• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiops

So, I was fightning the Executioner's Chariot today, and when I dodged one of it's attacks, my character started to slide automatically:

WeakOddballAlaskajingle.gif

Nothing I did stopped the character. It's not the first time the game had some serious glitch during a boss fight (got stuck in a wall at least 3 times agains Smelter Demon), it's unfortunate that this kind of thing happens in a game where supposedly "every death is your fault". I laughed a lot when it happened, but it's still bad.

On the good side, I finished my Company of Champions run today, fist only (with the Vanquisher's Seal, I'm not crazy to go bare fist without the ring). Felt really good, and fists are really great for PVP. I recommend it to people who want to try something different in the game, it really makes you learn the pattern of enemies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If your talking about Luna then yes you will be.

Ugh. Going through that area offline to see what I can see, I guess. :/

Though I got the other side to open if I can muster the balls to go through a bunch of fire at 10 VIG. :/

Zafir

Though I got the other side to open if I can muster the balls to go through a bunch of fire at 10 VIG. :/

It's really annoying. I went back a bit after I killed the boss just to talk to the NPC at the start, and I still got invaded by two guys.

Tiops

Need to get this, the Pursuer and the Ogre grab gifs and send them to Namco. These teleport attacks are ridiculous.
Someone is going to analyze the frame where the mimic's teeth touched the player's hair and say that the problem is the low ADP of the character.

Mistel

Banned

Luna is totally optional but there is some stuff in and around it that is worth collecting like skeptics spices.

Someone is going to analyze the frame where the mimic's teeth touched the player's hair and say that the problem is the low ADP of the character.

They all appear to be the same type of bug. They look like attacks that have a canned finish animation, so if any part of the character is touched by the enemy attack, the player model is put through the animation even if it only grazed a foot as they roll away, causing a jarring location teleport to perform.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Where do I get this armor? I started a new playthrough after I beat the game because I didn't like the class or character and now I am trying to find this.

Drangleic Castle
in the back left ruin sentinel room
after you fall through the floor

duxstar

I'm kinda down on the game, I really want to get all the sunbro's stuff, but knowing that I have to actually play online to get it all, the best part about the first 2 is you didn't need to go online to get the platinum (on ps3), You could manipulate the first game's dark tendency levels and in Dark Souls all the weapons were tied to enemy drops offline (If I remember right)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oddly enough I'm really liking the Old Knight's Armor on my assasiny/thiefy character. The tattered cape is quite cool, and with that plus brigand arms and legs I can still roll nicely.

Are there any equip load/flipppy-somersault rings like in DS1?

Also, the critical multiplers in this game are nutso, it loves me.

edit: A pic

Oddly enough I'm really liking the Old Knight's Armor on my assasiny/thiefy character. The tattered cape is quite cool, and with that plus brigand arms and legs I can still roll nicely.

Are there any equip load/flipppy-somersault rings like in DS1?

Also, the critical multiplers in this game are nutso, it loves me.

edit: A pic

no somersault rings but there is an equip load ring you can get pretty early on. The mask my char wears my first screenshot is a mask that increases equip load by 3% as well. You can buy it from an npc after you kill
The Lost Sinner

KingKong

Is there any place to get the elephant guard (the 2 guys outside drangelic castle) armor? I killed them both ~4 times and only got the gauntlet drop, really dont want to grind them

Is there any place to get the elephant guard (the 2 guys outside drangelic castle) armor? I killed them both ~4 times and only got the gauntlet drop, really dont want to grind them

The Doors of Pharros also have Mastodons but good luck with the annoying invaders from the Rat Covenant...

Timu

Praise the sun, my 1st playthrough is done. Also, the final boss
was absurdly easy, didn't even hit me once.o_O
102 deaths and nearly 39 hours of play.

Will try NG+ later on like I did with Dark Souls 1.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
it is if you kick their ass

Let me rephrase:

I hate the Souls series' PvP: It simply doesn't work (IMO) with the way stats/etc. are calculated to where it isn't "fun" in a competitive way. It's a matter of "who can abuse the bigger cheese tactic than the other dude," IMO.

PvE/Co-op is where the game shines, IMO. It's why I've been harping on them to give a "no invasion" toggle like "Agent Hunt" in Biohazard 6 had. Because, like there: the PvP isn't appealing and doesn't work (IMO) for it to be fun.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
I am wondering what does curse do exactly. I remember it being the worst thing ever in Demon souls or dark souls, in this game I hardly ever care if I get cursed or not!

VandalD

Just finished a no bonfire run. I was also running it hardcore, but died in
Shrine of Amana. Her bravery didn't save me.
That was my only death though, so that makes me want to try again sometime. It was interesting not being able to fast travel at all or replenish spells/Estus without herbs.
I wouldn't recommend doing no bonfire on character's first run though. I used a ton of life gems and spell herbs, and of course there's the fact that you can't attune any spells anyway if you do it your first run, so you can't even try a magic build. Even going melee, it'd be annoying to return to Majula to level up when your only method of warping is homeward bone, and that respawns enemies. Also would have had to change weapons a lot more than I did if I hadn't had so many repair powders.
The three other spots where I came very close to death were
one of the red phantoms with a whip in Iron Keep, the room in Drangleic Castle where you have to kill statue guards close to the other statue to turn the elevator on, and Duke's Dear Freja.
I'm glad they put those challenges in and gave them rewards.
I am wondering what does curse do exactly. I remember it being the worst thing ever in Demon souls or dark souls, in this game I hardly ever care if I get cursed or not!
It
lowers your maximum HP as if you had died when the curse bar fills once, and makes you more hollowed.

Jintor

I don't think co-op's that great really. I don't feel like stuff is really designed for it, since it's mostly singleplayer balanced.

I mean, multi has its problems, but with the easy connectivity in DS2 belltower dueling has consistently been the most fun experience I've had.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Not necessarily DS2 related, but I've been messing with DoF through GeDoSaTo and cannot fathom why anyone likes effects like this. I could just set the resolution to 1280x720 if I wanted a giant blur filter on everything.

I don't think co-op's that great really. I don't feel like stuff is really designed for it, since it's mostly singleplayer balanced.

Coop basically = kiting everything to death. I definitely think it's a good option to have since not everyone is going to have the skill or patience to solo some of the bosses in these games, but it's a shame they haven't really built anything around multiple players.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Not necessarily DS2 related, but I've been messing with DoF through GeDoSaTo and cannot fathom why anyone likes effects like this. I could just set the resolution to 1280x720 if I wanted a giant blur filter on everything.

If your DoF looks like a giant blur filter then you're doing it wrong.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
If your DoF looks like a giant blur filter then you're doing it wrong.

I'm using the default settings in GeDoSaTo. Durante wouldn't steer me wrong...would he? :(

I think I just like clarity so much that it's going to look like shit to me no matter what. I can't stand motion blur either.

Garcia

Just started a new character and oh boy, summon signs everywhere! :') . Damn Soul Memory, kill if with fire! I barely see any summon signs now that I've reached max tier with my original FTH / STR build.

asd;fj;aslkdfj;af

Smelter had like <1% hp ._.

:( horrible feeling, I know.

Just started a new character and oh boy, summon signs everywhere! :') . Damn Soul Memory, kill if with fire! I barely see any summon signs now that I've reached max tier with my original FTH / STR build.

:( horrible feeling, I know.

I've got 5 characters. The one I'm on now is what I've put > 25 hours into. I'm looking forward to going over the others (they all have diff builds) with what I know now and summoning and what not.

Altazor

So I finally reached D
ragon Aerie
after beating the
Guardian Dragon
. Just a couple of things: fuck that
hallway before the boss. Fuckin' ogres and basilisks respawning made that part a chooooore
. The boss itself wasn't that hard, but it took me two tries. My first one ended spectacularly when
the dragon began to fly and I was locked on to it... then the dragon filled the floor with fire, I miscalculated the distance and got burnt to a crisp. Without doing ANY damage to the damn thing
. Fortunately I managed to improve during my second try and beat it without much hassle (yes, I still had to use a couple of lifegems but nothing too serious).

And then... well, let's just say Praise the Sun! (yes, I took that screenshot)

RedSwirl

Starting to realize each individual level means a lot less in this game. I've only beaten three bosses but my soul level is in the 60's. Also, it still only costs around 6,000 souls for me to level up. At this level in a previous game I swear that cost would be over 20k or something.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man am i playing a different undead crypt? i cant find the switch to light it up OR the witches that drop the staff :(

Starting to realize each individual level means a lot less in this game. I've only beaten three bosses but my soul level is in the 60's. Also, it still only costs around 6,000 souls for me to level up. At this level in a previous game I swear that cost would be over 20k or something.

Yeah, that is an interesting change to the series. Probably due to there being more stats to level. The soul level cost does start to ramp up though, but not until after 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom