• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

Cool OP aside from it being image only (blah) which makes it look terrible on mobile. Oh well. Still deciding if I should wait till the PC vers or just double dip. With what I'm spending, probably should be the former.

I enjoyed being a thief in DS, might go Bandit for this one.

Pejo

So fucking pumped for this. Taking a vacation day on release to enjoy properly. Also, nice OT. Can't believe there's this many pages already, this is gonna be good.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if I'll find a weapon I'll enjoy using more than I did the Black Knight Halberd in DkS? If so then the game has already succeeded.

Such a good weapon. Been doing a run with it over the last couple of weeks and, fully upgraded with +40 STR, it absolutely slaughters everything (except Artorias... Hard bastard). I even managed to nail a few PvPers with it, which I hardly ever do.

11018065196_c9aebc6010_o.gif

Draper

I made the dumb mistake of giving my ps3 and games to my roommate to make room for the PS4. Deeply regretting it at this moment
:(

Can't fucking wait. Picking this up at the midnight release. Got dat week off work ready to play dark souls nonstop all week lol. Watch out fellow GAFers. I'm sure you will all see me at some point, most likely invading ;).

Edit: Unless of course you unplug your ethernet cable and play offline. Then shame on you.

MilkBeard

Such a good weapon. Been doing a run with it over the last couple of weeks and, fully upgraded with +40 STR, it absolutely slaughters everything (except Artorias... Hard bastard). I even managed to nail a few PvPers with it, which I hardly ever do.

I like the Great Scythe, personally. Once I got that weapon I always used it for the rest of the game except for rare situations where I needed a faster weapon.
scythe_by_alo81-d67v4qd.gif

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I like the Great Scythe, personally. Once I got that weapon I always used it for the rest of the game except for rare situations where I needed a faster weapon.

I have that as back up on my DEX build. That does some nifty damage and has a great moveset. It was a back up to this little number...

iaito_1h_r2.gif

What can I say, until the BKH I was an Iaito man. Finishing a Black Knight with dat R2? Priceless :)

Owensboro

I'm fighting the hardest battle of my life.

Please guys, tell me if they are good or not.

Good day! You look reasonably sane. What are you doing on GAF? Are you a cleric or something?

[Yes / No]

No? Really? Hrmm. Then I'd have no qualms telling you, there's a fine stash of treasure right down that link. I found it first, but... well, we're friends now, so I'll split it with you! In any case, have a look, it'll shimmer you blind! Heh heh heh...

Ferr986

I think these are the Famitsu scores

Dark Souls II (PS3) – 9/10/9/9 [37/40]
Dark Souls II (360) – 9/10/9/9 [37/40]

Gregorn

I'm going swordsman with max badass dual wielding edgy levels and top rolling skills.

Please announce the PC release so I know how long I'll have to avoid the internet for.

Going by the samples on youtube, I don't think the music will be orchestrated with live instruments this time. It sounds like samples and synthesizers, but of higher quality than Motoi Sakuraba usually uses.

Still looking forward to the soundtrack though. I liked the 2nd song played during the Collector's Edition trailer.

I have that as back up on my DEX build. That does some nifty damage and has a great moveset. It was a back up to this little number...

iaito_1h_r2.gif

What can I say, until the BKH I was an Iaito man. Finishing a Black Knight with dat R2? Priceless :)

Great Scythe is definitely on top as one of the best DEX weapons, especially in pvp. That sprint move was so op lol. My dex/int hybrid builds was one of my favorites. Had the Great Scythe as my main and a Balder side sword or iaito/uchigitana as backup. With the dlc spells that build was pretty powerful. Probably gonna go hybrid again for ds2 but not sure if I wanna do str or dex/faith like I did on ps3 or str or dex/int. Had fun with the cleric class on the beta so leaning on that.

No doubt about it, it's just the Iaito is a katana and katanas are cooler... especially when you can do a drawing slash. :)

hC4d8qB.gif

Oh definitely that's why I had the best of both worlds ;). I used the katanas a lot as well. I remember killing someone who invaded me with that r2 draw slash, felt so satisfying lol.

Edit: Ahh time needs to fast forward to march 11th, this week of work is dragging so badly. Decided to buy south park last night, so gonna play the shit outta that this week and try to beat it before dark souls, so that should hold me off.

I always create a Cleric thinking I'm going to be healing myself, my comrades, removing toxins and decursing shit. In reality, it never turns out that way. I end up running away into some corner or behind some pillar, frantically fumbling with the dpad to switch over to that stupid talisman, because "Oh, you can't just cast with a mace in one hand and a shield in the other.", and fumbling to scroll through my miracles, then just as I'm in the middle of the slow-ass casting animation, I get slashed by some big sword or I get backstabbed by an invading player and see "YOU DIED".

Shengar

Subbed and done. Will wait till end of march before my CE copy arrived from Englad :')
Anybody will do melee only-no magic run like me?

nynt9

Do we know which retailer is breaking street date? Would they tell me they're selling it if I called them and asked them?

Swordy

Melee only here too, I won't ruin my first playthrough like I did in Demon's Souls. Magic was way too op for PvE, especially in DeS.

NEO0MJ

I wonder if I'll find a weapon I'll enjoy using more than I did the Black Knight Halberd in DkS? If so then the game has already succeeded.

I loved that weapon, dropped my old Halberd like a rock after getting it. I used it for most of my playthroughs of the game. Moves, range, speed and damage were all excellent.

Ruuppa

I want to try the beefy weapons out, just gimme the biggest, heaviest thing you got!

Saw some videos from the beta where two-handed weapons were sending mobs flying in the air, now that's what I'm talking about, oh yeah! Seems like they really fixed the heavy weapons for DaS2.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Battojutsu ftw

IlearnedthatfromRurouniKenshin

*adjusts glasses*

I thought it was more commonly referred to in modern parlance as 'Iaijutsu'?

Ijustlookedituponwikipediaafteryoupostedbecauseiamaphilistineandididn'tknowithadanamethankyou:)

Melee only here too, I won't ruin my first playthrough like I did in Demon's Souls. Magic was way too op for PvE, especially in DeS.

Swordy
(Today, 02:19 PM)

SoundLad

Great OT, hype is definitely intensifying as a result

Going to clear Dark Souls using a Faith character this week in preparation for DS2 and wondering whether to go Faith/Str or Faith/Dex. Never did a Leeroy build so might go with Str . Any good faith/dex builds around though?

Shengar

Magic and grinding basically ruined my experience with Smough and Ornstein :(
Definitely wouldn't repeat the same mistakes!

Donuts

I'm heartbroken. I absolutely loved Dark Souls on the 360, but now i have a PC and i don't want to wait :( I have faith that even if the port is terrible the dedicated fans will release another fix similar to DSfix. The question is just whether or not I'll wait.

Anything to convince me to wait for the PC version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom