• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I am terrible at this game.

Struggled with most bosses, stuck at the Dancer. Second phase is pretty brutal. I need more stamina.

Watch videos of people doing the fight and they just breeze through things.

I should play Hello Kitty World.
You can always summon some other hello kitty world players for assistance in finding the hello flask or whatever they look for

NBtoaster

Beat the game after 44 hours, level 88, mostly blind. Did everything except npc quests. I used dex build with the hollowslayer greatsword which I think is sub optimal, or it was before the patch. It does some nuts damage now.

Update: D
eacons of the Deep
is where I'm stuck in my no upgrade SL1 run. It's doable, but damn if it isn't likely going to be the hardest fight in the game for me. You can learn to dodge attacks all you want, you can only dodge so many at a time. I even beat C
rystal Sage
without too many problems. I'm thinking I need to just go along the other path for now, and hope for a better weapon or ashes that give me resins for sale.

NEO0MJ

There shouldn't be any real problem to forcefully quiting the game, right? I was invaded by a NPC phantom
Aldrich Faithful something, funny gal
and even after they died I can't quit the game or rest at a bonfire.

Stencil

So I infused my Uchigatana+4 with poison, not thinking I'd be able to since I thought I'd need a Poison Coal or something... Did I make a huge mistake?

kagamin

There shouldn't be any real problem to forcefully quiting the game, right? I was invaded by a NPC phantom

No Faithfuls are NPC invaders as far as I know, no idea about your problem though.

Leezard

I had a similar problem after a regular invade. I fixed it by using a Homeward bone.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I made a new character after finishing a run with a pure INT guy.

I'll say that melee is so much more fun in this particular Souls.
Did the opposite. Beat the game as dex, now doing a mage. Disappointing so far. Mages seem to take a while before becoming semi-powerful...

Soodanim

Did the opposite. Beat the game as dex, now doing a mage. Disappointing so far. Mages seem to take a while before becoming semi-powerful...
Don't you get strong magic weapon rather early? I'm still on my dex run but I have the same planned path as you

So I infused my Uchigatana+4 with poison, not thinking I'd be able to since I thought I'd need a Poison Coal or something... Did I make a huge mistake?
For future reference, it only shows infusions you have the coals for.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Don't you get strong magic weapon rather early? I'm still on my dex run but I have the same planned path as you

For future reference, it only shows infusions you have the coals for.
My mage is using offensive spells, not buffs. That's the point of being a mage. Though my damn fire-infused Astora sword is getting a lot of use... because mages are gimped. :(

Derpot

They win nothing from that as far as I know. But when you can lock on to something you have to attack it I guess.

They get souls for killing other invaders not in their covenant, plus some people don't like other invaders butting in on their fights I guess.

I admit, the fact that you can lock other invaders makes things confusing. When I did pvp for the first time and found I could lock other dark spirits, I was afraid that they'd attack me too heh (but I've never attacked them).
And hell, if some of them don't like when people butt in on their fights, doing pvp in I
rithyll
isn't the best idea lol.

MilkBeard

Did some pvp yesterday in I
rithyll
and oh my god, are some A
ldrich
F
aithful
stupid or don't know how their covenant works? I invaded as a R
osaria's
F
ingers
dark spirit and some of them attacked me instead of the host of embers, wtf.
They win nothing by killing other invaders, no?

They can attack any phantom invading the area. Usually they just attack the host. Alternatively, as an
Aldritch Faithful
, I've had red phantoms attack me instantly even though I usually team up with them. Some people just want to fight shit, I guess.

Soodanim

My mage is using offensive spells, not buffs. That's the point of being a mage. Though my damn fire-infused Astora sword is getting a lot of use... because mages are gimped. :(
I've already assumed that for me it will likely have to be an INT run rather than a mage run, although I don't know exactly how much FP high FP can give you.

Is Poison infusion useful for PvE?
I'd happily keep poison on an Uchi if I wasn't using sharp (dex scaling). I made my Bandit's Knife poison for that double effect goodness, but it doesn't get much use because my Uchi is better. I still pull it out every now and again because its speed has its uses.

Derpot

They can attack any phantom invading the area. Usually they just attack the host. Alternatively, as an
Aldritch Faithful
, I've had red phantoms attack me instantly even though I usually team up with them. Some people just want to fight shit, I guess.

Yeah but in the end, there's no point in doing that. I mean, they don't get any reward, except some souls.
But huh, if they have fun doing it, well okay then lol

Maximo

Anyone else having DS4 controller issues ? The soul series has always had dodgy controller support but man it disconnects randomly and decides to not work, got D4Windows.

ISee

I'm in a location that looks 1:1 like the starting location.

WTF is going on here?
Are there good lore videos out there? Am I getting more stupid the older I get or is the lore even more complicated in this one then ever before.

Never played any souls, so as a noob should I play blind or should I look up lots of FAQ/guides to avoid pitfalls.

I don't mind guides that show spoilers so are there any guides that show you how to do as much of the interesting stuff (NPC quests?) in the fewest runs? Like a "most efficient run".

kagamin

WTF is going on here?
Are there good lore videos out there? Am I getting more stupid the older I get or is the lore even more complicated in this one then ever before.

My favorite area by far in the game.

WTF is going on here?

Oh, that area is a mind-bender for sure.
The Untended Graves are implied to either be the 'real' Cemetary of Ash/Firelink Shrine or those areas in the past. If you die to the boss there, go back to the arena where the first boss was fought. Apparently, you will find your death spot there.

ISee

My favorite area by far in the game.

It's
Gundyr
again... but way more difficult WOW. I'm in the mindfuck area. I feel like I've stumbled into a darker
NG+

Oh, that area is a mind-bender for sure.
The Untended Graves are implied to either be the 'real' Cemetary of Ash/Firelink Shrine or those areas in the past. If you die to the boss there, go back to the arena where the first boss was fought. Apparently, you will find your death spot there.

Thx, for the tip. Will do. But for now I need a fresh coffee.

Ogawa-san

Close to wrapping up NG+, the difficulty bump is so weird. As expected every knight is an even bigger pain in the ass, but bosses hardly feel any different. I got NK in two tries, I've been killed more times by those frost knights that can end me in a 3-hit combo.

And I completely forgot how much I abused poison arrows in DS2. Trying them now and I guess it's been nerfed hard, I couldn't get it to proc on anything.

NEO0MJ

So, I just fought
Aldrich. Holy hell he does a lot of damage with each attack. Was also interesting to see that he devoured Gwyndolin. They didn't show his hallway for no reason, and I guess it makes sense that if they were ever to have a new boss wear an old one as a skin they'd go for him, considering his whole tentacle body thing. Wonder if there are any other callback bosses waiting, not just thematically.

Soodanim

Never played any souls, so as a noob should I play blind or should I look up lots of FAQ/guides to avoid pitfalls.

I don't mind guides that show spoilers so are there any guides that show you how to do as much of the interesting stuff (NPC quests?) in the fewest runs? Like a "most efficient run".
If you're at all interested in the story, there are summary videos on YouTube that can bring you up to speed in about 5 minutes for the short ones.

The basics are taught to you in the tutorial area, and the main thing to remember is that you will die, but in general the game won't be cheap. It's more your mistakes that lead to your death. Don't be too aggressive, and try to keep a little bit of stamina at all times so you can roll (it has i-frames) if needed. Observe enemy attacks and wait for your chance to strike.

Update: D
eacons of the Deep
is where I'm stuck in my no upgrade SL1 run. It's doable, but damn if it isn't likely going to be the hardest fight in the game for me. You can learn to dodge attacks all you want, you can only dodge so many at a time. I even beat C
rystal Sage
without too many problems. I'm thinking I need to just go along the other path for now, and hope for a better weapon or ashes that give me resins for sale.
I died twixe dodging heaps and shit.

Best them when I just got balls deep in the pack with a wide swinging weapon and destroyed it fucking stupidly easy.

Edit: soul level 1...yeah ok fuck that.

kagamin

More Untended Graves info if you didn't see it earlier...
so I left a message where Patches normall is in Firelink in Untended Graves, only to discover later that my message showed up in Firelink as well... interesting

Zoggy

you know for all the levels that they called back to, they didn't call back to still the best level ever in any souls game?

sens fortress.
maybe
cathedral of the deep
is kinda like it? nah, no its not, not even close.

Anyone else having DS4 controller issues ? The soul series has always had dodgy controller support but man it disconnects randomly and decides to not work, got D4Windows.

I am occasionally finding that my rolls and attacks don't come out despite me pressing the buttons... but that could simply be a timing mistake on my part. However, I've played Dark Souls 1 & 2 on PC with the same setup (wireless DS4 + DS4Windows) and haven't had any problems like this.

DarkStream

Soooo --

I think I've hit my first wall.
Played DaS, DaS2 and Bloodborne.
Just reached the I
rithyll of the Boreal
Valley,
The areas before that weren't my favourites. S
mouldering
L
ake
and D
emon
Ruins were a chore. Too many enemies in a tight space. Things are starting to kill me quite fast.

Now, I killed the
the big beast on the bridge
in I
rithyll of the Boreal
Valley, but man! After that, things start to kill me in like 2 hits, rolling is hard because the enemies seem to have loooooong combos that stagger you.

I rolled a dex char.
Vigor: 20
Endurance: 20
Dex: 25
STR: As much as need for a specific weapon

Rocking a Dark Blade +6

Any tips for this area? I'm about lvl 45, is that too low? It really breaks my flow.
Especially those tall dudes that make a flame column raise beneath you are a b*tch. Too man little guys surrounding them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom