• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
Hmm is this shorter than Dark Souls? I spent 80 hours in my first glorious play through.

for whatever else it is or isn't, Dark 2 is much larger than Dark 1 speaking in terms of numbers of enemies and bosses and vastness of geography.

after you kill the last giant, you get a soldier key. from the old lady merchant bonfire: *this is from memory so I may be wrong* go down the ladder, while facing the pit below turn left and go for the door, turn right and see a locked door.

Thanks so much! Trying it now!

T.O.P

Banned
What's the name of this set and how can i get it? the one from the beta i think

Dark_souls_2_concept1.jpg

mellow

I've been doing co-op for the
dragonrider duo
in the castle for the last hour

really handy if you're trying to max out
sunbro
covenant

I'm being summoned 30-60 seconds and that fight usually ends in under a minute every time

ironcreed

Banned
Ah, okay.
Dashing through means death. Just slow walk it and destroy the statues from the side, along with those tentacle guys that pop out.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
I finally got the weapon that was the whole reason I started as a Sorcerer. The
Moonlight Greatsword.

It can be buffed. That is ridonkadonk.

Eusis

I HATE the place where you find the Faraam Set.
the prior Sentry bosses as respawnable enemies with line of sight aggro, with doors that stay open once they're given souls. And they're still a bitch to take out, so if you don't open it from back to front it's going to be a pain in the ass if you don't do it all in one go.

mellow

it's actually a really solid set stat wise too, which is good, easily a top 3 set fashion wise for me, at least from what I've found so far. I like to look good first and foremost when I'm kicking ass.

the prior Sentry bosses as respawnable enemies with line of sight aggro, with doors that stay open once they're given souls. And they're still a bitch to take out, so if you don't open it from back to front it's going to be a pain in the ass if you don't do it all in one go.

Oh yeah, you really have to earn it, lol.

Opto

Banned
I can't beat the sentinels. Tried summoning, being summoned, single, nothing works.

Any advice?

use resins, make sure to have to have two summoned phantoms. Take out the first while you're still on the platform, then drop down. Hopefully one of your phantoms should distract the one while you work on the other.

Alucrid

Banned

lol,
somehow i opened the right one by accident, got the armor, then proceeded to run around not knowing where to go until i looked up that the doors open with souls.

Sylas

What's the name of this set and how can i get it? the one from the beta i think

It's called
The Faraam set and it's gotten inside of Drangleic Castle. It's beneath a floor you can fall through in the room with doors that are unlocked when enemies die near them.
Good luck! It was one of my favorite sets in the game.

Geez, beaten like crazy. Anyway! Just finished the game. Moving onto NG+. I really didn't like my dex build all that much until I upgraded a Blacksteel Katana all the way. That's when my damage really got reasonable. Thinking of how many builds I wanna try out in this game is pretty staggering. Interested in a STR/Pyromancy build, a Sunbro build (Miracles and tanky), and a pure mage build for Hexes and Sorceries. Excited to play the game again!

I haven't been lagstabbed a single time and I'm using a slow ass curved greatsword. My PS3 is connected via ethernet so maybe that's reducing lag?

Hmm maybe that's it. I swapped my PS3 to wifi since my PS4 is using up my last port. The lag has been awful for me. I haven't killed the boss cause I wanted to just have some PvP fun but if it's like this then no thanks.

mellow

I finally got the weapon that was the whole reason I started as a Sorcerer. The
Moonlight Greatsword.

It can be buffed. That is ridonkadonk.

same moveset as in dark souls? I never used it since I never bother with INT, but I loved the moveset..having PVP'd against it all the time

I may have screwed myself irrecoverably by choosing the explorer and the useless stat of adaptability, but even so I feel this game is kinda disappointing. Exploration gets cut off before it even starts, and then it's time to do bosses or grind the first level to get more souls. Frustration or boredom, what a choice!

I went the deprived class but I have put about 5 points into adaptability and I find it a very useful stat. You can do your run speed up so even when equipment load percentage is high you can stay mobile, only thing that seems to be affected will be the roll and how much stamina you lose. Also the poise stat in adaptability gives it another bonus. All in all I love the new stat and seeing lots of other improvements in the whole game design just like Dark Souls did over Demon's Souls.

Ghazi

I nearly had a heart attack because of that
scorpion lady
boss, I didn't see her at first and when she jumped my heart just started crying

Brohan

So does Soul memory keep track of used or obtained souls? Because it would suck if it tracks obtained for those who have lost large amounts a souls.

Oh dear god, I just got chameleon and it makes
Bell Keeper
-ing so much more fun. I CAN'T STOP PLAYING THIS.

Also can I stop spoiler tagging that covenant yet?

But the game is about playing with others, but EVERY boss fight has been like this even on my other character further in the game. The hell is up with this. If there was a connection/lag difference sure. But theres no excuse for repeated encounters with people who just stand there.

I totally disagree with that. For some people, that might be what playing the Souls games is all about, but not for me. In fact, I go out of my way to avoid playing with others most of the time. I love playing solo because it makes the world feel much more barren and I like the challenge of killing bosses solo personally. If I DO summon anyone, it's just a NPC. I trust them more than real people most of the time, lol. :p

----

Just beat the
Smelt Demon or whatever his name was.
Definitely one of the harder bosses so far for me - took a few tries. Fast rolls ftw.

Clevinger

getting summoned for co-op only for the host to fall off the bridge in Huntsman's Copse almost every time is fucking priceless

totally worth the time wasted

AngryMoth

So I ran into 2 enemies who appeared to be
dual wielding greatshields. I wonder if you can do that :O

Also, for all the talk of being able to be invaded while hollow I've only had one non-NPC invasion outside of the bell tower in 50 hours played.

chunk3rvd

So I just beat
Ruin Sentinels
thanks to the help of 2 jolly friends. Took a few tries and even helping others through it many times I only saw success one other time. So far I've beat the following as it seemed like a natural progression:
Last Giant
Pursuer
and
Ruin Sentinels
. Should I check out Heide's Tower before proceeding further into the Bastille? That last boss seemed pretty tough!

Also, the path I mentioned is all I've explored. Are there any merchants early into the new areas I have available? I have 45,000 souls and really don't want to spend it all on leveling up right now

Afrodium

Banned
When you pick up additional torches do they just add to your torch timer or do you have more to use once your timer runs out? The timer on the only torch I've ever used just ran out and now I can't light one at a bonfire. The thing is, I KNOW I've picked up more torches throughout the game. I'm at a boss that looks like a torch would greatly help too. Where can I get some more? I'm at
Sinner's Rise

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Black Gulch
...You have got to be kidding me? I'm dead as soon as I walk in that place from poison.

You can just run through it all. First time run to the secret bonfire after the worms, once you're there you can run to the fog gate without getting hit if you just stay far from the right wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom