• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

?? that ''other move'' was the last riposte animation, it wasn't him cheating or the game lagging or whatever. 27 vigor definitely means that you get one-shotted by UGSwords + hornet ring.

you're the not only one who didn't know that here, that's fair, I'm just explaining how it works.

Seems way too OP for PVP. Maybe I'll look into this for Paletongues.

gk1225

Neo Member
I know you said you killed them all, but if there are any left alive, you can do the talisman trick to pretty much guarantee a drop.

Yeah, unfortunately they are all dead. I went back to all the locations to see if it was sitting there but I found nothing. I read that it would appear by the "last" location by
Dragonslayer Armor
but it hasn't appeared for me. If anyone has one it would be greatly appreciated, just trying to grind covenant items.

Korosenai

I've gone to every area and waited as a dark moon for at least ten minutes and no summons.

Oh but if I use a red eye orb? I'm in a world invading before I can even finish using the item.

Finalow

Seems way too OP for PVP. Maybe I'll look into this for Paletongues.
it's not OP because parrying in PvP isn't easy, and most people who are bad at it just spam the parry mindlessly and die because of it.
also you should definitely get more Vigor, 35 or 40 should be enough to avoid getting killed by a single big sword + hornet ring riposte most of the time.

pringles

Am I overleveled for Irythyll? I'm level 51 and barely finding anyone to summon. Enemies are a pain in this area..
Also anyone else having issues with never being able to summon 2 helpers? Even if I see a bunch of summon signs on the ground, as soon as I summon one person the others disappear and then I never find any summon signs again. Overall there seems to be a lot of network issues. Unable to summon, connection loss, phantoms gliding around with no animations..

LiK

it's not OP because parrying in PvP isn't easy, and most people who are bad at it just spam the parry mindlessly and die because of it.
also you should definitely get more Vigor, 35 or 40 should be enough to avoid getting killed by a single big sword + hornet ring riposte most of the time.

He was using the Small Leather Shield. Makes it way easier to parry. I should've tried to backstab instead. Anyway, I ended up waiting for him at a bonfire so i lost nothing except the time. I had to wait for him to show up. I wasn't gonna let him lure me into a gankfest with AI.

I still think it's OP.

Meccs

One question regarding PvP and co-op. The meta seems to be 100 or 120 as far as I know. When I stop at 110 I'll be able to play with/against SL100 and SL120 people? Is this correct?

Hugstable

Banned
Anyone on PS4 wanna grind some purple shackles with me sometime this coming weekend? I'm planning to play a crapton today and tomorrow so don't know how far I will get, but plan to beat the game. I'm level 71 right now and at Dancer, so I'll probably be like 80-90 or so when I finish if I keep leveling up. Don't know what the range is for co=op levels. I'm not sure what the best way to go about it is, except maybe taking turns killing each other off after summoning? I think it's got to be the one who got summoned that has to do the kill to get shackle, not sure if host can get it or not.

LiK

Anyone on PS4 wanna grind some purple shackles with me sometime this coming weekend? I'm planning to play a crapton today and tomorrow so don't know how far I will get, but plan to beat the game. I'm level 71 right now and at Dancer, so I'll probably be like 80-90 or so when I finish if I keep leveling up. Don't know what the range is for co=op levels. I'm not sure what the best way to go about it is, except maybe taking turns killing each other off after summoning? I think it's got to be the one who got summoned that has to do the kill to get shackle, not sure if host can get it or not.

You don't need to worry about levels if you do the password with friend method to summon. One of the best aspects they took from BB's coop mechanic.

I've already maxed the Darkmoon covenant. What's your level and weapon level? If you are levels 60-100 you should at least be getting summoned in the areas I mentioned at least once per 10 minutes. I was getting a string of 4-5 summons during certain moments as well. How long do you usually wait when you get there? Sometimes you do have to wait 5-10 minutes. but it's garuanteed faster than the shitty drop method.

Just go to the Belfry bonfire in
Archdragon Peak
and kill some of the enemies near there for 5-10 minutes, pretty sure you'll get a summon eventually. Same for the
Grand Archives.
I've had the most there. Just stand in the
Lothric Castle
bonfire room (not any boss rooms).

I've had it on since, I don't know, SL 90 or so. I think I'm around 120 now. Now all my weapons that I use are +10, but they were +7-+9 previously when I still had no luck with this covenant. I've stood at the bonfire you've had the most summons at for an hour with 0 summons.

Yeah,i couldn't summon a single phantom yet,covenants will be a pain in the ass i guess.
Maybe it's my internet conection,i dunno.

probably not your connection, these games always have issues, ever since Demon's Souls i've had severe problems while dozens of other games work just fine online.

i remember in Dark Souls for the first fucking month i couldn't connect to anyone, then after a patch or two it kinda worked but barely and no one ever rated any of my messages, they probably never showed up for anyone i guess..

Dark Souls 2, ehh.. almost nothing worked online for me. still no one rating on my msgs, no one invades me, summons only worked 1/10 of the time.. etc etc. massive problems.

Bloodborne.. summons worked randomly, if i left the bell ringing for an hour or more. very hard to find other players in chalices.. one time i left it searching for 3 hours and nothing.

and now Dark Souls 3, constantly failing summons, all the time, everywhere.

i don't think From has many netcode experts.

Hugstable

Banned
You don't need to worry about levels if you do the password with friend method to summon. One of the best aspects they took from BB's coop mechanic.

oh that's cool! Never knew about that! That would make co-op much easier especially with friends!

neoism

sooo much better lol got 10 sun bro medals in an hour... only lost 2 dancers fights....
holyshit though this game makes downloads slower the fuck.... on ps4 dling mirrors edge beta...

LiK

probably not your connection, these games always have issues, ever since Demon's Souls i've had severe problems while dozens of other games work just fine online.

i remember in Dark Souls for the first fucking month i couldn't connect to anyone, then after a patch or two it kinda worked but barely and no one ever rated any of my messages, they probably never showed up for anyone i guess..

Dark Souls 2, ehh.. almost nothing worked online for me. still no one rating on my msgs, no one invades me, summons only worked 1/10 of the time.. etc etc. massive problems.

Bloodborne.. summons worked randomly, if i left the bell ringing for an hour or more. very hard to find other players in chalices.. one time i left it searching for 3 hours and nothing.

and now Dark Souls 3, constantly failing summons, all the time, everywhere.

i don't think From has many netcode experts.
DkS2 probably worked the best outta all the Souls games for me. I played so much coop and it was a blast to help people. Online in BB and DkS3 has been super bad.

oh that's cool! Never knew about that! That would make co-op much easier especially with friends!

Yea, if your friends are higher level, they will scale
down to the host of the world so they can't just tank everything for you.

Tecnniqe

Banned
C331EF334BEA9D9F04EEEEC0177796031F808822

lol

Steel

Banned
DkS2 probably worked the best outta all the Souls games for me. I played so much coop and it was a blast to help people. Online in BB and DkS3 has been super bad.

DKS3 multiplayer/co-op(been letting my friends summon me, been going solo personally) has worked pretty consistently for me with passwords. The only problem comes up is when you're greatly out of each other's level range with a password. Nowhere near as bad as Bloodborne. Hell, it's better than launch DKS1, almost as good as launch DKS2.

LiK

DKS3 multiplayer/co-op(been letting my friends summon me, been going solo personally) has worked pretty consistently for me with passwords. The only problem comes up is when you're greatly out of each other's level range with a password. Nowhere near as bad as Bloodborne. Hell, it's better than launch DKS1, almost as good as launch DKS2.
we can all agree BB online is the worst. Stupid bells that never worked.

Finalow

He was using the Small Leather Shield. Makes it way easier to parry. I should've tried to backstab instead. Anyway, I ended up waiting for him at a bonfire so i lost nothing except the time. I had to wait for him to show up. I wasn't gonna let him lure me into a gankfest with AI.

I still think it's OP.
the Buckler is the easiest/best shield to parry with, but there isn't a big difference as long as you use small shields, which are the best option if you want to parry, yes.

if anything, the hornet ring could be labelled as (slightly) OP, but parrying certainly isn't and never was, it's quite the opposite of what defines something overpowered. you can always do some invasions or PvP duels and see for yourself how not easy parrying is and how punishable the L2 spam is.

SkylineRKR

In BB I never had a single co-op session, ever. I tried quite a few times but just gave up. I only succeeded in chalice via the makeshift tombstone. But even that was finicky.

SotFS PS4 has been a great online experience for me. It always worked. DS3 works too, I got into sunbro co-op lots of times, but its been going a bit downwards lately.

I think DS2 is seriously underrated, I miss its PvP (so far, DS3 invasions has been mostly me vs 2 or 3 guys) and I miss the build variety. Its too frustrating to try mid to late game with greatswords, let alone magic.

J-Rod

What is this trick?

Using a loyd's talisman/hunter charm on a mimic will make it fall asleep, letting you loot it without killing. There is also a chance of the headpiece spawning each time. You can just keep using charms on a single mimic until you get the headpiece. You have to wait for it to wake back up before using another charm, and you can only carry 5 charms before replenishing. Also, it doesn't show up as a glowing item, so you just have to check each time.

Dammit, didn't know that Hollow Infusion turns a weapon to Luck scaling. My luck build would be going so much better if I knew that.

On the other hand I'm having a ton of fun with my Poison-infused Luck Build Painting Guardian's Sword. Stacking Bleed and Poison on enemies and unsuspecting Red Phantoms is actually a lot of fun. You can kinda tell when Red Phantoms get hit and don't take a lot of damage they don't realize how quick my Bleed/Poison hits build and then all of a sudden their health takes a huge hit and starts ticking down and they start running from me to heal.

Good times.

GulAtiCa

Dark Souls 2 co-op/pvp invasions/pvp arena/pvp red sopasigns/covenant summons (Blue, Bell Tower, Rat) worked 100% for me all the time.

Dark Souls 3 co-op/invasions works 100% and fast for me, constantly finding people to invade. But the covenant summons (Blue, Watchdogs, etc) seem to never work for me.

Wish the Watchdogs cov was more like the Bell Tower cov, as the Bell Tower cov from DK2 got me constant summons.

LiK

Using a loyd's talisman/hunter charm on a mimic will make it fall asleep, letting you loot it without killing. There is also a chance of the headpiece spawning each time. You can just keep using charms on a single mimic until you get the headpiece. You have to wait for it to wake back up before using another charm, and you can only carry 5 charms before replenishing. Also, it doesn't show up as a glowing item, so you just have to check each time.

Whoa, hunter charms work like Lloyd's talismans? I had no idea.

Dahbomb

Co-oping with other people as in you offering help gets you summoned in seconds. Go to the NK boss or any late game boss and out down a Sign... you will be summoned in 2 seconds. I don't think I have had to wait more than 4 seconds to get summoned for a boss.

However, trying to summon yourself is a crap shoot because summons get snatched up quick and the signs don't update as quick so you end up trying the summon people who have already been summoned.

J-Rod

Is there any reason not to kill
patches
after you have bought
siegwards armor
off of him?

He is the only source of
poison arrows
that I know of, but other than losing him as a vendor, there are no repercussions. He can be used to save
greirat
on his second outing, but it is unnecessary if you use
siggy to save him.

SkylineRKR

Had a really lovely invasion experience. Chap invaded me, then one of the covenant invaders joined in. I watched them have a scrap. Red invader wins, he watches me take on the enemies just post P
ontiff
S
ulyvahn
, we have a good little fight, he gets me down to minimal health. I use prostration, he bows and leaves my game.

What a nice guy.

Also I was wearing the big hat and a loincloth.

I had the exact same experience there just a few hours ago. Guy did chameleon, watched me duke it out against another guy. I won. Then another guy came along, I went spectator and they battled. One gestured near death and left.

LiK

Co-oping with other people as in you offering help gets you summoned in seconds. Go to the NK boss or any late game boss and out down a Sign... you will be summoned in 2 seconds. I don't think I have had to wait more than 4 seconds to get summoned for a boss.

However, trying to summon yourself is a crap shoot because summons get snatched up quick and the signs don't update as quick so you end up trying the summon people who have already been summoned.

I think I'll try helping people tonight just to get to 10 Sunbro medals. I wish when you ask for summons, they let you do a summon all players where you automatically get into a queue to get anyone without trying to summon each person specifically. That would make it a breeze.

Brohan

He is the only source of
poison arrows
that I know of, but other than losing him as a vendor, there are no repercussions. He can be used to save
greirat
on his second outing, but it is unnecessary if you use
siggy to save him.

Ok Thanks. How do i get
siggy to save greirat?
I already gave
siegward his armor back
, is that all i need to do? Or do i need to
encounter siegward in the valley before sending greirat there
?

Wow, ok. I'm guessing I'm just getting more familiar but all of the toughies from playthrough one aren't making me break a sweat. Don't think I've died more than once on any boss. Also beat the hardest boss in the game, the Fire Keeper Set ledge, second try.

Steel

Banned
I think I'll try helping people tonight just to get to 10 Sunbro medals. I wish when you ask for summons, they let you do a summon all players where you automatically get into a queue to get anyone without trying to summon each person specifically. That would make it a breeze.

You could always invade people for sunbro medals. I have 30 and I've only been summoned as a sunbro 8 times. It makes no sense that you get sunbro medals when you murder a sunbro and when you murder someone as a sunbro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom