it? Are there any other changes?

All in all I'm very pleased with the game. Even if parts of it left me scratching my head, how one random area was considered a hub for certain parts of the game had me baffled for ages. There are so many different ways to play, builds to make. Much more content on that front. Awesome game overall but I don't know if it's better than the original or not, need more time with it.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Huge Spoilers regarding finishing the game:
So... uh. Who is this last boss I just killed? Death Lady? Vendrick was supposed to be the big bad, but he was corrupted, so of course something else would be behind it, but I figured that would be vague and he'd be the last boss somehow regardless. Fight was really easy compared to Gwynn. Her health went down fast.

That's
Nashandra the Queen of Drangleic. Not 100% sure but apparently she's actually a reincarnation of Manus, Father of the Abyss from Dark Souls 1. She used Vendrick to conquer Drangleic and usher a new Age of Dark.

I get around fine, I think people are exaggerating the importance of this stat. My other char has 20 in it and I can't tell a major difference.

yea who needs invincibility frames on their roll anyway

lol

It'd be better if soul memory didn't exist at all. I like how FROM came close to a good online experience after the mistakes made with DkS1, but kneecapped themselves like this with a horrible decision.

this game is the epitome of one step forward, two steps back

Dhuie

Neo Member
Its great to know that I can still get those heart pounding, forget to breath and swear at the tv moments.

Not many other games have me quiting out shutting down and walking away only to do a lap of the house and jump straight back into it.

God i love it.

That's
Nashandra the Queen of Drangleic. Not 100% sure but apparently she's actually a reincarnation of Manus, Father of the Abyss from Dark Souls 1. She used Vendrick to conquer Drangleic and usher a new Age of Dark.

Ah crap I must have skipped a line of dialogue, I knew that was supposed to be the case, well except for the
Manus
part. When I saw the
lady in the castle I thought that was her, and figured something else was going on
. Cool, thanks for clarifying that.

Jagxyz

Anyone use a bow? Would it be practical to play through the game as an archer?

Thinking about making one for messing around in pvp and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom