• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

Great Resonant Soul is so good. Casts so fast you can chain it with basically no downtime, and with a +10 Dark Caitha's Chime, it hits for 1200 or so per hit. Only downside is its 500 soul cost per cast, but with the kind of enemies you reserve it for (bosses, invaders, phantoms, etc), it's not much of a penalty.

Filth

Pvp question. I went to Pharos for the first time yesterday and was summoned as a shade into someone else's world. I was confused. I had no pvp rings on and thought it was for help. Sucker starts attacking me from range. I had to off him but was confused that I got pulled into his world rather then him invading me

J-Rod

Earthen Peak boss is bullshit
I didnt even get to hit her, how in the hell they put a boss fight in a poison swamp? Im sure its easy as fuck but I get poisoned too quickly

You can drain the poison by
setting the windmill on fire with a torch near the second bonfire.

Raxus

I didnt even get to hit her, how in the hell they put a boss fight in a poison swamp? Im sure its easy as fuck but I get poisoned too quickly
If you do a special action it drains the pool and gets you access to an estus shard.

Filth

If the poison is killing you then
remove the poison :p

Lol look at that reply combo

RyanDG

Pvp question. I went to Pharos for the first time yesterday and was summoned as a shade into someone else's world. I was confused. I had no pvp rings on and thought it was for help. Sucker starts attacking me from range. I had to off him but was confused that I got pulled into his world rather then him invading me

Yep. That happens. Which is nice. Because when it does and you win, you get a pharos box out of it. I especially enjoyed the other day when the guy set up all the dastardly axe throwing obstacles and ended up getting killed by one of his own traps lol.

rybrad

You can get rid of it, I wasn't aware when I killed the boss so if you want to save some grief read the spoiler.

Burn the windmill by the bonfire and it drains the poison.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
What's hilarious about soul memory is that it makes the Blue Sentinels even more useless than they already are. Invasions should really take effect the later into the game you are but everyone is on so many different levels soul memory wise at that point that it becomes almost pointless. Hell, I'd join Blue Sentinels just for dueling if it didn't always take a Token of Fidelity. I should be able to duel for Cracked Blue Eye Orbs whenever I want, I mean how else am I to get 500 goddamn kills for the top rank?

Covenant-wise, they really dropped the ball. Either they don't really work at all like Blue Sentinels and Brotherhood of Blood, or they're ridiculously over the top like the Bell Keepers. Hell, the only ones that really work are the PvE ones.
I had a brief, but great time as a ratbro in the doors of pharos. Laughing maniacally as I activated every trap, used 5 bonfire ascetics, and used sliver talismans to hide myself as a torch sconce at a perch where I could watch people get slaughtered. Occasionally, I leapt down on them from above while they were looking around; plunging a flaming greatsword into their skull.

Arcayne

Concerning No Man Wharf and the pharros contraption there,
what does it unlock? I'm being freugal with my keystones heh.
. I've completed the level so I'm just curious.

RyanDG

Light. Lots and lots of light. Not a huge game changer unless you are having trouble with the long armed beasts.

Ferrio

Banned

Lights up a huge fire, so it scares away the spidery things...so don't bother

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Regarding equipment load, it looks as though over 70% means a slow roll, and under 50% means a longer roll. I'm not seeing anything about the benefits of being under 30%. Are there any?

Honestly I don't remember where I got the gloves. I have 2. One that is normal and another that is stronger when you are hallow. The spell is from the rat boss soul and you trade it to straid. The spell is like a much stronger version of poison.

The rat Vanguard or the other rat boss?
It's in wharf, in the ship right after the boss

Thanks. I think I might already have it and forgot about it.

johntown

Banned
What's hilarious about soul memory is that it makes the Blue Sentinels even more useless than they already are. Invasions should really take effect the later into the game you are but everyone is on so many different levels soul memory wise at that point that it becomes almost pointless. Hell, I'd join Blue Sentinels just for dueling if it didn't always take a Token of Fidelity. I should be able to duel for Cracked Blue Eye Orbs whenever I want, I mean how else am I to get 500 goddamn kills for the top rank?

Covenant-wise, they really dropped the ball. Either they don't really work at all like Blue Sentinels and Brotherhood of Blood, or they're ridiculously over the top like the Bell Keepers. Hell, the only ones that really work are the PvE ones.
Wait a minute? Brothers of Blood does not work? I thought that was like the Darkwraiths?

Just curious why it does not work?

Leunam

Damn, reading all this about BluesBros is bumming me out, that's the covenant I was going to join next time I jumped into the game.

Is there any reason throughout the game to light the sconces, aside from adding light to an area?

There's one area where it's definitely helpful.

rybrad

Does Galvan flit back to Majula like the other merchants? He's left zombie pirate town, but I don't see him back at base.
He seems to park in a different zone but he has been there every time I have gone back so I think he might stay there.

Zone is
Door of Pharros.

GulAtiCa

Dammit! Thanks all.

What a waste since I only have three heh. Stupid burn.

Don't worry, even though they are limited and you should be careful, they are still kinda plentyful. I have like 9 on my right now, and I'm still like 1/3rd through the game, if not less then that.

You will find
in a certain chest very early on. Location:
To the left, right before the boss in the Cathedral of Blue

Is there any reason throughout the game to light the sconces, aside from adding light to an area?

I think there is a trophy/achievement for lighting every one.

So on the ring side of things, what rings are everybody using? Personally if I'm not involved with covenant stuff I'm using:

Ring of Restoration
Cloranthy Ring
Ring of Blades
Ring of Binding

I also apparently got a really rare ring as an early drop (first ring I got actually) according to how it sells for nearly twice the amount of souls than any other ring I own.
Stone Ring that adds to breaking enemy poise.

AngryMoth

(Very late game)
I am getting destroyed by these mace guys in dragon shrine. They are relentless, it's like they have infinite endurance!

slayn

needs to show more effort.
So on the ring side of things, what rings are everybody using? Personally if I'm not involved with covenant stuff I'm using:

Ring of Restoration
Cloranthy Ring
Ring of Blades
Ring of Binding

I also apparently got a really rare ring as an early drop (first ring I got actually) according to how it sells for nearly twice the amount of souls than any other ring I own.
The ring you got as a drop is a guaranteed drop from
The very first hippo thing at the very beginning of the game.

Personally I use:
3rd ring of the dragon (Ring of Favor and Protection 2.0)
Ring of Blades +1
Chloranthy Ring +1
Soldier's Ring +1

Alucrid

Banned

Ring of Restoration
Cloranthy Ring
Ring of Blades
Ring of Binding

Blade
Bracing Knuckle +2
Chloranthy +1
Ring of Life Protection

Switch the last one with Second Dragon Ring for that sweet HP/Stam/Equip bonus if I'm in co-op

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom