• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icomp

Ugh,
Ruin Sentinels
is kicking my ass..

What is the easiest route go for me now?
I've killed Last Giant, Old Dragonslayer, Dragonrider, Flexile Sentry and The Pursuer. I've just entered Huntsman's Copse, should I continue or get back trying the sentinels again and again or go for Sinner's guy?

Has anyone managed to light all the torches in Things Betwixt? I think I have, but nothing happened. I thought something might...

Lighting all the torches isn't a requirement - its killing the two trolls. Go back and talk to Milibeth an she'll give you a powerful weapon
(and by powerful weapon, I mean a laddle)

Pooya

super early game location/enemy drop item

I could use some effigies and I hear
killing those old fire keeper ladies in the hut and their maid results in good numbers of them

though is there any unwanted 'side effects' for doing this?

I was overhyped for this game. I was so hyped that as soon as the tutorial board booted up, I was disappointed. I guess I'd kind of gotten used to AC IV in 1080p, and man, it looked like butt.

And then the Forest of the Fallen Giants. It felt so easy. After dying a million times in Demon's Souls first world (but then again, I was a Souls newb back then), and really struggling in parts of the Undead Burg, FotFG seemed like a cakewalk. Heide's Tower. Pancakes. I was really starting to worry.

But it was when I started getting a sense of how big this game is, how many areas there are to explore, how many secrets there are to find, how it seems like every time I get summoned I find something new, and wow, I finally felt like I was playing a Souls game again. I was wearing that stupid Drangelic armor for so long, and so was everyone else, that I thought I would puke. But now I'm rocking crazy-looking Gyrm armor with a huge Gyrm shield, and I feel like Sandor Clegane.

Invisible Enemies? Hell yea! Giants with sorcerers on top that can 1-shot me like I'm not the tank that ends all tanks? Awesome. Yes, if you summon a lot, the game is a easier . . . but not easy. It's still devilish and brilliant, and it's everything I want from a Souls game. Someone earlier said that From has created the 3 best games of all-time. I'd be hard-pressed to argue . . .

Astral

killing those old fire keeper ladies in the hut and their maid results in good numbers of them

You won't be able to
re-distribute your level up points using an item called the Soul Vessel

Chavelo

So, I think I got fucked over.

I was able to get
a branch to unfreeze the Pyro woman
that's on the way to get the switch by Majula. I talked to her, gave her some clothes, and then used the switch. Of course,
Dark Souls drop 4 cave dudes and surprise me outta nowhere. I get killed, but the woman
was on the way, too. I see her fall down as the same time I did. Did she die? What can I do now?

I assume you will no longer be able to (new mechanic spoilers)
redistribute your skill points

Grinchy

Banned
Question about the (early spoilers)
crow's nest in the tutorial place. Does anything happen if I drop multiple stones at once? Do I get (a better chance at) rarer stuff?

You don't want to drop multiples, but you can drop one at a time a bunch of times so you can avoid going through the discussion for each one separately.

2AdEPT

That's it, break time. I'll deal with this
Rat Vanguard
bullshit later. All of the baddass ancient knights and monsters I have vanquished and yet here I am getting my ass handed to me by a pack of
rats.
Only in Dark Souls.

HAHHAHAHAH! I hear your pain man...I just took a break to calm down after this battle...I had 20+ life gems going in...now down to 11....but that fucker is dead! My first go I bet I spent 20 minutes dancing around killing rats here and there but just watching more come, and come, and come. Once you figure out what is going on you will face palm. You got it next go for sure man. Was happy to have the Aurous armour and fast roll, but that was the first time the heide sword let me down big time, had to switch to fire longsword...a spear would be ideal here...the longer the better!

halfbeast

Banned
So, I think I got fucked over.

I was able to get
a branch to unfreeze the Pyro woman
that's on the way to get the switch by Majula. I talked to her, gave her some clothes, and then used the switch. Of course,
Dark Souls drop 4 cave dudes and surprise me outta nowhere. I get killed, but the woman
was on the way, too. I see her fall down as the same time I did. Did she die? What can I do now?

I was afraid of that!
luckily, mine just watched me die not giving a fuck.

if she's not in Majula, she probably died.

AnnTiPa

Just finished the game. 34 hours over the weekend. Haven't played this much in a long time. Such a brilliant game and it just kept on throwing new content at you for the whole duration of the game. Missed quite a bit of stuff, some even intentionally so that there's more things to discover when the PC version is released.

Next time will be easier I guess. For example, I will not fight
Mytha, the Baneful Queen
in a puddle of poison. "I wonder what this thing will do.
Oh, that drained the poison from the boss...
which I just killed after an hour of trying and failing." I think it really tells you something of the game when I thought it was just by design that during the boss fight your
health is dropping at an alarming rate and you need to have lifegems active all the time just to counter the poison.
It was great to defeat it though. :)

halfbeast

Banned
Should I or Shoul I not pay the fcking cat for
the ring to jump into the well

if you want to save your precious souls for both solutions,
there's a cape that gives you cat powers, you can farm for it in the shaded ruins, one of those thundercats might drop it. but there's a chance you get enough souls farming for that item to buy 5 cat rings
. :)

Jobbs

Banned
Just finished the game. 34 hours over the weekend. Haven't played this much in a long time. Such a brilliant game and it just kept on throwing new content at you for the whole duration of the game. Missed quite a bit of stuff, some even intentionally so that there's more things to discover when the PC version is released.

Next time will be easier I guess. For example, I will not fight
Mytha, the Baneful Queen
in a puddle of poison. "I wonder what this thing will do.
Oh, that drained the poison from the boss...
which I just killed after an hour of trying and failing." I think it really tells you something of the game when I thought it was just by design that during the boss fight your
health is dropping at an alarming rate and you need to have lifegems active all the time just to counter the poison.
It was great to defeat it though. :)

You killed Mytha in the poison pool without help and without draining the pool and it only took an hour?
monuments should be made in your honor.

I really don't like how sometimes I have to press the button seven times before my character finally drinks Estus.
Feels like every aspect about player movement has been made slower, which isn't really my favourite aspect of the game.

ironcreed

Banned
HAHHAHAHAH! I hear your pain man...I just took a break to calm down after this battle...I had 20+ life gems going in...now down to 11....but that fucker is dead! My first go I bet I spent 20 minutes dancing around killing rats here and there but just watching more come, and come, and come. Once you figure out what is going on you will face palm. You got it next go for sure man. Was happy to have the Aurous armour and fast roll, but that was the first time the heide sword let me down big time, had to switch to fire longsword...a spear would be ideal here...the longer the better!

I'm getting ready to hop back in and will hopefully get past it in short order. I forgot about all of the Alluring Skulls I had and am going to give that a whirl with my Ultra Greatsword. Fucking rats.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
There are some super high highs in the game's OST but everything else is absolutely lackluster and boring. The OST lacks personality, variety, and pardon the usage of the word but it also lacks soul that the predecessor had. Man... This game is a massive disappointment coming from Dark Souls I.

Farooq

Banned

Edit: Already explained in the posts above.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Dat feel of yoloing it up with souls from a boss in your pockets before killing yourself by walking into an environmental trap...

Jaeger

Still very early in my journey.

I only beat
The Last Giant, and the Pursuer
w/ Phantom Help.

Any general advice on where I should head to next?

I found another
resting white knight
in
the Lost Bastille. Should I kill this one? I killed the one in the Forest of the Fallen Giants, so I assume I already passed the point of no return, however bad I may feel for it.

todd360

I have soul of
sinner iron king and rotten
anyone know where I need to go next. I'm lost. I assume I need another great soul

AnnTiPa

You killed Mytha in the poison pool without help and without draining the pool and it only took an hour?
monuments should be made in your honor.

Somewhere between an hour and two. And yep, no help. Wanted to finish this the first time completely without help. So many lifegems lost. All weapon damage buffs gone. All Divine Blessings gone. I used a heavy build with a shield and half the time all I could do was get a new lifegem active between blocking with no time to hit the boss.

Ristlager

I'll try again:
Anyone killed any NPC for their armor and weapons yet? And figured out which of them who is safe to kill without missing an item or a part of the story?

Filth

Can someone direct me please. I've got the kings ring but haven't fought freya or the chariot. Did I miss them or is it coming up?

Chake

Banned
I feel like am doing something wrong here. My character is the most generic warrior build ever (Health/Stamina/Strength) but most people are choosing a spellcaster for some reason. Am i missing something? is it most easier? Fun? Should i respec?

Eusis

Seems like those are mostly PvP consideration. I'm very happy with my estus speed at 20 ADP. At first it felt worse than dark souls and adp seemed to help that a lot, hard to imagine it's just a placebo stat :p
I wonder at what point it makes the biggest difference. I should probably still respect since I raised that to 30, but keeping it at 20 seems acceptable. Just reinvest those points in Vit or explore magic rather than being pure melee.

Actually I should see if there's some rundowns on how good/bad each stat even is. And it seems you have to hit between 30-40 to get the most out of STR or DEX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom