• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final boss is down... again.

Now just on to
Ancient Dragon, Vendrick and Darklurker. I already tried Vendrick a couple times on this Hex build and I don't know, I may have to respec for Melee, really hard to get a hit in and I get one-shot for any attack.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
what's a good place to farm souls before NG+?

decided to try to grab enough to get the stones from the lady before I roll everything over

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
what's a good place to farm souls before NG+?

decided to try to grab enough to get the stones from the lady before I roll everything over

Use bonfire Ascetic on the bonfire right before Old Iron King.

The boss is superrrr easy to dodge and kill, and to get to it you only have to go through 2 enemies (one that despawns after being killed once). It's really close to the bonfire, and every time you kill them it nets you 200k souls.

The Smelter Demon armor is such a fashion faux-pax, has a helmet that looks like a goddamn puckered asshole which is fitting because only an asshole would wear armor where your tummy is exposed. Just UGH.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Had time to seriously commit towards Dark Souls 2 and damn I am finding it hard (as compared to my playthroughs in Dark Souls 1).

.restarted the game multiple times, as I botched up face/body during character creation
.finally started with 'Deprived Class'
.ended up getting flushed royally from all ends from everywhere in the game
..especially with the big ogre (I guess) who gives you the''Ring Of
Stone
' in the tutorial area, died more than 25 times over multiple visits (visited every time I got hold of a different weapon)

.finally something dropped a Bastard sword (or I got it from a chest, I don't remember) and I raised my STR/DEX to wield it in two hands
..Bastard Sword <- "damn good weapon sir"
.got hold of a White Soap Stone (to put summon sign)

.died here and there again, multiple times wasting 3 human effigies

.reached the 'Heide's Tower of Flame'
.put a summon sign, got summoned in less than a second

.farmed a bit more than 50,000 souls by being summoned as a phantom into other games, in the same area
.upgraded my Bastard Sword to +3, increased stats to use 'Lighting Spear'

.halted playing, thinking 'Good Progress, after a horrible initiation into the game'

Edit: Any suggestions for visuals in the game, I tried 'GeDoSaTo' and for some reason I didn't like it more than the REG hack downsampling (I got an AMD) and wary to use ENB (since the author himself, I guess mentioned he has a VAC ban or something barring him from playing Dark Souls 2 online).

Was expecting 'GeDoSaTo' to give better visuals, but I didn't find suitable values to make it look better than what I am currently using (the REG hack downsampling); good performance with good visuals. Currently a bit confused, because I really liked DSfix for Dark Souls one and was expecting a bit more in Dark Souls 2 :( <- any suggestions?

burgerdog

Zero fucking summon signs at 3.7 SM, I wonder if I'm way behind or way ahead(unlikely) in ng+.

It really feels like dark souls again.

Man, the D
emon
of S
ong
is a pain. Every attack seems to have a wide range and be an insta-kill.

EDIT: Finally. Thank god for a bow.

Nabs

Zero fucking summon signs at 3.7 SM, I wonder if I'm way behind or way ahead(unlikely) in ng+.

I was worried about this when I hit 3+ mill, but then I realized I had on that co-op ring. Oops. I've been slow to hit that NG+ button, but we'll see what happens when I do tomorrow.

burgerdog

We're in the same boat, I'm clocking at 2.7M and I barely get any summons (but plenty of summoning signs)

It takes about 10 minutes for me to get summoned and I honestly haven't seen a summon sign in over 3 hours. They were all over the place in ng and it was amazing, now not so much.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I didn't have any summons outside lost sinner yesterday on my new character who has not been farming, in fact I've been clearing the game much faster than I did on my first character so I should have less souls. Maybe the servers were just down /shrug

Was expecting 'GeDoSaTo' to give better visuals, but I didn't find suitable values to make it look better than what I am currently using (the REG hack downsampling); good performance with good visuals. Currently a bit confused, because I really liked DSfix for Dark Souls one and was expecting a bit more in Dark Souls 2 :( <- any suggestions?

It does give better visuals. (than the default Dark Souls 2) It has better post-processing effects, better Depth of Field and better SSAO, as well as anti-aliasing.

If you enable a feature in the GeDoSaTo ini file, be sure to disable the in-game equivalent. e.g. if you use Durante's SSAO, turn off the corresponding one in-game. (except for AA, you have to turn on AA in-game, unlike Dark Souls 1 where you had to disable it)

Perhaps what you're noticing is that Dark Souls 2 looks better than the console versions on its own without the help of GeDoSaTo so the difference doesn't appear to be as large as it was between vanilla Dark Souls PC and DSFix Dark Souls for PC.

I was worried about this when I hit 3+ mill, but then I realized I had on that co-op ring. Oops. I've been slow to hit that NG+ button, but we'll see what happens when I do tomorrow.

I think there's definitely more co-op and pvp in NG+ than there is in the first playthrough.

Persona7

Banned
I keep noticing that so many people rage quit right as soon as I am going to kill them. So annoying on the PC version and rarely happens on console.

I think there's definitely more co-op and pvp in NG+ than there is in the first playthrough.

What is your Soul Memory? I am still in ng with a 2M SM, and getting summoned is starting to slow down. Both LGK and Final Boss are taking 5+ minutes to get summoned when a few days ago it was neat instant. I hope I can get 10 more Sun Medals for rank 3.

Reached NG+ now. Mainly my goal for now is not to beat the game again. I want to reach
Cathedral of blue
and then do PvP matches and invasions with cracked blue eye orb over and over again until I reach level 2 with blue sentinels.

Defuser

Man Guardian Dragon is a piece of cake. All it does is fly and shoot flames. My Avelyn just wreck the fuck out of it from a safe far distance.

impact

Banned
Man Guardian Dragon is a piece of cake. All it does is fly and shoot flames. My Avelyn just wreck the fuck out of it from a safe far distance.

Yea, I don't think that boss has ever even hit me.

I hope the DLC is AotA tier with the bosses because this game has so many free ass boss fights.

I started dueling at Iron Keep about 2 hours ago on my first NG+, and already ran into 5 cheaters. Infinite health and infinite stamina. One guy was just afk while I tried to carry him into the fire using backstabs.

Pretty lame.

What is your Soul Memory? I am still in ng with a 2M SM, and getting summoned is starting to slow down. Both LGK and Final Boss are taking 5+ minutes to get summoned when a few days ago it was neat instant. I hope I can get 10 more Sun Medals for rank 3.

Close to 8 million in NG+ and I have zero trouble finding co-op and pvp. Last night I decided I wanted a break from the Belfry and put my sign down in front of the Lost Sinner. Probably only had to wait about 3-5 minutes and I helped three different people.

I started dueling at Iron Keep about 2 hours ago on my first NG+, and already ran into 5 cheaters. Infinite health and infinite stamina. One guy was just afk while I tried to carry him into the fire using backstabs.

Pretty lame.

It sucks, man. At least at Iron Keep there are drops that can kill people with infinite HP. If I were to find a cheater there I would jump off the bridge onto the rocks and let them come to me.

Svafnir

Question: So if I help someone kill a boss, I get humanity. Do I also get humanity for the smaller soapstone? Where I am ashade or w/e

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member

Perhaps what you're noticing is that Dark Souls 2 looks better than the console versions on its own without the help of GeDoSaTo so the difference doesn't appear to be as large as it was between vanilla Dark Souls PC and DSFix Dark Souls for PC.

That is absolutely correct, the game looks great by default on the PC; without any modification to enhance the visuals (texture quality) or the frame rate.
(actually, even better than Dark Souls 1 with DSfix).

---
It does give better visuals. (than the default Dark Souls 2) It has better post-processing effects, better Depth of Field and better SSAO, as well as anti-aliasing.

Tried with the GeDoSaTo, but I was perceiving more shimmering and less details overall (either due to bad values or some other reason, I'll ask in the GeDoSaTo thread)

JustinBB7

Does NG+ matter with getting summoned? I finished the game a while ago and beat all optional/secret bosses. And I'm doing all side stuff to prepare for achievements before I go to NG+

I need the spell from sunrbos for helping 30 people, but I'm rarely getting summoned. Like 6 times in 4 hours. And I still need like 18 more sun medals.

I'm very high level/soul memory so I was wondering if NG+ people can't summon me aslong as I stay in NG?

Also if I go to NG+ will my sunbros rank stay?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just beat the Pursuer while Dual Wielding Falchions.

I'm boss now, watch the fuck out.

Zom

Banned
I'm going for the 4m SL, not in ng+ yet, but I still see a lots of summon sing in some places, mostly end game bosses, and crowded pvp places.

Gazoinks

Just beat the Pursuer while Dual Wielding Falchions.

I'm boss now, watch the fuck out.

I respecced myself to a dualwield build yesterday. It's a hard adjustment, but it's so fun and you sure do feel like a badass when you kill things. Dancey dancey dancey!

Garcia

Yeah... I've been pretty much on my own for the most part of NG+. But when I place my sign I get summoned really quickly.

I really don't get it.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

We're in the same boat, I'm clocking at 2.7M and I barely get any summons (but plenty of summoning signs)

It takes about 10 minutes for me to get summoned and I honestly haven't seen a summon sign in over 3 hours. They were all over the place in ng and it was amazing, now not so much.

If I'm not mistaken, Soul Memory isn't factored in NG+ and beyond, but you can't play with NG players. Maybe it's just the lower ratio of people replaying it on PC right now. Hopefully you'll get regular action again in good time.

I respecced myself to a dualwield build yesterday. It's a hard adjustment, but it's so fun and you sure do feel like a badass when you kill things. Dancey dancey dancey!

Dual wield morning stars with focus on endurance (that's the one that gives stamina, right?) and adaptability... Got summoned as a gray phantom, as soon as I got one hit in I just alternated the attacks and the guy didn't even get to move. Feels good to kill one of those fucking casters. Might consider the ring that further increases poise damage.

Mistel

Banned
Dual wield morning stars with focus on endurance (that's the one that gives stamina, right?) and adaptability... Got summoned as a gray phantom, as soon as I got one hit in I just alternated the attacks and the guy didn't even get to move. Feels good to kill one of those fucking casters. Might consider the ring that further increases poise damage.
I'd also suggest maces as well to kill them faster.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh wait a second, hexes use SOULS as fuel? I did not know that...

I'm still early in the game. I beat the first giant and I think I've explored everything in the cardinal tower area I can at this point. I can only find 1 way to advance; the pursuer at the top, but I'm affraid he's going to beat my ass over and over. Did I miss any other areas/routes that I could go to now?

Jintor

Weird that most of the multi-target boss fights have bosses that have similar attack patterns so it's basically like fighting one dude but having to be really careful. Nothing like Ornstein and Smough Attorneys at Law.

sixghost

Ok no. I tried. I really did. Fuck
Ancient Dragon
and his 1 hit KO. He'd be easy if it wasn't for impossible to dodge AoE bullshit firestorm. Fuck that. There's no way to dodge. Not even the wiki's strategy of
running to his tail when he's doing the tale
works because the fire reaches to basically his back.

That's just not true dude. As long as you're near his back feet you'll always be able to get far enough unless you aren't <70% equip. I just did that boss for the first time a few days ago and was consistently dodging that attack.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Time for some Fashion Souls, how do I look GAF?
screenshot345012ypj1a.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom