• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another chart for easier comparison between classes
US8cbpd.png
Do we know the starting soul levels too? I know the Deprived is SL1 iirc.

If it's anything like previous, you could start as any class and by the time you got to SL25-30 they basically all even out whichever way you distribute stats (i.e. start as a sorcerer, put points into STR/DEX, or start as a bandit and put points int INT/Attunement).

eot

Banned
This is a thread title I can get behind. We'll probably be on OT2 by the time the PC version hits though :|

Ferr986

For me it's the Warrior as I prefer Melee combat and he is the cover star!

The problem I found with Dark Souls is that you do need some magic capabilities to get past some areas such as Smough and Ornstein!

Nah, my first playthrough was with a DEX/STR character. 0 magic

Brohan

I want to make a Paladin but looking at the starting stats im not sure if i should start as a cleric or a knight..

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I want to go for a DEX build, and raise adaptability as well. That combination is looking pretty good right now. Swordsman or Bandit for starting class.
Really want to experiment with adaptability, may be an important stat to boost.

It's all good, but it's mainly the how to get it bit I'd warn people about, mate :)

I remember one of the youtubers spoiling that earlier, so I thought it was more commonly known. I see your point though, edited again :)

The sword itself seem like a good early weapon. I mostly posted it so people had the opportunity to plan out their early game leveling accordingly.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I remember one of the youtubers spoiling that earlier, so I thought it was more commonly known. I see your point though, edited again :)

Thank you, sir. Sorry, I didn't mean to come across dickish or anything, man :)

I want to go for a DEX build, and raise adaptability as well. That combination is looking pretty good right now. Swordsman or Bandit for starting class. Really want to experiment with adaptability, may be an important stat to boost.

This is my thinking too. They seem pretty much built for each other.

Sorral

Man... I am still on complete media blackout. Skipped just about everything in the OT ._. I haven't seen or watched anything since the first gameplay trailer that I didn't watch all the way through either. So....out of here until release or something.

I might do something similar to my first character as a Knight but under 50% weight although I actually really liked playing a full DEX build and under 25% weight on my last character. I will have to wait and see. Almost can't believe that it is so soon.

NEO0MJ

Oh man, I don't know if I can wait until the PC release, it's so tempting to pick this up at launch and join the others in the act of discovering things.

Thank you, sir. Sorry, I didn't mean to come across dickish or anything, man :)

No problem :) Having a "pure" experience is half the fun with this game, so I wouldn't want to spoil anything for someone who didn't agree to it.

Man... I am still on complete media blackout. Skipped just about everything in the OT ._. I haven't seen or watched anything since the first gameplay trailer that I didn't watch all the way through either. So....out of here until release or something.

I might do something similar to my first character as a Knight but under 50% weight although I actually really liked playing a full DEX build and under 25% weight on my last character. I will have to wait and see. Almost can't believe that it is so soon.

You are a stronger man than me, sir..

deeTyrant

Hype on another level right now.

Thinking of going; Vigor / Endurance / Vitality / Dex / Adaptability build on my first playthrough. So I'm leaning towards Bandit or Swordsman but part of me wants to go Deprived for that raw Dark Souls II experience. I can't decide though...

Sickbean

Hype on another level right now.

Thinking of going; Vigor / Endurance / Vitality / Dex / Adaptability build on my first playthrough. So I'm leaning towards Bandit or Swordsman but part of me wants to go Deprived for that raw Dark Souls II experience. I can't decide though...

Deprived is a second run class imho. Training for an SL1 run.

Mendrox

I am excited for the leaks... not because I want to spoil myself (I black out myself everytime I see bosses or enemies or areas) but rather because FROM will surely do the same thing with DS2 what they did with DS1.

Pirates/Leakers/Early Adopters shouldn't be online or else people from FROM will kick their asses with high leveled characters like in the past. I remember that FROM chased people for playing online early. :))))

Astra

Great OT!

This game might as well not exist for me without a PC release date. I'll have to pretend it doesn't, since there's no way I'm double dipping.

Shinjica

I am excited for the leaks... not because I want to spoil myself (I black out myself everytime I see bosses or enemies or areas) but rather because FROM will surely do the same thing with DS2 what they did with DS1.

Pirates/Leakers/Early Adopters shouldn't be online or else people from FROM will kick their asses with high leveled characters like in the past. I remember that FROM chased people for playing online early. :))))

Didnt know this. Now i need an early copy of the game so I can kick FROM developer in their game :)

Kusagari

Probably gonna have to go preorder at GameStop because Amazon mindblowingly doesn't have release date shipping for this.

Shinjica

The latest twitt from NamcoBandaiUK said that the PC edition will come out shortly after 14th March.

Now we need to understand what "shortly" mean.

deeTyrant

Deprived is a second run class imho. Training for an SL1 run.

There is something enticing about starting with no gear, and having no idea where to find any the first time through. Basically relying on whatever you manage to discover. Should make for a nice added challenge in the early-going too haha.

neoemonk

With various reports of broken street date, I'm sitting outside of my local Target waiting for it to open. Luckily it's about five minutes from my office so if they don't have it it's no big loss. Seven more minutes.

MilkBeard

With various reports of broken street date, I'm sitting outside of my local Target waiting for it to open. Luckily it's about five minutes from my office so if they don't have it it's no big loss. Seven more minutes.

I'd love to hear what happens. And perhaps people can try other stores too-- I'd love to get this early but I have it preordered from GameStop.

eot

Banned
There is something enticing about starting with no gear, and having no idea where to find any the first time through. Basically relying on whatever you manage to discover. Should make for a nice added challenge in the early-going too haha.

I always think it feels weird sitting in the asylum sell in DkS in full armor, it seems more appropriate to be deprived. Definitely going to go with that in DkS2 as well.

MilkBeard

I always think it feels weird sitting in the asylum sell in DkS in full armor, it seems more appropriate to be deprived. Definitely going to go with that in DkS2 as well.

True, that would be weird. I started my playthrough with Pyromancer and that did seem fitting for a starting outfit though.

I like starting with nothing because it makes everything you find that much more important and forces you to try out more things

semsei_

Neo Member
Does japan broken street date?
This should be the first new game release i buy here.
I usually only buy old game in tokyo (all the king's field, can't find the shadow towers)

DryvBy

Really wish this was a PS4 game too. Or I really wish I had a way to stream to my Twitch account on my PS3.

Ricker

Nice OT(for some reason,the OT comes out all wrong on Mobile Gaf,but looks great on the normal site)...

Thinking of waiting for the PC release as well...I have not beaten any of the Souls games but I give it my best shot and still have fun with them.

neoemonk

No broken street date at my local Target. I might try again after work because they are doing lots of restocking all over the store right now.

The sequel to one of the greatest games of all time is coming and it's only a week away. I still remember the elation I felt when this game was revealed back during the VGA's in 2012, and now the time is nearly upon us!

It's gon' be good, my friends. Real good.

Owensboro

Oh hell yes Dark Souls 2 thread! Was a part of both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls GAF, so I'm pumped to go through all that discovery again. Hell, I might be more excited about the thread then the actual game.

I'm intrigued by the Explorer class. I might start with that for DS II.

Ditto. Of course, what I'll probably do is roll one just to see what items they start with first. If nothing seems particularly interesting / goofy (Binoculars=must play) then I'll go back and roll a Swordsman, Warrior, or Knight. In the theme of my previous games, I think I'll probably have to go Swordsman, as he seems the closest to Thief (high Dex!).

The worst part of this release is that it's right before the SEC basketball Tournament, and I have tickets to all sessions. I want to do both damn it! Why couldn't it have been a week later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom