• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mupod

Felt kinda bad for an invader in I
rithyll
D
ungeon
. I already had two sunbros with me, and then two Blue Sentinels spawned at the same for some reason, so he had five people running after him. Unfortunately right after we killed him the game crashed, which has been happening somewhat frequently on PS4.

I briefly felt bad for one invader that I accidentally summoned a blue for because I forgot I had the way of blue covenant on. But then said invader spent the next 10 minutes running through the level chugging estus and hiding behind every single mob he could find. I'd kill anything that aggroed while the blue chased him around in circles. Eventually put an arrow through his face while he was all smug next to a giant crystal lizard.

A giant seed would have been nice there. I traded my only one to the crows but apparently they come back? Wonder what the requirement is. I've been invaded a few times but it's fairly rare since I never summon help (intentionally).

Beat that PS boss you guys keep talking about. Honestly, not that tough took a couple of tries. I figured out that circle strafing combined with rolls was a great way to avoid attacks in phase 1. Phase 2, buff my uchigatana with Carthus Rouge and let the bleeding commence. Didn't need to summon.

LiK

I kind of like that change. It means I can better play Fashion Souls, instead of having to invest in an armor set and look the same all game.
yea, armor has always been the less important in terms of stats. Resists are important depending on situation but physical def is way less of a thing. I usually just wear whatever looks good anyway too.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Ok, I remember there being a ring
behind a destructible wall in Smouldering Lake, but I've turned off the ballista. Do I really need to go turn that thing on again if I want it, or can you break that wall through other means?

Beat that PS boss you guys keep talking about. Honestly, not that tough took a couple of tries. I figured out that circle strafing combined with rolls was a great way to avoid attacks in phase 1. Phase 2, buff my uchigatana with Carthus Rouge and let the bleeding commence. Didn't need to summon.

The first three or four tries I died within seconds and thought that it was going to be a long night. The moment I rolled behind him and saw that he misses most of his strikes I knew it won't last long. Amazing battle tho.

Ferr986

Lol the final boss is so unfair. Classic
"fuck it, lets make it that he can do everything".

And again
2 life bars

yea, armor has always been the less important in terms of stats. Resists are important depending on situation but physical def is way less of a thing. I usually just wear whatever looks good anyway too.

What are you wearing now? Lately I've been rocking Fire Witch helm and gloves with Pontiff Knight chest and legs.

KorrZ

What are you wearing now? Lately I've been rocking Fire Witch helm and gloves with Pontiff Knight chest and legs.

Fallen Knight set is the coolest I've found so far. Though I'm only at (Area name)
Anor Londo
so I'm hoping for much cooler things to come!

I briefly felt bad for one invader that I accidentally summoned a blue for because I forgot I had the way of blue covenant on. But then said invader spent the next 10 minutes running through the level chugging estus and hiding behind every single mob he could find. I'd kill anything that aggroed while the blue chased him around in circles. Eventually put an arrow through his face while he was all smug next to a giant crystal lizard.

A giant seed would have been nice there. I traded my only one to the crows but apparently they come back? Wonder what the requirement is. I've been invaded a few times but it's fairly rare since I never summon help (intentionally).

I usually find it after a few invasions, which happens frequently since I always use the Dried Finger when I'm playing. I like to think i'm helping out the Blue Sentinels and Darkmoons make their farming a bit easier by always being invaded.

dealer-

Lol the final boss is so unfair. Classic
"fuck it, lets make it that he can do everything".

And again
2 life bars

Lol yeah, just attack during his normal and magic phases, then jog to the other side of the arena when he turns into a sword ninja.

Fallen Knight looks really good, as does Undead Legion. Early game I had Drank set plus Thief Mask.

I'm currently rocking the Undead Legion helmet and armor, with Dark Gauntlets and Legs. Looks pretty cool. I kind of like the Drang Armor as well, the fur makes you look pretty swag.

I love Fashion Souls.

J-Rod

I think there is a chance of it respawning after every invasion and is guaranteed respawn after 3.

Ok, I remember there being a ring
behind a destructible wall in Smouldering Lake, but I've turned off the ballista. Do I really need to go turn that thing on again if I want it, or can you break that wall through other means?

afaik, ballista is the only way.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I got summoned twice for the first boss but the first time I could see the other players but not Vordt and the second time I couldn't enter the fog door at all.

Is multiplayer straight up broken or did I have bad luck?

LiK

I'm currently rocking the Undead Legion helmet and armor, with Dark Gauntlets and Legs. Looks pretty cool. I kind of like the Drang Armor as well, the fur makes you look pretty swag.

I love Fashion Souls.

Speaking of fur, I haven't seen the main cover armor from DkS2 in this.

Cruxist

So, what's the suggested level range for the Wolf covenant? I joined last night but haven't been summoned once. I still see a bunch of summon signs all around the area though.

Moff

The solution to every boss fight in this game if you're having trouble is this:

1) Be a caster
2) Wreck everything

some are pushovers as pyro, some are a lot harder, though
that's the great things about the souls games (unlike bloodborne), so much more variety that makes the game truly different for different builds

kencey

I love Fashion Souls.

I'm using Undead Armor, Fallen Knight Helm and Dark Leg and Boots.
Farming Dark Amor but it won't drooooopp..... :( sad

saturnine

Speaking of fur, I haven't seen the main cover armor from DkS2 in this.

I think it becomes available for purchase after you kill an unique hostile npc wearing it late in the game.

Speaking of armour, where the hell is the Drakeblood set hidden? I keep seeing pieces in the loading screens, but I never managed to find it in my 100% playthrough.

Zafir

I've been wearing the Fallen Knight set purely for Fashion Souls reasons. :p

There isn't very many good looking higher armour sets imo . :(

laxu

Phase 2 is easier.
He loses his long combos. His jumping attack and projectile are easily negated and punished. Remember that the clone does the exact same shit so you have to wait out a second dodge.

I'd use a shield here, honestly. Strafe around to your right and keep shield up, punish after he whiffs and drop your shield now and then to regain stamina faster. When stamina is low, prepare a roll. Invis frames increase ring was key here.

You can punish when he summons his shadow, but watch out for the dark AoE.

Thanks for the tips! Took him down, with all my Estus flasks gone.

Jamesways

Anyone know what this armor set is?
07j9nqz_zpsmngktwys.jpg

Can't find the name yet.

Thanks

RedAssedApe

Banned
Just beat Crystal Sage.

Pyro starting class...been having trouble deciding what to pump my stats into in the short term. 20 Vig, 20 End, Dex 12, Attunement 14. Think everything else might be the default at the moment but not in front of the game.

Glove+3, Astora Sword +3, and Fire Axe+3

I know people say to pump Int/Faith but it sounds like I won't be getting Dark or etc. infusing for awhile? Also only have fire orb and fireball so far and they don't really seem that useful damage wise.

Kind of want to try the Uchikatana but would be annoyed if I did that and didn't like it lol Thoughts?

Also...what do you guys think is the most versatile armor set? Or do they end up being pretty situational and I should just go fuck it...Fashion Souls.

daninthemix

One thing I do think's tedious about DS3 is how many miniboss-class enemies there are that respawn (e.g. gargoyles, black goo, giant fat knight in High Wall). It was always satisfying beating those larger enemies in the past games, knowing that you'd made the area a bit safer, but here they're just a nuisance to be avoided every time you run through the level.

ElFly

Don't really feel that mimics are that scary now. The first one fucks you cause you are low level, but after that you do enough damage to finish them in a few swings. Hiding behind cover and walking under its kicks works really well.

For the cathedral one you prolly want to attract him to a room with columns and other objects you can cover behind; luckily there is one just next to it.

I've been wearing the Fallen Knight set purely for Fashion Souls reasons. :p

There isn't very many good looking higher armour sets imo . :(

I rocked the Fallen Knight set until I beat the A
byss Watchers
and said to myself "I want to look like THAT!" So I did. I do like the Fire Witch helm that I got as a drop a little later, though.

I know what my final armor set will be, though, but I've heard it only shows up late game so I'm just killing time until I find it.

Zocano

Don't really feel that mimics are that scary now. The first one fucks you cause you are low level, but after that you do enough damage to finish them in a few swings. Hiding behind cover and walking under its kicks works really well.

For the cathedral one you prolly want to attract him to a room with columns and other objects you can cover behind; luckily there is one just next to it.

The problem is mostly that for familiar players, they know how to handle mimics and there are quite a few of them. There's little "surprise!".

Unfortunately they didn't experiment with different kinds of mimics.

ElFly

I feel lIke it's way slower than previous games. I've killed myself so many times because of this, and frequently do more harm than good when healing on a boss.

Well, in DS2 it was slow, but couldn't you upgrade the speed iirc?

I feel the Estus heals waaay too fast. A ton of times I will drink estus unsafely, get hit, and still get healed to 75% or more.

The animation itself is not short, but let's be honest here, it is not slow by any means. You can step bck from a fight, Estus, and go back into it no problem.

Honestly, the Estus animation should be slower, and regeneration should stop period if you are hit during the chugging.

Soodanim

Fuck. I just resorted to looking at a guide after running round several areas several times like lost little lamb and amassing 150k souls. I even took the time to put down a nice nostalgia message right near where I needed to go (I swear I tried the switch before and it didn't work).

The fuck is because I couldn't help but notice just how many NPCs and quest lines I haven't seen. Anri I've only seen twice and she's never done much of anything, and an old name to the series I've not even fucking seen! Is it because I was mostly unembered?

squadr0n

what is the best upgrade path for the Uchigatana? Currently its at +5, should I infuse it and if so when is the best time too and with what type? What is considered the best katana? I just found the Dark Blade too but it doesnt seem to be any better, could be wrong though.

what is the best upgrade path for the Uchigatana? Currently its at +5, should I infuse it and if so when is the best time too and with what type? What is considered the best katana? I just found the Dark Blade too but it doesnt seem to be any better, could be wrong though.
I infused mine with sharp. Doesn't matter when you infuse you get the same bonus regardless. But in general the extra stat scaling doesn't really kick in until a little later in the game.

Can anyone tell me if I can buy twinkling titanite at some point? I just found the third bonfire at
irithyll the boreal valley
and I'd like to try some weapons that use it but I don't want to sacrifice upgrading the
irithyll straight sword
cuz I like it a lot. Also when it becomes available or how to make it available if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom