• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

I'm on PC as well. I just find it funny the guy took the time to look at his recently played list on Steam, add me, and tell me I play like a "tool" for not just letting him and his summon gang up on me and playing patiently while using the enemies around us until I could kill them both.

The person who sent me something over Dark Souls II was just silly, I beat him in the arena fair and square and he felt the need to curse at and insult me? Like what?

I'll be able to help tomorrow around 9pm central if you need it. Just let me know! Or right now, I guess

Now would be good if possible

I'm on PC as well, but you might not want me helping for that fight because I'm more than 50 levels lower than you :p Unless it scales me up of course heh, I doubt it does.

Heh, I don't mind. I know it scales the person joining to the host in terms of scaling down (I helped a friend with Undead Settlement boss yesterday) but not sure about scaling up.

also....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Literally got NK to the last sliver of his health left and he did some attack i'd never seen before (AoE) and killed me.......

i'm guessing password would be like ds3gaf?

kagamin

Heh, I don't mind. I know it scales the person joining to the host in terms of scaling down (I helped a friend with Undead Settlement boss yesterday) but not sure about scaling up.

also....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Literally got NK to the last sliver of his health left and he did some attack i'd never seen before (AoE) and killed me.......

Oops, already shut everything down :(. Hopefully you can find some help though.

also....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Crap, I actually can't do it at the moment. Just realized I moved to NG+ on that character. Sorry about that, man. Give me 30 (hopefully) I played Borderlands not too long ago, and because of that was thinking I could just log in to my NG file. *PicardFacepalm.gif*

Tecnniqe

Banned
Not sure if it has been brought up in here, but there is a Dark Souls Kickstarter going on for a board game. Looks like it will be quite a package, though is going to cost a good chunk o' change.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/steamforged/dark-soulstm-the-board-game

to5Ev8XHRnyth.jpg
Glorious

....If I had people to git gud with ;(

Meccs

Oh man I would like to co-op more but how is everyone doing that besides the usual "put sign down in front of boss door"? Are you guys doing co-op through zones? Are you doing it the first time you are there or just for a second run? I like to go through a new zone by myself first but end up never doing any co-op besides some boss runs after I have killed them. Same with other SoulsBorne Games. I feel like I'm missing out on a fun part of the game :/

Dahbomb

Beat the game yesterday at 30 hours (all bosses including optional ones) lvl98 character.

NK and PS were hardest bosses for me. NK woukd just kill me in two hits from whatever and PS became really hard to punish in 2nd form.

UGSs in general are pretty bad in this game. Fine for trash monsters but against bosses it's a struggle. Can't really attack them after they finish moves, you have to wait until they do their very high recovery attack because even bosses will just hit you out of start up of a UGS attack. I beat the whole game with UGS but I always felt like a faster weapon could've done the job better. Some sections were easier with a UGS though so it's not all bad.

I ended up having a lot of fun near the end of the game because I started helping others on bosses for some extra currency.

Solid Souls game out of 10 so 9/10. Probably the shortest though the one with the fewest extremes in quality and most consistency (not including BB here).

Oh and don't put a single point into Vitality. Garbagio tier stat in this game.

kagamin

Oh man I would like to co-op more but how is everyone doing that besides the usual "put sign down in front of boss door"? Are you guys doing co-op through zones? Are you doing it the first time you are there or just for a second run? I like to go through a new zone by myself first but end up never doing any co-op besides some boss runs after I have beaten him. Same with other SoulsBorne Games. I feel like I'm missing out on a fun part of the game :/

I was doing some co-op zones with randoms on my new character earlier, Raw Astora Straight Sword *swoons*

Crap, I actually can't do it at the moment. Just realized I moved to NG+ on that character. Sorry about that, man. Give me 30 (hopefully) I played Borderlands not too long ago, and because of that was thinking I could just log in to my NG file. *PicardFacepalm.gif*

Well don't worry too much, not sure how much longer i can spare atm really. cheers anyway

Pontiff Suhlyvahn is finally dead, fucking hell!

I don't know how I could have possibly have beaten him if I hadn't been nailing my parries on that last run.

He's a real fucker aint he?

Oh man I would like to co-op more but how is everyone doing that besides the usual "put sign down in front of boss door"? Are you guys doing co-op through zones? Are you doing it the first time you are there or just for a second run? I like to go through a new zone by myself first but end up never doing any co-op besides some boss runs after I have killed them. Same with other SoulsBorne Games. I feel like I'm missing out on a fun part of the game :/
I play solo my first run. I did the entire bloodborne coop with a rl friend who never played any of the souls games before. Doing ds3 coop with the same friend and 2 other rl friends who never played the souls series as well.

My back hurts :(

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
*sigh* Once again, I am not referring to people progressing in the game. Your rant is wasted.

I wasn't ranting...just stating an opinion. It wasn't directed at anyone particular (although admittedly I came a little late to the discussion).

In general, people can get into the habit of investing too much in their own personal meta for games like this.
It happens with fighting games as well; probably anything where there's a lot of competetive play involved, with a lot at stake.

A host might taunt an invader after 2 or 3 bodyguards have crushed them while he/she stood back.
Likewise, an invader might taunt a host after twinking them in the first area.

In either situation, the victim could be salty, or they could laugh it off. It all depends on your personal situation and state of mind.
There's no telling what's going on at the other end of the internet, so in most cases you may as well "hold dat" (to use fighting game vernacular) and save your dignity for another day.

Now THAT was me ranting! Got nothing whatsoever against you personally, Morrigan!

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Faith Builds really suck for PVP. Casting time is slow on all the offensive miracles, they don't get to target quick enough, and they don't do very much damage unless you have an insane amount of Faith.

What's not to like?!

C'mon From, fix that shit.

Footos22

Just hit 20 hours last night and beat H
igh
L
ord
W
olnir
. Took me 3 tries as wasn't expecting that annoying breath attack but its prob my fav boss yet aesthetically. Beat
old demon king
first time, he was easy as hell. Id like to say ive found everything including everything in the s
moldering
l
ake
(holy fuck was that place good) but knowing this game I doubt it lol. Left it at "Gorgeous view ahead" Don't wanna spoil it till I see whatever it is tonight.

Meccs

Just won
Nameless king
solo for the first time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FRwwAyCxIA
Was a great fight, much better that the story final boss :/
now i got my freedom to watch this fight with different people styles on youtube.

Phase 2 is best boss fight in the game imho, even though it is probably the hardest and took me the longest. Would fight him again if it weren't for the Phase 1 where you fight against
THE FUCKING DS3 CAMERA &§/"%""!
! It's not hard, just lame for a melee character.

kagamin

Faith Builds really suck for PVP. Casting time is slow on all the offensive miracles, they don't get to target quick enough, and they don't do very much damage unless you have an insane amount of Faith.

What's not to like?!

C'mon From, fix that shit.

Faith is all about the buffs for me tbh. :p

Meccs

So again my question. What is the "meta" when it comes to max level everyone stops leveling for PvP and co-op reasons? 99? 100? 120? 125?

So again my question. What is the "meta" when it comes to max level everyone stops leveling for PvP and co-op reasons? 99? 100? 120? 125?

If you stop at 80 you can coop a fair chunk of the back end of NG and your build should decent enough by then. Particularly if you aren't doing magic.

Moonkid

Surprising to read that, I consider the OST to be on the same level as the best stuff off Bloodborne.
Funny I posted that since I played the (penultimate boss)
Princes
today and I got major chills when a violin melody kicked in. The rest of the track is great too but it reminds me a little too much of Lady Maria and Ebrietas' themes from Bloodborne at the second half which Kitamura also composed. I'm now on the final boss and while the callback was cool, it didn't really do much for me. I guess there's still the DLC to come and to be fair, it was also Bloodborne's DLC that left the heftiest impression on me.

94 with a +10 weapon.
Grand Archives/Lothric Castle
is another good area for being summoned at this level.

EDIT: Yesterday I got around 10 Proof of Concords after a couple hours of time spent in
Lothric Castle and Grand Archives.
Make sure not to stand in any boss rooms because it stops searching in them.

Yeah, this doesn't work for me at all. I have yet to be summoned as a darkmoon despite having it on for hours, which has relegated me to grinding the drops from the
silver knights on the anor londo steps/bonfire

I usually do this in batches of 10, as that's the amount of coins you can stock without resting... I did 3 batches of 10. 3 enemies per run per batch means I had 90 kills. I had ZERO drops. This was with crystal sage rapier offhand, gold covetous serpent ring, symbol of avarice, and the aforementioned coin per run totally 367 discovery. When I was done, I had enough souls (combined with a few previous runs from earlier in the day) to buy my removal of dark signs for a whopping 830k and had enough souls leftover for at least 5 titanite scales.

This. is. ridiculous.

Moonlight

Banned
Wrapped up F
arron's Kee
p. In a word, amazing.
Probably my favourite area of the game so far, and definitely my favourite poison themed area in a Souls game, and it's the first one that's really made me see the value in poison as a way to add a thin layer of pressure and excitement to regular old exploration. Love the aesthetics of it, and loved how wide and sprawling and outwardly threatening the area is. There's this forlorn, empty vibe to so much of the game up to this point, and when you step out of the descending tower and see all the slugs bathing in this purple mire, man, it's cool.

Cooler still being the build-up to that point in how lofty and elite Farron's Legion sounded to begin with. Then you just step into there and it's, uh, yeah. Some of the more interesting implications in the game for me. How evocative it is of Darkroot Garden in so many ways, and how twisted it is by contrast.

Anyways, loved exploring it, loved rationing out my healing and investigating the islands for treasure to loot and torches to extinguish, and the cast of enemies in the region are some of the most grotesque but visually interesting ones I've seen in the game so far.

Think it was the boss that really sold it, though. Really incredible stuff.
Such fantastic build-up to start with, too. Heading through the gate, hearing the clash of swords with no real clue what exactly's going on, finally stepping into the chamber and seeing an Abyss Walker in the midst of striking down his comrades. Then you notice the ground littered in corpses and it instantly clicks what's been happening. The fight itself seemed really inspired to me, too. The concept of being locked in the midst of an in-fight (and more or less indiscriminate melee) between the 'boss' itself was such a novel and exciting thing to me, and though the first phase was a bit easy for me, the second phase (with the Lord soul coalescing into the one knight? Wasn't sure exactly what was going on there) was just as exciting, and definitely much more difficult. Incredibly fun fight, though. Magic dudes with swords will always be my favourite sort of encounter in a Souls game, and this fight just nails it.

Makes up for how lame Deacons were.

SeanTSC

Whelp, can't sleep tonight, so I guess I'll dive into NG+.

Got some crazy stat goals in mind now:

Vigor: 40+
Attunement: 10
Endurance: 40
Vitality: As much as possible
Strength: 40
Dexterity: 40
Intelligence: 40
Faith: 40
Luck: 7

I really want to play with the NG+ only greatsword that has scaling in Str/Dex/Int/Faith.

Currently at level 142 with 40/10/40/28/40/40/10/16/7.

The sliding bug or whatever it is is making coop pretty unfun. I'll get spawned in and the host doesn't animate, they then go in the boss area and I can't follow after them. So basically they have to fight the boss with 3 people HP and I'm stuck there doing dick

I've had to use the black separation crystal a lot, apparently that's what's been getting people banned.

laxu

Pontiff Suhlyvahn is finally dead, fucking hell!

I don't know how I could have possibly have beaten him if I hadn't been nailing my parries on that last run.

He's a real fucker aint he?

Yeah your dodge and block game along with stamina management really has to be on point for that one. Even finding a window to chuck some Estus is hard. Especially those last few hits when you try your best to not be greedy but want to hit with all you've got.

I really don't know how you'd do that enemy as a mage. I play a pyromancer so with most bosses I use a combination of throwing fire orbs at them and using my sword.

web01

The sliding bug or whatever it is is making coop pretty unfun. I'll get spawned in and the host doesn't animate, they then go in the boss area and I can't follow after them. So basically they have to fight the boss with 3 people HP and I'm stuck there doing dick

I've had to use the black separation crystal a lot, apparently that's what's been getting people banned.

Its just a shitty laggy host, not a bug.
Though if you see it excessively could also be your own internet.

If you were Saber then THANK YOU SO MUCH!

No probs, man! Yeah, that's my build. Greatshields are cheating a bit, but it gets the job done, haha. Surprised I made the time I did.
I had to rush through the dungeon, beat the Ancient Wyvern and rush the bonfire, which I somehow did in about 13 minutes.
Happy I made it in time to help out!

Nice run, btw. You obviously knew what you were doing with the boss. Dodged like a champ.

Derpot

Did some pvp yesterday in I
rithyll
and oh my god, are some A
ldrich
F
aithful
stupid or don't know how their covenant works? I invaded as a R
osaria's
F
ingers
dark spirit and some of them attacked me instead of the host of embers, wtf.
They win nothing by killing other invaders, no?

MilkBeard

Yeah, this doesn't work for me at all. I have yet to be summoned as a darkmoon despite having it on for hours, which has relegated me to grinding the drops from the
silver knights on the anor londo steps/bonfire

I usually do this in batches of 10, as that's the amount of coins you can stock without resting... I did 3 batches of 10. 3 enemies per run per batch means I had 90 kills. I had ZERO drops. This was with crystal sage rapier offhand, gold covetous serpent ring, symbol of avarice, and the aforementioned coin per run totally 367 discovery. When I was done, I had enough souls (combined with a few previous runs from earlier in the day) to buy my removal of dark signs for a whopping 830k and had enough souls leftover for at least 5 titanite scales.

This. is. ridiculous.
I've already maxed the Darkmoon covenant. What's your level and weapon level? If you are levels 60-100 you should at least be getting summoned in the areas I mentioned at least once per 10 minutes. I was getting a string of 4-5 summons during certain moments as well. How long do you usually wait when you get there? Sometimes you do have to wait 5-10 minutes. but it's garuanteed faster than the shitty drop method.

Just go to the Belfry bonfire in
Archdragon Peak
and kill some of the enemies near there for 5-10 minutes, pretty sure you'll get a summon eventually. Same for the
Grand Archives.
I've had the most there. Just stand in the
Lothric Castle
bonfire room (not any boss rooms).

Moff

does it make sense to raise int/faith above 40 as a pyro?

also generelly, I don't know exactly how scaling works, is a weapon that scales A with both inf and faith worse than a weapon that scales S with only faith (I have both int and faith at 40 at the moment)

myco666

rithyll
ldrich
F
aithful
osaria's
F
ingers

They win nothing from that as far as I know. But when you can lock on to something you have to attack it I guess.

kagamin

rithyll
ldrich
F
aithful
osaria's
F
ingers

They get souls for killing other invaders not in their covenant, plus some people don't like other invaders butting in on their fights I guess.

Lanrutcon

I am terrible at this game.

Struggled with most bosses, stuck at the Dancer. Second phase is pretty brutal. I need more stamina.

Watch videos of people doing the fight and they just breeze through things.

I should play Hello Kitty World.

No probs, man! Yeah, that's my build. Greatshields are cheating a bit, but it gets the job done, haha. Surprised I made the time I did.
I had to rush through the dungeon, beat the Ancient Wyvern and rush the bonfire, which I somehow did in about 13 minutes.
Happy I made it in time to help out!

Nice run, btw. You obviously knew what you were doing with the boss. Dodged like a champ.

Ha, thanks. Some attacks of his I hadn't worked out how to dodge, or even if you could (like the bolt in his 2nd form seems to hit a random target 100%) but usually I'm ok at dodging, I just get cocky in trying to get that 1 extra hit in.

MilkBeard

Corrosivefrost, just for an example, I went to the
Lothric Castle
bonfire just now, waited about 3 minutes and got summoned.

Ha, thanks. Some attacks of his I hadn't worked out how to dodge, or even if you could (like the bolt in his 2nd form seems to hit a random target 100%) but usually I'm ok at dodging, I just get cocky in trying to get that 1 extra hit in.

Yeah, that bolt is a pain, you just have to really get that timing down pat. I love to try to get that extra hit in a lot myself. Especially 1v1, once you get them down to the last 1/3 you just want to finish it, because you just know you're going to mess up in some way and they'll punish you to death. So you try to beat this imaginary clock you set up in your mind, and more often than not it kills you, haha.

AlanOC91

Is there PC ports that I should be opening for online?

Not really having any issues, just some "unable to summon" but I'm pretty sure 99% of the time it's because they've been summoned already.

I've often had party of 3 phantoms alongside 2 invaders.

Just wanted to check if opening any ports further improves the experience.

MilkBeard

Is there PC ports that I should be opening for online?

Not really having any issues, just some "unable to summon" but I'm pretty sure 99% of the time it's because they've been summoned already.

I've often had party of 3 phantoms alongside 2 invaders.

Just wanted to check if opening any ports further improves the experience.

Generally have the same issues on PS4 as well, so I think it's something that we are all facing when trying to summon co op.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom