• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you guys choose your armor in this game? Since you cant upgrade armor like in other DS titles, armor in this game feels much closer to BB. I've been rocking the Abyss Watchers set for a while now and see no real reason to switch to other medium armor sets unless a specific situation calls for it(like I need a ton of fire resistance). other than the very beginning of the game are there any sets of armor that are straight up better than other sets?(this is relative to their weight of course, otherwise I'd wear all heavy) Or do you just full on fashion souls it like in BB?

Fashion, but I think Fallen Knight is the best set for the first half of the game at least.

How do you guys choose your armor in this game? Since you cant upgrade armor like in other DS titles, armor in this game feels much closer to BB. I've been rocking the Abyss Watchers set for a while now and see no real reason to switch to other medium armor sets unless a specific situation calls for it(like I need a ton of fire resistance). other than the very beginning of the game are there any sets of armor that are straight up better than other sets?(this is relative to their weight of course, otherwise I'd wear all heavy) Or do you just full on fashion souls it like in BB?
fashion souls all the way breh

LiK

So there is a titanite slab that is located at the bottom of an elevator but the elevator is inactive for me. Anyone know what I'm talking about and where to activate it? At work atm otherwise I'd research it but hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about so I can just get a quick answer

What area is this?

Based on looks. I will switch it out based on resists for certain areas and bosses. Poison, curses etc. but other than that, go with what you like to look at.

Late game question question about a certain thief!

I'm at Lothric Castle, and I know Greirat will want to go back out soon. Should I send him or not? Should I tell Patches this time or not? Greirat's a bro, I don't want him dying on me!
No,
no matter what, if u send Greirat to Lothric Castle, he will die there.

Edit: double post, my bad

So there is a titanite slab that is located at the bottom of an elevator but the elevator is inactive for me. Anyone know what I'm talking about and where to activate it? At work atm otherwise I'd research it but hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about so I can just get a quick answer

You have to go through G
rand
A
rchives
first. Take the elevator down that is right
before the Princes boss fight.

Jolkien

I need help with Siegward quest

I have his armor but I can't throw it down the well near the cleansing chapel, only dialog choice I have is Do Nothing.

GulAtiCa

Did a few invasions before going to bed last night. Got summoned to a 1v4.... Hell, 2 of those were Blue Sentinels!! Oh boy... I did kill one of the phantoms and a Blue before I died, got close to killing the host. But man. lol

gk1225

Neo Member
Does anyone have an extra
Symbol of Avarice
to trade? I killed all of the
Mimics
and I never got one and returning to the "last" one isn't working. Thanks!

LiK

Did a few invasions before going to bed last night. Got summoned to a 1v4.... Hell, 2 of those were Blue Sentinels!! Oh boy... I did kill one of the phantoms and a Blue before I died, got close to killing the host. But man. lol

I need to have Blue Sentinels equipped for them to come help me if I get invaded, right?

The tower where
Patches traps you
is fucking stupid. Trying to land on the small platform is random. 70% of the time I just slide off it and die.

GulAtiCa

I need to have Blue Sentinels equipped for them to come help me if I get invaded, right?

The Way of Blue actually. You need to have Blue Sentinels cov equipped if you want to go help others when their invaded.

The tower where
Patches traps you
is fucking stupid. Trying to land on the small platform is random. 70% of the time I just slide off of it and die.
Homeward bone out.

GulAtiCa

Ah yes, that's what it was. I'll do that whenever I'm Embered. Wanna see ganks in person!

Just remember, unlike Dark Souls 2 (and 1? Never played 1 that much), enemies can/will go after Blues just like other summons. So a smart Red will use that against you all.

Finalow

Yea, pretty BS. I got invaded for the first time last night and the guy parried me and then killed me with ONE blow while I was on the ground. I was at full health too. maybe he was overleveled but shit, I didn't even get to fight him.
uh? You're invincible when you're on the ground, and when you roll out of it you never get hit unless the opponent has lag and an impeccable timing/luck on his side. and you got parried so that's entirely on you.

there was always a delay before you could do anything in these games after you get hit by a strong move and end up in the ground, you especially notice that against bosses.

LiK

uh? You're invincible when you're on the ground, and when you roll out of it you never get hit unless the opponent has lag and an impeccable timing/luck on his side. and you got parried so that's entirely on you.

there was always a delay before you could do anything in these games after you get hit by a strong move and end up in the ground, you especially notice that against bosses.

Nope, he killed me while I was flat faced on the ground. I was pressing buttons to roll away but no dice. If there was a delay or lag, not my fault since I was dead before I could do anything.

Floody

The tower where
Patches traps you
is fucking stupid. Trying to land on the small platform is random. 70% of the time I just slide off it and die.

I found rolling off to work most of the time (well 2/3 times I tried it), jumping would always kill me.

Onemic

Yea, pretty BS. I got invaded for the first time last night and the guy parried me and then killed me with ONE blow while I was on the ground. I was at full health too. maybe he was overleveled but shit, I didn't even get to fight him.

And this is why I stay unembered for like 95% of the game unless I need help with a boss or want to pvp

charsace

Same. My Pyro chaos orb was working fine until this point, now it doesn't do enough damage versus how quick the mobs are or they swarm. I've been slowly raising int/faith (25/22 currently) while I made a solid foundation in other stats. But now it seems like I need 30/30 or 40/40. I keep dying to a certain frostbite giving knight mob after fighting through hollow peons that are much more difficult than they used to be.
Embrace the darkness to dominate.

LiK

Ah. Same thing happened to me - parry counter, then killed in one hit when on the ground. Thought maybe it was just the weapon that could kill you when knocked down.
glad I'm not alone. I didn't know it was possible either.

And this is why I stay unembered for like 95% of the game unless I need help with a boss or want to pvp

I didn't get invaded until last night and it was very late game so it was unexpected. I was just ring hunting. Will probably just go offline in NG+ while I do the NPC quests, I don't need invaders to mess up my flow.

glad I'm not alone. I didn't know it was possible either.

Had this happen twice just last night. One guy had a lightning spear and another had a great axe. Both times the parry knocked the player down and was unable to move for the next attack.

Onemic

Same. My Pyro chaos orb was working fine until this point, now it doesn't do enough damage versus how quick the mobs are or they swarm. I've been slowly raising int/faith (25/22 currently) while I made a solid foundation in other stats. But now it seems like I need 30/30 or 40/40. I keep dying to a certain frostbite giving knight mob after fighting through hollow peons that are much more difficult than they used to be.

Get those dark tomes and destroy everything in sight. Rapport is the ultimate spell

Finalow

Nope, he killed me while I was flat faced on the ground. I was pressing buttons to roll away but no dice. If there was a delay or lag, not my fault since I was dead before I could do anything.
well you got parried so at least you attacked once. you're definitely invincible when you're on the ground like that (for obvious reasons) so I have no idea how he could hit you- unless you didn't realize it was the parry / riposte animation? With the hornet ring you get new riposte animations depending on the weapon, with some weapons you get hit 2 or 3 times before the animation ends, and the damage is displayed for each single hit.

it's probably that, being hit when you were on the ground was the last animation of the riposte. and being parried by someone using the hornet ring can definitely translate into you getting one-shotted.

It was a gigantic greatsword.
ok, it was definitely the riposte animation.

getting hit while you're technically ''helpless on the ground'' by anything else would be impossible.

J-Rod

Does anyone have an extra
Symbol of Avarice
to trade? I killed all of the
Mimics
and I never got one and returning to the "last" one isn't working. Thanks!

I know you said you killed them all, but if there are any left alive, you can do the talisman trick to pretty much guarantee a drop.

Bluenoser

Has anyone else had issues with multiplayer? After every boss I run around in ember mode until I die, and I've never been invaded. I think someone tried to invade me in the main PVP area in
Anor Londo,
but it must have failed because the fog disappeared and no one showed up. Also when I was trying to summon for
Pontiff Sulyvahn
, I had lots of trouble. Is it my connection maybe?

lunlunqq

The fucking NK. He's like no other bosses in the game. I can get his first phase down pretty easily. Then he always rekt me in seconds in his second phase. What seems to be very simple swinging attacks are just so hard to dodge. I guess his attacks just have unusually large hitboxes and a ridiculous amount of tracking to them. Unless I change things up dramatically, he seems to be impossible to beat for me right now. :(

Has anyone else had issues with multiplayer? After every boss I run around in ember mode until I die, and I've never been invaded. I think someone tried to invade me in the main PVP area in
Anor Londo,
but it must have failed because the fog disappeared and no one showed up. Also when I was trying to summon for
Pontiff Sulyvahn
, I had lots of trouble. Is it my connection maybe?
Multiplayer can be a bit buggy. Ice skating hosts, uncrossable fog gates, etc have been widely reported, but for the most part multiplayer functions pretty well.

Had a really lovely invasion experience. Chap invaded me, then one of the covenant invaders joined in. I watched them have a scrap. Red invader wins, he watches me take on the enemies just post P
ontiff
S
ulyvahn
, we have a good little fight, he gets me down to minimal health. I use prostration, he bows and leaves my game.

What a nice guy.

Also I was wearing the big hat and a loincloth.

The fucking NK. He's like no other bosses in the game. I can get his first phase down pretty easily. Then he always rekt me in seconds in his second phase. What seems to be very simple swinging attacks are just so hard to dodge. I guess his attacks just have unusually large hitboxes and a ridiculous amount of tracking to them. Unless I change things up dramatically, he seems to be impossible to beat for me right now. :(

It's the delay not the hitboxes, all his attacks are on a certain delay that makes them harder to dodge. The 3 combo swing is the easiest one, the piercing attacks have a longer delay and are thus harder to dodge. You can definitely do it if you get into that rhythm, just try waiting longer on some of your dodges.

LiK

well you got parried so at least you attacked once. you're definitely invincible when you're on the ground like that (for obvious reasons) so I have no idea how he could hit you- unless you didn't realize it was the parry / riposte animation? With the hornet ring you get new riposte animations depending on the weapon, with some weapons you get hit 2 or 3 times before the animation ends, and the damage is displayed for each single hit.

it's probably that, being hit when you were on the ground was the last animation of the riposte. and being parried by someone using the hornet ring can definitely translate into you getting one-shotted.

Yea yea, it was all my fault for getting parried and then getting killed on the ground without a chance to fight back even tho I was at full health with 27 Vigor while I was on the ground. I had plenty of life after he parried/riposted me. He happened to killed me with another move while I was on the ground. Other guys here just posted it happened to them too so that's fun.

ok, it was definitely the riposte animation.

getting hit while you're technically '' helpless on the ground'' by anything else would be impossible.

Great, and I thought katanas/rapiers were the the scourge of invaders

Dimmle

Does it seem like regular co-op is harder to find in DS3? I'm not sure if I'm over-leveled or what but at 78 I can't even find a bite at L
orthric
C
astle

SkylineRKR

Had some good duels next to the PF bonfire. Phantoms would just wait in line until it was their turn. Never 2 v 1's. Won a few in a row, then lost one against someone who hit me even though i clearly evaded in time, must've been lag. But this has always been a problem in Souls for me.

I'm seriously considering a Luck build btw.

I have that sword, and I have a Blood Uchi. Higher Item find too ofcourse. Would be fun with Luck build I think?

Finalow

Yea yea, it was all my fault for getting parried and then getting killed on the ground without a chance to fight back even tho I was at full health with 27 Vigor while I was on the ground. I had plenty of life after he parried/riposted me. He happened to killed me with another move while I was on the ground. Other guys here just posted it happened to them too so that's fun.
?? that ''other move'' was the last riposte animation, it wasn't him cheating or the game lagging or whatever. 27 vigor definitely means that you get one-shotted by UGSwords + hornet ring.

you're not the only one who didn't know that here, that's fair, I'm just explaining how it works.

Does it seem like regular co-op is harder to find in DS3? I'm not sure if I'm over-leveled or what but at 78 I can't even find a bite at L
orthric
C
astle
Some areas are definitely more active than others, though generally it shouldn't take you too long to get summoned in any area. In one of the endgame areas, you get summoned within literally seconds of throwing down your sign, while I had to wait like 5 min yesterday to get summoned outside of the AW fight.

I know you said you killed them all, but if there are any left alive, you can do the talisman trick to pretty much guarantee a drop.
whats the trick?

Are you on? Wanna summon me? I can be online in 20 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom