• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

burgerdog

Ohhh that's it, Valley of Defilement done with. I spent around 90 minutes in 5-2 but 5-1 and 5-3 were not bad at all. Never coming back here if I can help it. Let me know if it's annoying reading about Demon's here. I'll be posting very little about it.

Or nothing at all.

ibiaw74FqlYe3.gif

Makes me wonder if this bug is tied to Agility. All example gif's I have seen posted of bad hits are from folks early in the game and low agility.

Mistel

Banned
Makes me wonder if this bug is tied to Agility. All example gif's I have seen posted of bad hits are from folks early in the game and low agility.
That may even be late game considering they are completely optional.
Poison arrows are fantastic in this game.

Even big motherfuckers like the
giants in Black Gulch
go down in a second when poisoned.
They can pretty much kill everything than 3 bosses which are immune and about five or so normal mobs.

Blinck

That one is amazing, but for me the best it's still this one, mostly for the moment itself in-game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh53Jn7L4iE

Listening to that in Gwynevere's beautiful room after one of the hardest boss fights in the game was just an amazing moment...the violins at 0:34 just absolutely nail it...so good.

Also...I'm tempted to say that Majula's music is the best hub music in a Souls game...yes..better than the nexus..
It just feels so safe but so very sad and also nostalgic...love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9hoAyx3-0I

Blinck

Did anyone go with a Greatshield in their first playthrough?

The moment I started using one and upgraded it I feel like it broke some of the game. Some of the boss fights like the Mirror Knight and many others are really, really easy with a greatshield with 20 stamina

Yeah,

Soul Memory is so depressing and I really fail to see the upside to it. Was it intended to prevent new players from being invaded by twinks?

Yup. And they succeeded in doing so too.

I agree SM is flawed and think they need a different solution...but there needs to be a solution. As much as you all hate SM, having low level players be forced to not be able to enjoy the game because a pack of complete asswipes decide it's funny to mess with their day is also completely, totally unacceptable.

Close, but no cigar.

This is the best song in the Souls series.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Finished.

Good game, not as good as Dark Souls, which, in hindsight, was almost flawless, but still a fun and enjoyable experience.

That last boss fight though... no challenge whatsoever. I died once because I fell down.

Mistel

Banned
Almost all. The game kind of funnels you to the Bastille so falk finish it before going anywhere else.
I thought it funnels you more to the pit and the copse myself but I digress.
Yup. And they succeeded in doing so too.

I agree SM is flawed and think they need a different solution...but there needs to be a solution. As much as you all hate SM, having low level players be forced to not be able to enjoy the game because a pack of complete asswipes decide it's funny to mess with their day is also completely, totally unacceptable.
They should of made it like dark souls in that regard so you stay hollow so you aren't invaded instead of making it so you can be.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Guys what the eff. Why did
Lucatiel's
summon sign disappear in
Sinner's Rise
? I met
her
in
No Man's Wharf

Is the questline broken for me now?

Edit: Wut, it appeared again, odd.

Kalnos

Banned
I finally stopped ganking and finished the game. I really enjoyed it but until something is done about SM it won't be what it could be.

Guys what the eff. Why did
Lucatiel's
summon sign disappear in
Sinner's Rise
? I met
her
in
[No Man's Wharf

Is the questline broken for me now?

You have to talk to her in the Bastille as well.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

It really should be patched, but since it's been in so long I get the impression it's not something that could be easily fixed.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I finally stopped ganking and finished the game. I really enjoyed it but until something is done about SM it won't be what it could be.

You have to talk to her in the Bastille as well.

Apparently you only have to talk to her in the Bastille, it's all I did at first, only went exploring in another direction because the area you summon her in is pure ass.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, beat the
Poison Bitch of Earthen Peaks
with two Sunbros. But I only got ONE sunbro medal? WTF?

Also apparently Magic doesn't do anything on that fight? I didn't seem to have my hits register.

But anyway:
Iron Keep
: THE TRUE DEMON'S--er--DARK SOULS BEGINS HERE.

Oh lordy, I have to wade through THAT for Pyromancies at 10 VIG? REALLY? REALLY?!

Mistel

Banned
Huh, no wonder I've seen that scimitar a lot recently in pvp. Thankfully I've only been backstep parried once though. Hopefully that stuff gets patched soon.
That was rolling parries which are similar. Monastery scimitar is popular as it is a insta parry weapon you press it and you parry with it.
That is probably the best way to start, folks just Fogel about the contraption and/or don't realize Licia moved there to open it.
I though that was the way you were meant to traverse myself.

Ghost23

Cab someone answer this with a yes or no response without spoilling anything? I am in the black gulch right now and feel a little underleveled. I'm not sure if there is so area that I can do before this. I got through Sinner's Rise and went to Graves of Saints afterwards. Am I missing somewhere or is this the correct order?

Zafir

Cab someone answer this with a yes or no response without spoilling anything? I am in the black gulch right now and feel a little underleveled. I'm not sure if there is so area that I can do before this. I got through Sinner's Rise and went to Graves of Saints afterwards. Am I missing somewhere or is this the correct order?
Hard to answer that with just a Yes or No since it's a compound question. xD

There's another area you can do.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

Yes, there is another path or two you can get to from Majula.

irishcow

Got invaded earlier. The guy backstabbed me while I was looking through my inventory. I ended up killing him and earned 500,000 souls. I leveled up literally like 15 levels. NICEEE.

Mistel

Banned
Got invaded earlier. The guy backstabbed me while I was looking through my inventory. I ended up killing him and earned 500,000 souls. I leveled up literally like 15 levels. NICEEE.
What level are you/what were you using?

That might also affect your co-op experiences negatively depending on circumstances.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

That means you got invaded by a level 850 dude, which means they were hacking.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Question: If I've finally beat the Belltower boss, will I still be invaded from the Bonfire on in that area? D:

Gvaz

Banned

he gave himself a lot of stats

also huntsman's copse i didnt even realize was a thing until i got my first great soul in sinner's rise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom