• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I have probably died in much more stupid ways to be honest, it's only that the timing on that death was kind of comical.

Check another one:

http://giant.gfycat.com/MeagerDiligentLacewing.gif[IMG]

What a fucking asshole can the Smelter be, sooooooo vicious. Almost breaks the wall LOL Lucatiel is like NOPE!

Last one:

[IMG]http://giant.gfycat.com/GreedyPoliticalGoshawk.gif[IMG]

He is attacking Lucatiel, decides to turn like a fucking peg-top and BOOM!
[/QUOTE]

Wow. I think I did him about 3 times and never saw him move like that. Looks like crazy lag as well. I think my favorite summoning was for the Iron King.

- Takes time summoning two people.
- Watches intro move
- Rolls into lava before boss even gets there.

It's better when Hosts realize they are the most important person and try to stay out of trouble and just turtle up. I'd rather have than then stupid deaths where no one wins.

ttocs

Yeah, but from now on, I don't care. If you stab in the face while I'm bowing to you, you don't deserve any better. It's that simple.

PvP should be about fun. If you want to ruin it, sure, let's ruin it.

If you bow in a pvp fight that's just silly. This isn't some duel from the 17th century - it's a video game where your job is to kill the other player. Sorry you take the game too serious - I'm going to use every tool to my advantage to kill you and if it involves attacking while you feel the need to bow, so be it!

This souls memory thing is duuuuuuuuuuumb. I like to farm and spam my summoning sign on bosses.

My friend doesn't. So I end up getting shit tons more soul memory than him.

Now he can't summon me any more even though we're really close in levels.

Also this durability shit is just annoying, especially since repair power is so rare, I feel like I'm being punished just because I enjoy scimitars.

This souls memory thing is duuuuuuuuuuumb. I like to farm and spam my summoning sign on bosses.

My friend doesn't. So I end up getting shit tons more soul memory than him.

Now he can't summon me any more even though we're really close in levels.

Also this durability shit is just annoying, especially since repair power is so rare, I feel like I'm being punished just because I enjoy scimitars.

Yeah, hopefully From actually patches the stupid 60FPS durability bug.

UrbanRats

iW4Fhu2LmfWu2.jpg

Souls GAF, the fuck is wrong with her? I keep giving her shit to dress with, but everytime i'm back at Majula she just got undressed again (minus the hat, that one she's keeping on).

Anyway beat
Vendrik
and
his lovely wife
, they were actually not that hard, luckily.
Tried my luck at the
Ancient Dragon
, but it was too tedius to do the method of
baiting the flame and running away
, so i stopped trying very early.

A lot of deaths though, 147.
Goddamn.

EasyMode

I think my favorite summoning was for the Iron King.

- Takes time summoning two people.
- Watches intro move
- Rolls into lava before boss even gets there.

It's better when Hosts realize they are the most important person and try to stay out of trouble and just turtle up. I'd rather have than then stupid deaths where no one wins.

I'm guilty of rolling into the lava multiple times during my first encounters with that boss. It was my punishment for not observing my surroundings before locking onto him. The funny thing is even when I decided to hang back, he used that beam attack to knock me into the lava.

Fun boss. It's funny co-oping for it and seeing hosts make the same mistakes.

Mistel

Banned
iW4Fhu2LmfWu2.jpg

Souls GAF, the fuck is wrong with her? I keep giving her shit to dress with, but everytime i'm back at Majula she just got undressed again (minus the hat, that one she's keeping on).
You need to give her a whole outfit at once no picking and choosing of pieces.

BadWolf

I'm guilty of rolling into the lava multiple times during my first encounters with that boss. It was my punishment for not observing my surroundings before locking onto him. The funny thing is even when I decided to hang back, he used that beam attack to knock me into the lava.

Fun boss. It's funny co-oping for it and seeing hosts make the same mistakes.

Yup, had to stop locking on altogether during that fight to stop getting in the lava by mistake.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
?

The host made a silly mistake in that fight, so I understand why R1CHO was frustrated. That doesn't make him a filthy casual nor should the game only be for "real hardcore gamerZ". Everyone is entitled to play the way they like within the rules of the game. Not sure where this anger is coming from. Relax, enjoy your game.

i was obviously being sarcastic because I hate comments like the one I quoted is all

garath

Alright then!

I just found out that you can actually repair the Ring of Life and Protection... wut?

Costs 3k right? Basically any time you have more than that, there you go! heh. Better than losing it all.

Tough with only 4 ring slots though. I have a hard time choosing as it is.

yatesl

Off topic, but I didn't want to make a new one. Instead of doing NG+ on Dark Souls 2, I'm trying Demons' Souls.

I'm definitely not enjoying it as much (partly because of the resolution/frame rate), but I will say one thing -- Dark Souls or Dark Souls 2 didn't give me anywhere near the feels that I got when I picked up the Storm Ruler sword in 4-4.

My God.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I wasn't aware until now that illusory walls changed to where you have to press X/A and no longer hit them. I thought people were just putting messages to mess around. :(

Sullichin

Off topic, but I didn't want to make a new one. Instead of doing NG+ on Dark Souls 2, I'm trying Demons' Souls.

I'm definitely not enjoying it as much (partly because of the resolution/frame rate), but I will say one thing -- Dark Souls or Dark Souls 2 didn't give me anywhere near the feels that I got when I picked up the Storm Ruler sword in 4-4.

My God.

Great moment. Good farming spot too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wasn't aware until now that illusory walls changed to where you have to press X/A and no longer hit them. I thought people were just putting messages to mess around. :(

most of them are which annoys me

Durante

So, what is the most painless (or should I say least painful?) way to get more Twinkling Titanite?

In any case, it's pretty unfair that stupid melee dudes get to upgrade their weapons with a different material, while casters have to use the same one for staves/chimes and armor.

spliced

After playing through the first time not reading messages I'm enjoying finding loads of stuff I never found, like using a different button to reveal illusory walls. They are all over the place. I saw the message graphic near all these walls the first time through but after hitting and rolling into those spots I figured they were trolls(granted some of them are).

I loved finding out you can drain the poison water in Earthen Peak, kind of a weird way to do it though. Fighting that boss in poison was a real pain the first time. I still don't get what the point is of being able to raise those vats of poison, never saw any messages about those.
The Pursuer seems to be the new Kirk, I saw him for the third time after beating Smelter.
I almost beat Smeltor the first time I met him, then of course lost to him a bunch of times after that until I started using a high fire defence shield I got in Doors of Pharros I think it was. That was a big help, I laughed at his flaming sword after that.

Going from a strength build to a caster has been nice and different, so far spells don't seem as powerful as in DS1. Some enemies hardly take any damage from sorc spells, early on I had to replay levels over and over because I ran out of casts. But there is a balance to it, some enemies are easier. Those exploding mummys in Bastille were a huge hassle for my strength based guy since I had to go right up to them and slowly slam down my club. But my caster can quickly fire off a soul arrow from distance and take them out, heck even my dagger takes them out since they don't have much health.

HoosTrax

So, what is the most painless (or should I say least painful?) way to get more Twinkling Titanite?

In any case, it's pretty unfair that stupid melee dudes get to upgrade their weapons with a different material, while casters have to use the same one for staves/chimes and armor.
ascetic Dragon Aerie, commence baby killing

(I'm not sure if the crystal lizards are actually dragon babies, but the wyverns certainly don't seem to mind their presence)

Probably some sort of Bonfire Ascetic farming spot is the fastest way.
I believe (not 100% certain) that the Giant's Bonfire 4 (beyond the door) has some hanging on a corpse.

Or you could be a true hero and hunt down all of the bugs. Some of those are bound to have twinkling titanite!

Leezard

all spoilers in this post are endgame areas:
Either farm
Memory of giants, outside the memory with the giant lord. You use bonfire ascetic, pick up the 3 twinkling titanite outside the memory, beat the boss and repeat. You get a bonfire ascetic during the boss fight so you won't run out.
, or
dragon aerie, you get 6 or so twinkling titanite from a run. There's no boss here which makes for easy farm.
, or finally
they drop from enemies in shrine of amana.
Just pick the one you think are the least painful. One of the first two should be the best, depending on what you prefer to kill.

Sullichin

That's so good.

It would be great to combine that with NG+7

I've been using seeds of the giant if I have one if I get invaded by blues. I don't want to lower my sin status (trying to get that wretch status). The couple of times I've had it used against me as an invader, I just black crystaled out.

Speaking of mobs in PVP though it's bullshit that you can't pass through enemies as an invader now. I've gotten stuck invading several times because an enemy is standing in front of me and he won't move.

yatesl

Great moment. Good farming spot too.

It felt like some anime. 4 levels of being shot through the back whilst running round cliffs. 50 arrows spent at the start trying to hit them. Decide to make a break for it to explore before I finally die, and then I pick it up.

There should have been a rocking background music change once you did. You know, like this.

Sullichin

Lol, melee dudes have it way tougher in this game than casters for various reasons. Plus lots of chimes/staff upgrade with normal titanite and weapons / armor with twinkling.

So, was curious about this. I remember in a preview FromSoft mentioned you could fight bosses before you get to their arena, but so far it has only happened once.

Not looking for explicit details, but is the one time the only time there is?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Once you hit rank 3 in Sunbro, there isn't much reason to use the large again. Just farm smooth and silky's or turn human.

I dont understand that, the latest patch says you regain *some* of your humanity, but I've been at 50% health cap and gone full human from helping out with a boss. Odd.

Mistel

Banned
So, was curious about this. I remember in a preview FromSoft mentioned you could fight bosses before you get to their arena, but so far it has only happened once.

Not looking for explicit details, but is the one time the only time there is?
Nope there is a boss before her area latter in the game on the new game +.

aravuus

Think I'll try playing with a more sorcery based character now, with normal swords as backup and a shield in left hand. Any starting tips, stuff to get right away or something just in general?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom