• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifa-cobex

One neat little feature (the curious can click, not a big spoiler)
is that you can dress up certain people at your leisure. I just met a girl clothed in rags, and I could equip her with anything I wanted.

That's..... Odd!?
I wonder what secrets this might entail.

It seems a random gaffer decided to look for my twitter and sent me hate mail. Insulting how I'm insulting people and how Im being an apologist when Im not earning anything from it. In the end he wished me to never find a job and hopefully die. I'm literally laughing at the moment cause for simply not being pessimistic over anything someone took their time to find me and send me hate mail. This is almost like PSN hate mail. Whoever that one was I deleted the message and blocked him/her.

The maturity of some people here is non existent.

Internets a serious thing for these folks. Last person that did that to me and didn't stop, I documented it all and they got arrested and charged for online harassment. I wonder who got the last laugh in my case. :D Just shrug it off man, these people have no lives.

To folks who has played it, just yes or no heh, is there a place in this game that is similar (or gave a similar feels) to ash lake? Freakin love ash lake.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Internets a serious thing for these folks. Last person that did that to me and didn't stop, I documented it all and they got arrested and charged for online harassment. I wonder who got the last laugh in my case. :D Just shrug it off man, these people have no lives.

I'm just laughing it off. I don't find a reason to feel offended or threatened for what seems to be the most childish display I've seen online. If that one continues I'll just continue ignoring it and laughing it off. Maybe next time I will post a pic of that here for shit and giggles.

I'm just laughing it off. I don't find a reason to feel offended or threatened for what seems to be the most childish display I've seen online. If that one continues I'll just continue ignoring it and laughing it off. Maybe next time I will post a pic of that here for shit and giggles.

My situation got a bit crazy, threating my unborn daughter, fiancee's, etc. So it def crossed a line. Just glad to know your still excited and ready for Dark Souls 2. Can't wait myself!

Prototype

I did the same... lol.

Were you like me in hoping the whole time you were playing that you'd come across the Berserk armor?

And was immensely disappointed when it wasn't in the game? ;.;

I've been wanting the Berserker Armor and his sword in any game... some game please! lol. Closest I've gotten is playing modded Skyrim at a friends place. :(

Souls series and Dragons Dogma both scratch that Berserk itch for me though. Would be great to see another cross promotion in the next DD game or something in a ps4bone Souls game.

Kieli

To folks who has played it, just yes or no heh, is there a place in this game that is similar (or gave a similar feels) to ash lake? Freakin love ash lake.

I haven't played Dark Souls II, yet, so I'm not quiet sure if DSII includes an area like Ash Lake.

I hope my answer was helpful.

Kieli

Also, people. If you read my post history, you know that Dark Souls is my favourite game...

I was trying to capture the typical troll response with the post, but I guess it came off as too realistic. o.0

I don't think From was arrogant, nor that DS was barely successful. I was being facetious.

Brohan

Good that you're not letting it get to you.

I once had someone send me an enormous message because he did not agree with me, it contained the most foul stuff like wishing i would not ever get children and that i would die from cancer.

I was so baffled that i did send a message back asking why he would say such things and that i wouldn't wish cancer upon those who i hate most.
Never got a response i think or it was just as bad as the first message (can't remember), so i just forgot about it and moved on.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I must admit the new cloth physics make sorcerer and cleric gear look less janky than it ever has before. Stuff actually looks cool now.

oroboros

You all planning on turning on that region lock option to hopefully weed out laggy connection from half round the world, or leave it open for more interactions even if they suffer from more lag here and there? I'll probably turn it on unless the world starts to feel empty and dead. Probably wont be an issue at launch though with plenty of people. Either way just hope the FAILED TO SUMMON is way less common this time.

Brohan

I must admit the new cloth physics make sorcerer and cleric gear look less janky than it ever has before. Stuff actually looks cool now.

Yeah sorceror looks pretty badass but i'm starting as either a cleric or a knight because i want to make a paladin (str+fth build).

Can't decide between the two though.. choosing cleric would've been easier if it had not slightly more INT than the knight.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
You all planning on turning on that region lock option to hopefully weed out laggy connection from half round the world, or leave it open for more interactions even if they suffer from more lag here and there? I'll probably turn it on unless the world starts to feel empty and dead. Probably wont be an issue at launch though with plenty of people. Either way just hope the FAILED TO SUMMON is way less common this time.
Dedicated servers are sure to make that a non problem. I never saw that message once in Demon's Souls.

Seeing as most you guys are very familiar with Dark Souls, can someone please explain something? I laid down a white soul sign, in hollow form, however I ended up invading somebody's world?

Is there some sort of sorcery to pull phantoms in for PvP?

This was in the basement area of the Burg.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Seeing as most you guys are very familiar with Dark Souls, can someone please explain something? I laid down a white soul sign, in hollow form, however I ended up invading somebody's world?

Is there some sort of sorcery to pull phantoms in for PvP?

This was in the basement area of the Burg.
It's a very rare glitch

Oni3298

I've been wanting the Berserker Armor and his sword in any game... some game please! lol. Closest I've gotten is playing modded Skyrim at a friends place. :(

Souls series and Dragons Dogma both scratch that Berserk itch for me though. Would be great to see another cross promotion in the next DD game or something in a ps4bone Souls game.

Dragons Dogma was essentially a berserk game lol. That part with the princess was ripped straight from berserk (Griffith's capture and imprisonment).

I, like you, am hoping that there is more cross promotional stuff in Dragons Dogma 2, with it culminating in the dragonslayer and berserk armor.

I will now be forced to make two DS2 characters. One swordsman cuz dual wielding looks badass and one pure strength because of that dragonslayer looks badass.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Schierke is a good character.

Yes she is. Miura needs to stop being an asshole and give us more chapters at a more acceptable pace...

Brohan

Dragons Dogma was essentially a berserk game lol. That part with the princess was ripped straight from berserk (Griffith's capture and imprisonment).

I, like you, am hoping that there is more cross promotional stuff in Dragons Dogma 2, with it culminating in the dragonslayer and berserk armor.

I will now be forced to make two DS2 characters. One swordsman cuz dual wielding looks badass and one pure strength because of that dragonslayer looks badass.

Yes she is. Miura needs to stop being an asshole and give us more chapters at a more acceptable pace...

Dragon's Dogma had Berserk armor and weapon sets right?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Apologies if this has been answered already, but is the case for the PS3 Black Armored Edition the same size as a blu ray case, it is it the size of a DVD case?

mrgone

Those minimum specs for Dark Souls 2 are really weird. Everything they list is, like, low-end gaming laptop level with the exception of the video hardware - the Radeon they list as the minimum (HD 5870) is more than a year newer and massively overpowers the Nvidia counterpart they list with it. I wonder if it's a mistake or there's some gi-fucking-gantic performance issue with the game on AMD cards/drivers. Hopefully it's the former.

Edit: Crap, I thought this was the Steam thread (too many tabs!) - it does kind of fit here, but I was in here looking for discussion about it more than trying to start one. Sorry folks!

Toxi

Banned
That's... BS. I backstabbed them and maybe only took off a 1/6th of their health. I never asked for this. I was cursed too.
Yeah,it's bs.

If you got cursed by another player, the person was hacking. The only things that should be able to curse you are
curse frogs and a certain boss.

Gbraga

I don't expect a lot of people to agree with me, but instead of new Souls game or new King's Field game, I'd like to see From go with a new IP with art in the same vein of Tsutomu Nihei. That would be so good.

Yeah,it's bs.

If you got cursed by another player, the person was hacking. The only things that should be able to curse you are

My mistake, wasn't clear. I'd already been cursed and was just bumming around offering to help against the Gape.

I've completed the game before, but had never encountered the glitch!

Toxi

Banned
I don't expect a lot of people to agree with me, but instead of new Souls game or new King's Field game, I'd like to see From go with a new IP with art in the same vein of Tsutomu Nihei. That would be so good.
I haven't read his work, but some GIS pics I've seen look nice, and I'd love seeing a non-Western take on cyberpunk.

600full-tsutomu-nihei.jpg

neoemonk

I'm not going to lie. I was pretty upset when I checked GAF on my phone to morning the OP went up and I couldn't read anything.

I'm always surprised by the way people behave online, although I guess I shouldn't be by now. Sorry to hear that you're dealing with that dumb shit.

Soriku

Yeah,it's bs.

Speaking of curse, it doesn't seem to halve your health anymore. No idea what it does now though.

Teknoman

Never played Diablo or heard the OST, that song is great

Diablo 1 and 2 had amazing soundtracks. 3 unfortunately has more of a...cookie cutter epic type (aside from New Tristram). Dunno how Reaper of Souls will be, but yeah...a Souls series game with actual soundtrack pieces here and there aside from boss battles would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom