• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clevinger

I've seen other people in here get this bug, and now I have it too. It's where someone tries to summon you and it says "Summoning canceled. Unable to join multiplayer" and then you can't put your summon sign down again in that session. And then you reload the game and as you get summoned it says the same thing and you can't put your sign down again. Rinse and repeat. So co-op (and maybe invasions too?) is completely broken.

Feels bad man. Hope it's not permanent. Has anyone gotten this bug and had it go away? If so, how long did it take?

Now it says "Failed to create summon sign" when I try to put my sign down. Someone else is experiencing it here and it doesn't sound hopeful. If co-op/invasions for this character is broken, then fuck this game. I'm going to be too pissed to try a new character for a long time.

void666

Banned
Abot the rat covenant:

So i set all the traps and enemies in the room. I just stand up there waving "i won't bite" right before the bonfire. I'm feeling like a stage boss.

Guevara

This weird thing in No Man's Wharf:

On the pier by the sorcerer guy: there's a wheel or something? Note says to attack but nothing happens.

halfbeast

Banned
I'm loving this game although I'm just 3 bosses in. I love the fact that there is always a lot of shit to do. I'm also digging the world in this game. It's different enough from the first game to keep things fresh. The boat in No-mans wharf was awesome for example.

I also find this game harder than Dark Souls. Even though I know the first game fairly well and I'm on the endgame on NG+ in DS I still find this really challenging. Also now I'm terrfied as fuck to lose my souls since the amount is limited.

So I don't have Xbox Gold and I'm playing this game offline. Is the game still doable without it or is the online mode necessary? I'm reading people farming souls and materials online and i don't have that chance at the moment.

you can't farm materials in somebody else's world. but you can farm for souls quite easily by helping out. depends on how well you can handle the craziness, it's not that big a deal. if not, well...
we're here for you, if you need a hug. :(

Now it says "Failed to create summon sign" when I try to put my sign down. Someone else is experiencing it here and it doesn't sound hopeful. If co-op/invasions for this character is broken, then fuck this game. I'm going to be too pissed to try a new character for a long time.

every time i tried to summon somebody yesterday for about 30 minutes i'd get "failed to summon: the sign has disappeared". it eventually started working again without any real action on my part. maybe they're still ironing out some server stuff.

also, has anyone else noticed there are certain locations you can't leave messages? strange.

This weird thing in No Man's Wharf:

On the pier by the sorcerer guy: there's a wheel or something? Note says to attack but nothing happens.
pretty sure it doesn't do anything. the guide doesn't say anything about it either.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Wow Shrine of Amana is evil.

I like it.

Make a covenant DLC on Shrine of Amana that works like the Rat Covenant.
KuGsj.gif

halfbeast

Banned
also, has anyone else noticed there are certain locations you can't leave messages? strange.

huh, where? I know I couldn't in the tutorial part, probably because it encourages you to go explore yourself (found a ring there after multiple hours of gameplay).

when things go crazy online-wise, I usually quit/reload. it helped in demon's, it apparently helps here too.

Guevara

Fuck it, decided to actually upgrade my gear instead of just hording stones.

In this game each level of armor upgrade seems to make a big difference. Elite Knight Armor +3 is much better (on paper anyway). I hope this wasn't a mistake.

Styles

Ugh, the Twinblade is rather disappointing. I hope I come across a few more weapons of the same type, cause right now the damage output I'm getting out of it is abysmal. It still looks cool though!

AngryMoth

Just rage quit for the first time. Got killed by the last enemy before the fog fall in (late game)
shrine of amana
. Am I missing a bonfire between the second one and there? Seems like an insanely long run if this is going to be a boss.

Just rage quit for the first time. Got killed by the last enemy before the fog fall in (late game)
shrine of amana
. Am I missing a bonfire between the second one? Seems like an insanely long run if this is going to be a boss.
Is it the bonfire in a cave with the bugs? That's the last one there

Dreaver

Just beat the first boss
The Last Giant
. How do I find the next area? :/ I have no idea where eto go, I know
The stone golem sword boss
is available but optimal, I'd rather skip it for now. Where/how can I find the next area?

Ristlager

Anyone killed any NPC for their armor and weapons yet? And figured out which of them who is safe to kill without missing an item or a part of the story?

theytookourjobz

Fuck it, decided to actually upgrade my gear instead of just hording stones.

In this game each level of armor upgrade seems to make a big difference. Elite Knight Armor +3 is much better (on paper anyway). I hope this wasn't a mistake.

The only really rare and non farmable/purchasable is titanite slabs. I wouldn't worry about burning the others.

Yay, just killed the
gargolyes
boss in one try at the bell tower place. Was pretty hard, but doable as long as you have a 100% block shield and keep moving at all times. I am a sorcerer/caster, so it was easier for me to keep my distance and pelt them with soul arrows from far away, then keep moving again.

Question:

Is there a snow section in this game? I loved the painting world of Dark Souls 1 - it was so pretty, and I'm a big fan of those types of areas.

Alucrid

Banned
Late game spoiler regarding traveling...

My travel list now shows five ??? locations. Is that because I got an item at Drangelic? Just beat the two dragon guys there.

So which boss should i tackle first?

The three skeleton bros, old dragon slayer, the ghost ship boss, and the persuer

And how far am i?

In terms of difficulty, I'd rank them (and this may well be dependent on my specific build and (lack of) skill):
Old Dragonslayer = Pursuer < Flexible Sentry << Guardian trio
. You're not very far in, I'd say.

EDIT: I should clarify that those difficulties are assuming you're fighting them at the same soul level.

Has anyone managed to light all the torches in Things Betwixt? I think I have, but nothing happened. I thought something might...

I did light them all. Nothing happened. Went to speak with
the old firekeepers and one of them game me a human effigy (edit: or a laddle, lol)
. I don't know if that happens regardless of the torches.

mellow

so I want to use a bonfire aesthetic to revive a boss so I can complete Lucatiel's questline and get the trophy

can anyone tell me how exactly these work? does it lock all doors in that area and disable bonfires and essentially reset it all? or does it just strictly revive the enemies into a NG+ state?

Gorillaz

I know I keep saying this but it really bugs me the way they screwed up humanity drops and leveling for Coop/PvP.

I really don't know what From was thinking

Yaoibot

So are white soapstones broken or what? I can't see other people's summons (do I have to be human, I believe?) and I can's summon anyone either. I am able to summon NPCs and I can still invade other people's worlds, so competitive multiplayer works. When I go to use a stone, I get a "summoning failed" message and my character just stands right back up. Am I missing something here?

I was reading suggestions on Gamefaqs and whatnot that its a save glitch and only a new character would fix it. I would rather NOT reroll my 30h character, if possible.

Suggestions?

HeelPower

does the soul vessel reset the bosses or does it simply allow you to reallocate points without changing anything in the game's world ?

Also I summoned an NPC and she fell to her death on a narrow ledge.Does she disappear from the game ?

Question about the (early spoilers)
crow's nest in the tutorial place. Does anything happen if I drop multiple stones at once? Do I get (a better chance at) rarer stuff?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Question about the (early spoilers)
crow's nest in the tutorial place. Does anything happen if I drop multiple stones at once? Do I get (a better chance at) rarer stuff?

They wont take multiple at once.

Scher

Wait, I am wrong. I only have 3 primordial bonfires.
Freya wasn't a primordial soul at all!

So, where do I find the fourth primordial bonfire? So far I have

Lost Sinner
Old Iron King
Soul of the Rotten

Where should I go now?

The great soul you need is on the floor in Freya's room. There's a corpse in the back of the room where you can retrieve the soul.

Mindlog

Bell Covenant. So dumb.
But the chunk....

Finally upgraded my Bastard Sword for reasons I still don't understand. Also significantly upgraded my Giant Club for bashing stuff resistant to swords. Found the Zwei... but my favorite backup seems to be Poison Broadsword. Alternating between Bastard/Poison Broadsword is serving me well in PvP. Thinking about dual wielding fast poison swords for a bit. Just need to find some small titanite shards.

With my upgraded equipment it's time settle the score with some old friends in that tower.

Is anyone finding themselves wandering from zone to zone a lot because of bonfire warping? Even when I'm making progress I'll frequently just zone out and do something different. Like a dog chasing squirrels.

Man,
Drangleic Castle and Shrine of Amana
are really frustrating areas.
I had enjoyed this week of exploring, grinding, dying, and triumphing, but this seems to be a really annoying segment of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom