• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Surely if this game is steam works there wont be as much hacking like original dark souls due to VAC bans?

creyas

Based GMG. Preloading.

Praising_Intensifies.gif

Sullichin

I've always been interested in the series. Watching let's play videos of the first Dark Souls (Giant Bomb, Northernlion, etc) I even picked it up on Steam during one of the sales last year. Started to get into it but the GFW shit pissed me off to the point where I just stopped. Scared to lose my save like I did with other GFW games. Scared that one day it won't let me log in randomly like it has done before.

I'm ready to jump in now. Pre-ordered from GMG (crazy good deal)

Valid fears unfortunately. But you should know that Dsfix includes a save backup manager so you don't really have to worry about that.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Damn, I got it when it was 20% off. Not going to cry over $2 savings, jump on it, people.

If you contact support they'll add the credit for the difference to your account. I contacted them and they already added it for me.

Heads up, even tho I hadn't gotten a key in email, I checked my Games Library on GMG and my DS2 key was in there. Steam is pre-loading now, time to prepare to die at 1440p.

Good lookin out dude!

Sullichin

This is actually the current GMG code

GMG025-EASTER-024HRS

Oops, forgot there was a new 25% one.

Anyway, I can't get this damn game from GMG. The pre purchase button disappears whenever I'm logged in. If I manage to add it to my cart it tells me to remove invalid items. Anyone else have this problem?

Gmg isn't accepting any of my cards from any of my bank accounts. This is ridiculous. I live in the US

It's likely not GMG that isn't accepting it but your bank that is blocking GMG.

GMG is based in the UK, so it probably looks suspicious to your bank for you to suddenly have an attempted charge from the UK show up on your card.

I use paypal with GMG to get around this problem.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
Surely if this game is steam works there wont be as much hacking like original dark souls due to VAC bans?

They would list it as VAC enabled on the game's store page, but it's not listed for Dark Souls 2. See Dota 2's store page for an example.

Sucks.

Miletius

I'm about to pre-order the game on Green Man Gaming but I have a quick question. I recall someone saying that the bonuses are no longer available somewhere and I was wondering if that was on GMG?

GMG has the sticker that says "include bonus content" on it, so I think it's still included.

On a side note: loaded at 100 percent. Ready for Friday.

Yeah I just restarted from scratch and used paypal and no go. Said "oops, please renter your card" after signing into paypal

odd..

Paypal was asking you to enter your card or the GMG site was?

I pay with my bank account through paypal and I've never had a problem.

Since you're not in japan, maybe nuveem would work out better for you.

Pejo

Welp, i'm weak. I double dipped on the GMG preorder deal. Can't wait to experience the game on PC!

Chavelo

Awww yesss... just cashed in my GMG credit AND used the new coupon... 25 dollars for Best Version of Dark Souls II.

WE IN THERE, PRE-LOADING AND WAITING.

darksoulspvpudqqhjrjf8.gif

tariniel

My body is beyond ready. I took a vacation day on Friday to play this game.

Anyone know what time it unlocks on Friday? midnight PST, midnight EST?

Loakum

Banned
ok...I just now made it to the
Fire Lava Demon dude
How in the hell can I beat that thing?!?! That thing killed me and two other gold helper phantoms! 0_o

D

Deleted member 245925

Unconfirmed Member
VlYN7MW.png

God damn it, I hate you BANDAI NAMCO™!

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Getting a new PC at the end of the month and this will literally be the first game I install (after the ceremonial Deus Ex install, of course).

So glad I waited for the superior version!

yatesl

I hate that I have last Friday to this Thursday off, but then working constantly after that.

Why couldn't have this come out last week? It would have been perfect.

Same, will they guarantee it for the 25th or is it delayed cos of the retail delay?

No idea... we'll find out, I guess, yeah? I've never gotten anything from SimplyCDKeys, but Dark Souls II was only £20 - too good to resist. I hope they send me my key soon enough that I can have it preloaded and ready to go as soon as we hit the release date.

impact

Banned
GMG has the sticker that says "include bonus content" on it, so I think it's still included.

On a side note: loaded at 100 percent. Ready for Friday.

Don't use the preorder items guys. The hardest part of the game is the beginning and those items are basically like getting a drake sword in firelink shrine, removing any challenge.

based GMG comes through though, so hyped to play this again

w3i83vX.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom