• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitusTroy

I got
The End of Fire
achievement. Have you summoned the fire keeper?

There is
achievements and
endings counting the
secret
one

I summoned the Firekeeper and killed her
but didn't get any Achievement for it...so I guess you only get them for
the 3 other endings?

Edit: I just read dmaul1114's post which stated that the ending I chose has no achievement...I wonder why that ending didn't deserve an achievement

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It wasn't just visually. I disliked the fight mechanically/game play design wise.
I liked how he
represents every chosen undead that fought Gwyn haha
... hence the
sheer number of varied attack patterns. Sometimes he's a sorcerer, sometimes a greatsword user, sometimes a curved sword user... sometimes a pyro. Everything.

Okay, that was just a whole horseload of bullshit.

I get to end of PC and fight Yhorm
and Siegward pops in and the fight starts, I run to Stormruler and pick it up and all this time including when I hit Yhorm he is massacring Siegward. And he kills him. I kill Yhorm and am irritated I fuck up the Onion Bro quest right at the end and I don't even have time to grab his shit before Emma teleports me straight into the Dancer fight with no chance to rest. Dancer kills me in the second phase and I'm just like
"That was total bullshit"

You can leave the room without making the Dancer spawn right away. I had a feeling something was coming (since I had seen the bloodstains) so I nope'd out of there and came back on foot. Plus I wanted to loot the Yhorm boss room, which I hadn't even had time to do.

I think you just have to roll with the punches if you're planning on invading someone's world and potentially hampering their progress. Some invaders might want a fair 1v1 with the host, or at least take it in turns with their phantoms, but that's their own agenda and there's no sense in expecting it to extend to all players out there.

Some hosts don't have a lot of embers, or time, and just want to play through an area with their buddies. In that situation, you're not an honourable invader; you're just a mild inconvenience.
*sigh* Once again, I am not referring to people progressing in the game. Your rant is wasted.

laxu

Two handing does make them more powerful, but only if you have a bonus to Strength. Two handing gives you 1.5x the strength.

I _think_ it is the same with Dex.

So basically, no stat bonus = no two handing benefit.

So you mean no bonus unless you have an infusion that scales off STR?

I dont suppose later on someone wants to help me take on NK? I die to his 2nd form every time...ive got maxed Heavy Dark Sword and an 85% Lightning Resistance Shield so can handle all that pretty ok i just tend to get that little bit cocky or caught while healing. SL 101 i think.

MilkBeard

Started upgrading the Black Blade, pretty good so far. Holds up similarly to the Uchi. I infused it with Hollow, now I'm going to pump some levels into luck to see if it will exceed my Sharp Uchi. It will ideally be a good weapon for Dex/Luck builds that also have some points in strength (18 Dex and Strength requirement).

Tecnniqe

Banned
I summoned the Firekeeper and killed her
but didn't get any Achievement for it...so I guess you only get them for
the 3 other endings?

Edit: I just read dmaul1114's post which stated that the ending I chose has no achievement...I wonder why that ending didn't deserve an achievement
If you
kill her
you don't get a achievement but if you have the same ending and
do nothing
you get a achievement

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Asking for new page: what's the best infusion for the dark sword? Can't decide between refined with quality build or heavy with pure strength.

Refined quality is the better route imo. B scaling for both strength and dex is very good plus the moveset is great.

Dark Souls 3 has been beaten. Fantastic game. I went with the "true" ending. Only real downsides are Xbox has some performance issues in spots where the game definitely chugs.

Only boss I didn't beat was N
ameless
K
ing
because fuck that guy. I have some stuff I want to clean up before I go into NG+ but I loved my time so far. I have all my boss souls just like I did in DS2 except one as my trophies.

Same here. Except I'm not sure what the true ending is. Not sure how many endings there are either. Onto NG+!

I'm playing on a PS4 and the game can chugg when helping folks defeat bosses with open scenary as well as multiple summons in the game with lots of background movement. The delays in animation for the bosses and your character can get pretty noticeable but it's still pretty manageable if you plan our your movements. Might be a case of stockholm syndrome for me though - cuz I remember the smooth framerates of DS2 and how it made me input movements way too fast. Sometimes I'll play DS2 on a Nvidia Shield using Gamestream to delay the movements a little to match what I'm used to with DeS, DS1, and BB.

joesmokey

I'm not following any guides, but my
Sorcery
NPC disappeared. Is this because I didn't find things for him? Is he still out there in the world or gone for good?

NEO0MJ

So, it seems I've somehow triggered
Patches to appear in the Firelink Shrine, even though I never met him in game. He apologized for betraying me but I ever interacted with him before. Where were we supposed to originally meet him? Must have fallen in that area by accident and the game thought he killed me.

Guys help, I am stuck! Cannot proceed!

This is my first post in the OT & OT2 for this game. I am currently stuck and cannot proceed. I am playing this game 100% blindly so I cannot go to GameFAQs or YT for help as I would get something else spoiled.

Where am I in the game:

- killed
Deacons of the Deep, Abyss Watchers and Old Demon King
- I know I have to go to
Boreal Valley in order to find Aldrich
- I got the
figurine (after Deacons) that will open some way to the Valley
- I talked with
the Paladin woman in the Firelink Shrine and she told me the Valley lies "beyond Farron Keep"
- so I went there to
Catacombs of Carthus --> Demon's Ruins and did, I think, everything there
- I even disabled
the triple-arbalest in Smouldering Woods
- I also killed
Stray Demon on the bridge over Farron Woods
- I even went back to the
Cathedral in Lothric where the High Priestess sits but she doesn't change the dialogue

But I cannot for the life of me figure out where the damn entrance to
Boreal Valley is.
I've searched the
Demon Ruins for couple of hours, hit almost every wall with my Mace trying to find fake walls, even picked up some stuff from lava near Tsorig the Knight Killer (killed him as well)

Please help me in the most non-spoiler way possible.

Just point me in some general direction like "search Farron Woods again" or "go back to Lothric" etc. Do not tell me explicit what to do, thanks!

!!!!!!

Please do not reply in this thread but sent me a DM instead. I will not be opening this thread again!

!!!!!!

Patches to appear in the Firelink Shrine, even though I never met him in game. He apologized for betraying me but I ever interacted with him before. Where were we supposed to originally meet him? Must have fallen in that area by accident and the game thought he killed me.

you usually meet him in the tower above Firelink Shrine. If you go up and grab some loot and go back down a lift he's there, having locked the door and saying he will loot your corpse

Did you talk to a
guy in a well
perhaps?

Randam

Did you buy the 20k key and explored the roof of firelink shrine?

Rocketz

Same here. Except I'm not sure what the true ending is. Not sure how many endings there are either. Onto NG+!

I'm playing on a PS4 and the game can chugg when helping folks defeat bosses with open scenary as well as multiple summons in the game with lots of background movement. The delays in animation for the bosses and your character can get pretty noticeable but it's still pretty manageable if you plan our your movements. Might be a case of stockholm syndrome for me though - cuz I remember the smooth framerates of DS2 and how it made me input movements way too fast. Sometimes I'll play DS2 on a Nvidia Shield using Gamestream to delay the movements a little to match what I'm used to with DeS, DS1, and BB.

The true ending is
letting the world fade to darkness. You have to find the eyes of the firekeeper and give them to the fire keeper and summon her after you beat the last boss.

First Souls game I played was DS2: Scholar of the First Sin so I was spoiled by that game by the 60fps goodness.

Guys help, I am stuck! Cannot proceed!

This is my first post in the OT & OT2 for this game. I am currently stuck and cannot proceed. I am playing this game 100% blindly so I cannot go to GameFAQs or YT for help as I would get something else spoiled.

Where am I in the game:

- killed
Deacons of the Deep, Abyss Watchers and Old Demon King
- I know I have to go to
Boreal Valley in order to find Aldrich
- I got the
figurine (after Deacons) that will open some way to the Valley
- I talked with
the Paladin woman in the Firelink Shrine and she told me the Valley lies "beyond Farron Keep"
- so I went there to
Catacombs of Carthus --> Demon's Ruins and did, I think, everything there
- I even disabled
the triple-arbalest in Smouldering Woods
- I also killed
Stray Demon on the bridge over Farron Woods
- I even went back to the
Cathedral in Lothric where the High Priestess sits but she doesn't change the dialogue

But I cannot for the life of me figure out where the damn entrance to
Boreal Valley is.
I've searched the
Demon Ruins for couple of hours, hit almost every wall with my Mace trying to find fake walls, even picked up some stuff from lava near Tsorig the Knight Killer (killed him as well)

Please help me in the most non-spoiler way possible.

Just point me in some general direction like "search Farron Woods again" or "go back to Lothric" etc. Do not tell me explicit what to do, thanks!

!!!!!!

Please do not reply in this thread but sent me a DM instead. I will not be opening this thread again!

!!!!!!

Go back to where you found the way to the Demon Ruins.

Didn't read the last line. I guess I'll take the L on this one, haha.

Frillen

Beat the game and all bosses last night. The last few bosses were incredible. Even N
ameless
K
ing
was fun, although the camera was unforgiving at times.

If you guys want an easy mode, infuse the Dark Sword with a Heavy gem if you're a strength build. Thank me later.

I dont suppose later on someone wants to help me take on NK? I die to his 2nd form every time...ive got maxed Heavy Dark Sword and an 85% Lightning Resistance Shield so can handle all that pretty ok i just tend to get that little bit cocky or caught while healing. SL 101 i think.
I don't mind helping out depending on when. Are you on ps4 btw?

NEO0MJ

you usually meet him in the tower above Firelink Shrine. If you go up and grab some loot and go back down a lift he's there, having locked the door and saying he will loot your corpse

Did you buy the 20k key and explored the roof of firelink shrine?

I see.
I was talking on the phone and accidentally walked off the roof. Must have been what triggered it. Lost a Ring of Sacrifice by accident as well as I forgot to take it off after coming back to the shrine and spending my souls.

Did you talk to a
guy in a well
perhaps?

Don't think so. Where is that, exactly?

AlanOC91

How much do people like the
Butchers Knife
?

I replaced my +2
Vordts Hammer
with it last night and upgraded it to +6.

So far it's actually been much better than I thought it would be. Especially since im on 36 strength and it scales A. But it's attack swings are very fast and it staggers enemies. Can't say I notice any hp regen from it though.

robin2

So much coop in the undead settlement, got summoned non-stop.

At some point I was summoned by a guy that looked like an orc (green skin, club and all!). In the midst of the fighting I ended up attacking him because I thought he was a monster. Thankfully you can't damage your host.

Rurunaki

I'm not following any guides, but my
Sorcery
NPC disappeared. Is this because I didn't find things for him? Is he still out there in the world or gone for good?

Did you give him any scrolls before killing A
byss
W
alkers
? If not, then he's gone. Only other way he'll leave is if you've given him all the scrolls available in game.

Did 10 NK fights for sunbro tokens. They tend to go by pretty quick but I noticed that 3 people is more of a hindrance than 2. The stupid camera becomes too much to deal with and the
flying flame breath attack
which seems to trigger when someone is too far away can pretty much wipe the run if the host is unprepared. The second phase is kind of a joke with 3 people though

I don't mind helping out depending on when. Are you on ps4 btw?

On PC :(

Did 10 NK fights for sunbro tokens. They tend to go by pretty quick but I noticed that 3 people is more of a hindrance than 2. The stupid camera becomes too much to deal with and the
flying flame breath attack
which seems to trigger when someone is too far away can pretty much wipe the run if the host is unprepared. The second phase is kind of a joke with 3 people though

I found the attack triggered if i stayed too close for too long but usually i can run away and either not get hit or get hit once, and it's a relatively easy heal. If I can get through the first phase ok without more than one or two Estus, if any at all, then I'm well set up for the second phase. Just for whatever reason my "skills" abandon me then :p

daninthemix

I beat Pontiff on my first try by summoning Anri. Was expecting a real struggle from everything I've read but this was easier than the tutorial boss for me.

Shrug.

I found the attack triggered if i stayed too close for too long but usually i can run away and either not get hit or get hit once, and it's a relatively easy heal. If I can get through the first phase ok without more than one or two Estus, if any at all, then I'm well set up for the second phase. Just for whatever reason my "skills" abandon me then :p

I'll be able to help tomorrow around 9pm central if you need it. Just let me know! Or right now, I guess

kagamin

I'm on PC as well, but you might not want me helping for that fight because I'm more than 50 levels lower than you :p Unless it scales me up of course heh, I doubt it does.

NEO0MJ

Oh, another question. How exactly are you
supposed to use the sword found in Yhorm's room? I tried using its art but it didn't do much.

I beat Pontiff on my first try by summoning Anri. Was expecting a real struggle from everything I've read but this was easier than the tutorial boss for me.

Shrug.

Yeah, you summoned :p

Part of the difficulty of bosses like that is
managing the two enemies. If you have help it becomes much easier to not get overwhelmed.

Ferrio

Banned
The "gliding" bug in multiplayer sucks. Was sunbro-ing, but if anyone was gliding around I'd just return to my own world because it's so damn cheap.

kagamin

The only way I beat that boss was by learning how to time my parries properly, the only boss I even had to use parries on in fact.

daninthemix

Yeah, you summoned :p

Part of the difficulty of bosses like that is
managing the two enemies. If you have help it becomes much easier to not get overwhelmed.

Yeah, I think it really helps that Anri is actually decent - she did good damage, healed herself and didn't get stomped.

kagamin

The "gliding" bug in multiplayer sucks. Was sunbro-ing, but if anyone was gliding around I'd just return to my own world because it's so damn cheap.

That's even happened to the boss for me when I was sun broing, I basically just got free hits on the boss because it was gliding around and not doing any damage to me.

Bogeypop

Got my first hate mail today after invading as a W
atchdog
of F
arron
. It was some spear guy who was constantly hiding behind his Sunbro summon miracle healing each other and chugging Ashen Estus Flasks despite having the advantage 2 v 1 while never charging me down. I simply waited for the U
ndead
I
mpaler
s/L
ycanthrope
H
unters
to wander near them one at a time and while they were distracted chipped away at them until I was able to kill his Sunbro. Spear guy then retreats back to the R
oad
of S
acrifices
bonfire to try and get more summons only to mismanage his stamina and get constantly poked to death from behind before he even gets there. Felt especially great since I'd just beaten the D
ragonslayer
A
rmor
as a level 9 Knight.

Ferrio

Banned
Looks like I'll be riding a Raw Exile Greatsword to the end of the game. It's at 500 AR, then you add the lightning buff miracle and it's smoking every other weapon I have.

That's even happened to the boss for me when I was sun broing, I basically just got free hits on the boss because it was gliding around and not doing any damage to me.

Ya if the host is gliding i believe the boss will be too, which means you'll be immune to damage and that isn't fun. If another phantom is gliding then they won't take any damage.

Bogeypop

I don't personally care for hatemail, and on PC I've only ever gotten it once anyways, promptly deleted of course.

I'm on PC as well. I just find it funny the guy took the time to look at his recently played list on Steam, add me, and tell me I play like a "tool" for not just letting him and his summon gang up on me and playing patiently while using the enemies around us until I could kill them both.

Starviper

Not sure if it has been brought up in here, but there is a Dark Souls Kickstarter going on for a board game. Looks like it will be quite a package, though is going to cost a good chunk o' change.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/steamforged/dark-soulstm-the-board-game

to5Ev8XHRnyth.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom