• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilkBeard

Yep, bell tower matching is fucked. Killed close to 10 invaders/defenders in the past hour and not one of them could take more than three hits from my sword. They weren't doing much damage, either. No way these guys are near my SL/SH.

It's possible that in Bell Tower if you are in the covenant you just invade randomly whoever walks in there. I did get invaded by some people in PvP that seemed like they were a lot stronger than me.

After a 45+ hour work week and waiting on shipments I can join DS2 GAF !!! :D

ds2_1p6u36.png

ds2_ce_2xcuu2.png

Bi2KrhMIQAA272m.jpg

theytookourjobz

Nope, feels like I've hit a complete roadblock, can't seem to progress anywhere :( Stuck on the following bosses:

- Smelter Demon in Iron Keep
- Gargoyles in Belfry Luna
- Royal Rat Authority in Doors of Pharros (by far what seems to be the hardest boss so far)
- Executioner's Chariot

I've died countless times on these bosses... Can anyone suggest some other path I might take instead?

Just keep at it. Authority had me for awhile but Executioner's Chariot is really easy once you "figure it out". Not sure if you want a hint but here's one:
you have to pull a lever at the end of the room that drops a gate that the chariot crashes into and then it's a very simple and easy fight. Also kill the two necromancers so they stop spawning skeletons.

So Estus Shards. As I have lost one to a bug (has to be a bug!), as they quite rare in the game? Would be nice to have 4 or 5 on the go. Stuck on 3 right now.

I wouldn't really worry about it. They aren't super uncommon and the fact that bonfires are so plentiful combined with the long ass animation from drinking one means having a ton of estus isn't really necessary anyway.

test_account

XP-39C²
Is it possible to be immune to poison in Dark Souls 2? It was possible in Dark Souls 1, if you had a special ring. Is it anything like that in Dark Souls 2? If yes, where do i get this item? Or what is the best way to not get poisoned while being in poison water/sludge?
Does anyone know? I cant beat
that scorpion boss because i die too fast of poisoning. Using poison moss also seems like a waste, because once used, it takes like 4-5 seconds before i'm poisoned again. Using Estus Flask is also useless for me because i get hit when i try to use it.

EDIT: I have the Poisonbite ring, but its pretty much useless against poison water/sludge it seems.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Lost count of how many times I died to [endgame]
Vendrick. I have 3 giant souls and would have to kill the dragon for a fourth (I ate the other soul :s). Still my bkh is not enough. One or 2 hits and I'm done.
. Fuck this fight, it's so annoying

Is it known what exactly carries over in NG+? I'm at the final fog gate and am wondering if there are items I should maybe still use before they disappear forever?

Holy shit! Killed The Pursuer in co-op, sweet! Then saw a birds nest and got whisked away somewhere! :D So awesome. Travelled back though as I want to go somewhere else first.

I'm starting to wonder if its possible for a non-ranged player to kill him solo without leaving him til much later. He's relentless, and the chunks of stamina and speed he attacks at makes it too hard for me to avoid damage, then the amount of time it takes to heal is too long for me to avoid dying soon afterward. On my own, best I've done is to take down about a tenth of his health :(

that scorpion boss because i die too fast of poisoning. Using poison moss also seems like a waste, because once used, it takes like 4-5 seconds before i'm poisoned again. Using Estus Flask is also useless for me because i get hit when i try to use it.

EDIT: I have the Poisonbite ring, but its pretty much useless against poison water/sludge it seems.

What you should do is
teleport to one of the bonfires in earthen keep and light the watermill on fire. This drains the poison from the boss fight.

theytookourjobz

Poison is pretty OP. In that fight specifically
you have to do something to drain the poison from the boss fight before you get there. If you want me to tell you let me know.

I'm starting to wonder if its possible for a non-ranged player to kill him solo without leaving him til much later. He's relentless, and the chunks of stamina and speed he attacks at makes it too hard for me to avoid damage, then the amount of time it takes to heal is too long for me to avoid dying soon afterward. On my own, best I've done is to take down about a tenth of his health :(

Yeah I tried a few times Solo and got nowhere. I am a STR build with just a Short Sword at the moment. Need a Claymore but not found it yet!

theytookourjobz

Lost count of how many times I died to [endgame]
Vendrick. I have 3 giant souls and would have to kill the dragon for a fourth (I ate the other soul :s). Still my bkh is not enough. One or 2 hits and I'm done.
. Fuck this fight, it's so annoying

Lol, yeah. I tried to fight him before I had any souls and I was doing 6 dmg per swing.

Dresden

So adaptability isn't that good.

Conclusion

Going from base adaptability to 99 gives you 2 I frames.(DWGR would give you about 7 more frames than fast roll) The thing people should be worried about is equipment burden and getting a farther faster roll. I honestly do not know the sweet spot for equipment burden/poise/distance yet. But its only a matter of time. From what I can tell agility does not determine how fast you move its all determined by equipment burden.

IMO adaptability is the new resistance stat. Sure you get some poise but so does armor and rings.

e: not that it's conclusive or anything, but yeah, time to respec all the adp points into int for my hexer without feeling guilty~

Frodo

Okay. I'm not following the thread (or following anything about DS2, for that matter, apart from the #downgrade and still only barely), since I want to experience the game without knowing too much about it, just as I experienced the original Dark Souls. Also, I still haven't bought the game (broke until next pay check). But I've read that PS3 is facing some online matchmaking problems, is that true? Is anyone here experiencing that?

PS3 is the only version of the game I'm able to play right now, and if is indeed happening I wouldn't mind delaying the purchase a little bit longer until it gets patched up. Would give me time to organise my finances better, and clear some of my backlog. Could anyone, please, clarify this without spoiling the game too much? :p

Thanks!

ViviOggi

It's definitely possible. I killed him right after
The Last Giant
, failed a bunch of times solo, then decided to burn an Effigy and summoned two guys - one of them immediately
impaled me with the ballista so I said fuck it, went back in alone and beat him in one go. There's no point in even trying to block due to the stamina burn, but dodging his attacks is actually not that hard. He only has about four patterns which are slow and decently telegraphed. Never try to get in more than three hits, two if you want to play it safe, and only after he used one of his slower attacks. If you need to heal do it after dodging his three hit attack while he's still swinging.

Apparently you can also parry his attacks but I didn't try that.

Mana Sin

I've had some lag and I've only been invaded once. Aside from that, it's been working pretty well for me. ... Well, minus some failures to connect when being summoned, but I blame my internet/router for that.

Footos22

I have 6 estus at +3 now. Games too easy. Just got to
earthen peak
and beat the first boss there. Literally 7 hits. Let down :(

OK, so I must be going mad. I swear the chest in the mansion held a Estus Flask, but maybe it didn't?! I went further down and saw a Skeleton, and there was a corpse there with a Shard. THAT one did let me upgrade, I guess the other thing wasn't one, but I am sure it was.. Anyway there you go.

I also saw a Soul Vessel down there, no idea what it does yet :)

Ferrio

Banned
Note that this is just i frames. What about how quick you recover after being stunlocked, how quick you can raise your shield and run speed increase.

Nevertheless if your looking for fast rolling, low equip load is what you should be looking at not high ADP and so VIT is more important.

You didn't read it then. Shield raise is the same all the way to 99 adapt. As for being stunlocked, ADP seems to do nothing for it in pvp.

Clevinger

I'm about the enter
No Man's Wharf
, how many Estus flasks am I supposed to have by now?

Hard to say because of how unlinear the game is. What other areas have you finished?

For me, I had 5 when I got there. But it seems like I did that area later than a lot of people.

In the giants area where the floor has some fire areas.... I finally got in that area... And there is a locked door down there... Anybody know how to open it?

Stoze

I killed him solo with a un-upgraded estoc. In general my strategy was to circle around him with my shield if my stamina was full, wait till he attacks, dodge, and then hit him once or twice, wait for stamina to refill and repeat. That's how it is with all the bosses though, so here's the more spoilery strats I used:

Dodge to the right when he charges at you, he'll clip you if you go left. When he does his 3-4 attack combos, dodge backwards twice to avoid the first few, and then shield to take the brunt of the last attack because it's hard to dodge.

Lastly, if you can position him correctly after he does his combo attacks, shoot him with the ballistas hanging in the back. If you miss or they break it's still worth a shot, because they do ridiculous damage to him.

Anyone think it's possible to get a +10 weapon right after Ruin Sentinels? You can get a Titanite Slab in the Forest, chunks from bell defending, and three large shards at the Bastille blacksmith. Surely three more large shards can be obtained by that point?

Just a thought.

SJRB

Gold Member
Hard to say because of how unlinear the game is. What other areas have you finished?

For me, I had 5 when I got there. But it seems like I did that area later than a lot of people.

I fully explored/did
The Forest, Heide's Tower and Cathedral of Blue
. I could swear I picked up like 3 shards in the process, but when I talk to the Emerald Herald it says I have no shards.

I still only have two Estus flasks, it's getting pretty silly.

Corpekata

Banned
I fully explored/did
The Forest, Heide's Tower and Cathedral of Blue
. I could swear I picked up like 3 shards in the process, but when I talk to the Emerald Herald it says I have no shards.

I still only have two Estus flasks, it's getting pretty silly.

Yeah you should have at least 4 flasks by this point I think.

Raxus

So do I have to stay in the Belfry if I am already in the covenant? I am wearing the ring but so far I have been asked to defend nothing.

SoCoRoBo

Anyone think it's possible to get a +10 weapon right after Ruin Sentinels? You can get a Titanite Slab in the Forest, chunks from bell defending, and three large shards at the Bastille blacksmith. Surely three more large shards can be obtained by that point?

Just a thought.

I haven't been able to find more than 5 Large Titanite shards and I just reached Iron Keep. My +5 Falchion is reeeealy starting to lag behind.

iuuk

holy shit, I've built up adp to 30. I guess it's a good thing I have 2 soul vessels. going to respec.
Don't you notice that the speed of drinking Estus flasks has improved? The difference I noticed between even 6 and 10 was night and day, I really needed that little extra speed. I've got it at 15 now and I think I'm going to leave it there.

MilkBeard

Don't you notice that the speed of drinking Estus flasks has improved? The difference I noticed between even 6 and 10 was night and day, I really needed that little extra speed. I've got it at 15 now and I think I'm going to leave it there.

Yeah, I stopped at 19. I'm cool with it at this point though because item usage speed is higher. The flask usage speed might not be important for PvP but it is helpful in PvE.

Prototype

ya, for sure, I'll leave some points in it, but there's no reason for me to have it at 30 lol. I'm thinking 10-15 is fine.

Prototype

Just respec'd and cut my adp in half, to 15. and changed a few other things.

Estus drinking is not that much slower. but 10 extra points into Vit sure is nice.

theytookourjobz

Soooo,
anyway to fight Vendrick? He's just walking around and I do 0 damage.

You have to have souls of giants in your inventory to lower his defenses. You are doing damage now though so keep hitting him for a long ass time and he will aggro. You've got no chance of killing him until you can lower his defense though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom