• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferr986

Looking at the soundtrack, Kitamura did the best stuff easily (she was the one doing the most work so I guess it's expected). My fav tracks would b e

Dancer of the Boreal Valley
The Abyss Watchers
Prince of Lothric
and the Main/Title screen theme.

daninthemix

I finished the game for the first time yesterday and decided to look at a walkthrough to see what I missed...I missed the
Yorel/Yuria quest lines
...looking at the wiki/walkthrough it seems extremely convoluted and complicated...had to read it a few times and it still doesn't 100% make total sense...I can't believe people actually did this quest by going in blind...seems way more complicated then any of the quests in the previous Souls games

Yeah, and I'm not really sure of the benefit either.

Apparently people weren't kidding earlier when they said I had missed stuff if I was only at level 26 at the A
byss Watchers.
That was the third boss fight I beat, apparently I missed a boss fight and an entire subsequent area in R
oad of Sacrifices.
I was looking up a guide for the first boss I mentioned to try to see what I was doing wrong and saw a section on the second.

I felt like I explored that section pretty thoroughly, guess I'll have to go back.

i'm stuck in the
Cathedral of the Deep, i have no idea what to do with those two giants. there's two levers that let me lift two different walls, so am i supposed to trap the giants or something? i can't get them to move! the other one just flings shit at me lol, at least thats what it looks like.

daninthemix

i'm stuck in the
Cathedral of the Deep, i have no idea what to do with those two giants. there's two levers that let me lift two different walls, so am i supposed to trap the giants or something? i can't get them to move! the other one just flings shit at me lol, at least thats what it looks like.

kill them. attack their legs and dodge their stomps.

Hugstable

Banned
Is there a level I should not be going over if I wish to continue PVP to get the tokens for Covenants? I just want to finish my first playthrough normally then start to do Covenant stuff, just hope I'm not screwing myself out of doing all those since the potential player pool to be able to complete this will probably be reduced. Really want to get everything on this one characters with multiple playthroughs and not have to create a whole new characters lol

Kazuhira

Stuck fighting against
the dancer
,i've managed to reduce 3/4 of his/her health but somehow i always screw it up.
First time in a souls game that you have to fight one boss after another,so weird.Kinda dissapointed with the area leading to yorm,it was pretty short;I have mixed feelings about the bossfight because i didn't like that you're forced to use the storm sword but at the same time it was pretty fucking cool,just like in demon's

Makareu

i'm stuck in the

You dont have to kill the two
giants
if you dont want to. There are stairs behind the second one.

Stuck fighting against
the dancer
,i've managed to reduce 3/4 of his/her health but somehow i always screw it up.
First time in a souls game that you have to fight one boss after another,so weird.Kinda dissapointed with the area leading to yorm,it was pretty short;I have mixed feelings about the bossfight because i didn't like that you're forced to use the storm sword but at the same time it was pretty fucking cool,just like in demon's

You don't have to.
You can walk right out instead of initiating the fight.

So it says i don't have enough dex to use the bow I found, it has a red X on it, but I can still use it just fine. Can anyone help explain why that is? Why level up to use it if i dont have to?

Kazuhira

You don't have to.
You can walk right out instead of initiating the fight.
Yeah but it's kinda trollish,i mean the first time you wouldn't think that a new boss fight will trigger right away, i was like 'ok,now i'll climb the ladder and see what's in there,then i'll use my souls..wait what!?'
I guess the dancer is there to compensate for how easy the fight against yorm was.

Jintor

So it says i don't have enough dex to use the bow I found, it has a red X on it, but I can still use it just fine. Can anyone help explain why that is? Why level up to use it if i dont have to?

it's probably taking more stamina than normal, and way more time to fire

darksoulsiii_2016_04_sxaij.png

I love this armor set.

On the subject of bosses. How difficult do you guys think bosses will become after most of the players base move onto NG+ or stop playing?

In my first place through aside from the Champion and Giant, I didn't summon any help. I've rolled a new character and so far the only the only fight I've needed support with was the Tree & the Abyss Watchers. The Tree isn't really that difficult as much as you need to be able to hit certain weak spots, and some builds straight up struggle to reach that. I'm running a Halberd and that back spot if bullsh*t to reach. The Abyss Watchers are stupid easy with summoners. Soloing that is a massive pain if you aren't running a Strength build. If you can stagger that Boss and keep an eye on the other Watcher it's not that difficult.

Some bosses are going to be very tough to beat solo. I'm not looking forward to certain fights.

Kazuhira

Because you're using it with both hands,stats requirements are reduced a little bit if you hold it with both hands.
Not sure about talismans and staffs though.

mxgt

Banned
thanks, I totally forgot I even have him in my game. he randomly appeared in the shrine one time asking for forgiveness. no idea why.

Haha I had no idea either, but he basically
locks you in the tower behind Firelink Shrine. I didn't even notice as I jumped down after the lift to get an extra treasure I missed earlier.

LiK

thanks, I totally forgot I even have him in my game. he randomly appeared in the shrine one time asking for forgiveness. no idea why.

Oh, you missed
him locking the gate behind you in tower behind firelink. Basically his "I'll take all the treasure from your corpse" spiel. You see him there when you went back down the elevator after getting the Fire Keeper soul. It was a nice surprise.

Easier than NG for me. With Strength build you just melt healthbars of bosses so fast that you can almost skip phases entirely.

Excellent. Wanna get through all the NPC quests in NG+. My gal currently has 32 STR with Prisoner ring lol

ElFly

Are you sure you are not getting a penalty in damage? go check the damage it does, it should have a negative number after the base damage.

Namikaze1

I've been taking my sweet time with the game, which is a stark difference than what I did with Bloodborne. I've been putting at least 2 hours a day into the game. Almost done with clearing out U
ndead Settlement (just need to fight the boss)
. Was using a Broadsword up till recently. Currently using the Irithyll Straight Sword I got about 90 minutes ago.

One thing I will say is that the F
ire Demon
can kiss my ass. Died one too many times against it.
Said fuck it and cheesed him with the bow from afar. It was truly Siegward's victory. He fought that beast like a champ while I stood up on the roof like a coward.

Now to go and finish this area once and for all.

I have beaten every boss via jolly Cooperation, some I didn't even bother to try solo and did co-op first try. Right now I'm just finishing up the
Grand Archives

Am I scum? My friends who tend to be on the solo purist side look down upon me. :(

I swear in my next run I'll fight them solo!

LiK

I have beaten every boss via jolly Cooperation, some I didn't even bother to try solo and did co-op first try. Right now I'm just finishing up the
Grand Archives

Am I scum? My friends who tend to be on the solo purist side look down upon me. :(

Play however you want. Summons* are a part of the game. Solaire approves!

*if you can get a successful summon.

Gbraga

Road of Sacrifices is so awesome :')

Loved the boss fight as well, it's a
much more challenging (even if not much) Pinwheel.

Still have some more farming to do there, to get some nice drops from enemies, before I move on.

This game <3

I've been taking my sweet time with the game, which is a stark difference than what I did with Bloodborne. I've been putting at least 2 hours a day into the game. Almost done with clearing out U
ndead Settlement (just need to fight the boss)
. Was using a Broadsword up till recently. Currently using the Irithyll Straight Sword I got about 90 minutes ago.

One thing I will say is that the F
ire Demon
can kiss my ass. Died one too many times against it.
Said fuck it and cheesed him with the bow from afar. It was truly Siegward's victory. He fought that beast like a champ while I stood up on the roof like a coward.

Now to go and finish this area once and for all.

Is it actually a demon? Like, from the Bed of Chaos? It didn't drop anything to me, so I have no idea what exactly that thing is.

E92 M3

Grand Archives

You're just missing on some fun challenge.

Grand Archives

Boss fights are a snooze with help.

I always play first run beating bosses myself (or sometimes with the NPC summon for the storyline / meagre help).

Much more satisfying that waym

LiK

Yea, all bows are 2-handed. I'm guessing you just do way less damage without the required stats.

I'm gonna up my Dex so I can use one of the katanas. Wanna try that out in NG+.

NEO0MJ

OK, finally beat
Aldrich and am now fighting the dancer. I was lucky to run away with my souls. Really shouldn't have removed the homeward bone.
From just love using a late game boss for their previews, lol. Her dance move is a pain to deal with right now, so much range and it won't stop!

Kazuhira

Yeah,i couldn't summon a single phantom yet,covenants will be a pain in the ass i guess.
Maybe it's my internet conection,i dunno.

Grand Archives

fithly casual!!!
jk play the game however you want :)

ramyeon

What's the deal with (CoC spoilers)
the skeleton with the hat who helps you? Any lore or reason behind that? He is a true bro.
Skeleton that helps you? Only ones with hats I remember are the ones seemingly controlling the huge balls of skeletons. As soon as you kill them the balls explode on impact.

usp84

Looking at the soundtrack, Kitamura did the best stuff easily (she was the one doing the most work so I guess it's expected). My fav tracks would b e

Dancer of the Boreal Valley
The Abyss Watchers
Prince of Lothric
and the Main/Title screen theme.

Yeah Kitamura has composed some of the best tracks in Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne too.
Twin Princes is so good

Jharp

Man, why are so many people having trouble with Dancer? Yeah, he hits like a mack truck going down a hill with no breaks, but he's wicked slow and HEAVILY telegraphs nearly every attack. It's so easy to dodge and if you have a shield for backup just in case, there's no reason you should die. I will say the camera does get hung up on some of the environmental objects in a real annoying way at times, though. Unless people are accidentally initiating him during their first visit to the zone, I don't see why he should be so difficult.

Also, I finished Sirris' quest right up until you
kill Grandad Hodrick (thanks for the Mound-Makers, bro)
. Am I safe to run off and join Rosaria's Fingers so I can do her and Leonhard's quest, or can I still screw up Sirri's if I do that?

Dmax3901

Asked this a few days ago but never got a response:

If I'm a sword and board strength build (pyro on the side) what's a good longsword to try and get after irithyll frosty sword. I've had it for ages now but I'm looking for something better, any ideas?

saturnine

Grand Archives

yes, you are the vilest of scum.

summon to your heart's content. It's part of the game. I find it more interesting to try a solo boss run when you already know what to expect. you can make preparations and think up strategies, without feeling dejected because you're not making progress on your first run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom