• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liamc723

Also, when do you cloud save to get the three different endings? I know I'm locked out of one of them, but I want the three gold trophies for the first three at least. Do you decide after the last boss fight or before? Also, when you choose an ending will that begin NG+?

Thanks!

Yes, do the cloud save trick after beating the final boss. You will only get 2 gold trophies though.

You can choose to go back to your original game after the ending. You then begin NG+ from the Firelink bonfire.

As soon as you see one you gotta rush it and kill it immediately. Give them no time to use their spell. If you're not in the lower level of the dungeon, I'll just let you know that there's an area that's even worse. :)

Also always head back to the shrine if you have enough souls to level yourself up. Always.

Yeah I figured that out, I got to the lower level of the dungeon and there's
a really hard to kill giant in a tight space and enemy mobs everywhere.
The real fight begins now, it seems.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Meh. I just can't see the fun in this. If they were cooping and improvised this ambush on the fly that's cool but just repeatedly doing that to every invader they lure.... How is this fun? Just being a dick for its own sake.

The price you pay for trying to hamper someone's progress, I'd say.
Gankers are not questers, they refer to players who stick around at a specific place on purpose to ambush invaders (or even gank red signs).

Mimics don't mess around:

(catacombs spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7KpkC_YJKI
Holy shit that is amazing... I have to try that next playthrough!

I'm glad Dark Souls 3 got rid of those pointless shitty consumables from 2. Outside the Life Gems, Human Effigy and Herbs all the other consumables served no purpose as they take a long ass time to use and having no use while invading.
Brightbugs, yo. Best item in the series. :p

There's another place you can respec.
...There is?

Cycles are a theme of the games. In reality though, From recycles way too much shit. A shitty, bland poison swamp area in 5 straight games? Really?
There isn't a poison swamp in Dark Souls 2. ;) But there is a poison-themed area I guess.

Valley of Defilement was Miyazaki's favourite level in Demon's Souls. Expect a poison swamp in every Soulsborne game. It's a tradition. Personally I think they're pretty neat. *shrugs*

Is Fextralife known for spouting utter bullshit?
Yes, but...
In their Yhorm page they said "WARNING: having
Siegward
in this fight makes it substantially easier".

Well I had him in the fight, and he died within 15 seconds, having done no damage to the boss.
In this case Fextralife is correct. For me,
Siegward carried the entire fight. xD I was attacking Yhorm and doing piss-poor damage then every now and then he'd huge a lose chunk. I had no idea what was going on. Then after the fact I found the Stormruler and went "ohhhhhh". xD Thanks, Onionbro.

Steeven

Jesus christ, was having an OK time with the game in terms of difficulty until
the part of Anor Londo, if it wasn't invasions it was a black knight or the area boss. Died so many times and got so pissed, but then I remembered DS1 and that was pretty much the same. Eventually overcame the area which feels fulfilling. Completely ignored that shit downstairs with those two rat/wolf things that kill you in no time.

Must be doing something wrong though, because it's either human opponents that parry-spam you or actually manage to kill you in 1-2 hits.

SDR-UK

Anybody having issues with a few covenants? For the life of me I cannot seem to be summoned whilst in the
Darkmoon Blades
or the
Blue Sentinals
and therefore I cannot get a certain miracle in order to get me closer to the all important platinum. I have consistently worn one of these rings and played through the entire game, only to be summoned a grand total of one time!

I am also having trouble farming the required item offline. I boosted luck statistic, wore the Symbol of Avarice, put on the Gold Serpent Ring and farmed the
Anor Londo
bonfire for a solid three hours last night and around the same today.

Any ideas, guys?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Is there a particularly good spot to farm souls? I just got to Boreal Valley and feel a bit under-levelled.

Onemic

Yeah I figured that out, I got to the lower level of the dungeon and there's
a really hard to kill giant in a tight space and enemy mobs everywhere.
The real fight begins now, it seems.

I'm a pyro, so the giant was super easy, but if you have a decent bow, just buy a ton of arrows and just shoot it to death from behind the door, he cant hit you.

Also, soon you'll see what I mean when I said there's an area that's worse.

LiK

Anybody having issues with a few covenants? For the life of me I cannot seem to be summoned whilst in the
Darkmoon Blades
or the
Blue Sentinals
and therefore I cannot get a certain miracle in order to get me closer to the all important platinum. I have consistently worn one of these rings and played through the entire game, only to be summoned a grand total of one time!

I am also having trouble farming the required item offline. I boosted luck statistic, wore the Symbol of Avarice, put on the Gold Serpent Ring and farmed the
Anor Londo
bonfire for a solid three hours last night and around the same today.

Any ideas, guys?

Online covenants are currently fucked. You are not alone.

Covenant drops are low so that's normal.

Chorazin

Lost like 30,000+ Souls tonight in I
rithyll
D
ungeon
thanks to my HP turning to 0.0005 and then an enemy tapping me on the shoulder and killing me. I was pissed. This game just got a lot harder all of a sudden. There's no shortcuts anywhere in this area and FUCK the
Mimic
too, who did a flying kick of death, as I was running away.

Use those
charms you can buy from the Shrine Maiden that prevent estus use. You can throw them at minics and they sleep for a short while. Wail on it. Repeat. when it starts to move.

Taruranto

Alright, done with
Dragon Peak
Area was kinda weirdly designed, with the teleporting after the first boss and the shortcut near the second bonfire that brings you... near the first one. Wut?

Now I dunno if I want to do the final boss and go into NG+ or tackle a new chara. Could also respec into a full mage for NG+, but I don't wanna level up too much because right now I'm in a sweet spot where I get summoned in most end-game areas asap.

Does the game pick up in its latter half? I'm making my way through the
catacombs
and I'm really starting to feel fatigued. Everything feels too similar to the other Souls games and the boss designs habe been the worst in the series for me so far.

SDR-UK

Online covenants are currently fucked. You are not alone.

Covenant drops are low so that's normal.

Appreciate the heads up, thank you!

I guess I'll sit and wait on a patch/regulation update then, because as far as I know, the item I require can only be found two times during a play-through, thus I don't fancy going through the game another 12 times to get them.

Hopefully they get fixed soon, I was close to the platinum of the game before this halted any and all progress.

Fuser

Jesus christ, was having an OK time with the game in terms of difficulty until
the part of Anor Londo, if it wasn't invasions it was a black knight or the area boss. Died so many times and got so pissed, but then I remembered DS1 and that was pretty much the same. Eventually overcame the area which feels fulfilling. Completely ignored that shit downstairs with those two rat/wolf things that kill you in no time.

Must be doing something wrong though, because it's either human opponents that parry-spam you or actually manage to kill you in 1-2 hits.

Yep I have had the same experience. I ended up just running through the area to unlock the shortcut to the boss, but that boss is wiping me out. Must have tried 30 times now.
No idea how much I missed in the area but screw fighting those knights.

neoism

Meh. I just can't see the fun in this. If they were cooping and improvised this ambush on the fly that's cool but just repeatedly doing that to every invader they lure.... How is this fun? Just being a dick for its own sake.

Gankers are not questers, they refer to players who stick around at a specific place on purpose to ambush invaders (or even gank red signs).

Holy shit that is amazing... I have to try that next playthrough!

Brightbugs, yo. Best item in the series. :p

...There is?

There isn't a poison swamp in Dark Souls 2. ;) But there is a poison-themed area I guess.

Valley of Defilement was Miyazaki's favourite level in Demon's Souls. Expect a poison swamp in every Soulsborne game. It's a tradition. Personally I think they're pretty neat. *shrugs*

Yes, but...

In this case Fextralife is correct. For me,
Siegward carried the entire fight. xD I was attacking Yhorm and doing piss-poor damage then every now and then he'd huge a lose chunk. I had no idea what was going on. Then after the fact I found the Stormruler and went "ohhhhhh". xD Thanks, Onionbro.

onion bro quest....

i fucked it up really bad...
still got the armor...though by freeing him.. then killing him....
😭

ExVicis

I was just thinking about that the other day. They went super mimic heavy in this one.

Really? I've found way more real chests and I'm a decent ways in the game. The only place I can really think that there's a ton of mimics at is the
Dungeon
and beyond that it's been a few one-off instances.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Use those
charms you can buy from the Shrine Maiden that prevent estus use. You can throw them at minics and they sleep for a short while. Wail on it. Repeat. when it starts to move.
Even better;
just throw the charm, loot the chest while it's sleeping, then ignore the mimic completely after that.

Remember when Mimics used to come as a surprise?

I think I've only found about 3 real chests in this one, and about 47 Mimics.
Hahahaha, no lies.

onion bro quest....

i fucked it up really bad...
still got the armor...though by freeing him.. then killing him....
😭
You monster :( why would you do that?

Actually I wonder... about Siegward,
I got his slab and he joined me for Yhorm but it trivialized the boss. So to experience the boss "properly", can I still do the quest and get the titanite slab? He gives the slab after being rescued right? Any way to make him NOT appear at Yhorm without killing him in his cell? I'd feel bad... :(

Steel

Banned

Yeah, people that sit around waiting to four on 1 a lone dark spirit are boring as fuck.

On the other hand, when you get 3 dark spirits vs 3-4 summons/host, that's where the PVP in this game shines. Not to mention the moments where you actually win a 3v1 are pretty damn awesome.

Fortunately for this, they changed how red signs work so that the person summoned by a red sign is spawned in a random place like a regular invader.

Plum

When a duel comes down to a matter of individual frames you just know it's a good one.
42i1VGG.jpg

StMeph

Not sure why it matters how many Mimics there are. Standard operating procedure for opening any chest in the game should be to hit it twice, just in case the first hit glanced off of a wall or something. You don't even need to read Messages. Plus if you see a pool (or multiple pools) of blood, you know that the chances of a Mimic are 99%.

Onemic

also
just one thing....

FUCK jailors worst enemy ever...
��

You havent faced those brain things in Bloodborne have you...

Not sure why it matters how many Mimics there are. Standard operating procedure for opening any chest in the game should be to hit it twice, just in case the first hit glanced off of a wall or something. You don't even need to read Messages. Plus if you see a pool (or multiple pools) of blood, you know that the chances of a Mimic are 99%.

You'll also notice the chest 'breathing' if you look closely.

Plum

I just look at the chain coming off it. If it's circled round on the floor it's safe, if it's straightened out it's a mimic. No need to hit anything.

Citadel

So last night I ran into an issue where all the phantoms I had summoned (and been invaded by) did not seem to have any animations triggering at all, but would instead float. I couldn't see their attacks or movement at all, which screwed me over when I was invaded by a Red who had a huge sword - I couldn't tell how far his reach was because of this. Anyone else see this? I'm currently at
Farron Keep

What are soft cap levels?
There are diminishing marginal returns to increasing a stat after you hit the soft cap. I'm making up these numbers, but let's say when you increase Vitality from 1 to 20 you get 50 HP per level, but starting at 21 you only get 15 per level. 20 is a "soft" cap since you can still increase Vitality if you want to, but there's a drop off in the benefit you get so your souls are probably better spent on a stat you haven't reached the soft cap for since it will have a larger impact on your stats.

God damn the
Nameless King
it just wrecks my shit. I am able to beat phase 1 without using anything but this guy just beats the shit out of me...

LiK

It was fun when they were rare so you're not sure if ts a mimic. I played offline and my first Mimic experience in DkS1 was quite vivid. Ah memories

Does the game pick up in its latter half? I'm making my way through the
catacombs
and I'm really starting to feel fatigued. Everything feels too similar to the other Souls games and the boss designs habe been the worst in the series for me so far.

Have you been through
Irithyll Dungeon
yet? Atmosphere as thick as
Tower of Latria
even more oppressive too due to its length (it's kicking my butt). The area after the Catacombs was good as is the boss of the Catacombs itself, imo.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
On the other hand, when you get 3 dark spirits vs 3-4 summons/host, that's where the PVP in this game shines. Not to mention the moments where you actually win a 3v1 are pretty damn awesome.
I won a 3v1 in every game except this one so far (haven't PvPed much), but it's still a bit annoying. Especially now that it's possible, even likely, to find a 5v1... -_-

I wish I had a 3v3, now that'd be fun, but it doesn't seem that common outside of, maybe, the
Aldrich Faithful
covenant?

Fortunately for this, they changed how red signs work so that the person summoned by a red sign is spawned in a random place.
They did that in DS2 too. It doesn't help much. You typically backtrack to find the host and if he's waiting with phantoms, well... good luck. Fortunately so far that happened only once, but I dropped a red sign like only 4-5 times (in the Cathedral around the bonfire) before moving on, so I don't quite like those odds. xD

Steel

Banned
I get in a good three hits with my weapon so why would I need any more?

I pretty much dumped into Vigor when I got to 40 STR, and I'm wearing the life ring.

I can actually see that with a big weapon. I'd still like the endurance for rolls, personally. Either case, nice job surviving with that sliver. I love it when duels come down to the last hair.

I won a 3v1 in every game except this one so far (haven't PvPed much), but it's still a bit annoying. Especially now that it's possible, even likely, to find a 5v1... -_-

I wish I had a 3v3, now that'd be fun, but it doesn't seem that common outside of, maybe, the
Aldrich Faithful
covenant?

They did that in DS2 too. It doesn't help much. You typically backtrack to find the host and if he's waiting with phantoms, well... good luck. Fortunately so far that happened only once, but I dropped a red sign like only 4-5 times (in the Cathedral of course) before moving on, so I don't quite like those odds. xD

That covenant area and the other one like it are where I mostly found 3v4s. When it happens it's simply epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom