• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellite25

I think there are going to be more negative reactions than Demon's or Dark Souls because neither of those games were as high profile as Dark Souls 2. There's going to be more people giving the game a shot that ignored the first two games.
That might be true. They said they had 50% more preorders this time around, presumably from a good amount of people new to the franchise. They may soon find out they don't like it.

I dunno, I just have a hard time believing that FROM could fuck this up after making two great games. They basically just need to stick to the formula with some tweaks and a new world and they should be good. How it could go from great to shit doesn't make sense.

Randam

7nBgE.jpg
http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/ps3-trophies-gamesaves/720770-dark-souls-ii-modded-starter.html

wow at the comments..

I got my collectors edition on pre order and this save will help me from the start.
Wow thanks alot, i didnt want to get this game now but Im changing my mind after seeing this, are the bosses still hard to béat thou?
Definitely getting this game now.
I'm not too familiar with the series but does these cheats basically give you enough health/power to not ever die in the game?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Fuck it, I'll play offline. I am NOT playing this game with shitty fucking filthy hackers ruining my fun.

a majority of the souls fanbase (me atleast :D ) would not be able to play it at this point and from would not make as much money
I know there are a lot of logistical issues involved with putting a game on four platforms, especially when two are brand new, it's just frustrating having to deal with this stuff when I own a PS4 but not a very competent PC.

oroboros

I need to find it again, but I saw someone on Twitter post a DOTA2 chat with IGN editors with one of them saying something like Dark Souls 2= Robocop 2014. I really don't think it's a vocal minority. I saw a Kotaku editor tweet another reviewer playing DSII about how he should just play Titanfall instead. Pretty sure the game is going to get savaged in reviews.

a tweet, lol, of a dota 2 chat, lol, from some fucking ign person, lol. how damn hard are you searching for negative shit if this is your actual source. maybe there is more negative comments you're finding then positive because the people who like the game are all glued to and playing the damn thing. someone sitting in dota 2 chat talking shit about it might not be a fan of this type of thing to begin with and is not really a reliable opinion at all. hell the online features which are a huge part of the series experience for many are not even turned on.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
a tweet, lol, of a dota 2 chat, lol, from some fucking ign person, lol. how damn hard are you searching for negative shit if this is your actual source. maybe there is more negative comments you're finding then positive because the people who like the game are all glued to and playing the damn thing. someone sitting in dota 2 chat talking shit about it might not be a fan of this type of thing to begin with and is not really a reliable opinion at all. hell the online features which are a huge part of the series experience for many are not even turned on.

All I had to read was DOTA2 and IGN tbh.

Ziek

I'm glad my attitude isn't as sour as everyone else. I can't wait to
have fun
with this game upon release and then
have EVEN MORE fun
on PC.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
This seems like something that could've been preventable by From simply making this a game that doesn't allow save transfers.

There are potentially 2 safeguards in place for the rest of us though. Note that in the image the total soul history in the upper right is also 1 billion -1.

If hackers aren't able to spoof that then the soul history pvp restrictions could still prevent us normal players from ever seeing them. The other thing is that From might be able to detect this kind of hack from their dedicated servers and remedy the problem that way as well.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Raise your hand offline brothers. I'll be pulling the goddamn ethernet plug for this game. How dumb are these idiots, Jesus.

Astral

Turns out Amazon ran out of the PS3 Black Armor Edition of the game right when I preordered, so that's why it STILL hasn't shipped. I think it's too late to preorder on gamestop too. Son of a bitch.

Robot Pants

Raise your hand offline brothers. I'll be pulling the goddamn ethernet plug for this game. How dumb are these idiots, Jesus.

The game isnt even out yet and already we have hackers ruining everything.

Fuck it, I'll play offline. I am NOT playing this game with shitty fucking filthy hackers ruining my fun.
The chances of you coming across these people are very slim. I wouldn't worry about it so much and potentially ruin a lot of fun the online component brings.
Playing in offline mode because of them is way overkill

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
The chances of you coming across these people are very slim. I wouldn't worry about it so much and potentially ruin a lot of fun the online component brings.
Playing in offline mode because of them is way overkill

It'll be more fun for me. I won't have the permanent stress of being invaded by a hacking cheater. It'll be smooth sailing.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Not sure what you are trying to say here. Please, explain it to us.

Well it does kinda resemble the stat screen of an average Skyrim character by the midway point of the game...

sixghost

It'll be more fun for me. I won't have the permanent stress of being invaded by a hacking cheater. It'll be smooth sailing.

You're going to voluntarily ignore an entire part of the game because of the small chance that someone invading you might have hacked? From what people have been saying, the new rules for invading/cooping sound like they'll be good to prevent these types of invaders. There shouldn't be any more low level guys invading with fully upgraded pyro gloves and gear unless you've also twinked like hell.

If you pre-ordered through Amazon, check your open orders and make sure that you're getting an estimated delivery on release date if you ordered with release date delivery. I chatted up a rep and its fixed now. I'm sure its been mentioned already but just in case.

I canceled my order on the strategy guide. I forgot how fast my DS1 guide was out of date due to patching.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Could this be real??

If you burn a bonfire ascetic it at the bonfire closest to a boss after you kill the boss
HE GETS REVIVED in the next playthrough difficulty
(ie: If you revive him in NG, you fight his NG+, if you revive him a second time in NG, you fight his NG++ difficulty)
Also, they drop souls every kill, you can even get the NG++ exclusive souls if you kill them through revival

Shinjica

There was magic for that in Dark Souls as well.

It was a miracle and he need 18 faith to be used. Not quite the same for an infinite usage item.

Still, is not that bad.

You're going to voluntarily ignore an entire part of the game because of the small chance that someone invading you might have hacked? From what people have been saying, the new rules for invading/cooping sound like they'll be good to prevent these types of invaders. There shouldn't be any more low level guys invading with fully upgraded pyro gloves and gear unless you've also twinked like hell.

People are only searching for an excuse to play offline. You can give them 1000 reasons to stay online and they will not hear you.

Could this be real??

If you burn a bonfire ascetic it at the bonfire closest to a boss after you kill the boss, HE GETS REVIVED in the next playthrough difficulty
(ie: If you revive him in NG, you fight his NG+, if you revive him a second time in NG, you fight his NG++ difficulty)
Also, they drop souls every kill, you can even get the NG++ exclusive souls if you kill them through revival

The new Gamespot article on the game mentions
something about burning bonfire ascetic and it making enemies harder and its irreversible. So it seems that maybe true.

Could this be real??

If you burn a bonfire ascetic it at the bonfire closest to a boss after you kill the boss
HE GETS REVIVED in the next playthrough difficulty

Someone should test this to see if it is real

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom