• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Rod

Ok Thanks. How do i get
siggy to save greirat?
I already gave
siegward his armor back
, is that all i need to do? Or do i need to
encounter siegward in the valley before sending greirat there
?

You'll need to find
siegward
in
Irythil of the boreal valley. He will be in a kitchen sitting in front of a fire with a pot of estus soup nearby.
Usually what I do that seems to work is
when I see and confirm siegward is in the kitchen, I immediately go back to firelink without talking to him. I speak to greirat who asks to plunder ithiryll and let him go. Then I head straight back to kitchen where siegward is and exhaust his dialog. After you beat the area boss, greirat should be back safe and sound.

Twin Princes was where I got all my Sunbro medals.

Occasionally having to watch the cutscene is a good trade off for a quick, easy boss fight that most dont die too.

As opposed to someone like NK, who kills your host so fast.

Brohan

You'll need to find
siegward
in
Irythil of the boreal valley. He will be in a kitchen sitting in front of a fire with a pot of estus soup nearby.
Usually what I do that seems to work is
when I see and confirm siegward is in the kitchen, I immediately go back to firelink without talking to him. I speak to greirat who asks to plunder ithiryll and let him go. Then I head straight back to kitchen where siegward is and exhaust his dialog. After you beat the area boss, greirat should be back safe and sound.

Thank you very very much. And after i have exhausted
Siegwards
dialog.. Is it save to rest and go to other area's etc before defeating the area boss?

_Legacy_

The NK summons are nuts, I'm getting summoned every 30 seconds right now. Only 7 more for the max Warriors of Sunlight reward. Really can't stand the host who are letting the phantoms do all the work and not joining in, I tend to leave if I see that happening.

J-Rod

Co-oping with other people as in you offering help gets you summoned in seconds. Go to the NK boss or any late game boss and out down a Sign... you will be summoned in 2 seconds. I don't think I have had to wait more than 4 seconds to get summoned for a boss.

However, trying to summon yourself is a crap shoot because summons get snatched up quick and the signs don't update as quick so you end up trying the summon people who have already been summoned.

It kind of sucks that I rarely see helper signs anymore. I get summoned instantly and get a lot of dark moon action so I know my online is working. I guess there are just a lot more people looking for help than offering, which surprises me considering how many fans say they don't like receiving help. Either that or my level is way off the zone. Lvl 41 in
anor londo

myco666

So any build recommendations? Going to NG++ soon and already played through the game twice with a Str build so might as well change now and try something different.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Really enjoyed the
Dragonslayer Armour
boss battle. Compared to the previous bosses this one was just generally simple and straightforward, which was a great breath of fresh air in a way. The
Grand Archives
is also pretty freaking sweet and has some fun enemies. I love fighting knights in this game, so that whole section after
Pontiff Sulyvahn
was just awesome for me.

J-Rod

Thank you very very much. And after i have exhausted
Siegwards
dialog.. Is it save to rest and go to other area's etc before defeating the area boss?

Yep, I think you are safe to do whatever at that point.
G-rat
will still be
afk
until you defeat the boss, but should be fine whenever you decide to.

Honestly, I'm not sure if
going as far as progressing siegward's quest further in ithiryll dungeon before greirat returns
will break
him being saved by siegward
, though. I would guess not, but not totally sure.

Oh and one more thing: Do not step foot in
ithryll dungeon before encountering siegward in ithryll of the boreal valley. I think just zoning into the dungeon before the kitchen scene breaks that part of the quest.

LiK

I'm sure it's been said before, but does anyone have some good tips for NK? He wrecks my shit like nobody's business.

Learn the patterns and dodge. Once you figure out the timing, it's not super hard anymore. Raise your lightning resist too.

The NK summons are nuts, I'm getting summoned every 30 seconds right now. Only 7 more for the max Warriors of Sunlight reward. Really can't stand the host who are letting the phantoms do all the work and not joining in, I tend to leave if I see that happening.

Can't blame the host. Maybe they're being cautious so they don't die and waste the entire session and have to go through summoning hell again. I played real carefully as a host. Leaving them seems kinda harsh. Show them how good you are!

Brohan

Yep, I think you are safe to do whatever at that point.
G-rat
will still be
afk
until you defeat the boss, but should be fine whenever you decide to.
You are the best! Thanks alot.

I really think
greirat
Is one of the coolest npcs so your info is really helpful.

Graciaus

I beat the game yesterday at SL 88. Didn't summon and 2 handed the Uchigata the entire game rolling through everything. I think they borrowed way to much from Bloodborne. Not sure if I could have even beat some of the bosses with a shield and blocking instead of rolling. Regular enemies do crazy damage. The people who beat this at SL1 are nuts.

Half the bosses were a joke but there were several difficult ones. But I think they are made harder since they are ultra aggressive and would work better in Bloodborne.
Pontiff Sulyvahn - First real boss.
Aldrich, Devourer of Gods - First time I changed my armor to protect against magic. That bow attack in the second phase killed me more then anything.
Dancer of the Boreal Valley - Took a few tries.
Princes - Hardest fight in the game IMO. Relentless and any mistake is a quick death. The fact that they taunt you after killing you is even worse. Why there is such a long path to the boss is also annoying.
Nameless King - Horrible camera makes the first part a chore. It's not even hard and is there just to waste your time. Sometimes I could do it without being hit once and other times I'd have to heal a few times. The dragon breath attack in the air I never found a way to dodge. If the first part didn't exist I don't think this boss wouldn't be as hard.

Failed every NPC quest. Missed 2 shards and 1 bone. Missed 3 covenants. Missed an entire area as well. Going to NG+ trying to use a bow this time.

myco666

I'm about to go for a dex/luck build with a hollow estoc. Seems fun.

How is the stat distribution on that?

Can't blame the host. Maybe they're being cautious so they don't die and waste the entire session and have to go through summoning hell again. I played real carefully as a host. Leaving them seems kinda harsh. Show them how good you are!

There is a clear difference where host is playing cautious and host not doing anything. I've literally had hosts using sleep gestures during whole bossfights and not doing any attacks.

Dahbomb

It kind of sucks that I rarely see helper signs anymore. I get summoned instantly and get a lot of dark moon action so I know my online is working. I guess there are just a lot more people looking for help than offering, which surprises me considering how many fans say they don't like receiving help. Either that or my level is way off the zone. Lvl 41 in
anor londo
Game is still early and people are first trying to beat before offering help themselves. That ratio will stabilize after a while.

Not sure if I could have even beat some of the bosses with a shield and blocking instead of rolling.
You can't. Or at least you can't fight these bosses entirely by just blocking, you have to roll at some point or another. Maybe the Greatshields can sort of get you by on some bosses but even that is doubtful. Bosses hit hard and fast in this one.

J-Rod

You are the best! Thanks alot.

I really think
greirat
Is one of the coolest npcs so your info is really helpful.

You're welcome. That character is one my favorites, too. Definitely gave me the most feels. I think you're ok, but updated the last post with more info.

Dahbomb

I dunno, I feel like I had more frequent anonymous coop encounters when Dark Souls II launched.
Just wait around the bosses and spam all the signs. I see a ton of signs, it's just a matter of luck to pick up the one that hasn't been picked up first. Fresh signs generally have the highest chance to get summoned (you can tell they are fresh if you hear their sound popping up).

It may take a while though.

DS3 co-op is way easier than BB launch co-op though. That was damn near unplayable.

Korosenai

How do you beat people using dragonslayer swordspear? The hit boxes on that weapon are fucking ridiculous.

It hits you even if you're two feet away from where it slams on the ground.

I beat the game yesterday at SL 88. Didn't summon and 2 handed the Uchigata the entire game rolling through everything. I think they borrowed way to much from Bloodborne. Not sure if I could have even beat some of the bosses with a shield and blocking instead of rolling. Regular enemies do crazy damage. The people who beat this at SL1 are nuts.

Half the bosses were a joke but there were several difficult ones. But I think they are made harder since they are ultra aggressive and would work better in Bloodborne.
Pontiff Sulyvahn - First real boss.
Aldrich, Devourer of Gods - First time I changed my armor to protect against magic. That bow attack in the second phase killed me more then anything.
Dancer of the Boreal Valley - Took a few tries.
Princes - Hardest fight in the game IMO. Relentless and any mistake is a quick death. The fact that they taunt you after killing you is even worse. Why there is such a long path to the boss is also annoying.
Nameless King - Horrible camera makes the first part a chore. It's not even hard and is there just to waste your time. Sometimes I could do it without being hit once and other times I'd have to heal a few times. The dragon breath attack in the air I never found a way to dodge. If the first part didn't exist I don't think this boss wouldn't be as hard.

Failed every NPC quest. Missed 2 shards and 1 bone. Missed 3 covenants. Missed an entire area as well. Going to NG+ trying to use a bow this time.

I'm using Uchigata too (Sharp+10) and I'm close to the end of the game. How did you develop your build ?

Trying to get a judge on how far into the game I am. Really hoping I'm not near the end, but feeling like it. Please just PM me the reply, I'm avoiding this thread in hopes of playing spoiler free, but I don't want to beat the game on accident.

I'm at Lothric Castle fighting the Dragonslayer Armor or whatever he is called. Weapons are +9, so I'm betting this is almost it. However I haven't went through the Untended Graves yet.

LiK

There is a clear difference where host is playing cautious and host not doing anything. I've literally had hosts using sleep gestures during whole bossfights and not doing any attacks.

Well, if that happens, eff them.

_Legacy_

This, NK is hard enough but trying to help while the host is on the outskirts just running in circles is annoying.

Dimmle

Just wait around the bosses and spam all the signs. I see a ton of signs, it's just a matter of luck to pick up the one that hasn't been picked up first. Fresh signs generally have the highest chance to get summoned (you can tell they are fresh if you hear their sound popping up).

It may take a while though.

DS3 co-op is way easier than BB launch co-op though. That was damn near unplayable.
I've probably done more coop in this game through the password system alone (thanks for that, From) but I can't seem to get anyone to summon me, even in areas where I would expect I'm not terribly above the level curve.

Finally managed to beat the N
ameless King.
Got through the first phase without taking damage, burned an ember midway through the second phase, rolled over the spears, artfully dodged the lightning,then got skewered. It took another several, less interesting attempts before I repeated the above and manged to avoid being skewered. What a fantastic boss.

Onto NG+, and hopefully a better/more interesting ending.

LiK

Finally managed to beat the N
ameless King.
Got through the first phase without taking damage, burned an ember midway through the second phase, rolled over the spears, artfully dodged the lightning,then got skewered. It took another several, less interesting attempts before I repeated the above and manged to avoid being skewered. What a fantastic boss.

Onto NG+, and hopefully a better/more interesting ending.

I keep forgetting I can use embers in battle.

S
moldering Lake
has just been a haunting, but enjoyable area. Totally missed it my first time through the area.

This game is so good, balance / upgrade material / technical issues aside.

Dimmle

So I'm not done with the game and don't want to get in too deep but: after reading A
ldrich
's Soul description my mind is inundated (unintentional pun?) with lore implications.

Just planning on going 40/40 for dex and luck.

Graciaus

I'm using Uchigata too (Sharp+10) and I'm close to the end of the game. How did you develop your build ?
Pretty standard stuff.

Vigor - 35
Endurance - 40
Dex - 40
Strength - 13

Fallen knight set the whole game. Ring of favor, estus ring, chloranthy ring, ring of steel protection. Had prisoner's chain on but once I hit 40 endurance it stopped giving me stamina so I took it off.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Holy god this concord grind. And I thought swordgrass was annoying. So close to 100% tho.

Silver knights at anor londo drop it. Put on the mimmic helmet for item find boost. I farmed silver knight set in 20 mins n got 3 concord in that time

Taruranto

Started a new chara as a mage again, this time I'll stay on the mage path for all its course, using the previous playthough knowledge.

Honestly, I'm starting to believe they didn't bother to play-test a sorcerer pass the tutorial. That, or Miyazaki hates magic. After BB and DS3, if the next soul game has shit magic again I expect him to come out and emulate the other Miyazaki: "Sorcery was a mistake, it's nothing but trash".

Steel

Banned
So what are the duel areas again? Tried invading for these pvp covenants are they're straight up gank squads 9/10.

Anor Londor, Farron Keep before the swamp.
Depends on your level, obviously. With those two spots you'll often come across either 1v1 fights or massive 3v3 or 3v4 etc. fights. I've even had some fun 1v1v1s.

Luigiv

So beat the final boss. Managed to do it on my first go, unkindled (though I did use all my estus by the end).
Honestly he was very lame. Boring design, boring moveset, and no story build up or interesting lore. Oh well, at least the Nameless King was cool as shit.

LiK

Started a new chara as a mage again, this time I'll stay on the mage path for all its course, using the previous playthough knowledge.

Honestly, I'm starting to believe they didn't bother to play-test a sorcerer pass the tutorial. That, or Miyazaki hates magic. After BB and DS3, if the next soul game has shit magic again I expect him to come out and emulate the other Miyazaki: "Sorcery was a mistake, it's nothing but trash".

Miyazaki/FROM nerfed Magic after Demon's cuz you can be pretty OP in it. Quite a shame.

myco666

Silver knights at
anor londo
drop it. Put on the mimmic helmet for item find boost. I farmed silver knight set in 20 mins n got 3 concord in that time

Yeah thats just you getting really lucky with them. I farmed those and didn't get a single drop in a hour with 99 Luck + Symbol of Avarice + Gold Serpent Ring + Rusted Coin.

LiK

Yeah thats just you getting really lucky with them. I farmed those and didn't get a single drop in a hour with 99 Luck + Symbol of Avarice + Gold Serpent Ring + Rusted Coin.

Dat RNG. When people said they got Pure Bladestone after a few tries in Demon's, I wanna cry,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom