• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
94 with a +10 weapon.
Grand Archives/Lothric Castle
is another good area for being summoned at this level.

EDIT: Yesterday I got around 10 Proof of Concords after a couple hours of time spent in
Lothric Castle and Grand Archives.
Make sure not to stand in any boss rooms because it stops searching in them.

will do, thanks.

Is upgrading in NG+ harder which is why most guides say to upgrade as much as you can or is it to just prepare for the jump in difficulty?

Thanks Zocano

So I killed
Yhorm
, took me like 7 tries because the battle is incredibly long since I fucked up the first time and got
Siegfried
killed and then I died.
Am I an idiot or what? His moveset are predictible yet it took me all my estus flask to kill him and 12 fighting minutes.

How do I get up there? And yea game doesn't look like that while playing Oo

Go up the stairs to your left. Once through the archway hook a left and fall to the path below. There'll be a bonfire and a path leading to the roof.
Be careful when going under the arch because there's 3 guys on top of it throwing fire bombs.

mujun

So I killed
Yhorm
, took me like 7 tries because the battle is incredibly long since I fucked up the first time and got
Siegfried
killed and then I died.
Am I an idiot or what? His moveset are predictible yet it took me all my estus flask to kill him and 12 fighting minutes.

Gotta grab something from near his throne. Makes the fight like a minute long or something.

Caim

So I killed
Yhorm
Siegfried
killed and then I died.

Did you use the
Storm Ruler
?

usp84

So I killed
Yhorm
Siegfried
killed and then I died.

Did you use the
stormruler?

Edit beaten lol!

Caim

Umm I got it yeah but didn't pay attention to what it was and just used my own blade.

Oh okay you gotta
charge it up via the battle art button (maxes out at two charges) and when you press R1 you do this special attack. Kills him in about 4 hits.

and I'm getting
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom ad nauseam.

Really need to look into your router settings. Sounds like NAT problems. Odds are that just making sure uPnP is enabled will automatically fix a lot of NAT issues on any non-ancient router.

Seen a few folks getting this in co-op...pretty rare.

Gorger

Is there any chance we could establish a password to use for coop/pvp for all of gaf? That DS3Gaf seems like it would be an easy one. Then we could potentially do covenant grinding parties.

I am going for my sunbro symbols, so if any gaffers need help with bosses just add me.

PS4, same name as neogaf.

Wait... you beat him without using
Stormruler?
? How long did that take? Oh man...

12 minutes. :/

https://youtu.be/_q01SS_3BRE

Oh okay you gotta
charge it up via the battle art button (maxes out at two charges) and when you press R1 you do this special attack. Kills him in about 4 hits.

So that's why everyone was saying that he's easy... -_-
Well, at least I had a cool battle tho.

ryan13ts

Anyone up for for co-op'ing
Archdragon Peak for fun
with me (Xbox One)? I already beat the last boss, but found out about this area before I started NG+. Someone with a mic would be preferable

Really need to look into your router settings. Sounds like NAT problems. Odds are that just making sure uPnP is enabled will automatically fix a lot of NAT issues on any non-ancient router.

Seen a few folks getting this in co-op...pretty rare.

NAT's open but I do think I'm I need to poke around with some of the ports and such. I was getting some issues with maintaining a connection to The Division servers and my ping sometimes jumps up with CoD I've noticed. That being said aside from launch day I really hadn't experienced many issues with summoning or invading until this boss.

Persona7

Banned
NAT's open but I do think I'm I need to poke around with some of the ports and such. I was getting some issues with maintaining a connection to The Division servers and my ping sometimes jumps up with CoD I've noticed. That being said aside from launch day I really hadn't experienced many issues with summoning or invading until this boss.

Definitely enable UPNP.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I've invaded well over 180 times on PC and PS4 since launch and have only had a handful of laggy or dropped games. I would say neither are bad in my experience. Try restricting matchmaking or check your network if you are having issues.

Getting hit this far is super common
2NITBrw.jpg

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Whoa buddy, spoiler tag that image. Some people aren't there yet.

You saying it's a spoiler, spoils far more as it hints towards it being something they can identify instead of
some snowy stairs
How fast is your upload and download and do you have other devices on your network at the same time? This game seems to be using quite a bit more upload than other online games according to my router log.

5269660435.png

SeanTSC

Whelp, buckled down and ended up farming all of the covenant items. 449 ID with 99 luck did make it go a fair bit faster than 350ish and it definitely mattered. Vertebra Shackles for Mound Makers actually dropped pretty regularly and getting Sun Medals was easy as hell. It's really just those Darkmoon ones that were completely awful.

Now I'm kind of split on going into NG+. I'd like to go through it and Platinum the game, but staying in NG for the DLC is tempting.

Pushing 30 attempts at the N
ameless King.
and I'm getting
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom
Unable to summon phantom ad nauseam.

I hope this broken joke gets nerfed. Like eliminate the first janktacular phase altogether maybe. Not to mentioned his health pool feels like someone leaned on the 0 key when they were punching it in.
Unless Im supposed to be at SL 300 for this?

Means someone got faster to the summon sign than you. It's a real hot spot.

Edit: Try it out, drop your sign. You'll be summoned in seconds.

Persona7

Banned
You saying it's a spoiler, spoils far more as it hints towards it being something they can identify instead of
some snowy stairs

5269660435.png

Is your connection wired? Do you use your own router? Try double checking your NAT status and enable UPNP if it isn't already enabled. Another problem could be server overload. I remember having some lag right after launch.

Mindlog

kCny24t.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen.

I need your help.
(mid game? area spoilers) PS Is the thing I am going to be talking about. If you don't know what PS is then don't peek.
I beat Pontiff Sullivan. The fight was quite fun and very beautiful thanks to the framerate. After spending my souls I wandered back out and apparently found an invasion area. I got ganked pretty hard my first time in the zone as I was knee deep in enemies. So I went back to PS to farm Sunlight Medals. After that was done I decided to help Blue Sentinels by wandering into the invasion zone while pledged to WoB. Naturally I get double invaded, but no Sentinels arrive. I smashed the first invader hard. Their health bar was tiny and my sword is big. The second invader was much more passive. I explored the lower area a little more and killed some giants. I wandered into what I thought was a dead end and just started striking the walls looking for an exit. However, this was the moment the invader decided to creep up so I immediately turned without realizing I had actually found an illusory wall.

My question is: Should I feel bad?

I mean I can't stop laughing. Maybe they were trying to do something nice?

pixxxelz

Asking for new page: what's the best infusion for the dark sword? Can't decide between refined with quality build or heavy with pure strength.

vocab

Damn man, I'm having all kind of lag in co op with my second playthrough. The ai gets fucked up. Shit is breaking all over the place. Patch please.

kCny24t.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen.

I need your help.
(mid game? area spoilers) PS Is the thing I am going to be talking about. If you don't know what PS is then don't peek.
I beat Pontiff Sullivan. The fight was quite fun and very beautiful thanks to the framerate. After spending my souls I wandered back out and apparently found an invasion area. I got ganked pretty hard my first time in the zone as I was knee deep in enemies. So I went back to PS to farm Sunlight Medals. After that was done I decided to help Blue Sentinels by wandering into the invasion zone while pledged to WoB. Naturally I get double invaded, but no Sentinels arrive. I smashed the first invader hard. Their health bar was tiny and my sword is big. The second invader was much more passive. I explored the lower area a little more and killed some giants. I wandered into what I thought was a dead end and just started striking the walls looking for an exit. However, this was the moment the invader decided to creep up so I immediately turned without realizing I had actually found an illusory wall.

You monster!
haha nah it happens :p

kCny24t.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen.

I need your help.

Haha either way, it's way more dangerous down below so you did him a favour.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Is your connection wired? Do you use your own router? Try double checking your NAT status and enable UPNP if it isn't already enabled. Another problem could be server overload. I remember having some lag right after launch.
It's not him. It's very common to have sliding players and crazy hitboxes in this game right now.

Rocketz

Dark Souls 3 has been beaten. Fantastic game. I went with the "true" ending. Only real downsides are Xbox has some performance issues in spots where the game definitely chugs.

Only boss I didn't beat was N
ameless
K
ing
because fuck that guy. I have some stuff I want to clean up before I go into NG+ but I loved my time so far. I have all my boss souls just like I did in DS2 except one as my trophies.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

I'm wired, I regularly play fighting games with few issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom