• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I still get the Black Armor edition upgrade by pre-ordering?

I'll be heading to Gamestop today, will they still be taking pre-orders for the BA edition?
GS sold out all BA edition. Best buy still has BA on both platforms. No codes for armor and weapons though lol. Got mine for in-store pickup this 11th.

I think Wal-Mart and target can at times break the street date as the employees put the games on shelves in advance. Not my personal experience, but from other cag members.

jyoung188

Got the ps3 black armor edition preordered for day one, snagged the $20 collectors edition guide on amazon, and just got the $40 PC preorder on GMG.

I'm prepared to die.

GS sold out all BA edition. Best buy still has BA on both platforms. No codes for armor and weapons though lol. Got mine for in-store pickup this 11th.

I think Wal-Mart and target can at times break the street date as the employees put the games on shelves in advance. Not my personal experience, but from other cag members.

We don't. If they do, someones getting fired. We are told so many times, do not break street date on products. For games, we aren't even allowed to touch them, and the only ones who do stock them are the vendors. Maybe my store is just that anal, but, even if i wanted too I couldn't because they're locked in a security cage.

nero2082

Overall does it seem around as difficult as DS1?

definitely, it's more...complicated (many things to be aware of)

and judging from stream - guy is playing pretty well, yet still dying like a bitch a lot (and his summoned phantoms don't seem to help too much with bosses, they help to drag a fight bit longer haha)

Skipping Dark Souls 1? Here's the story for you.

Dark Souls - In Summary

Tis rather funny :)

Ohhhhhhh, so that's how Oscar died so unexpectedly. He got his ass punted through several brick walls, which probably broke every bone in his body. Then he just gave up... even though he couldn't actually die. I forgot, is your flask empty or filled when he gives it to you?

Funny that you don't hear the commotion during the tutorial.

How does that work? (The PSN version split)

Since PSN accounts can be activate on 2 different PS3s, essentially make a new PSN, one person adds $30 to wallet, other person adds Dark Souls 2 preorder to cart and puts in the other $30, starts download and logs off, next person starts download and can log back into their main PSN. It used to be better when they allowed for 5 share slots, but this is still a good way to split games day one with a buddy.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Jesus christ, this boss looks fucking ridiculous. This shit will make me break my monitor.

The design is pretty lame,
all 3 bosses look the same.
Come on FROM.

Mupod

I'm curious if the PS3 version allows you to do a full install. Obviously the 360 version would, but yeah I like to run my games off the hard drive if possible.

It might be a moot point though, I think I'm giving my order until tomorrow morning to ship before I cancel it and go with PSN.

I don't know what happened to future shop, they used to regularly send me games so early I'd get them the Friday before, or Monday at the latest. Now I've been getting them as late as the Thursday afterwards. Plus they were one of the first retailers in canada to start jacking up prices of new games.

nero2082

bosses nonspoilery description

1376766874188.jpg

Kazaam

I don't know if this was discussed already somewhere else, but are the horrific rumours about the starting with "999,999,999 souls" modded savegame for the xbox true?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
So I just read in another forum someone with the game complaining about screen tearing :/
It's definitely apparent from the streams over the last few days. They've all been playing the 360 version though, no idea how the PS3 version performs.

Gazoinks

So I guess April 25th is the final date for us PCers, right? That's later than I was hoping, I'll probably have to unsubscribe from this thread on the 11th till it's released so I can come in still mostly blind.

Kazaam

Yes I think they are true :/ lets hope they get banned

Jesus, not even the dark souls community can escape this kind of shit. Yeah, I really hope there are some measures taken against this. Otherwise the invasion element is gonna be pretty much stuck at "troll level" :(
I will never understand why people would do things like this.

Fhtagn

Well if soul history isn't bypassed by save editing then the cheaters with infinite souls will be locked in their own battles while the rest of us fight each other.

happypup

GS managers at times break street date for big games, but it's obviously for themselves and they won't announce that to the world. No way in hell a normal customer will get it unless they have connections.

but those small less known shops are usually the ones that will sell maybe 5-10 copies of a big game the weekend before it releases and possibly for 10 dollars more. You gotta know how to work it tho to get that done.

Military exchanges like the NEX, BX, and PX, are always breaking street date on games. If you have a military or dependent ID those are good places to check.

Do you get the preorder bonus weapons and shields if you preorder from NA PSN? It doesn't say anything about them. EU PSN does include them but I'm not paying 60€.

I already have an Amazon UK preorder of Black Armor Edition but it doesn't arrive until a week after release and I don't want to wait so long.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Oh shit, he's about to beat him!

This is so intense, only the Souls games can do this lol.

I thought The Black Armor edition was a free upgrade for all pre-orders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom