• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

koryuken

Prepared to wait
R93NJil.png

Man, I'm so tempted to double dip on the PC,but I really don't want to deal with all the hackers and trainer programs...

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
From the Namco Community Manager on reddit
Hello everyone. Some players are playing through Dark Souls II right now. All coverage on early copies of the game (Video, Written, Audio, Pinterest posts etc.) is embargoed - until March 11th at 9:00 AM PST (Unless otherwise specified - Some press outlets might have some info/video going up earlier).
With that being said I am requesting that some streams be taken down that are popping up on Twitch. If you see any such streams feel free to shoot me an email Community AT Namco DOT com or Tweet @jkartje so I can respond.
Thanks! And I hope you all managed to not get spoiled too hard and have a wonderful launch day.

Man, I'm so tempted to double dip on the PC,but I really don't want to deal with all the hackers and trainer programs...

Put about 30 hours into the PC version of the first Dark Souls and almost half of my online interactions were with hackers. Get invaded by a guy with a giant head? That's funny, sure, whatever. Get invaded by invisible asshole who backstabs you with a weapon that simultaneously curses you and gives you egghead? No thanks. With DSfix installed it was purty as hell but the whole experience just reminded me why the fanbase sticks with PS3.

I still plan on double dipping down the line but I'm never able to shake the paranoia of whether I'm about to encounter a hacker or not.

Mupod

I wonder how many of the people watching streams right now have bitched at Drake Sword-using newbies for being 'guide users' in the past.

At any rate, goddamn all I really want is to know about stat requirements for spells and I haven't seen anything about that stuff posted. If they're really that hard to come by, maybe I won't invest any points in int/faith for the first half of the game.

Kazaam

Am I the last non-stream viewer left?

Same boat, but crazy tempting since my flatmate is watching the stream and I can hear him gasp/laugh/"oh snap". He does feed me spoiler free info, so that's a plus. I'm keeping my self busy with DaS 1 tonight, hoping time passes quickly and I can go to work where no stream can follow me

Sullichin

Put about 30 hours into the PC version of the first Dark Souls and almost half of my online interactions were with hackers. Get invaded by a guy with a giant head? That's funny, sure, whatever. Get invaded by invisible asshole who backstabs you with a weapon that simultaneously curses you and gives you egghead? No thanks. With DSfix installed it was purty as hell but the whole experience just reminded me why the fanbase sticks with PS3.

I still plan on double dipping down the line but I'm never able to shake the paranoia of whether I'm about to encounter a hacker or not.

Hopefully it will use VAC.

VoidZero

Banned
Put about 30 hours into the PC version of the first Dark Souls and almost half of my online interactions were with hackers. Get invaded by a guy with a giant head? That's funny, sure, whatever. Get invaded by invisible asshole who backstabs you with a weapon that simultaneously curses you and gives you egghead?
I'm reading these kinds of horror stories about the PC version alot lately. In the end I always thank
praise
the sun that I never saw any obvious hack in my play sessions.

neoemonk

Well this just got harder.

The Steam version digital extras and the lower price make me want to wait until April 25th. I was really planning on picking this up next week but now I'm not so sure.

I think it was over on CAG they were talking about how the hardcover Dark Souls guide is selling for upwards of $100 plus. The Hardcover for DS2 is onsale for $22 at Amazon for anyone that is interested.

I'm reading these kinds of horror stories about the PC version alot lately. In the end I always thank
praise
the sun that I never saw any obvious hack in my play sessions.

Yeah same, always read about these hackers, but never ran into any myself. Praise the sun!

tookhster

Not looking at the streams! Waited 2-3 years for this, and I can survive one more weekend.

And Spring Break starts on Tuesday as well, so I'll be in Dark Souls 2 paradise for pretty much the whole week.

Timu

Welp, I'm getting the PC version so I have to wait, though the other games will help with the long wait until then.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Already forwarded all the streams linked or mentioned in this & the spoiler thread to the community manager on reddit. Feel free to continue to post 'em, I'd be happy to get more shut down as well.

Mutombo

I watched those funny summaries of the Dark Souls story but I still don't get what's going on.

I basically got: you're trapped in a sort of limbo and you need to get out.

No, scratch basically. That's what I got. All the demons and dragons and shit just got in between me and my getting out of limbo.

I might just try to pay more attention in DS2. But, for example, I found it pretty trivial to try and find the princess who came to FireLink Shrine, and didn't want nuthing to do with me. I mean, okay, well fuck you too then?

Manus

Already forwarded all the streams linked or mentioned in this & the spoiler thread to the community manager on reddit. Feel free to continue to post 'em, I'd be happy to get more shut down as well.

Overreacting a bit much? You don't have to watch the streams or read this thread you know.

Foffy

Banned

What an internet vigilante. ;)

I don't really see the issue of it being shown early. You can always...not partake in looking or digging. Learn some self control if a fuckin' video game being spoiled might be a big deal to you. Avoid the streams and areas talking about it...simple pimple, yo.

But maybe I'm just being zen here.

Like the school kid who used to run to the teacher when others were being naughty, What a snake in the grass. Hisssssssssss

batbeg

Just finished up my first Dark Souls playthrough. Couple of bosses I couldn't beat (Kalameet, and Gwendolyn though I just couldn't be bothered to make the trip to the latter every time I died) but ultimately felt it was a pretty fulfilling experience. Honestly it's kind of difficult to not just stay a NG+ with it automatically throwing me into it...

ced

What a fucking asshole, if you have a problem with the streams don't watch them.

koryuken

This is what I was afraid of... I think I will double dip on the PS4.

I have not encountered any hackers in my 86hrs of playtime.

It sounds like you could be the minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom