• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, in this game breaking doesn't mean it goes away. You can repair them so it's basically infinite human without effigies if you're not bothered by warping back to repair after each death.

Holy crap. I need to start using this ASAP, as I'm running a bit low on effigies (wasted a lot early on).

mr.beers

I hate, hate, HATE the enemies in the Bastille that
fall towards you and explode
they either take half my health or break my guard and the other kills me.

Gorillaz

Pretty sure it's a loophole, but methods of going human is so limited that I'm not really bothered by people using it.

likewise, it's ridiculous how they made HE so hard to come by(naturally)

I assume this is their way of saying "well let this one thing slide, but it's up to you to remember to keep up the loophole"

PBY

Banned
Any other first timers find the dudes you fight under the first tree w the white knight in the giant forest really tough?

I just noticed that people leave perverted messages infront of the emerald herald.

Guide to Dark Souls NPCs:

1. Does the NPC have breasts?
2. Does the NPC look human?
3. If yes to 1 and 2, leave perverted messages.
4. If no to 1 or 2, leave "Wretch ahead" messages.

For those who already beat the game, what was your hardest boss fights? mine was:

1-
Darklurker
2-
Smelter Demon
3-
Velstadt the Royal Aegis
4-
Lost Sinner
5-
Nashandra

1. Ancient Dragon
4. Lost Sinner
5. Royal Rat Authority

I played through with a great club +10 mostly, and yes that does factor into what fights are hard or not.

the cat sells them, or some early merchant. but I think it's the cat.

I'll have to check that out. With a 4-5 skulls I think I can do the Vanguard with relative ease.
I picked Petrified Something as a starting gift and traded it with Snuggly and he dropped a goddamn demon great hammer!
I don't have the skills to wield it but it wrecks the rats in 2 hits regardless.

Stoze

The thing is, in this game breaking doesn't mean it goes away. You can repair them so it's basically infinite human without effigies if you're not bothered by warping back to repair after each death.

Guys

the ring breaks upon death
can be repaired back to new for 3000
you keep everything stat wise before the death
EVEN humanity

Idk if it's From giving us a breather or it's a loophole but I would just enjoy it for what it is now

Oh wow, I had no idea. Even souls? That's pretty crazy then.

Ferrio

Banned
So been helping people in earthen....
Teaching them to burn the windmill... some people get it right away, some people take a bit... some...are clueless

I hate, hate, HATE the enemies in the Bastille that
fall towards you and explode
they either take half my health or break my guard and the other kills me.
You can kill them mid jump which is very useful. Don't bother guarding just kill them as fast as you can and retreat if you get too many on you.

Toxi

Banned
Wow,
Nashandra's
kicking my ass. Didn't expect that.
Guide to Dark Souls NPCs:

1. Does the NPC have breasts?
2. Does the NPC look human?
3. If yes to 1 and 2, leave perverted messages.
4. If no to 1 or 2, leave "Wretch ahead" messages.
If lower body is reminiscent of an arachnid, leave and upvote the perverted messages.

So been helping people in earthen....
Teaching them to burn the windmill... some people get it right away, some people take a bit... some...are clueless
LOL I was getting irritated at first because I thought they were goofing around or something. Then I just copied what they did and it all became clear. I'd say I took a bit and took me off gaurd because I wasn't used to doing much in coop besides killing bosses.

2AdEPT

I was invading this guy. As soon as I attack him, he starts to bow. Feels bad..
At least you absolved our sins.........with us here. [Bows]
If it makes you feel better, I have likely got away with killing 20 people just co-oping Pursuer...doz ballistas! It wasnt on purpose, but if the host dies and you still shoot the pursuer dead you get ALL the souls! ;(

Thanks just picked it up. Although I'd still like to know why I'm not regaining humanity after helping someone defeat a boss. I ventured too far into the Iron Keep and got wrecked by the boss but I dropped 30K souls there and I want it back so I need to get human somehow without dying before I give it another shot.
yeah it appears to be variable, jut keep helping on bosses etc. and sooner or later you will get a winner.
Is it possible to summon an NPC and someone else at the same time?
yep

blackflag

This game is so much easier than the previous souls games so far. I'm pretty far I think,
doors of Pharos,
and there have been 2 difficult boss fights.
Sentries and the prisoner girl at the first primal bonfire
. Anyone else feeling this or have I just played too many souls games? Nothing here compares to the dark souls dlc in either quality or difficulty. I've never 1 or 2 shotted so many bosses...like the last 5 or 6 in a row and I don't feel I'm that good.

I basically just 2h, roll, and murder.

I did put 50 into Dex and 24 so far in adp so maybe that helps dish out the damage real quick? Using blacksteel katana +10.

It's not diminishing the game much for me though. I'm still having a blast. I just wish more of these fights were less dodge roll-->stab, And more of something else.

phierce

PSA for any interested, if you use those Bonfire Astetics, it carries over to NG+. I used them in a few zones for farming of souls and lizards and when I went to NG+ it showed as "3" while the ones I did not showed as "2". Those few zones I did use them act as NG++ now. So beware or enjoy according to your taste.
Good to know that. I was thinking about burning some. Hmmm...

Thank you, sir.

Ghazi

This game is so much easier than the previous souls games so far. I'm pretty far I think,
doors of Pharos,
and there have been 2 difficult boss fights.
Sentries and the prisoner girl at the first primal bonfire
. Anyone else feeling this or have I just played too many souls games? Nothing here compares to the dark souls dlc in either quality or difficulty. I've never 1 or 2 shotted so many bosses...like the last 5 or 6 in a row and I don't feel I'm that good.

I basically just 2h, roll, and murder.

I did put 50 into Dex and 24 so far in adp so maybe that helps dish out the damage real quick? Using blacksteel katana +10.

It's not diminishing the game much for me though. I'm still having a blast. I just wish more of these fights were less dodge roll-->stab, And more of something else.

Stealth brag? Stealth brag.

Also, where'd you get that katana?!?!

In PvP when you are facing someone with a shield, how can you take them out of block stance?

I believe a guard break does the trick, tap forward and light attack at the same time, or just waste out their endurance.

Stoze

I have 2 of these rings. I haven't been dead in 3 days. :D

Yeah I have two as well, I just tested it out. You keep your souls as well, so that means the only consequence for death is paying 3000 souls to repair.

Yeah that's broken as hell, haha.

Footos22

I believe a guard break does the trick, tap forward and light attack at the same time, or just waste out their endurance.

Allone knights drop em at iron keep. I just got one. Useless to me though Dragonslayer crescent axe for me. Just got my elite knight armour to +10. Take hits like a champ. Although alvalue armour and allone knight armour look badass so might up them as well. Can get infinite shards and large shards. Get chunks all the time cos of bellflower. And have about 7 slabs.

Apdiddy

Finally made it to The Lost Bastille. OH GOD THE BOSS BATTLE.

Quick question:

Once you talk to Lonesome Galvan, he's gone forever from No Man's Wharf, right? I wanted to clean him out, but I did get the Ring of Giants, poison moss, and one of the resins.

Grisby

So I read a few pages back that the cool (character spoiler)
masked knight lady
was in the upper Gutter. Any directions as to where?

Leunam

Question about Doors of Pharos:
I was running around and I got summoned as a grey spirit. The hell is up with that? I'm not in a covenant of any sort I don't think. What's weirder is that the creatures in the dudes world I invaded ignored him and attacked me. I'd like to know what the hell was going on there.

Donuts

Question for
Drangleic Castle

I passed the queen lady, cleared out the entire area. The only 2 things i ahve to do here is open a door and pull a lever. Yet the door is locked and the lever i can't seem to do anything with. Help?

blackflag

Nah not a stealth brag trust me, it took me like 50 tries to beat Manus in DS1.

Farm alonne knights in the beginning of iron keep. (A) dex rating.

x3r0123

hmm 11 bosses killed. I have a long road to go...
at least i got
lost sinner
. He was easy because he reminds me of artorias

Ghazi

I thought
Freja's
soul was an important one, it was beside a primal bonfire... wat?

Allone knights drop em at iron keep. I just got one. Useless to me though Dragonslayer crescent axe for me. Just got my elite knight armour to +10. Take hits like a champ. Although alvalue armour and allone knight armour look badass so might up them as well. Can get infinite shards and large shards. Get chunks all the time cos of bellflower. And have about 7 slabs.

Nah not a stealth brag trust me, it took me like 50 tries to beat Manus in DS1.

Farm alonne knights in the beginning of iron keep. (A) dex rating.

Ah ok, thanks. I was doing a strength build, already invested 81 levels into it, but I'll respec for that. I'd rather have something lighter, and with a better rating.

creyas

Question about Doors of Pharos:
I was running around and I got summoned as a grey spirit. The hell is up with that? I'm not in a covenant of any sort I don't think. What's weirder is that the creatures in the dudes world I invaded ignored him and attacked me. I'd like to know what the hell was going on there.

Rat King Covenant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom