• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Don't use the preorder items guys. The hardest part of the game is the beginning and those items are basically like getting a drake sword in firelink shrine, removing any challenge.

Yeah...no. The DLC items are nothing like the Drake sword and are arguably worse than a lot of the starting equipment each class is handed from the beginning. Also they are inferior to many items you pick up in the first 5 minutes.

The only advantage from what I can tell would be if you used them for a deprived character.

Don't use the preorder items guys. The hardest part of the game is the beginning and those items are basically like getting a drake sword in firelink shrine, removing any challenge.

based GMG comes through though, so hyped to play this again

w3i83vX.png

I just wanted to make sure I'm getting everything that's supposed to come with it.

That gif is very accurate. That was the hardest boss in the game for me.
Definitely. Took me like 20 tries to beat it, I even rage uninstalled the game at a point. Then again, I beat it on my first try during my second playthrough, so I guess the game just doesn't prepare you for a fight like that in the first hours, it's unlike anything you would have faced until then.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
pre load done

...now what? stupid time :(

eot

Banned
Seems like I have a key on GMG, but I didn't get a notification mail about it. It's been a while since I used that site though, maybe they never send those.

impact

Banned
Yeah...no. The DLC items are nothing like the Drake sword and are arguably worse than a lot of the starting equipment each class is handed from the beginning. Also they are inferior to many items you pick up in the first 5 minutes.

The only advantage from what I can tell would be if you used them for a deprived character.

Not really. The catalyst from the preorder bonus is the best catalyst till you get into the second half of the game. Depends on your class obviously, but the preorder stuff ain't bad.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
ok...I just now made it to the
Fire Lava Demon dude
How in the hell can I beat that thing?!?! That thing killed me and two other gold helper phantoms! 0_o

Come back later with some fire protection. One of the enemies in Pharroh's drops something for that.

Careful with spoilers, if you already have a press copy you're better off in the other thread.

I just hope there isn't much to download once the game is released from the preload. A gig takes me about an hour and a half on my connection.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
No armor edition for PC retail? :(

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Not really. The catalyst from the preorder bonus is the best catalyst till you get into the second half of the game. Depends on your class obviously, but the preorder stuff ain't bad.
Sorcerers Staff is better and is accessible in the very first area of the game
Forest of the Fallen Giants
. In typical From tradition, the DLC items are very average and are all accessible as world drops and merchant items later on in the game. Like I said the only advantage I see is being able to use these items early for a deprived character, or for your first 20 minutes in the game before you encounter the first real area.

Miletius

I know that it's not exactly spoiler territory, but discussion of what weapons are/aren't the best is kind of annoying for folks that want to go in blind, which is a huge motivation of the PC OT. Can we respectfully refrain from that? Or at least put it in spoiler tags.

Side Note: So hyped.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
not that it affects my hype in any way, but that "critique" thread yesterday bummed me out. the floodgates were deffinately open in there. All I could think of was "oh I guess we are shitting on Dark Souls 2 now in the usual cycle of shitting on popular games shortly after they are out"

Arjen

Dlc items are only usefull for characters who start without a shield, and even then you'll probably find a better one after a few hours

AHA-Lambda

No idea... we'll find out, I guess, yeah? I've never gotten anything from SimplyCDKeys, but Dark Souls II was only £20 - too good to resist. I hope they send me my key soon enough that I can have it preloaded and ready to go as soon as we hit the release date.

Same here, don't wanna change it cos of how good the deal was obviously.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Couldn't resist 25% off at GMG, plus the Playfire Rewards credit I had. I wait for Dark Souls PC to be cheap as dirt, but I want to show From that putting real effort into a port will pay off.

npa189

Shit, I never completed my goal of beating the first one, I'm getting my ass kicked in anor londo, I have two days off before friday, can I do it?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Shit, I never completed my goal of beating the first one, I'm getting my ass kicked in anor londo, I have two days off before friday, can I do it?

If you play a lot... maybe. But there's a lot of game left, wouldn't count on it.

creyas

The game takes a massive nosedive quality-wise after Anor Londo, i wouldn't feel too bad about giving in if you want to get into the new one while it's fresh, especially if you think difficulty will be a big hurdle. Could be a surprisingly long, demoralizing slog. The final boss is cool though.

Rhaknar

is "give us something silky, something smooth" a line from DS2? because if so the thread title is amazing

sounds like something those birds from demons soul would say, the ones you traded items at

Grabbed my key from my nuuvem profile thinking it would initiate the pre-load but it gave me the "content isn't available yet" message.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
is "give us something silky, something smooth" a line from DS2? because if so the thread title is amazing

sounds like something those birds from demons soul would say, the ones you traded items at

Your instincts are correct!

masterkajo

So my Black Armor Edition should be in the mail tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. Is it known if it will also come with the Steam pre-order bonus (digital art book, comic, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom