• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrS

Banned
I'm shaking like a shitting dog after beating
Aldrich
I've had about 50 attempts at taking him out over the last three days or so. What a bastard of a boss
It's so interesting to see which bosses people find difficult. I killed
Aldrich
solo in 2 tries, but I really struggled with A
byss Watchers
and
Pontiff
which a lot of people found easy. Gotta love Dark Souls!

ZangBa

Host thought he was cute sneaking up behind me until he ate this instant death 2 hit combo. BKGA is so good. The damage. Oh, the damage.

RedAssedApe

Banned
do npc phantom summon signs respawn after awhile or do they get moved to another location if the phantom kills you.

got killed by hodrick in
road of sacrifices
and the sign isnt there anymore

I finished the game last night. Checked the wiki and I didn't miss a single boss! :D Playtime was just over 30 hours, which included 3 hours of invading/helping people with bosses, so everything was down in around 27 hours. Definitely the shortest run I've had in a Souls game but I really enjoyed the ride.

2AdEPT

FINALLY, beat the W
atchers
solo.
..it was so tempting to hire help and be done with it...but I used a different tactic instead that pushed it over the edge....kiting the
darkwraiths
to the fog door meses with the watchers AI ..even the final one, which gives you time to buff up and heal etc....even still I noticed I forgot to use all my rings ><.

Am I totally screwed out of respecing this game if I
accidentally killed Rosaria before joining the covenant?
you can bring her back by taking her
ashes
back to that location [I think]...if you spent her ashes, you may be out of luck for this playthrough...but keep in mind playing blind will ensure there are multiple missed storylines etc. it happens to all of us.

In my fight he basically killed the boss on his own.I did nothing
People need to realize there is a large amount of variability in the AI in this series...its what makes it the GOAT in my opinion.

Sephzilla

My friend is trying to tell me he's better than me because he summoned two people to beat N
amelss
K
ing
while I solo'd it, because summoning people gives the boss more health...

Well to be fair, I actually think N
amelss
K
ing
's first stage is harder with phantoms because it's harder to bait certain attacks from him.

Hopefully I find a good strength weapon soon for the end game. I've been using the heavy claymore for like 30 hours now. I'd use the dark sword but it seems like every other strength user is also using it..

On the final boss of NG++. I won't beat it since this is my PvP character and I have all the gear I wanted now. At SL 100 and thinking of using a respec to go for a quality build. I usually min max but that is when they were farmable in DS2. To prevent running out of respecs I just want to make a Melee build that can use anything,

I am waiting on the community to see if most people go above 125 so I am locked at 100 for now. Is 35 on STR/DEX too low? Thinking of something like

Vig 30
Att 10
End 30
Vit 20
Str 35
Dex 35
Int 9
Fth 9
Lcl 7

I think I have a few points left over somewhere and if the meta moves up I'll pump a few stats backup. Thoughts?

Anyone know if you use up a respec if you go into the menu but cancel out without hitting rebirth?

2AdEPT

Well to be fair, I actually think N
amelss
K
ing
's first stage is harder with phantoms because it's harder to bait certain attacks from him.

Yeah its comparing apples and oranges....friend one is better at doign X friend two was better at doing Y .....who cares.

Sullichin

On the final boss of NG++. I won't beat it since this is my PvP character and I have all the gear I wanted now. At SL 100 and thinking of using a respec to go for a quality build. I usually min max but that is when they were farmable in DS2. To prevent running out of respecs I just want to make a Melee build that can use anything,

I am waiting on the community to see if most people go above 125 so I am locked at 100 for now. Is 35 on STR/DEX too low? Thinking of something like

Vig 30
Att 10
End 30
Vit 20
Str 35
Dex 35
Int 9
Fth 9
Lcl 7

I think I have a few points left over somewhere and if the meta moves up I'll pump a few stats backup. Thoughts?

Anyone know if you use up a respec if you go into the menu but cancel out without hitting rebirth?

It won't use the respec or the pale tounge if you cancel out on the stat reallocation screen

I hope they go batshit insane with the dlc because these games are getting so predictable and are losing a lot of their challenge and charm if you've played some entries before.

Can anyone give me a rough idea of an end game strength build stat distribution? I got to 40 strength, now I don't know which other stats to max.. halp

My main, and only, weapon is a Heavy +10 Dark Sword.

Level dex and infuse Dark Sword with Refined Gem. It scales B / B
I have 40 Strength and 24 Dex. 404 damage, lol.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
So after hitting a brick wall in the
Demon Ruins
I killed the Demon Boss and then went back and tried Wjolnir again after being 1HKO'd by him the first time I tried him a while back.
This time I killed him in one go and it took less than 60 seconds. I just ran up to the bracelets and took them down in 6 swings each. He didn't even damage me, very strange fight.

Fuck me the view of the valley just afterwards is absolutely stunning, the 3rd or 4th in the game. I just love the epic scope of the game world as I get further and further away from the castle

Lost like 30,000+ Souls tonight in I
rithyll
D
ungeon
thanks to my HP turning to 0.0005 and then an enemy tapping me on the shoulder and killing me. I was pissed. This game just got a lot harder all of a sudden. There's no shortcuts anywhere in this area and FUCK the
Mimic
too, who did a flying kick of death, as I was running away.

what-ok

It's so interesting to see which bosses people find difficult. I killed
Aldrich
solo in 2 tries, but I really struggled with A
byss Watchers
and
Pontiff
which a lot of people found easy. Gotta love Dark Souls!
So true. Took out
dancer
first try before any flames, but that
rotted tree
killed me multiple times.

Quick question. Is there a wiki where you can find out how many people you could summon in a certain area? It took me andy friends a while to realize that some areas only allow you to summon one person, rather than 2. You can still use the Undead finger to summon an extra person ,like everywhere else, but I hate having to use that as a test. The areas I have found this to be am issue are (so far): the Halfpoint bonfire at the
Road of Sacrifice
and the area after the
Irithyll of the Boreal Valley
boss bonfire.

Onemic

Lost like 30,000+ Souls tonight in I
rithyll
D
ungeon
thanks to my HP turning to 0.0005 and then an enemy tapping me on the shoulder and killing me. I was pissed. This game just got a lot harder all of a sudden. There's no shortcuts anywhere in this area and FUCK the
Mimic
too, who did a flying kick of death, as I was running away.

As soon as you see one you gotta rush it and kill it immediately. Give them no time to use their spell. If you're not in the lower level of the dungeon, I'll just let you know that there's an area that's even worse. :)

Also always head back to the shrine if you have enough souls to level yourself up. Always.

Timeaisis

OK, I need help.

Nameless King
. I have gotten to phase two a handful of times, which I want to keep at it and learn his attacks. Problem is, the camera is so shitty in phase 1 that I die randomly like 80% of the time, so I only ever get to phase 2 once and a while. it's super frustrating. The
dragon
is easy enough to down, doesn't take many hits, but some of the attacks are nigh undodgeable. Like
downward fire breath
. I've tried running, dodging, everything, it still gets me. Couple that with the attacks I don't see because the camera is complete shit, and I end up dying on phase 1 all the time.

I wish I could just skip to phase 2 and play that a bunch, seems like a cool boss. Stupid phase boss battle shit. Any advice on surviving phase 1 and getting to phase 2 quickly? I just want to learn his damn moveset, but it's tough when there's this annoying as hell roadblock in the way.

ExVicis

Guys I just beat P
ontiff
with a goddamn throwing knife. It feels so goddamn good. Oh man I love this game so much. This feeling is amazing.

Man, all those talk about DS3 finally made me take the plunge. I was playing through DS2:SotFS, but I just really am not a fan of a lot of the areas/changes in the game (seriously, there's like 3 or 4 areas with a poison gimmick in a row! and projectiles tracking you is super annoying).

Can't wait to play DS3. Probably gonna bounce back and forth between the two until I finish the DLC areas in DS2.

Mupod

I find it hilarious that no matter what build I end up using in a Souls game I'm apparently playing in 'easy mode'. This time to avoid that I decided I'd just be a plain ass regular str/dex knight with no magic and an early game straight sword upgraded as I went along. Literally the most vanilla character possible. But that is apparently easy mode this time too. I can't win.

neoism

mother of fucking god ...what shit luck....

ppl really suck at this geem....

25 trys on dancer boss.. only won 4 times...

-___________-

wtf

Mupod

I'm loving the ENB run but like some others said it's reaaally slow. Still, every ep is worth it though

been watching it as I work out. It's amazing how he's able to find stuff blind that I didn't catch even on 2-3 runs through an area but yeah he takes his sweet time.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I'm loving the ENB run but like some others said it's reaaally slow. Still, every ep is worth it though

The parts of him discussing lore were pretty obnoxious though. 'I REALLY hope they find a way to tie all this together to make sense otherwise its going to be a huge fail!'. When has any DS game definitively put a bow on any story elements? Never. It's always been vastly open to interpretation. Other than that though <3 ENB. I hope he can actually record his entire first run this time.

Frillen

N
ameless
C
unt
beaten! YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS

wekljcekvwklencwlkncewlkncewølkcnwlkcnwklenwlkncew

fuk me suck my dick

that was awesome

I must have lost 10 pounds the last two hours. I'm sweating like a pig.

fewkjhfwkjefhw

My heartbeat during that last part.

cwlechwkjehn

OK, I need help.

Nameless King
. I have gotten to phase two a handful of times, which I want to keep at it and learn his attacks. Problem is, the camera is so shitty in phase 1 that I die randomly like 80% of the time, so I only ever get to phase 2 once and a while. it's super frustrating. The
dragon
is easy enough to down, doesn't take many hits, but some of the attacks are nigh undodgeable. Like
downward fire breath
. I've tried running, dodging, everything, it still gets me. Couple that with the attacks I don't see because the camera is complete shit, and I end up dying on phase 1 all the time.

I wish I could just skip to phase 2 and play that a bunch, seems like a cool boss. Stupid phase boss battle shit. Any advice on surviving phase 1 and getting to phase 2 quickly? I just want to learn his damn moveset, but it's tough when there's this annoying as hell roadblock in the way.

I was a strength build so I don't know how applicable this may be to you, but this was my strategy for both phases.

Setup:

Equip the heaviest armor set you can that still lets you roll with the highest lightning def. Do not use an ember to start the fight. Save that for the start of Phase 2. That way you don't burn through all your embers. Have two shields equipped. Both 100% Physical. One with High Fire Def. (Dragon Crest Shield) one with High Lighting Def. (Lothric Knight Shield?).

Phase 1:

Run straight ahead to start the fight. Get in lock on range. This will usually trigger the jump behind and Lightning Slam attack. Dodge to left or right hit dragon head 2-3 times. Stay close. He usually follows up with Two swipes, Dodge them both, hit the head 2-3 times again. At this point the AI resets for me. He might do a single downward slam or he might fly. Slam is easy enough to dodge. The fly has the Lighting Spear and then flying swipe. Again simple dodges. At some point, the dragon gets staggered and you can critical attack him. Just walk up to the head and R1. His Fire breath should be easily blockable for minimal damage. I just walked though it and whacked him 2-3 times.
Phase 2:

Pop that ember. Switch to Lightining Def Shield. Get close. Strafe to his sword side. His energy wave hits are more dangerous than his actual attacks in my experience. Dodge or block what you can. Back off when he does his lightning strikes. Stomp, Ground, Lightning Bolt. The bolt hits a second after he raises his sword into the air. Make sure to drop your shield between hits to recover stamina. His most vunerable attacks are the lunge, flying lunge. Dodge into them and you should have 2-3 hits before you need to back off. Trying to attack him after other attacks is asking for trouble.

Good Luck.

pixxxelz

Made to the
dancer
last night, how far from the end am I? I want to do some PvP before going to ng+.

Also
that little trip to anor londo was fucking depressing, freaking aldritch..

TheFlow

Banned
OK, I need help.

Nameless King
dragon
downward fire breath

Lol keep the camera unlock. The first phase can be memorized

Is reinforcing staffs worth doing? On the stat screen it looks like it just increases physical damage and not the Spell Buff stat, so I'm guessing it's not really worth it?

I also found a staff recently that actually has a lower spell buff stat than the one I found at the beginning of the game, 60 vs 100. Am I not understand how this works? Seems the later one is actually worse.

Frillen

Also, when do you cloud save to get the three different endings? I know I'm locked out of one of them, but I want the three gold trophies for the first three at least. Do you decide after the last boss fight or before? Also, when you choose an ending will that begin NG+?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom