• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea, it does. at the screen right before the download starts.

Is there some setting I have to change? I don't get that option.

xcRp0VX.png

Levyne

Banned
I think I remember JaseC mentioning a way to trick steam into pre-loading where you want it to, but it was a bit unintuitive.

Dinda

Uhh dude I wasn't responding to you. I was describing why someone should care if someone else d/cs during invasions. You already said that wasn't what you were doing and I acknowledged that in the post. I went out of my way to point out that so no one would misinterpret what I was saying...like you did. I described a situation to demonstrate why other people should care about d/cing. It was directed toward Alo81's post, you know, the one I quoted in my post?

Yes, but you were the one who even brought that into relation to my simple question, that's what i'm saying. i explained to you why those things have nothing to do with one another.

Wrong, go back and re-read the posts.

Oh he did not? but why did you then feel the need to post that would really be low of me and someone other felt the need to defend my gaming habits?
He said that in relation to my post, that's why you guys responded, and that's why i felt offended.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Don't use the preorder items guys. The hardest part of the game is the beginning and those items are basically like getting a drake sword in firelink shrine, removing any challenge.[/IMG]

I disagree, most of those items have low damage and scaling. Now the
Heide's Longsword
that you can acquire in the first hour of the game, that is more of a Drake Sword

Yes, but you were the one who even brought that into relation to my simple question, that's what i'm saying. i explained to you why those things have nothing to do with one another.

Oh he did not? but why did you then feel the need to post that would really be low of me and someone other felt the need to defend my gaming habits?
He said that in relation to my post, that's why you guys responded, and that's why i felt offended.

It was an observation based on a strange request. You asked for offline, a guy told you how. You said it was inconvenient, that led me to asking myself "Why would he need to turn it online/offline at a moment's notice within the game?" Hence leading to my post in which I did not accuse you of anything, just "hoped" that my conclusion wasn't the right one. After you responded saying that was not your intention with the question, I acknowledged it in a post that was a response to someone else. I did not make those people respond to my post and I'm sorry you got offended, but I acknowledged your response to my observation in the hopes you would understand that I knew my original observation was misguided.

Settings --> Downloads ---> Content Libraries

Thank you. I always assumed that i was just resigned to download games to wherever Steam was installed. Now that I can make game folders more accessible without trudging through C: this will make modding much easier.

I wish I could use my Steam Wallet money to that nuuvem deal. HNNNG.

Also Durante's article is up! ;)

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/21/dark-souls-2-pc-tweaking-guide/

Great article, this should be in the OP. The part about Sweet FX is exciting and I can't wait to set it up this Friday. It won't replicate the TGS build, but at least it will make torches more useful. The mention of a third article going into possible future modifications seems like quite the tease...

the hype phase. everything is not played is better.

look @ that other thread of critique.

Nah, dude. When I played Dark Souls 1 I thought it was terrible, coming from Demon's Souls. It wasn't until I took a break and came back that I slowly started to appreciate how good it is.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I'm definitely playing this with SweetFX, it looks so good. BTW Durante the link to download your custom profile is not working.

Piano

Banned
So is there no way to direct where the pre-load goes? I keep most of my games on my larger HDD but steam is installed on my smaller SSD. Usually installing a game gives me an option of where to put it but the pre-load seems to just...go.

Guess no pre-load then :(.

Unless I can move it when I install the previously downloaded preload?

I'm really enjoying these articles, Durante. I figured sweet fx would make the washed out areas look better. It's nice to see it does.

Dat third article... I need dark souls modding!

Garcia

I love you, Durante. <3

Post-processing with SweetFX
Some Dark Souls fans who were following the pre-release information closely have been disappointed that the final game does not fully capture the visual splendor of some areas which were shown off in the pre-release demo. While post-processing cannot bring back missing light sources, it can help re-capture a more dramatic mood.

One significant change which, in my opinion, negatively impacts the visuals in the final game is the high level of ambient illumination (i.e. areas which are brightly lit even when there are no light sources). Using SweetFX with a custom profile (downloadable here), the ambient light level can be reduced, while the impact of existing light sources is strengthened.

The result:

It looks so much better!

eot

Banned
So is there no way to direct where the pre-load goes? I keep most of my games on my larger HDD but steam is installed on my smaller SSD. Usually installing a game gives me an option of where to put it but the pre-load seems to just...go.

Guess no pre-load then :(.

Unless I can move it when I install the previously downloaded preload?

Isn't there some external tool to manage your steam installs?

finalflame

What sort of down sampling is recommended for 2560x1440p resolution. I only have a single 290x so I can't go too high..

Wondering the same. I too, am running a 1440p monitor but with a single 780 Ti (roughly equivalent). Durante's article said that he ran the game @ 1440p 60FPS with 60% GPU usage maxxed out on stock settings on a 770.

If that's true, a 780 Ti/290X packs significantly more performance than a 770, especially if it's only using 60% of the GPU. Hopefully we can do 4x SGSSAA @ 1440p, but at the very least downsample from 4K while keeping 60 FPS.

So... can Durante actually play the game at 7680x4320? I think our setups are similar.

I have an i5 3570k and a GTX 770 4GB.

edit: nvm, see he plays at 1440p and with 60% usage. Hmm.

Durante

Oh wow, I didn't expect that article to go up today already.

The part I personally like best (because I'm an IQ nut) is this:
aa_compare2.gif

I see myself re-using this image forever and ever to show people what I mean by the "temporal stability" of AA methods, and the weaknesses of post-processing AA. I've wanted to make something like it (in a real game context, not just my AA testing application) forever, and this article finally gave me the necessary push.

If that's true, a 780 Ti/290X packs significantly more performance than a 770, especially if it's only using 60% of the GPU. Hopefully we can do 4x SGSSAA @ 1440p, but at the very least downsample from 4K while keeping 60 FPS.
I generally get 40-60 FPS depending on where I am in the game at 4xSGSSAA/1440p on my 770.

Oh wow, I didn't expect that article to go up today already.

The part I personally like best (because I'm an IQ nut) is this:
aa_compare2.gif

I see myself re-using this image forever and ever to show people what I mean by the "temporal stability" of AA methods, and the weaknesses of post-processing AA. I've wanted to make something like it (in a real game context, not just my AA testing application) forever, and this article finally gave me the necessary push.

I generally get 40-60 FPS depending on where I am in the game at 4xSGSSAA/1440p on my 770.

All hail Durante.

Maaaan, you really need to reach the Mirror Knight and tell us if the "old lighting coming back" glitch happens when he steps on destroyed columns. Heaven only knows what you may unearth out of that if the glitch is still there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom