• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.beers

Beat all the bosses in
forest of giants, Heide and now I am to the triples in the Bastille.
How far am I from the end game? Early-mid game, mid game?

this game is gigantic. im at 45 hours and i have own lit 2 primal bonfires. I feel like im passing so much stuff up to that i will need to go back to.

fedexpeon

Banned
Bullshit, running through there is a death sentence. You get blocked by the worms and the guys that pop out of the pools gang up on you.

No point in running at all, even if it is for progress.
Kill everything until extinction in there for amazing items.
Those worm drops poison stone, and the Tar Claw drops Titanite Chunk.
If you break the poison jar, they don't spawn when you rest at bonfire unless you die.
So free to farm as much as you want with 1 clear of that zone.

Fhtagn

Bullshit, running through there is a death sentence. You get blocked by the worms and the guys that pop out of the pools gang up on you.

oh and an important point: the statues don't reset if you don't die, so you can farm items from the monsters there with not too much hassle if you're cautious. and there's at least one
drop down hidden path from the edge
, I left a message there if you're on ps3.

Ghazi

I literally sprinted through that area 4-5 times, and removed my poison at the boss door and went it. It's easily doable.

2AdEPT

What's the deal with the Armor of Aurous? How do you make it visible? It looks awesome and I'm thinking of upgrading it, but not if it's gonna stay transparent forever.

The guide shows two versions (had to sneak a peek) and althoug I didnt look them up there are a few ways to get all of it...., my guess is that you will reach a certain stage and it will transform, or the more boring version is that there is a separate set...yes the non-see through set is stronger. Mine isnt coming off the entire playthrough is my guess....dat equip burden bonus plus low weight!!!!!!!!!!

zma1013

So why won't the blacksmith repair any of my stuff? I select the repair option and it says I have nothing to repair. Bullshit, my bow is nearly broken.

Oh wow. I'm really over leveled. just fought
looking glass knight, killed him in about 20 seconds. One swing from my hammer is about 850 dmg.

I totally disagree with that. For some people, that might be what playing the Souls games is all about, but not for me. In fact, I go out of my way to avoid playing with others most of the time. I love playing solo because it makes the world feel much more barren and I like the challenge of killing bosses solo personally. If I DO summon anyone, it's just a NPC. I trust them more than real people most of the time, lol. :p

I agree. I like to go through the game on single player even though another good friend of mine is also playing and is around the same level/progress we both prefer to just solo and share our experiences. Also the game is way too easy with 2 good players. I do stay in human form for the whole game however because I like being invaded.... it adds that extra level of panic/challenge. Also NPC's invade as well and don't want to miss out on any of those encounters.

I did summon an NPC even thuogh I didn't need the help
in Dead Man's Cove
and they ended up being so good that I felt real guilty when we ganked the boss for that area. The boss seemed very hard for a solo player as well. Damn, wish there was a way to redo that solo without starting the whole game all over again. Oh well...looks like that challenge will have to wait for new game +.

vilmer_

My launch console started doing that sort of thing before it died a few years ago. ):

I went out and bought one of those super slims. Will be transferring the HDD tomorrow. It shall live! Ridiculous it doesn't come with a bracket though, this one won't fit at all.

Holy shit, does anyone else think that this is the hardest souls game?

Late game spoiler:
Drangelic Castle
is fucking brutal. I beat the first boss though but....wow.

The one above the tower where you get the Dull Ember.
You have to dip yourself into the water from the Pharros pool, and run as fast as you can into the lava with the chest below the fog gate.

yeah I have no idea where that is

I found some other pharros door and now im in belfrey sol

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The
Crumbled Ruins
, oh how I hate thee.
Homing missiles and water and archdrake knights
. This section is bullshit.

AngryMoth

This game has both the easiest and hardest boss fights in the series. Going through a fog gate I never know if I'm going to beat them in one or be stuck for hours.

d00d3n

The invasion rate must be incredibly low when you are a hollow without any penalties for sinfulness. I have played for 20 hours including large stretches of farming/despawning enemies on the way to bosses, and I have been invaded exactly zero times. Right now I am in
the last bastille
, about to tackle the first boss. Has anyone else completely avoided invasions this many hours into the game?

Dresden

I just pumped it up along the default path and have been using it to smash bosses in co-op with it by casting Crystal Magic Weapon on it with a Lingering Dragoncrest Ring on. Some of the Infuse options make its stats go kinda weird, so I've been avoiding really messing with it when I can smashy-smash peeps for 750 or so damage per swing.

That damage makes me pretty jelly - 50faith/+10 Lightning Heide's Knight Sword is giving me about 250~300 damage per swing, less if they're resistant to either slashing or lightning (and there have been a few of those). After going through some ng+ mobs with bonfire ascetic, I'm going to need a better weapon soon.

Hoping that the Dark upgrades help out here.

Shrine of ammana as melee makes me want to kill myself

You need a bow. :(

The invasion rate must be incredibly low when you are a hollow without any penalties for sinfulness. I have played for 20 hours including large stretches of farming/despawning enemies on the way to bosses, and I have been invaded exactly zero times. Right now I am in
the last bastille
, about to tackle the first boss. Has anyone else completely avoided invasions this many hours into the game?

Yeah I think it's because of the lack of cracked red eye orbs. I've found 12 in 60 hours.

Bowler

Any tips for the sentinels in bastille? First boss fight giving me issues, not to mention just getting there can be a pain.

Dual wielding melee character.

Jobbs

Banned
Ugh, I just wasted 3 Pharros Stones, you know where.

after getting trolled by a pharros lock once, I pretty much am highly suspicious of any of them and think about it and look around at the surroundings and the signs before deciding if it's a good idea.

Raw64life

So as usual I'm starving for human effigies. I had helped someone beat a boss to regain humanity before but just helped someone defeat a boss and didn't regain humanity. Is it because I'm in the
sun covenant
?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom