• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II PC |OT| Give us smooth, Give us silky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanctuary

"Cleric" would be the closest to that. (good weapon, heal right from the beginning)

For sure. Cleric is by far the best class if you're planning on tossing lightning bolts (obviously), but also makes bar none the best for an INT/FA (Hex) build as well. The only reason to ever pick Sorcerer is if you don't plan on putting anything into FA at all (i.e. you aren't going to Hex either).

Until From decides to tweak some of the skills, there's really no reason to even play a Sorcerer over a Hexer anyway. There's really only one defining Sorcery spell, but even with 40 ATT and either hat that gives you +1 casts, you only get two casts of it. Sorcery sucks bad early on compared to lightning spear, the early staff sucks compared to the free Hexing staff (that's also best in the game for Hexing too) that you can get 2-3 hours into the game, and Sorcery also doesn't get a good staff until way late unless you get extremely lucky on one enemy type that has two spawn locations. One of which has it so they never respawn after the first kill.

I for some reason picture the almighty Gaben... in a dark room with a solitary monitor showing the progress of my dark souls 2 unpacking... There are two buttons. One to decrease my unpacking time, and one to increase. He closes his eyes, and randomly clicks between the two buttons laughing with extreme joy at my dismay :(

Garcia

Unpacking times are random as fuck.

It's 9 minutes. LOL no, it's actually 15. Oh, I was just kidding, it's now 20, but wait, now it's 8 minutes. I'm on a horse.

JackEtc

Do you guys think I should play the first Dark Souls before getting this and trying it out?

I've never played a game in the series, most of my knowledge of the games has been from Giant Bomb's coverage. I don't really know what I'm getting into, just that I'm pretty fascinated by it all.

Argh, I preloaded the game earlier and Steam just updated the game before it unlocked, but it's crashing right away when I want to start it. Windows 8.1. with a Radeon HD 7700 here.

Durante

Until From decides to tweak some of the skills, there's really no reason to even play a Sorcerer over a Hexer anyway. There's really only one defining Sorcery spell, but even with 40 ATT and either hat that gives you +1 casts, you only get two casts of it.
Of course there is a reason.

Sorcery is intellectually superior.

;)

(I'm going pure Sorcery of course)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
stupid unpacking, I want to at least try it for a second before I have to go to work

QUICK QUESTION

I heard theres a way to have easier coop with friends

How do I do it? Something with the same covenants? Or rings or osmething?

Tan

tnjW1Au.png

I don't know what to believe

ShizWhiz

Neo Member
*at Valve headquarters*

Guys... guys let's... guys listen.

Let's launch the... guys

Let's launch the Steam update, alright

Let's launch it just before DS2, guys

Just before DS2 unlocks and starts downloading the patch.

moop1167

The DS1 SLI profile I used that gave me good scaling does not work in this game very well. It's the same one for Dark Age of Camelot.

If anyone finds a better SLI compatibility bit let me know!

Sanctuary

Of course there is a reason.

Sorcery is intellectually superior.

;)

(I'm going pure Sorcery of course)

Har har har. Actually, there's technically one valid reason: you just can't wait two hours to start casting offensive spells. That's the only downside of picking a Cleric over a Sorcerer for caster purposes. In the end it doesn't matter much though since the Cleric starts with such amazing gear in comparison, and even as a Sorcerer you're going to be doing melee anyway (the Cleric absolutely crushes them in this aspect too) for the first few hours.

Well, this is great. I reinstalled steam this morning so I could preload the game. Got asked to verify my account, said to check my e-mail for the verification code. That was 7 hours ago, still no e-mail. I've tried a dozen times, no e-mail. Can't log in until steam decides to send me that e-mail.

Steam is awesome.

Sendero

Do you guys think I should play the first Dark Souls before getting this and trying it out?
Play with the rest of us. These next days will be quite awesome.

And whenever you need help, just look for glowing written letters in the floor or walls, and summon someone. Jolly co-operation!

Save Dark Souls 1 for later.

Mkilbride

Banned
Guys.

About the Crow. I dropped an item for them. I lgoged out and in, nothing.

Well fuck, I just read the "Discard" is not the right to use. FUCKING GAME IS ALREADY PISSING ME OFF. WHY HAVE THAT OPTION?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom