• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

ibfAFsLlv4DfCd.png

man am i playing a different undead crypt? i cant find the switch to light it up OR the witches that drop the staff :(

The witches are right at the beginning, tough to miss.

The light is difficult to miss as well if you are checking over the edges.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The witches are right at the beginning, tough to miss.

The light is difficult to miss as well if you are checking over the edges.

saying im an idiot for missing them doesnt help me find them grief :p

i guess the witches are those casters before the guy that doesnt like light, if so ive never seen that staff frop on both my runs :( must be rare

Grief.exe

saying im an idiot for missing them doesnt help me find them grief :p

i guess the witches are those casters before the guy that doesnt like light, if so ive never seen that staff frop on both my runs :( must be rare

Well, there is only one area with ledges, so that should narrow it down significantly.

man am i playing a different undead crypt? i cant find the switch to light it up OR the witches that drop the staff :(

The witches are the only casters in the level. You run into a welcoming party of several casting Affinity right at the beginning. Got my staff on the first run through, maybe I got lucky.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well, there is only one area with ledges, so that should narrow it down significantly.

if its the room with the pit that you flip a switch to create a shortcut, the only ledfe i see to fall is one that leads down to some zombies, then up a stairs for a chest :/

edit: got it! inow to farm that staff

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'm using the default settings in GeDoSaTo. Durante wouldn't steer me wrong...would he? :(

I think I just like clarity so much that it's going to look like shit to me no matter what. I can't stand motion blur either.

Here are two examples I just took showing off a good DoF (or at the least, one I tweaked to my liking!)

darksoulsii_2014_05_11_00_27_52_70_by_aloo81-d7hx6yi.jpg

darksoulsii_2014_05_11_00_41_16_29_by_aloo81-d7hx6yv.jpg

In the first, stuff closer is fully sharp but things off in the distance have less of a focus and the lights have a bit of an aura/glow to them, bokeh.

In the second, the foreground is completely sharp and only the background is blurry. (Ideally, the statue would be a bit blurry too but I haven't fully figured out how to configure the DoF with ENB yet).

So I finally reached D
ragon Aerie
after beating the
Guardian Dragon
. Just a couple of things: fuck that
hallway before the boss. Fuckin' ogres and basilisks respawning made that part a chooooore
. The boss itself wasn't that hard, but it took me two tries. My first one ended spectacularly when
the dragon began to fly and I was locked on to it... then the dragon filled the floor with fire, I miscalculated the distance and got burnt to a crisp. Without doing ANY damage to the damn thing
. Fortunately I managed to improve during my second try and beat it without much hassle (yes, I still had to use a couple of lifegems but nothing too serious).

And then... well, let's just say Praise the Sun! (yes, I took that screenshot)

I...I think you may have missed a bonfire bud.

Toxi

Banned
Need to get this, the Pursuer and the Ogre grab gifs and send them to Namco. These teleport attacks are ridiculous.
Had this happen to me on my first Mimic.

Needless to say, I was a bit pissed. It's especially silly because there's no reason they had to switch from the old version.
I NEED to know where to get that gear - in particular that weapon
Kill Gyrm warriors (bearded guys that look like Gavlan the trader). There are some in the Doors of Pharros.

Rhaknar

nvm found a ladder :p drop my staff stupid witches, i dont want magic stones

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Here are two examples I just took showing off a good DoF (or at the least, one I tweaked to my liking!)

In the first, stuff closer is fully sharp but things off in the distance have less of a focus and the lights have a bit of an aura/glow to them, bokeh.

In the second, the foreground is completely sharp and only the background is blurry. (Ideally, the statue would be a bit blurry too but I haven't fully figured out how to configure the DoF with ENB yet).

That does look much better than what's on my screen, but I still can't say I'm a fan of it. Not like it's a huge deal since you can disable it in basically all PC games though :B

Rhaknar

yay got my staff, and it uses normal titanite to upgrade, thank you based dark witches

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Just finished a no bonfire run. I was also running it hardcore, but died in
Shrine of Amana. Her bravery didn't save me.
That was my only death though, so that makes me want to try again sometime. It was interesting not being able to fast travel at all or replenish spells/Estus without herbs.
I wouldn't recommend doing no bonfire on character's first run though. I used a ton of life gems and spell herbs, and of course there's the fact that you can't attune any spells anyway if you do it your first run, so you can't even try a magic build. Even going melee, it'd be annoying to return to Majula to level up when your only method of warping is homeward bone, and that respawns enemies. Also would have had to change weapons a lot more than I did if I hadn't had so many repair powders.
The three other spots where I came very close to death were
one of the red phantoms with a whip in Iron Keep, the room in Drangleic Castle where you have to kill statue guards close to the other statue to turn the elevator on, and Duke's Dear Freja.
I'm glad they put those challenges in and gave them rewards.

It
lowers your maximum HP as if you had died when the curse bar fills once, and makes you more hollowed.

It used to be much more noticeable. I remember curing in the two first when I got curse. It was also such a drag to get rid of it.

God freaking bless this weapon, ridiculously good against bosses, and I can almost kill everyone in pvp with 2 strong attacks.

I've been tempted to respec my build to use this in NG+, but my soul memory is so high that I'm thinking I may be better off starting a new char....

That feeling when you beat a max level BlueBro with a dark Resonant buffed curved greatsword and a Monastery Scimitar trying to parry backstep you as a pokey little level one BlueBro with nothing but a sword and board and a good strategy (read: curved greatswords leave people wide open after the slash, especially the running one).

Feels good man.

Rhaknar

resonant soul and greater reso dont seem as OP as the videos lead to believe...maybe these mobs just dont take a lot of dark dmg /shrug

Typomancer

Neo Member
Summoned two sunbros for the T
win
D
ragonrider
boss fight. I opened up with Sunlight Spear. Was over in less than 10 seconds. Haha.

Sid

OK so what happened here,I cleared the Dark Chasm of Old in Black Gulch but the game didn't recognise it IE my rank didn't upgrade nor were there any changes in Grandahl's dialogues?

Kamina

Golden Boy
That Monastery Scimitar is seriously overpowered.
Was invading as Blue Sentinel a lot yesterday and met quite a few. Only one of them Monastery users managed to kill me in the end but got killed himself when he later invaded me as RedBro.

OK so what happened here,I cleared the Dark Chasm of Old in Black Gulch but the game didn't recognize it
Because your devotion didn't advance? Had the same problem, just beat the Darklurker and you'll be done anyway.

Sid

That Monastery Scimitar is seriously overpowered.
Was invading as Blue Sentinel a lot yesterday and met quite a few. Only one of them Monastery users managed to kill me in the end but got killed himself when he later invaded me as RedBro.

Because your devotion didn't advance? Had the same problem, just beat the Darklurker and you'll be done anyway.
Yeah,this was my 2nd one,so I guess I'll just go to the final one then.

Oddly enough I'm really liking the Old Knight's Armor on my assasiny/thiefy character. The tattered cape is quite cool, and with that plus brigand arms and legs I can still roll nicely.

Are there any equip load/flipppy-somersault rings like in DS1?

Also, the critical multiplers in this game are nutso, it loves me.

edit: A pic

What's that sword? It looks nice.

I came across the worst thing in pvp today, it was a guy in full Havel's who had both of the invisible weapon rings on. And of course, his weapons were Santier's Spear and a Lightning Avelyn -_-

I did see an actual proper Havel cosplay with the Dragon Tooth and everything in the BoB arena, that was nice to see.

What's that sword? It looks nice.

I came across the worst thing in pvp today, it was a guy in full Havel's who had both of the invisible weapon rings on. And of course, his weapons were Santier's Spear and a Lightning Avelyn -_-

I did see an actual proper Havel cosplay with the Dragon Tooth and everything in the BoB arena, that was nice to see.

I'm pretty sure I just fought that Havel cosplay (the proper one with the Dragon Tooth and greatshield). Of course I got owned because I was trying out an axe and I was pretty unfamiliar with the moveset (Dragonslayer's Crescent Axe), but that was kinda the point so I could see if it was gonna work for me in PvP.

R1CHO

What do you guys think about the achievements?

They are pretty bad in my opinion, there is not a single challenge, it's all about exploring the game and discovering everything. It's just a progression list.

They should have made some of them feats, like defeating 5 bosses without dying, or killing something in a specific way, or even the more extreme finish the game with zero deaths.

PS: Finally got the asshole:

VillainousCoarseHind.gif

1683 damage, great for a Strength build. He is not that difficult, but the split makes it chaotic, I guess patience is the best tactic, prioritize defense and attack when you are 100% safe... that of fire tempest :p

impact

Banned

They are pretty bad in my opinion, there is not a single challenge, it's all about exploring the game and discovering everything. It's just a progression list.

They should have made some of them feats, like defeating 5 bosses without dying, or killing something in a specific way, or even the more extreme finish the game with zero deaths.

Easiest Souls 100% achievements

The game is so casual even the achievements are casual

Nibel

PS: Finally got the asshole:

VillainousCoarseHind.gif

1683 damage, great for a Strength build. He is not that difficult, but the split makes it chaotic, I guess patience is the best tactic, prioritize defense and attack when you are 100% safe... that of fire tempest :p

Damn, what weapon/equip do you use? I hate that fucker

R1CHO

Yes, the attack was Fire Tempest; it can be frustrating because I have seen it do 0 damage to the pair even when hitting them, I think you kind of have to time it to start doing the damage after the split animation :(

Here is the full attack sequence:

http://a.pomf.se/aocgnt.avi

Build was very simple:

xk1GG3f.jpg

Heaviest armor I had (I haven't upgrade any armor yet) with the pyromancy gauntlet.

I have been using ultra swords and that kind of heavy weapons all the game, but for this guy I change to the Fire Longsword +10, much easy to hit him and have stamina to roll his sword attacks.

Nibel

Yes, the attack was Fire Tempest; it can be frustrating because I have seen it do 0 damage to the pair even when hitting them, I think you kind of have to time it to start doing the damage after the split animation :(

Here is the full attack sequence:

http://a.pomf.se/aocgnt.avi

Build was very simple:

xk1GG3f.jpg

Heaviest armor I had (I haven't upgrade any armor yet) with the pyromancy gauntlet.

I have been using ultra swords and that kind of heavy weapons all the game, but for this guy I change to the Fire Longsword +10, much easy to hit him and have stamina to roll his sword attacks.

Thanks man :)

Rhaknar

thinking of speccing out of faith (and therefore out of hexes) and just go full int, these dark spells aent doing much for me

I have 3 soul vessels anyway I can afford to try it out at least

Uthred

I barely see any summon signs now that I've reached max tier with my original FTH / STR build.

Theres a max tier? And assuming SM is working as intended wont it start to fill up once more people hit it?

Starting to realize each individual level means a lot less in this game. I've only beaten three bosses but my soul level is in the 60's. Also, it still only costs around 6,000 souls for me to level up. At this level in a previous game I swear that cost would be over 20k or something.

Its sort of a required change as theres no real dump stats this time around so even focused builds will likely want to branch into other stuff a bit

eot

Banned
Got my second ever red phantom invasion.
At lvl1 by the first Heide knight :| wat. I guess there's a cracked red eye orb in Things Betwixed?

R1CHO

Stefan™;111496627 said:
Just killed the Guardian
Dragon
with 3 Soul Geysers. ;__;

There is always a lot of talk about which boss is easier, the new pinwheel and all that, but the Guardian really seems like a poor little thing, specially taking into account how far in the game he is.

Finally got the full Mad Warrior set farming in the Sol. The Task Manager trick was fantastic. If you want this set, he is a rare NPC invader at the Sol. He has a chance to spawn when resting at the bonfire. I put the game in Windowed mode with a sliver of the Task Manager visible at the bottom to show DarkSoulsII.exe. When resting at the bonfire, if the Mad Warrior spawned, it increases about 10-15MB in memory usage.

A lot of folks have said it took them 4 hours to farm the set due to the running back and forth the check. With this technique I got the whole set in about an hour.

R1CHO

Finally got the full Mad Warrior set farming in the Sol. The Task Manager trick was fantastic. If you want this set, he is a rare NPC invader at the Sol. He has a chance to spawn when resting at the bonfire. I put the game in Windowed mode with a sliver of the Task Manager visible at the bottom to show DarkSoulsII.exe. When resting at the bonfire, if the Mad Warrior spawned, it increases about 10-15MB in memory usage.

A lot of folks have said it took them 4 hours to farm the set due to the running back and forth the check. With this technique I got the whole set in about an hour.

That's clever, nice tip.

Styles

There is always a lot of talk about which boss is easier, the new pinwheel and all that, but the Guardian really seems like a poor little thing, specially taking into account how far in the game he is.

Forgot to mention it was in NG+ as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom