• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kade

Bought a key as a gift for someone on GMG and it was there that account's Games section but the key I bought for myself on another account is replaced with a "No keys available until the game is released" message. :(

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
From someone who has played the console version, what would be the fastest way to start co-op'ing with my friend? I know I need the name-engraved ring. What else? And how?

Arjen

From someone who has played the console version, what would be the fastest way to start co-op'ing with my friend? I know I need the name-engraved ring. What else? And how?

Name ring can be bought from the start. Both put on the ring, select the same god out of ten, arrange the place where you want to summon and it should go super smooth from there. I did a lot of co op with a friend. Summoning was almost instant.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
Name ring can be bought from the start. Both put on the ring, select the same god out of ten, arrange the place where you want to summon andere it should go super smooth from there. I did a lot of co op with a friend. Summoning was almost instant.

Don't we also need the white sign soapstone like in Dark Souls 1? Where do I get that? Do both have to be human too?

Arjen

Don't we also need the white sign soapstone like in Dark Souls 1? Where do I get that? Do both have to be human too?

You'll need the soapstone just like in the first game. You'll get it rather quick. The one who is summoning needs to be human, the one putting down the sign can be hollow.

When I preordered dark souls for ps3 you just logged onto a website and downloaded a zip file of the soundtrack. I don't remember there being any authentication required.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
In the kingdom of Drangleic, a curse is sweeping the nation. The hollow corpses of fallen men, roam free. More people are hollowing by the day. It's up to one undead warrior to stop the plague, and defeat evil.

Undead by nature.

Unmatched in skill.

Half man, half undead, all hero.

Like a moth drawn to the flame, he will go through hell and back.

"Looks like it's time to go, beyond death."

Spoiler free hype video. Get hype.

-MD-

Speaking of online Durante, is there an easy way to go in offline mode in the PC version?

1VEUgB0.png

I assume.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
that video killed my hype, not raise it.

time to cancel my pre order :(

In the kingdom of Drangleic, a curse is sweeping the nation. The hollow corpses of fallen men, roam free. More people are hollowing by the day. It's up to one undead warrior to stop the plague, and defeat evil.

Undead by nature.

Unmatched in skill.

Ha ha. I've seen that before, it's great.

But I don't think I need to get any more hype than I already am, or else I might reach critical hype overload.

Easy_D

never left the stone age

Undead by nature.

Unmatched in skill.

Thanks for posting this, amazing and hilarious. Reminds me of the marketing for Blood Dragon

Dinda

Why would that be a problem?

Because i would probably have to quit the game?

I asked for an easy way to go offline while in game, i know it is easy if i start the game in offline mode, thats not the question. On the PS3 i press the PS Button and sign out of PSN, It's a pain compared to that on the PC.

edit
Surely you're not serious? That takes all of 10 seconds.

Edit: Doesn't require a restart.

you sure about that? It requires for me. Just tested it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You can never have too much hype for Dark Souls.

Damn, how about this one?

Disclaimer: contains mixed Dark Souls 1 spoilers & trailer clips from DS2.

much better, pre-ordered repurchased

I take my Souls seriously damn it, no joke videos for me... nofunallowed.jpg!

Because i would probably have to quit the game?

I asked for an easy way to go offline while in game, i know it is easy if i start the game in offline mode, thats not the question. On the PS3 i press the PS Button and sign out of PSN, It's a pain compared to that on the PC.

edit

you sure about that? It requires for me. Just tested it.

Don't tell me you're trying to find a way to d/c when someone connects...

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Just a forewarning to plug-pullers or people who want to try and go offline during an invasion: punished for it in Dark Souls 2. So unless you play the whole time offline, you better take your lumps.

Feltrol

Banned
I have a question: If I buy Dark Souls II from GMG, will I get the code today, or at least before the release date so I can preload it?

Thanks in advance. :)

Dinda

Oh dear, no i'm not. As with the Quit Game button such an option would of course be disabled while i'm being invaded.

Really whats so hard to understand if i ask if a game that has an offline and online mode gives me an menu option to switch between those modes?

feel

I have a question: If I buy Dark Souls II from GMG, will I get the code today, or at least before the release date so I can preload it?

I got the code instantly and started my preload a few hours ago when I ordered from them.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Yep, you should get your key quickly since they started releasing them out today.

That'd be some weak shit right there.

Who cares. Let the dude play the game how he wants to play.

Well then, here goes the preload.

How exactly do I turn off the pre order stuff? Do I get an option when I start a new game or do I have to go into Options or some shit?

Garcia

So, will the game unlock on Thursday midnight (CST) ?

Edit: This game will unlock in approximately 3 days and 9 hours. Which means: 2:00 am, Friday. (CST).

Yep, you should get your key quickly since they started releasing them out today.

Who cares. Let the dude play the game how he wants to play.

Because it doesn't only affect him. It takes time to invade somebody. Using the item (or sign or whatever) waiting for it to connect, load into their game, and then some dick plug pulls and I'm kicked, go through another loading screen, and then go through the process all over again. This game wasn't designed for offline play. You can play it offline sure, but being online to see messages and summon people and then d/cing when you get invaded is not only chickenshit, but is against the spirit of the game. If he wants to cheat, hack for souls/armor/items, be invincible, whatever as long as its in his own game, I don't care. But when you start ruining other people's experiences it becomes a serious problem. You wouldn't want to play street fighter and then have a guy d/c cause you're kicking his ass would you? It's the same thing.

Also I should mention that I am not accusing DINDA of trying to seek an easy offline mode for this purpose. DINDA already responded and said that is not what DINDA'S trying to do. I don't want DINDA getting shit on for asking a question, it was only my suspicion, that's all.

Edit: MOAR CLARITY! MOAR! MOAR!

Parsnip

Got my nuuvem key, pre-load complete.

I guess I'll just play something else until then!
And my replacement 360 wireless receiver isn't here yet either, cutting it dangerously close.

Durante

darksoulsii_2014_04_2c1lh9.jpg

3 tries :/

Anyway, I got 2 "your message got rated" notifications while I was playing today, in 2 hours. That's about as many as I got in DS1 in 250 hours. I think the connectivity issues are solved.

Gvaz

Banned
darksoulsii_2014_04_2c1lh9.jpg

3 tries :/

Anyway, I got 2 "your message got rated" notifications while I was playing today, in 2 hours. That's about as many as I got in DS1 in 250 hours. I think the connectivity issues are solved.

Stop it. My heart can't take it.

I'm preloading but I have to have it now :(

Dinda

Because it doesn't only affect him. It takes time to invade somebody. Using the item (or sign or whatever) waiting for it to connect, load into their game, and then some dick plug pulls and I'm kicked, go through another loading screen, and then go through the process all over again. This game wasn't designed for offline play. You can play it offline sure, but being online to see messages and summon people and then d/cing when you get invaded is not only chickenshit, but is against the spirit of the game. If he wants to cheat, hack for souls/armor/items, be invincible, whatever as long as its in his own game, I don't care. But when you start ruining other people's experiences it becomes a serious problem. You wouldn't want to play street fighter and then have a guy d/c cause you're kicking his ass would you? It's the same thing.

Also I should mention that I am not accusing him of trying to seek an easy offline mode for this purpose. He already responded and said that is not what he's trying to do. I don't want this guy getting shit on for asking a question, it was only my suspicion, that's all.

Then don't shit on me, cause that's exactly what you do. I just asked a simple question, and you started to come up with that. Everyone that ever played a souls game should know that there are times when you want to play offline.
In my case i was just farming the NPC Phantom in Belfry Sol, i go offline for that because it spawnes regulary in offline mode, such things i do constantly in Souls Games, and when I'm done i go online again. I just did that and remembered that it will be more difficult on the PC, that's why i asked.

This has nothing to do with what you are describing, because as i said such options can easily be deactivated while being invaded (like Souls games already do)

Vitor711

I bet SimplyCDKeys will release the keys the day of release. Oh well, I'd complain but I'm getting it for even cheaper than the current GMG offer of $40 (£19.99 a few months back).

Then don't shit on me, cause that's exactly what you do. I just asked a simple question, and you started to come up with that. Everyone that ever played a souls game should know that there are times when you want to play offline.
In my case i was just farming the NPC Phantom in Belfry Sol, i go offline for that because it spawnes regulary in offline mode, such things i do constantly in Souls Games, and when I'm done i go online again. I just did that and remembered that it will be more difficult on the PC, that's why i asked.

This has nothing to do with what you are describing, because as i said such options can easily be deactivated while being invaded (like Souls games already do)

Uhh dude I wasn't responding to you. I was describing why someone should care if someone else d/cs during invasions. You already said that wasn't what you were doing and I acknowledged that in the post. I went out of my way to point out that so no one would misinterpret what I was saying...like you did. I described a situation to demonstrate why other people should care about d/cing. It was directed toward Alo81's post, you know, the one I quoted in my post?

Facism

I bet SimplyCDKeys will release the keys the day of release. Oh well, I'd complain but I'm getting it for even cheaper than the current GMG offer of $40 (£19.99 a few months back).

they've always been the day before release at the latest for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom