• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
H
igh
L
ord
W
olnir
is the easiest damn boss when you know his gimmick. Second playthrough had him beat in under a minute.

saturnine

Man, why are so many people having trouble with Dancer? Yeah, he hits like a mack truck going down a hill with no breaks, but he's wicked slow and HEAVILY telegraphs nearly every attack. It's so easy to dodge and if you have a shield for backup just in case, there's no reason you should die. I will say the camera does get hung up on some of the environmental objects in a real annoying way at times, though. Unless people are accidentally initiating him during their first visit to the zone, I don't see why he should be so difficult.

Also, I finished Sirris quest right up until you
kill Grandad Hodrick (thanks for the Mound-Makers, bro)
. Am I safe to run off and join Rosaria's Fingers so I can do her and Leonhard's quest, or can I still screw up Sirri's if I do that?

Technically
her quest ends after you defeat the prince brothers (the last fight where you can summon her). You can then find her corpse outside firelink shrine. After that you can do Leonhard's quest.

Hugstable

Banned
H
igh
L
ord
W
olnir
is the easiest damn boss when you know his gimmick. Second playthrough had him beat in under a minute.

Funny enough that's the boss I've died to the most so far and I'm just getting to dancer right now. He kept getting me behind him and once your in that smoke it's pretty much insta death. I died like 8 times to him even with his super obvious weak points lol

myco666

Excellent. Wanna get through all the NPC quests in NG+. My gal currently has 32 STR with Prisoner ring lol

The difficulty picks up at
Dancer
since you could have +9 - +10 weapons at that point but it isn't really all that much harder if you know how to deal with the areas.

Bossun

Got the N
ameless King
after a dozen attempt or so. This guy is the true test of your patience with the wonky camera and infinite stamina.

ISee

I gave the Firekeeper
the eyes of the very first firekeeper. Now the music changed and all hope is lost. What have I done....
NOOOO!

Also
where/when is the dark shrine
located?
Is this what the world will turn into? Or is it a world where things went wrong?

I'm so confused.

NEO0MJ

I maxed it last night and it's pretty good but the range is so short. I do like the speed and the R2 charge is crazy powerful. Definitely feels different than most straight swords.

It's the one I'm using now as well. It took some time to adjust to its short range after using the machete for so long.

Kaibutsu

Asked this a few days ago but never got a response:

If I'm a sword and board strength build (pyro on the side) what's a good longsword to try and get after irithyll frosty sword. I've had it for ages now but I'm looking for something better, any ideas?

In addition to the Dark Sword which people have already mentioned, the M
orion Blade
is a beast and has the bleed effect on it, look up how to get it because it involves a character's questline. It also looks pretty bad ass. C/D scaling on it

Lakitu

st5fu
So... do I get the
third ending
if I become hollow and not
cure it?
What are the negatives and positives of being hollowed? I heard you can't summon other players... I don't know if it's worth it.

LiK

It's the one I'm using now as well. It took some time to adjust to its short range after using the machete for so long.

Yea, even the Bastard Sword had a longer range and I was using the Wolf Sword for a while too. Almost felt like switching to a dagger lol

Menome

So... do I get the
third ending
if I become hollow and not
cure it?
What are the negatives and positives of being hollowed? I heard you can't summon other players... I don't know if it's worth it.

The only noticeable difference is how you look. You can still summon/be summoned exactly the same as always.

Man I've still been at it doing NK for Sunlight Medallions. Mostly using the Dark Sword but I was getting bored so I decided to use the Guts Sword. Got it to +9 and thing does the same freaking damage per swing as the Dark Sword and takes twice the time to swing and maybe uses the stamina of 3 DS swings. What the hell was From thinking?

These ultra great swords need to be hitting for 500-700 per swing. Also why the heck does the (Ultra) Greatsword have quality scaling? lol

NEO0MJ

Yea, even the Bastard Sword had a longer range and I was using the Wolf Sword for a while too. Almost felt like switching to a dagger lol

It does feel ridiculously short. I never had such a strange disconnect when using a weapon like this before. Kept attacking out of range.

Regarding the two
dragons at Lothric castle
. Did I cheese it by accident? I climbed up the ladder before the boss room and attacked one of their claws on the roof, and both died! Was there another way I was supposed to do it, or was that it? Pretty anti-climactic.

Kazuhira

Funny enough that's the boss I've died to the most so far and I'm just getting to dancer right now. He kept getting me behind him and once your in that smoke it's pretty much insta death. I died like 8 times to him even with his super obvious weak points lol
Yeah,he kept instant killing me that i thought this battle was another seath situation and i needed to do something in the
cathedral
to weaken him.
I took the longest detour ever until i've reached
the smouldering lake
and i was like 'i have no idea what i'm doing'.
Then i realized how retard i was for not noticing the obvious weak spots.
Being lost in souls games is the best thing ever.

daninthemix

Just beat Aldrich first try, but I played really badly. I got hit a lot, used most of my estus and only survived through a war of attrition because I have 40 vigor.

LiK

It does feel ridiculously short. I never had such a strange disconnect when using a weapon like this before. Kept attacking out of range.

I actually switched swords during NK fight. Wolf Sword for first phase and Dark Sword for second. I needed the range for the first phase. Hehe

Jharp

Late game question question about a certain thief!

I'm at Lothric Castle, and I know Greirat will want to go back out soon. Should I send him or not? Should I tell Patches this time or not? Greirat's a bro, I don't want him dying on me!

daninthemix

Wow, just went back to Undead Settlement (after beating Aldrich) and the sky is red, Bloodborne-style.

Is that a thing? Or did I just not notice first time through?

ISee

Wow, just went back to Undead Settlement (after beating Aldrich) and the sky is red, Bloodborne-style.

Is that a thing? Or did I just not notice first time through?

It's definitely a thing. Just look at the 'sun'.
It now absolutely looks like the Dark Sign.

darksoulsiii_darksigntuaxy.jpg

H
igh
L
ord
W
olnir

Maybe,
if everything goes right. If things get out of control and he starts breathing and summons skeletons you can die pretty easily. Especially for newcomers and first attempts he can be pretty hard.

Trying to summon someone right now isn't working at all.

Trying to kill nameless kill. Restarted my ps4 internet is solid. I can see signs but I can't summon :(

Trying to summon someone right now isn't working at all.

Trying to kill nameless kill. Restarted my ps4 internet is solid. I can see signs but I can't summon :(

As Lik said, they get summoned fast. This is an issue around launch for Souls games. If you are in a Coop Hotspot, a sign on the ground for more than a second has likely already been summoned. Just keep trying and be very quick to grab them.

Gbraga

I'm not putting almost anything on Vigor and Endurance, 12/12 so far. Feels like a waste since I'm going quality and want Vitality for Fashion Souls. I hope I won't regret it :')

LiK

Nah that's not the issue I've had them appear under my feet immediately spammed summon and I get nothing :(

Same rules apply. They appear but someone still got them first. I've only been lucky when I get them just as they appear but not always successful. Ended up giving up on summoning.

LiK

Does you character really need to stay on the floor for a full five seconds after being knocked down? Bit beneath Miyazaki, no?

Yea, pretty BS. I got invaded for the first time last night and the guy parried me and then killed me with ONE blow while I was on the ground. I was at full health too. maybe he was overleveled but shit, I didn't even get to fight him.

So there is a titanite slab that is located at the bottom of an elevator but the elevator is inactive for me. Anyone know what I'm talking about and where to activate it? At work atm otherwise I'd research it but hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about so I can just get a quick answer

Onemic

How do you guys choose your armor in this game? Since you cant upgrade armor like in other DS titles, armor in this game feels much closer to BB. I've been rocking the Abyss Watchers set for a while now and see no real reason to switch to other medium armor sets unless a specific situation calls for it(like I need a ton of fire resistance). other than the very beginning of the game are there any sets of armor that are straight up better than other sets?(this is relative to their weight of course, otherwise I'd wear all heavy) Or do you just full on fashion souls it like in BB?

So there is a titanite slab that is located at the bottom of an elevator but the elevator is inactive for me. Anyone know what I'm talking about and where to activate it? At work atm otherwise I'd research it but hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about so I can just get a quick answer
You have to activate the elevator first.

It is the shortcut you unlock right before
the Princes boss battle
and it functions similarly to
the watchtower elevator where you meet Siegward, right before Road of Sacrifices.

the top of that elevator is next to the boss door of that area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom